1324 14th St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btoo.com/
- Phone: (202) 627-2800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday : 7 am - 10 pm
Friday: 7 am - 11 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 11 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Executive Chef: Bart Vandaele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from B Too
B Too is a restaurant dedicated to Belgium through cuisine and design. With a Belgian menu, Chef and Owner Bart Vandaele has thrown his life's work into this metropolitan masterpiece.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B Too reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (139)neighborhood gem (119)great for brunch (84)good for groups (57)hot spot (56)great for lunch (45)special occasion (40)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (19)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- MilanoVIPDined on 11/24/2014always a winner - seems like it is getting better and better - the waiter really understood the menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and reasonableoutoftownerVIPDined on 11/24/2014I always come here when in DC. The staff is friendly, the food is consistently good. The tomato soup with the cheese filled waffle was great. and they have some great wines here for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Hard to find parking. So makes it a (good) neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunch experiencealissaDined on 11/23/2014Despite a few glitches in food and service, overall really enjoyed our brunch at B Too. Party of 7 people, personal visit from Chef Bart and some really tasty dishes made up for some otherwise "fine" waffles, smallish portions, an order a bucket of bacon that we didn't order (yet somehow still managed to eat...) and some lapses in attention (asked for the cocktail list, never received it, had to ask a few times for maple syrup, etc. nothing big). Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good but service was a missOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/19/2014it took about 15 minutes until we got our first round of cocktails. the whole purpose of having a cocktail is to have it before dinner so you can actually order a glass of wine or whatever with your meal. I noticed that the server failed to enter our cocktails into the system, and he was behind the bar making them. the lobster was ok. I didn't care for the sweet taste of it. was expecting more on the savory side. also, they had a soup on the menu that they planned to take off the following day. very disappointing. in addition, I think they were blowing air conditioning in the place while the outside was a nice temperature of 23 degrees. I probably won't go back to try the dining room but will hit the bar ... seems like it is much more cozy there than the dining room area.
- Great beer and mussels in cool atmospherejct48VIPDined on 11/16/2014It was a quiet Sunday night. We sat at the bar and enjoyed terrific cheeses, charcuterie, and mussels, along with crisp Belgian ales. Truly delightful. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too busy on weekends?TenseDined on 11/15/2014-Requested downstairs seating in both the open table reservation, and when I arrived at the restaurant before waiting at the bar. Did not get seated where I requested. -Sat along a busy aisle in the retaurant, got bumped by staff several times. -Something wrong with kitchen exhaust; area around kitchen very smoky. No change in a year. -Despite many visits to Belga, Bart did not recognize us or bother to stop by for a greeting. -More important, Bart was barking commands at the staff that created a tense environment in the dinning room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Too or not B-TooCinnDined on 11/15/2014Talk about energetic! I went on a busy Saturday night. The moment you walk through the door, the energy level ruminates through your body. While it was a bit crowded, I did not feel like it was difficult to maneuver. The service, from entry to exit, was great and the food was superb. While they're known for their Belgian themed cuisines, I opted for a medium rare steak that was cooked to perfection. I will be returning to sample their other fares. Overall, a wonderful DC gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO to B Too!RosemaryDined on 11/14/2014Excellent service, great beer menu, yummy scallops...what's not to like and we made it to the Studio Theatre with time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pas chouette...bigpantsDined on 11/14/2014Went to try the steak frites, very disappointing. Uninspired service, onglet was not very flavorful and served in chewy chunks rather than thin slices, and the fries were limp and oily, nothing like true crispy Belgian frites. Not one to repeat.
- what happened to this place?OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/13/2014Prices on the check were higher than prices listed on the menu. Our waiter was hard to find and forgetful. I used to love this place, but something has happened there with management.
- Had the Nordic special menuDCPattieVIPDined on 11/11/2014Nordic was very nicely prepare, though I discovered that I don't like mackerel, a very fishy fish. The cod was marvelous. Martinis and cava good. It was relatively quiet because we were way in the back and most of the diners and bar hoppers and action were up front. A welcome relief from the usual noise of 14th Street.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Amazing waffles and egg combinations! All about presentation!Special Features:
- it was perfect!!!!SarahDined on 11/9/2014the food was delicious, we went a bit earlier than brunch time but the service was fast and efficient. the waffles are amazing! definitely a thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSSinPGHDined on 11/8/2014I read a few of the earlier reviews that had some complaints about the service, but clearly they've addressed that. We had excellent service from start to finish - the hostess, bartender, and waiter were all very attentive and provided great service. The chef even stopped by our table on a very busy night just to make sure we liked everything. The food was some of the most memorable and interesting I've had in a long time, and I'd absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This was one of my worst dining experiences in DC. Food was a disaster - "beef stew" was bland beef with nothing else to it, unsalted duck breast, half scalding hot and half cold, soggy and lukewarm fries - and expensive for what it was. My husband ordered a beer on draft and they came and poured it for him from a bottle without asking if he wanted an alternative. Waiter had no knowledge of food or beer. It was loud and the room was extremely overcrowded.
- Delicious!CitrineDCDined on 11/8/2014Great food and great staff! My toddler loved the mac n' cheese. We loved the steak tartar, roasted lobster, and milk-poached halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!VgoeDined on 11/8/2014A local friend recommended to us as out of towners and we were thrilled. We actually went earlier then expected and they were gracious accommodating us. James, our waiter, helped us find amazing choices on the creative menu. Don't pass up the lobster waffle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FaveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This is my fave spot in the city. Amazing food, great service and best of all it's around the corner from my place.Special Features:
- Off NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2014Have been to B Too many times and love it. This visit was on a slow Sunday evening and I feel like it was an off-night. Food was okay, but didn't impress me like on past visits. Also, the service was very spotty and slow. I think there were only two waiters. So perhaps it's best to avoid going here on a Sunday night.Special Features:
- Brunch was greatNoiseReductionNeededDined on 11/2/2014Went here for a family birthday celebration. 4 adults/4 kids. Kids ranged in age from 4-14. All really enjoyed the food. Kids liked the chocolate milk and hot chocolate. Coffee was strong. Not too loud either, which is always a bonus. We were sitting downstairs and there were a lot of people, but did not feel claustrophobic. We will definitely go back again. NOTE: we went on a Sunday at 11:30am and parking was VERY hard to find. The parking garages were all closed to. So might want to plan your time a little better than we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday1VIPDined on 11/2/2014Everything was great. Only complaint, felt we were a bit rushed to leave.Special Features:
- Great for anteStudio dining7hom7homVIPDined on 10/29/2014Steak frites done right. Very gracious when I explained that my dining partner was a surprise no show. Clever presentation for strawberry ice cream sundae [the two women at next table took notice]. The only hitch was a delay in postDinner coffee; but that turned out to be an immediately fresh brew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014After two lunches at B Too, I would say that the food is very good, creative and not overpriced, service was excellent (once seated) both visits, but the ambiance is anywhere from average to excellent, depending on where you sit. That is my only real complaint with B Too, the way you are seated and the differences depending on the location of your table. Do not let the greeter/host sit you just anywhere they want (which is what they seem to want to do!). If you want quiet do not accept a table near the open kitchen, if you want to enjoy the ambiance don't sit at one of the faraway tables which can feel feel closed off.Special Features:
- Went for brunchHollypollyDined on 10/25/2014We went to B Too for brunch and were impressed. The decor and menu were great! The cocktails are pricey for brunch so I don't recommend it for a long meal, and the music was pretty loud and clubtastic for a Saturday morning. Other than that, the food and service were great! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- DinnertoddeindcDined on 10/24/2014The food was delicious. Table service was just adequate. I personally dislike when restaurants won't seat you at a table until the entire party is present despite making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was lackingJess05Dined on 10/19/2014Decent brunch spot. I really liked the mushroom eggs on toast (not sure what the name of the dish was). I didn't like being forced to get something at the bar (at 10 am) because my friend had not yet arrived. We had a 10 am reservation. I arrived at 9:55. She arrived at 10:00. It was annoying to have to deal with the bar tab and relocation. I also think someone needs to tell the servers that restaurant staff should always yield to patrons walking through, not hurriedly push in front of them. I learned this basic tenet of restaurant service when I worked at a far less classy burger joint in college. B Too: worth another trip but not spectacular in any way.Special Features:
- not this timeWillVIPDined on 10/18/2014It was a disappointment tonight. Hpefully it was just a bad night and not signs of things to come. I have always had to wait past my reservation time here and tonight was not an exception. But then the service was really slow, the servers were really sloppy, and some of the food was not up to standard. I'll think twice before booking here again.
- 5 people, all wonderful dishesEcceNerdoDined on 10/18/2014Glad we booked ahead, B Too was packed and looked like we would have had a long wait if we hadn't planned ahead. That said, we booked in the afternoon and adjusted an hour out, all no problem. The food was all amazing, perfectly cooked. Each dish was interesting and has a slight twist to it, such as the brussle sprouts in duck fat. I've been to a lot of places where there was perfect food OR innovation, but B too combined both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingBatchDined on 10/18/2014I have been to B Too a few times now and it is always outstanding!This time I organized a dinner with friends so I made a rez for 6.En route for our 730 we ran into traffic and called to let them know we may be late- they were very polite and understanding and when we did make it in around 750 they were welcoming despite the 20 min delay.We were seated immediately at a big round table, plenty of room for every one, drink orders taken right away and reordering rounds was prompt.Belgian Mule was incredible!Apps for the table: brussel sprouts, lobster waffle and fries were delish.Entrees ordered and delivered in a timely manner and all received rave reviews. Some notables:Brussels mussels,venison and scallops, mm mmm!Great attentive waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingKarenVIPDined on 10/18/2014I am very disapponted and embarassed with our treatment at B Too, I hosted a party of 6 people, most who hadn't been to B too previously and we were very excited to eat there. Our reservation was for 6:30, we were seated promptly and the service and food was great. At 8:10 I saw the waiter put the check on the table without asking if we wanted anything else. The waiter then leaner over and said the chef is really on me for this table and apologized saying if it was up to him we could stay but the chef likes to turn the tables over every 2 hours, I reminded him that we had been there an hour and 40 minutes and he just shrugged and walked away. Bottom line, there is too much competition on 14th street to be treated like this.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Not one complaint. Best waffle I've literally ever had in life lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badkatemallVIPDined on 10/14/2014The service was dreadful. My companion was asking the waiter a question and he walked away! Cleaned out table of EVERYTHING after we had finished our meals. No offer of a second cup of coffee just whisked away our dishes. There was NO waiting for the many tables available. The ventilation in the restaurant was terrible. My clothes reeked of smoke/grease when I got home!! The fryer is so close to the tables that the smoke consistently filled the room. Too bad. The food was really good!Special Features:
- FInally lunch in Logan CircleSWDCDinerDined on 10/13/2014I've been looking for a great business lunch setting in Logan Circle since relocating from Georgetown in 2004. It is finally here. Open on Mondays. WINNER!Special Features:
- For Breakfast they're makin wafflesMakinWafflesDined on 10/13/2014B Too has got the waffle thing down. I've been here twice now and can't decide between sweet or savory. The good news is-they have it all! My first trip to B Too I had the "Wafel A La Quiche". If you want savory-you cannot go wrong. Two perfectly cooked waffles, with ham/cheese quiche sitting on top. There is also a light salad served with it-so yummy. My 2nd trip I got the Mixed Berries De Brusselse Wafel-to die for. The berries looked as if they had been picked about 5 minutes early-absolute perfection. I wish there had been a little more waffle but the whipped cream and powdered sugar made up for that. Also-the cinnamon syrup was the "icing on the cake"...can't wait for my next brunch trip!Special Features:
- Amazing and so entertaining !AgaOVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great spot for any occasion ! Food and atmosphere abs feeling like being in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really awesome!AngelaMDined on 10/11/2014The lobster waffle is to die for! The lamb was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visit - Oct. 10OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation at 8:30 this Friday, but since a table was not ready my party of three waited for about 20 mins at the bar. Finally, we were led to a table in the back of the restaurant, next to the kitchen, that was designed for 2 people but now seated 3. The waiter noticed how uncomfortable the sitting was, and offered to let us switch tables with another party once they left. However, this didn't happen until midway through our meals and seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Service wasn't the best. I'd ordered mussels and the waiter didn't clear the pile of shells on the table until my meal was almost finished. He then brought my friends the wrong cocktail, debated with them, and finally agreed to get the correct drink.
- Great DinnerBrittanyVIPDined on 10/9/2014I had come to B Too for brunch a couple times with friends and family but never had a chance to sample their dinner. So for a coworker's farewell dinner, we opted to swing by. Half the group was vegetarian and gluten free, and we all found something delicious to eat. Our server was attentive but also not overbearing which was great and allowed us to really catch up. Will definitely be coming back again for mussels.Special Features:
- B TooKathieDined on 10/8/2014Delicious food, lovely presentation. We were going to the theater afterwards. We were able to leave on time with the prompt and efficient service. Will go back for the dinner with the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.