1324 14th St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btoo.com/
- Phone: 2026272800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday : 7 am - 10 pm
Friday: 7 am - 11 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 11 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Executive Chef: Bart Vandaele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from B Too
B Too is a restaurant dedicated to Belgium through cuisine and design. With a Belgian menu, Chef and Owner Bart Vandaele has thrown his life's work into this metropolitan masterpiece.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B Too reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (140)neighborhood gem (116)great for brunch (91)good for groups (56)special occasion (51)hot spot (43)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (41)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- not this timeWillVIPDined on 10/18/2014It was a disappointment tonight. Hpefully it was just a bad night and not signs of things to come. I have always had to wait past my reservation time here and tonight was not an exception. But then the service was really slow, the servers were really sloppy, and some of the food was not up to standard. I'll think twice before booking here again.
- 5 people, all wonderful dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Glad we booked ahead, B Too was packed and looked like we would have had a long wait if we hadn't planned ahead. That said, we booked in the afternoon and adjusted an hour out, all no problem. The food was all amazing, perfectly cooked. Each dish was interesting and has a slight twist to it, such as the brussle sprouts in duck fat. I've been to a lot of places where there was perfect food OR innovation, but B too combined both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingBatchDined on 10/18/2014I have been to B Too a few times now and it is always outstanding!This time I organized a dinner with friends so I made a rez for 6.En route for our 730 we ran into traffic and called to let them know we may be late- they were very polite and understanding and when we did make it in around 750 they were welcoming despite the 20 min delay.We were seated immediately at a big round table, plenty of room for every one, drink orders taken right away and reordering rounds was prompt.Belgian Mule was incredible!Apps for the table: brussel sprouts, lobster waffle and fries were delish.Entrees ordered and delivered in a timely manner and all received rave reviews. Some notables:Brussels mussels,venison and scallops, mm mmm!Great attentive waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Not one complaint. Best waffle I've literally ever had in life lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badkatemallVIPDined on 10/14/2014The service was dreadful. My companion was asking the waiter a question and he walked away! Cleaned out table of EVERYTHING after we had finished our meals. No offer of a second cup of coffee just whisked away our dishes. There was NO waiting for the many tables available. The ventilation in the restaurant was terrible. My clothes reeked of smoke/grease when I got home!! The fryer is so close to the tables that the smoke consistently filled the room. Too bad. The food was really good!Special Features:
- FInally lunch in Logan CircleSWDCDinerDined on 10/13/2014I've been looking for a great business lunch setting in Logan Circle since relocating from Georgetown in 2004. It is finally here. Open on Mondays. WINNER!Special Features:
- Amazing and so entertaining !AgaOVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great spot for any occasion ! Food and atmosphere abs feeling like being in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really awesome!AngelaMDined on 10/11/2014The lobster waffle is to die for! The lamb was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visit - Oct. 10OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation at 8:30 this Friday, but since a table was not ready my party of three waited for about 20 mins at the bar. Finally, we were led to a table in the back of the restaurant, next to the kitchen, that was designed for 2 people but now seated 3. The waiter noticed how uncomfortable the sitting was, and offered to let us switch tables with another party once they left. However, this didn't happen until midway through our meals and seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Service wasn't the best. I'd ordered mussels and the waiter didn't clear the pile of shells on the table until my meal was almost finished. He then brought my friends the wrong cocktail, debated with them, and finally agreed to get the correct drink.
- Great DinnerBrittanyVIPDined on 10/9/2014I had come to B Too for brunch a couple times with friends and family but never had a chance to sample their dinner. So for a coworker's farewell dinner, we opted to swing by. Half the group was vegetarian and gluten free, and we all found something delicious to eat. Our server was attentive but also not overbearing which was great and allowed us to really catch up. Will definitely be coming back again for mussels.Special Features:
- B TooKathieDined on 10/8/2014Delicious food, lovely presentation. We were going to the theater afterwards. We were able to leave on time with the prompt and efficient service. Will go back for the dinner with the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better when the chef is inlocalVIPDined on 10/7/2014simple dishes are always good; more complex ones stand out when the chef is inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly serviceArnepDCVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was our first time at B Too. My wife, who is very picky, said that the duck breast she had was the best she had ever eaten. The mussels and braised rabbit were equally good. Had we not had to attend a nearby theater performance, I would have been happy to stay for dessert. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing wafflesannieDined on 10/5/2014the waffles are amazing!! so many to choose from and such different flavors. they also have amazing burgers/sandwiches - don't forget to look at the lunch menu! It's easy to get stuck on the brunch menu. Great drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussel TuesdayPgiletVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great neighborhood gem in that it is always reliable and the food is good and at times creative. The best thing about this place is its mussels and on Tuesday nights, they have deals on the mussel dishes. Second to that, it has an extensive beer list and its staff is very knowledgeable about what pairs well.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Not only do I love the food at B Too, they have great service! Possibly my favorite place in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- For Waffle LoversLAtoDCdinerDined on 9/28/2014My dad and I went to B Too for brunch on a recommendation. We were a little late for our reservation but the restaurant was extremely accommodating seated us right away. (Warning: parking spaces are few and far between!) The menu was heavy on waffles but not lacking in variety-- sweet and savory options abound. Our server was attentive and the food and coffee was timed perfectly. I was a little miffed that they did not have any skim milk for my nonfat latte but the food more than made up for it. My dad had the sugar waffle which looked delicious. And I had Belgian toast-- basically french toast cooked in a waffle iron. It was quite extravagant with Grand Marnier, caramel, and orange zest. When we go back I'll try the nutella crepes. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleasefoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014B Too is that rare gem of a restaurant where the food is consistently good; where the menu is built around the kitchen's strengths, yet manages to cater to different needs. A vegetarian will not go hungry here! At my last visit I had the lobster, wanting a change from my usual mussels order. It was succulent, beautifully prepared and garnished. Others in our party had venison and duck - both cooked just right. The first courses are a thoughtful mix of hot and cold, light and substantial, and you will not go wrong with one of the waffle choices for dessert.Special Features:
- Puny Mussels Brought Them DowncleetDined on 9/26/2014B Too was a friendly place, not too loud, great variety of beers, and really excellent service but oh, my...how can you brag on being a Belgian Restaurant and served tiny, wrinkled, dry mussels? B Too? Too bad.
- JoeLoganVIPDined on 9/24/2014Steak sandwich was quite fatty and onion rings were pretty greasy. Disappointed.
- Soggy fries; cozy ambianceSEGdcDined on 9/23/2014Ambiance is cozy; soundtrack was fun (folk rock/bluesy). Had high expectations, but waiter was tentative (new?) and service, especially getting wine (extensive list! many in higher price range) took longer than it should. Bus staff seemed more confident and attentive. Had the mussels. They were fine, but nothing special for the price, and the fries were soggy/limp and thereby lost much flavor. Brussel sprouts also limp. Carrot done 5 ways: declicious. My dining partner, however, loved the food, so perhaps my taste buds were off . . . even so, the fries were still soggy. Really wanted to like this place, as I'm a huge fan of mussels and frites. May give it a second try to see if perhaps it was just an off night.
- Love B TooMackiefiveDined on 9/20/2014I have eaten here several times. The service is great-friendly, helpful, engaging. Good menu. Not the same old stuff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- live2eatVIPDined on 9/18/2014The Steak Tartare was amazing. It is not on the menu at lunch, so ask.Special Features:
- BarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014Food was excellent. Service was outstanding. It is a little TOO energetic and thus noisy. Wines and beers great.Special Features:
- Overlooked locale for lunchColHeightsLawyerDined on 9/15/2014The food is good and has been great on occasions (skip the lobster mussels combo it is fine but boring). Pea soup was stunning. Quiet and empty at lunch. You can conduct business or just catch up with a pals.Special Features:
- Who knew the lunch menu is so good?LenHVIPDined on 9/11/2014Love B Too for dinner, go a few times a month for breakfast and/or brunch (more folks should, great combinations) but his was the first time for lunch. A great and sufficiently different menu, had a greeat duck confit sandwich (does need the runny egg to bring it all together). Dining companion had the waffle with smoked salmon. Side salads were different and both wonderfully dressed. Looking forward to going back and trying the lamb burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belgian Bonanza!RestonVIPDined on 9/9/2014We were warmly greeted as we entered B Too both by the staff and the savory delightful smells emanating from the open kitchen. We ordered two different types of mussels (B Too and Brussels Mussels). Both were excellent! We split an endive salad to start (Belgian Endive, of course) and enjoyed the unique combination of endive, blue cheese and chocolate dust. Both of us love our wine, but the beer selection was too awesome to pass up, and the Belgian beer complemented the food perfectly. The service was great, our wait staff was very helpful advising us on the menu and our selections. Neither of us had been to B Too before, and we will certainly go back. I can't wait to try the venison.Special Features:
- Excellent foodTaylorDined on 9/6/2014We are becoming regular patrons of B Too. Great food, great beer, always a good time.Special Features:
- Almost greatPatrickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service, except for the first fifteen minutes before we were seated and our server informed, we were early diners, as soon as he was he shone, but a pity he was not given that opportunity from the start.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great everything, and not very many people know about it. I love brunch here! Food is quality!Special Features:
- Food was great, service not so muchlkw0804Dined on 9/1/2014I made reservations for brunch for a party of four on a Sunday morning. When we arrived the host told us the table had been set for six people and that we would have to wait. Then two additional parties of four entered and were seated ahead of us. The food was definitely the best part of the restaurant. The omelets were a perfect portion size and wonderfully flavored; the potatoes were a bit on the greasy side. The waffles were a bit with my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greaattttomPVIPDined on 9/1/2014B Too has a great brunch in an area of the city where there are lots of options. There fare is aesthetically pleasing as well as creative and the food is cooked outstandingly well-- Its like no other brunch in the city-- as the food is a little heavier and more meat options in the morning. The bar serves great drinks, the standards and some takes on the standards for brunch. My favorite of all for brunch and for a neat, cosmopolitan, European feeling that is very satisfying.Special Features:
- Almost as good as HopedDesignLadyDined on 8/31/2014After driving around for 45 minutes to find a parking spot and then walking a mile I was really hoping for much more. All in my group of five enjoyed their selections. Slow service to order and had to prompt him for everything. Creative and yet not quite there.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingEPendleDined on 8/23/2014I had high hopes for this place, but the more I think about it, our brunch was fairly unimpressive and quite pricey for what you get. For example, my small, poorly seasoned egg sandwich was $14. My regular coffee (which was nothing special) was $4 and my friend ordered a chocolate milk that cost a whopping $6. Perhaps we didn't order the right things, but it seems that the food is just ok and very overpriced. The service was a little strange, too. They were very slow to bring refills of coffee and water, but super fast when it came to clearing our plates. Worst of all in my opinion, I saw several staff members (including cooks and food runners) eating from the large dish of bacon they use to plate dishes. Gross and unprofessional.
- Nice BeligianFattycriticVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great bar, beer list and flemish stew! Service was good, ambiance was nice. I've had better experiences in DC but this place has been consistently good after three visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHcrewVIPDined on 8/19/2014I love B Too. I've been here a handful of times for brunch, dinner, Mussel Tuesday. The food is always delicious, and the ambiance is great for many occasions. The last two times I've been, however, the service has been less than spectacular. I think the waiter I had for brunch a week ago was new, and I'm willing to cut him some slack. However, this past Tuesday when I arrived early for my reservation and decided to grab a drink at the bar while I waited, I literally sat there for 15 minutes trying to get the bartender's attention before giving my drink order to another server. The bartender never acknowledged me once except to pick up my check after I paid and roll his eyes at the tip I left. The server I had for dinner, however was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteMelanieFInDCVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great food. Great Service. Great location. Great beer list.
- Lobster Waffle- OutstandingMaryDined on 8/17/2014I got the lobster waffle and it was melt in your mouth delicious. Would highly recommend for brunch/lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodgarckvDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is the perfect addition to a collection of 14th Streets venues.Special Features:
- Great EscapeDupontDinerDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a great escape from the crazy 14th Street restaurant scene, consider B Too. The food is good. You don't have to shout to hear your dinner companions. It is family friendly. And it is a pleasant dining room. Service was OK, but a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.