6700 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31406Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.byrdcookiecompany.com/
- Phone: 9127211564x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Wednesday-Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact B.Tillman for your next event. We are able to offer off site caterings for offices and private events. Our chef is happy to create a menu specific to your needs and occasion.
- Special Events: Stay up to date on twitter, facebook, and instagram for the latest news, specials, events, etc.
A word from B TILLMAN
B Tillman at Byrd Cookie Company offers Southern inspired dishes with modern presentation and hints of French influences. Lunch fare ranges from seasonal soups and salads, to hearty sandwiches, and smaller portions of dinner favorites. Daily Happy Hour specials highlight a well thought out wine and bar list with house made liquors and a selection of local beers. The dinner menu is carefully constructed with specials that will excite epi-curious diners. Join us for a mimosa or bloody mary for Sunday brunch which is sure to excite everyone's taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
B TILLMAN - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
B TILLMAN reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food in an interesting modern warehouse setting. Service was slow but we weren't in a hurry so not a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always make us feel SpecialProSoundVIPDined on 10/8/2014We dine here regularly and this past week it was our anniversary and the staff went out of there way to make us feel special. The food as always is excellent priced and of great quality. If you have not dined here your missing out.Special Features:
- gourmet1Dined on 10/3/2014this is the best restaurant I have been to in years. everything worked well, the service, fantastic food and quiet. we'll definitely recommend it and come back. ali nasrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was different this timeAprilDined on 9/25/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Savannah! Usually the food is outstanding, this time it was just okay. The service and the food were a little bit off that night. I got the airline chicken, which was pretty flavorless and myvegetables were salty. My friend got the salmon which he enjoyed and the spinach dip was good as well. We'll probably go back for brunch and wait till the menu changes before we visit again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretGeorgieDined on 9/13/2014This is a fabulous restaurant. Can't figure why it isn't busier for dinner. Both lunch and dinner are great with wonderful staff and a great menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful!AverageDinerDined on 9/11/2014Dined here on a Thursday night and it was the best meal during my 4 day trip to savannah. We started with the pimento cheese toasts and the toast was perfect, so light and airy. I had the risotto and my son had the grilled Caesar salad and added some grilled chicken. The free cookies from the adjacent Byrd cookie company we're delish. I will be coming back! Service was exceptional!Special Features:
- Good Food, Bad ServerShelbyDined on 8/31/2014This is my second time dining at B. Tillman for Brunch. The food was good as it was last time but the service was poor. Our server brought our biscuits long after a table near us who arrived after we did. We asked for straws for our waters and never received them so I had to walk to the bar to get some. My mother complained that her french toast was hard and the server told us that it was supposed to be "crusty" then walked off. There was another server working who seemed to be more attentive to the needs of her tables so this may be an isolated incident. I would still recommend this restaurant for a nice low key Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealProSoundVIPDined on 8/16/2014I dine at B Tillmans' a few times a month the food is always outstanding and the service is great. If you haven't been here your missing out.Special Features:
- Always a GREAT meal and experience!KimmyKDined on 8/15/2014My favorite go-to neighborhood when I have company visit or just don't feel like cooking for myself. The menu offers me the option of going cozy homestyle or experimenting with something I don't know how to cook. From the warmest welcome of Dave the host, to tableside visits from Chef, I always love a visit to B TillmanSpecial Features:
- Delightful eveningHerdiskDined on 8/6/2014Although we were initially disappointed that several of our favorite items were no longer on the menu, the meal was WONDERFUL! Our group tried 3 appetizers and 3 dinner selections. Everything was delicious and we would all order them again. Each dish had such depth of flavor. The dishes had visually appealing plating and the portion sizes were perfect. It would be nice if the menu could be expanded some, but not at the cost of the wonderful flavors the chef develops from the fresh ingredients. Our server, Sam, was engaging and very knowledgeable of the menu. Her menu suggestions were right on target and she provided us with a delightful experience for our anniversary. This is a hidden gem !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodGAladyDined on 8/2/2014We went for restaurant week and had 3 courses. We were extemely pleased with each one. The tastes and the presentation of the food was superb, and the portions were larger than I had expected. The service was friendly and timely without being intrusive. I didn't give 5 stars for ambience only because the restaurant has a sleek, modern look with mostly hard surfaces, and (in my opinion) lacks warmth. but the tables are far enough apart that you aren't forced to overhear other diners' conversations. We will definitely go back and will bring out of town guests with us.Special Features:
- Great night!!FoodieDined on 7/31/2014We're so glad that Restauant Week brought us back to B. Tillman. Such a great meal, very good wine and great personnel! We really liked the new layout! We'll definitely be coming back SOON!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need2eatDined on 7/31/2014Our table had mixed reviews. Salmon eater was very happy, shrimp was okay but risotto was not good. Soup and mushroom first course was excellent but cheesecake very disappointing. Beer and wine selections were very good. Because of this I cannot check off any boxes.
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchBrenditaDined on 7/27/2014Sunday brunch was fantastic!!! Food excellent...all of it was locally sourced and made in house. Absolutely phenomenal find and a great addition/improvement to Savannah's restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be deterred by the locationMarkVIPDined on 7/18/2014B Tillman is about 10-15 minutes by car from the downtown historic district, but this restaurant located in the 90 year-old Byrd cookie company factory is definitely worth the trip. Seating is ample and the staff is top-notch service oriented. There's a window in the restaurant that provides a look at how the cookies are made, and the adjacent store sells the products. Most importantly, while the menu is short, the food is wonderful. We both had the cold leek soup/Vichyssoise topped with thyme oil, followed by the Braised Pork and the Thai Shrimp and Grits, both perfect! We topped off with some coffee and a sampling of Byrd cookies. This is a great place to go for lunch or dinner, and none of the parking hasstles downtown.Special Features:
- Raises The Bar On "Lunch"Dinner42Dined on 7/14/2014Regretfully, we live in Virginia and can only stop in at B Tillman when our itinerary is carefully arranged to accommodate a visit. This time we were determined to go for lunch and dinner. The dinner review will be along shortly. Obviously, we enjoy whatever is on the menu. It varies and that factor always results in an excellent dining experience that is based on local, fresh ingredients masterfully engineered by an innovative and talented chef. Forgive the hyperbole, but we are jealous of those patrons who live in local commuting distance. Take advantage of your good fortune!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the B TILLMAN reviews archive.
- Excellence in Every AspectJonathanDined on 6/4/2014My girlfriend and I went to B Tillman for her Birthday dinner. We were seated immediately in a comfortable booth and the waitress took out drink orders promptly. We ordered the Southern Deviled Eggs and the Fried Green Tomatoes for appitizers. The FGT were delicious as well as the SDE. The FGT had a crust around them that was perfect and the sauce was amazing! I had the Roasted Airline Chicken and she had the Catch of the Day. The RAC was excellent! The service was very great too. I would highly recommend B Tillman to anyone wanting to have a unbelievable meal with great service and comfortable seating. This was one of the best dining experiences that I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Savannah foodPegsDined on 6/4/2014This was our first dinner at B Tillmans after several lunches and it did not disappoint! It was outstanding, each dish was excellent! We live out of town and we have our own very good restaurants and this is up there with the best in our city, but I don't think there is much better in Savannah either!! They have to be serving the best grits in Savannah!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014We had a relaxing, delicious lunch with just the girls. We all chose the Power Lunch which was delicious and healthy. I have to try the burger sometime soon since apparently it has a wonderful reputation. Our server was perfect.Special Features:
- Absolutely Fantastic!cpacey3VIPDined on 4/26/2014So excited to find this restaurant on a trip to Savannah. Loved everything except that the big sign on the building reads, "Byrds Cookie Co" which was a little confusing. It turns out that they used to make the famous cookies there. Too cool. Anyway, the place would be great for company parties or receptions. I kept visioning things in my head while we ate. By the way, the food was stinkin amazing! I got the braised pork and my husband got the flounder. Both dishes were perfect. Presentation was great too. Nice wine list. This place is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot off the beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We made reservations last minute for Easter Sunday brunch. We weren't sure what to expect since the menus aren't online to look at ahead of time. But we were far from disappointed, and will be back to try out lunch and dinners. My husband had their CAB burger and it was delicious, I tried the french toast and it was perfectly cooked with a delicious strawberry sauce. Our relatives tired the chicken and biscuits and WOW! It was amazing, the chicken was perfectly cooked and the gravy was wonderful. If your tired of all the chains and downtown spots, or just want something new, do yourself a favor and go try them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Easter BrunchSos45Dined on 4/20/2014A comfortable attractive dining experience with friendly efficient service and a perfect Easter brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs more patronsStuff2GilDined on 4/19/2014Outstanding food, good wine list and friendly service. Unfortunately we were the only people in the place on a Saturday night. When will the south-side of Savannah wake up and discover this gem. Dutch Island, the Landings Is. of Hope quit complaining unless you start supporting a class act like B TillmanSpecial Features:
- Lovely quiet and deliciousJudyDined on 4/13/2014This is a perfect restaurant for a Sunday brunch. The food is delicious (and special, with unique touches on dishes like eggs Benedict). The service is great. Best of all, it's a wonderful quiet place to linger and chat--with the bonus of a visit to the Byrd Cookie shop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem tucked away off WatersPiedEyedDined on 4/5/2014Iron chef winner puts a new spin on Shrimp & Grits goes Thai with peanut satay sauce! Smooth and creamy Devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B Tillman, I'll be back!ScottOVIPDined on 4/3/2014I was in Savannah on business for the week and B Tillman was, by far, had the best food of the entire week. It's newly remodeled and located in the same building as the Byrd Cookie Company (they're tiny and delicious). I had the pan seared Sheepshead and absolutely LOVED it! I had never eaten it before and was pleasantly surprised by the texture and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch EverAprilDined on 3/23/2014I love B.Tillman! This was our first time going for Sunday brunch and we were not disappointed. The food was stellar, the staff was friendly and our server Dave was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- AwesomecowboysoverfoodDined on 3/14/2014This was a first class establishment and I'm telling everyone how great it is. Will recommend and put my reputation on the line for this restaurant. AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was very attentive andKeithDined on 3/1/2014Staff was very attentive and the food was exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningCoachDined on 2/28/2014We had a pleasant evening. The menu is very limited, especially if Brussels sprouts aren't among your favorite vegetables. The food was above average, presentation very nice and flavors were excellent. One member of our party had an issue with a particular ingredient for which the kitchen made special care to avoid. Service was excellent until we had finished eating. Then the server pretty much ignored us unless we made a point of gesturing our needs. Everyone at our table was happy with our choices which included both a hot and cold shrimp dishes, soup, pimento dip and a beet tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B Tillman: excellent food, nice ambJudyDined on 2/16/2014All of the dishes we selected (pate appetizers, eggs Benedict, shrimp and grits) were excellent, with a custom twist on each. The waitstaff were prompt but unobtrusive, and the atmosphere was perfect for a quiet brunch with friends. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salad appetizer was fresh;diner6Dined on 2/15/2014The salad appetizer was fresh; the dressing was oily to a fault, even after another was requested. I do not know how pickled vegetables could taste the way this dish did. I had the Southern Deviled Eggs; they were eggs and they were deviled. That is about all I could write about the three I was given. The yolks were tasteless and off color. My trout was not cooked properly. The skin remained on the oddly shaped piece I was served, while the flesh was neither firm nor flakey. The sides were jumbled together and cooked as though an afterthought. Both the location and the concept are promising; it is the restaurant itself that is lacking and gives the impression someone was in a hurry to open and many details were half-completed.
- Best Hidden Gem of SouthsideaboutTasteDined on 2/14/2014B Tillman is one of the best discoveries in Southside; it is comparable to Local 11Ten and 700 Drayton (Mansion's restaurant). My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and the food served. The outside dining area was open and friendly, perfect for a group to hang out. The inside is contemporary and tastefully spaced out. I ordered the Braised Pork which was very tender (slightly heavy on the sauce) but perfect with the Kale. Beautifully presented. My husband had the special trout which was nicely crispy and flavorful without being over salty or bland. The four seating table is slightly awkward where the center leg gets in the way of you moving your legs. The staff is very friendly and attentive. One of my new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in awhileNavyHMDined on 2/14/2014B Tillman was absolutely amazing, our server Dave was genuine and kind, the food was incredible and the dirty martinis were among the best I have had. I would certainly reccomend going here, and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Good food, not a lot of varietyCleanplategirlDined on 2/14/2014I wanted to like the restaurant, but it just wasn't that great. Good food, but not great. Nice servers but waited a good bit for service even with reservations and the restaurant wasn't full.Special Features:
- A real findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We were in Savannah for Valentines day with no hope for a dinner reservation downtown. But open Table showed a list of their clients with openings. It is out in the Burbs, about 20 min from town but the GPS got us there. Worth the trip. Food was outstanding..a very limited menu,,,we has fresh sea trout perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Savannah Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2014Great atmosphere and delicious food. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!tigerman81Dined on 2/10/2014I've been in the area for around 10 months and have tried a lot of different places, but this place by far beats them all. The food is amazing and there is nothing else like it in Savannah!! We had the gnocchi to start and all I can say is wow!!! For our second course we had the flounder and the pork. Both were amazing and the pork itself was so tender (no knife needed). We decided to go for it and get a couple of the deserts and they didn't disappoint! The food and service were amazing along with the wine list and drink menu. A true find in Savannah!!! Cant wait to come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth the TripProSoundVIPDined on 2/8/2014If you don't mind not dining downtown this place is great. Menu is always changing and everything there is fantastic. Always quiet my favorite meal in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ditch downtown -- midtown wins!Foodie1Dined on 2/6/2014B.Tillman was an amazing experience-- great food, Sam was a perfect server, and the wine list is very impressive. I'm planning to use this location for group meetings next month. It's the perfect location, lots of parking, beautiful large dining room that appears to convert to various configurations to meet any groups needs. This is our new 'go to' spot -- we'll be back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.