1324 14th St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btoo.com/
- Phone: 2026272800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 7 am - 10 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 7 am - 10 pm
Thursday: 7 am - 12 pm
Friday: 7 am - 1 am
Saturday: 9 am - 1 am
Sunday: 9 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Executive Chef: Bart Vandaele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from B Too
B Too is a restaurant dedicated to Belgium through cuisine and design. With a Belgian menu, Chef and Owner Bart Vandaele has thrown his life's work into this metropolitan masterpiece.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B Too reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)neighborhood gem (124)great for brunch (114)special occasion (70)good for groups (64)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (50)hot spot (45)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (23)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (17)scenic view (3)Show More
- Almost as good as HopedDesignLadyDined on 8/31/2014After driving around for 45 minutes to find a parking spot and then walking a mile I was really hoping for much more. All in my group of five enjoyed their selections. Slow service to order and had to prompt him for everything. Creative and yet not quite there.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingEPendleDined on 8/23/2014I had high hopes for this place, but the more I think about it, our brunch was fairly unimpressive and quite pricey for what you get. For example, my small, poorly seasoned egg sandwich was $14. My regular coffee (which was nothing special) was $4 and my friend ordered a chocolate milk that cost a whopping $6. Perhaps we didn't order the right things, but it seems that the food is just ok and very overpriced. The service was a little strange, too. They were very slow to bring refills of coffee and water, but super fast when it came to clearing our plates. Worst of all in my opinion, I saw several staff members (including cooks and food runners) eating from the large dish of bacon they use to plate dishes. Gross and unprofessional.
- Nice BeligianFattycriticVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great bar, beer list and flemish stew! Service was good, ambiance was nice. I've had better experiences in DC but this place has been consistently good after three visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHcrewDined on 8/19/2014I love B Too. I've been here a handful of times for brunch, dinner, Mussel Tuesday. The food is always delicious, and the ambiance is great for many occasions. The last two times I've been, however, the service has been less than spectacular. I think the waiter I had for brunch a week ago was new, and I'm willing to cut him some slack. However, this past Tuesday when I arrived early for my reservation and decided to grab a drink at the bar while I waited, I literally sat there for 15 minutes trying to get the bartender's attention before giving my drink order to another server. The bartender never acknowledged me once except to pick up my check after I paid and roll his eyes at the tip I left. The server I had for dinner, however was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014Great food. Great Service. Great location. Great beer list.
- Lobster Waffle- OutstandingMaryDined on 8/17/2014I got the lobster waffle and it was melt in your mouth delicious. Would highly recommend for brunch/lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodgarckvDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is the perfect addition to a collection of 14th Streets venues.Special Features:
- Great EscapeDupontDinerDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a great escape from the crazy 14th Street restaurant scene, consider B Too. The food is good. You don't have to shout to hear your dinner companions. It is family friendly. And it is a pleasant dining room. Service was OK, but a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekFrankie627Dined on 8/15/2014The menu was interesting for restaurant week. Great mussel selection on the menu. The interior was beautiful but could get loud on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Wonderful findoreocheesecakeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Try the house specials. The cheese plate was surprising...I've never had blue cheese ice cream before...it was both fun and good. My son loved the rabbit and my daughter devoured the mussels (just beware that the portion is HUGE!). The food was solidly good, the servers were friendly and helpful. It was a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Never fails to pleasePeterDined on 8/8/2014Table was ready when we got there - always a good thing on a Friday night- so no having to wait at the bar. Good service although a bit slow in the beginning with taking our drinks order. Heirloom salad and trout were delicious. Portions just right. Friends ordered endive salad, steak special and mussels - all of which were good. Waiter recommended great white wine - the Vouvray from the Loire Valley. We were a bit surprised when he brought the check before we asked for it. Restaurant was not crowded so did not think they needed table for another group. Overall, a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014I was hesitant due to mixed reviews and ease of a last minute reservation. However, the ambiance, food and service were excellent. We had the pork belly app, venison entree and branzino entree. Each cooked to perfection. Service was great. They did not rush us and timing on all food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but service left wantingDcneilDined on 8/8/2014We went for an early dinner on a Friday night. We got sat in the largely empty main restaurant. We wanted to order some appetizers to share from the happy hour bar menu to start before having a main course. Unfortunately this was apparently not possible - if we moved and sat ourselves in the bar area we could have ordered food off both the bar and restaurant menu...but being sat one yard away in the empty restaurant we could not have appetizers (that we preferred over the restaurant appetisers) from the bar menu. In short staff - including management - had a intractable policy which failed to put the customer first, and which spoilt the meal somewhat.
- Excellent Belgian food!baviaanDined on 8/1/2014Nice restaurant.The cook is a magician, the food is pretty to look and heavenly to eat. The Belgian waffle taste delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammyDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful experience. Great mussels, wine, service, ambiance. Will surely go againSpecial Features:
- Always goodLenHVIPDined on 7/29/2014We do both breakfasts (they open at 7--for good interesting preparations! and dinners. Simply everything is good. The Tuesday mussels special is fabulous price, but every evening the food just is always done well. Duck breast is one of the best in town. Enjoy. And one of the most quiet places in town. One can talk, not scream. Such a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-priced but interestingEtravelsDined on 7/27/2014After reading a review on the Brightest Young Things, I was really excited about this place. The brunch concepts were really interesting, and walking down the stairs past wine racks to their cellar diner boded well. However, the food disappointed. It was 15 minutes before my bloody mary arrived, then 5 more before my (bland and dry) herb omelet and my partner's club sandwich came to the table. The presentation of the sandwich was impressive (egg on top, served on butcher block), but he noted that the messy factor made him wish for a plate and the bread was of the sub-par super market variety. Nonetheless, B Too has an "it" factor that makes me want to come back and try again — just not for brunch.Special Features:
- SuperchriseastDined on 7/20/2014Four of us had brunch at B Too and we were lucky enough to snag an outdoor table. They were really flexible when we added an additional person and arrived early. Note, 14th street is never quiet, but between the drinks, the food, and the service, everything just clicked. As has been recommended, I had the lobster waffle and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Wow!sneakersDined on 7/20/2014Had a wonderful brunch! Excellent variety, something for everyone. Waffles are fantastic. The hot chocolate was like liquid fudge. Omelets are superb. If you order a bloody mary, you won't miss the celery stalk. They whip up celery juice and top the drink off with a frothy green celery foam....unbelievable! You will also enjoy the presentation of the dishes. It is edible artwork. Only drawback was the noise level on the lower level.Special Features:
- One of my top brunch spots in DCbrunchqueenDined on 7/20/2014Dined alone and with friends at B Too on many occasions. Food, service, atmosphere have always been outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful food but poor servicekandmVIPDined on 7/16/2014I am from Belgium so perhaps had high expectations. The food did not disappoint. I was sceptical of the "waffle" appetizers but they were both amazing. The carrots five ways were delicious. So was the rabbit! However, our waiter seemed to be in a hurry all the time. We had barely opened our menus and he already asked us if we were ready to order. Also he constantly wanted to remove our plates ("are you done with that?"). The restaurant was not packed but they still seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of there. Finally, if the menu lists the selections in Dutch, shouldn't the waiters know them by that name? I would have enjoyed the food so much more in a more relaxed, leisurely setting.Special Features:
- Mussel TuesdayAJ22VIPDined on 7/15/2014The staff was very friendly and kind, but on a Tuesday Mussels night they ran out of mussels. Of course these things happen, but we had been sitting at the bar for 30 minutes (waiting for our friend to join us) and they sat us without telling us they were out of mussels. On Mussel Tuesday we were very disappointed and left without having dinner.
- belgian restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014very good food and an exceptional drink list: especially the belgian beer liost was great, had an Brugse Zot and it tasted delicious. Keep up the good work. Doe zo voort!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent brunch spot!AnneVIPDined on 7/13/2014A friend and I went for brunch this past Sunday. We arrived promptly a little before 1:30 pm and were seated immediately. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I really enjoyed the B&B Bloody Mary which had an interesting twist as well as I had and my waffle with mussels and side order of fries. The food came very quickly which was great since my friend and I were hungry. I would definitely recommend and will probably return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't have to wait long for our food at all for a table of five ladies. Everything we ordered was great, I especially loved the duck entrée, mussels, and the pork belly appetizer. The steak tartar appetizer was a generous serving and was devoured as well. Will definitely return and recommended!Special Features:
- Small Plates for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I liked everything I had, but considering it was brunch, I would've liked bigger plates. Regardless of the amount of food, the plates were delectable. Would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great waffles and coffeeFoodJunkieDined on 7/12/2014This sister location to the Belga cafe offers a similar yet different menu. We dined in a group and all tried unique dishes. The Lobster waffle is a smaller portion but a must-try for someone who likes seafood. We shared the cheese plate appetizer. The Cornbread Waffle is a delight and more substantial portion. The coffee was nice and strong. We were greeted immediately and served ice cold water on the hot July day so that was a nice bonus. Our 5th guest arrived late and we were pleasantly surpised that his food order arrived with ours. Service was impeccable. The music was just a little too loud for brunch on a Saturday morning (almost could not talk to each other) ambiance was nice & we were commenting on it. Loved the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little too priceyDCFoodieDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed the mussels and beer selection. Our main quibble was that prices seemed a little high compared to other spots offering beer/mussels. I dont' think they had a single beer less than $7, and the mussels were $22 to $23 a piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRickDCDined on 7/10/2014Went here before a theatre show, and loved it. Been wanting to try it, and very glad I did. The mussels were fantastic, and the atmosphere was pleasant. The wait staff is very attentive, and food was delivered fast and friendly. Highly recommend it, will definitely try it for brunch at some point.Special Features:
- Okay. Felt like a Wednesday...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was okay this time. We went once before for dinner and it was spectacular. I've been also for brunch and it was good. The service this time was lackluster, I think that was the difference. This time our waiter didn't listen to our requests and the table was dirty when we sat down. We also were chasing people for a glass of water the entire time. I'm not sure if it was because this time we went on a weekday... however, every night those dining should feel like it's a "prime" night.Special Features:
- Waffles for dinner916FoodieDined on 7/7/2014The lobster waffle appetizer is a must! The venison was delicious; tender and full of flavor. The Brussels sprouts with duck confit were amazing. Very attentive and helpful staff made this an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for the breadilikefoodDined on 7/5/2014Food was great--the mussels were well prepared, the fish excellent but the bread was substandard and didn't match the overall quality of the restaurant. Bread is key in enjoying the sauces used for the mussels. Would have given a fifth star but if the management thinks that the bread was good...they don't deserve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodGemmyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Aside from one slightly obnoxious host (the hostess at the door was very sweet), my companion and I enjoyed our meal. We tried the two hash brown specials and I was very happy with the server's recommendation of the version with duck, although it wasn't as tender as I would have expected. The Mexican Latte is strong and delicious, the atmosphere is very cozy (tables quite close), and the food is soothingly satisfying. An upscale version of Belga Cafe in SE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousananoleDined on 7/5/2014I will start by saying that my review from the ambiance perspective should be taken with a grain of salt as I purposely reserved here for brunch during the World Cup game between Belgium and Argentina so it may have been livelier than normal. As an out-of-towner, I have NO idea :/ That being said, it also helps to clarify other reviewers complaints of bad service. This place was PACKED and our service was OUTSTANDING. Our server was attentive without making us uncomfortable and went above and beyond in making sure we were satisfied with his knowledge of the menu and expansive selection of Belgian beers. The food was perfectly executed and fresh from the mussels to the waffles and the quiche and even the delicious ale. Must go if in D.C.Special Features:
- Really great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We are really impressed with the quality of the food and service at B Too!Special Features:
- Had a poor experienceSlapshotDined on 7/3/2014I've been to Btoo before and we had a great experience. This time was not good, however. They moved us very quickly through dinner, bringing the food before the drink I was planning as an aperitif. They were kind enough to comp the drink when I suggested before I received it that I didn't want it. I, unfortunately, felt like I was eating in an airport, being moved quickly before a flight.
- Pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014Convenient for pre-theater dinner before going to Studio.Special Features:
- So great!!hnocheraDined on 6/26/2014Saw that B Too got great reviews on line and was intrigued to try it myself. I knew that the thing to get are the waffles but as I was there for dinner I asked my server which would be a good appetizer. He suggested the lobster waffle and it was great! Highly recommend it. Got the speculoos seared duck for dinner. Came cooked perfectly with vegetables and crumbled speculoos cookies on top. SO GOOD. Definitely recommend this place, good service and good food.Special Features:
- ExcellentRussianDined on 6/25/2014The choice of beer is amazing. Add it up with excellent European food and you will really enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for visitorsSuperMercadoDined on 6/24/2014Took my family here from out of town and they were blown away. The lobster waffle and pork belly were great.Special Features: