B Star Bar
127 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
B Star Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bstarbar.com/
- Phone: 4159339900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 AM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burmese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Joycelyn Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have provided food for parties of 15-100 guests. Please contact Mike at: email@example.com
A word from B Star Bar
Our Menu was created with the goal of making delicious, healthy, simple, and wholesome Asian-inspired foods. Our dishes are inspired by flavors of Thailand, China, Burma, India, Japan, and of course our home here in California. We hope that you enjoy and thank you for coming.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
B Star Bar - Best Restaurants in Richmond District ›
B Star Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (28)great for brunch (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Never disappointsShazzaDined on 7/17/2014Love my neighborhood 'go-to' restaurant. The B-sprouts and Tea Leaf Salad are not to be missed.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!tonarocksVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had an amazing time as we kept ordering additional happy hour appetizers! The Brussels Sprouts were over the top and our table loved the pork tacos. Great neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteDebKDined on 6/29/2014Love the food here; such fresh and interesting flavors. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNoelaniDined on 6/22/2014This is a lovely neighborhood restaurant that has a friendly environment, good service, and the good is the best. B sprouts are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique style for breakfast/brunchMissiebDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed Father's Day brunch at B Star and were very pleased with the unique choices for brunch. Some dishes were Asian inspired and there was a great mix of sausage, egg, dishes. Service was friendly and restaurant was clean and had a fun environment.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our MealTerryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Maybe a year since last time we ate here. Knowing we were going to spend the day in the city, we booked an early table for my family of 5. Everyone loved the food, lots of great flavors. The service was friendly, and overall we had a very enjoyable time. If we lived closer, we would probably become regulars.Special Features:
- AddieVIPDined on 5/18/2014I'm a regular. What more can I say! Thanks, thanks.Special Features:
- It was closed!GustabuaDined on 5/13/2014Very surprised to arrive at Resturant (with my date) only to find them closed! Open Table and Bstar need to figure out what the disconnect is.
- Very upsetlukochkaDined on 5/13/2014Made a reservation,received confirmation,met with my friends, who came out of SF, waited for 45 min, went to near by restaurant to find out that B Star closed on Tues. we've planned a B-day party for our friend, very very upset and disappointed. How would you make a reservation on the day place does not even open?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations don't matterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2014Reservations can still take up to 45 minutes to be honored.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014Went with a group of older Chinese friends and I was a bit concerned about their feedback. They all found the food tasty and the pan-Asian flavors were delicious. We all enjoyed sharing the different dishes.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day DinnerAnnePDined on 5/11/2014We had a fabulous early dinner here for Mother's Day – the waitress was super nice about our big, bonkers group and the food was delicious, as always!Special Features:
- Second time and from ConnecticutStoshVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food is outstanding. The lotus chips are so unusual and my lamb curry and wife's salad were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same...BMACVIPDined on 5/3/2014Love Burma Superstar and love this place usually but most recently the food was much to heavy, oily and carelessly prepared. So much sweet or salty sauce on everything that it wasn't enjoyable. We had a 5:30 reservation so I don't want to believe it was just too slamming for them to be more attentive. Had to wait 15 or 20 minutes for drinks. A bummer.Special Features:
- The following 302 reviews are from the B Star Bar reviews archive.
- Saturday brunchMissvicVIPDined on 4/26/2014Consistently good, great food quality, attentive service - I love the combination of flavors - a pleasant surprise for the tongue! And, I could sit and drink coffee after I'm done for some time!Special Features:
- great burmese foodmm0817VIPDined on 4/24/2014platha platter, tea leaf salad, tuna ceviche and brussel sprouts are all amazing. service was a little off (dirty dishes on table for a while) this visit but very friendly.
- Walking distance from USFUSFMOMDined on 4/18/2014Wonderful all the way around, we always try a new place on Clement every time we visit our daughter at USF and B Star is by far our favorite! Fried Brussel Sprouts, Tea Leaf Salad and Butternut Squash Soup were delicious finished it off with the Affogato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a bit on the hotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2014Great food, a bit on the hot side. The much lauded Tea Leaf salad was not very exciting, but the rest of the food was great. The Biryani was outstanding as was the lamb. We spent a great evening there, although noise level was a bit high. Service was very friendly and the waitress was highly knowledgeable about the dishes and provided great recommendations.
- Consistently good and healthySnaveVIPDined on 4/6/2014I always get the same thing. T leaf salad, pork Taco and coconut water. So yummy!! Food is interesting, creative and quite healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the not so typical brunch spotestuhDined on 4/5/2014Its got all the brunch classics such as eggs, pancakes, and waffles. but then you keep reading. then you see the salmon with a green tea broth and pickled ginger, then the filappino breakfast classic. some of the dishes needed a pinch more salt, but thats easily fixable.Special Features:
- Came back and reconfirmed I like itFabiolaDined on 4/4/2014Friendly service, fast in taking order and serving, nice exotic menu. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian brunch spotM808Dined on 3/22/2014Whenever I'm craving asian-inspired brunch (which is often), I can count on B Star. It's easy to make a reservation, and everything I've tried for brunch has always been good. My go-to dishes are the tuna don (seared ahi with egg, ginger rice and avocado), longsilog (Filipino breakfast of sweet sausage, garlic rice, and egg), and the waffle to share. I always pair my meal with the mango soda. Love that this is in my 'hood!Special Features:
- usually bettersfmumVIPDined on 3/16/2014Sunday dinner somehow didn't wow. The food was mostly mediocre -- and usually it's fantastic. Maybe it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Went here before for dinnerFoodpornlizVIPDined on 3/9/2014Went here before for dinner and had the jook and was blown away so decided to come on a Sunday for an ethnic brunch. Had their salmon and rice with aged duck egg. Very interesting. Have never had a dish quite like it. Tasty. Of course we also had to order the tea leaf salad (a must when in B star or Burma Superstar). Washed it down with a lemon ginger mimosa. I thought it was a refreshing change of pace from the typical brunch food. They give all of their dishes a nice Asian twist. Would totally recommend to those wanting to steer away from a classic weekend brunch. Service was a little slow though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service now on par with foodSatisfiedDined on 3/2/2014BStar has been a favorite brunch place since the first of many visits. However, until recently, it seemed as if it was staffed by young, friendly but not particularly well trained people. No more. The staff here seem to have come into their own. They were very attentive and accommodating. I'm very happy with BStar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual spotyumhoundVIPDined on 2/26/2014B Star bar is a great mix of creative, good, pan-Asian cuisine. I've been here both on dates and with small children. They have a lot of variety on their menu. One thing I always get are their crunchy brussels sprouts. with the crispy rice they're divine. other standouts are the platha dipper, miso cod, kai soi (coconut chicken noodles) and lamb curry. and, who can forget the tea leaf salad? divine. all-around great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always go hereAddieVIPDined on 2/23/2014Well, that says everything. I love everything about this place. Even the noise level (while energetic) is tolerable; esp., considering the great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Love itJihmbVIPDined on 2/17/2014Weve been here twice. If you don't get the Brussels sprouts you should be shot on siteSpecial Features:
- yummy food!pegssDined on 2/13/2014the food is delicious at b-star, however service was a little rushed, several people trying to clear our food away before we finished and there wasn't a line of people waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Saturday brunch with a friendMissvicVIPDined on 2/8/2014Always consistently good food combinations - fried egg on top of chicken croquette filled with potato, ground chicken and cooked bacon, on a bed of greens - delicious and very satisfying. Wonderfully strong coffee.Special Features:
- creative and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2014A menu for everyone! Lunch can be a wide variety of Asian sandwiches, Jook, curries, salads. Friendly an attentive staff. Finish off with a tasty Vietnamese coffee.Special Features:
- I go here all the time! ThatAddieVIPDined on 2/2/2014I go here all the time! That in itself says a lot!Special Features:
- DeliciousPaulKDined on 2/1/2014We brought out of town guests and it was the perfect place to show off San Francisco's creative restaurant scene - everything was delicious. It's more fun with a group because you can sample more of the delicious appetizers. The miso cod and sea bass were both excellent - perfectly cooked tender fish! And when too many restaurants have wine lists starting at $50, the $28 wines are a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday morning brunchMissvicVIPDined on 2/1/2014Didn't feel like cooking - so what's new? I love the food at B Star - whether brunch, lunch or dinner. Enjoyed the chicken potato croquette with a fried egg on top with a spicy sauce in between and all laid out on a bed of greens - added bacon to the croquette this time - a total meal that kept me going for the next 4 hours. Excellent coffee to perk me up and what more can I say - attentive service - not bugging us, just checking in and refilling coffee. Great way to start my day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe best food I have had atpickyeater2Dined on 1/31/2014THe best food I have had at a restaurant in 10 years! outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchMissvicVIPDined on 1/18/2014Spur of the moment decision to go to brunch at B Star. Always delicious, with great spices, eggs and chicken croquettes never taste the same anyplace else. Fresh squeezed on, bold coffee, all make for a good start to the day.Special Features:
- Service was very slow, theyNisaDined on 1/12/2014Service was very slow, they forgot our Main entrees order and we had to wait a long time after. Very close setup of tables and noisy.Special Features:
- Good Alternative To Burma StarColbysmommaDined on 1/4/2014B Star is a nice alternative to it's big sister, Burma Star. The food is similar with a few additional items on their menu that you won't find on Burma Star, such as the fried brussel sprouts and the flower jasmine tea. The restaruant atmosphere is quite not as nice as Burma Star, especially if you are in the "back room" where the noise level can often get unbearable. Request a set in the main restaurant if you can...especially if you want to have a conversation.Special Features:
- who ever heard of Burmese food?kittenVIPDined on 1/3/2014We returned here after a great experience last time we were in the Bay area. Although the parking is impossible, the food is definitely an experience! We loved the tea salad, duck lettuce cups and brussels sprouts with popped rice. We didn't even get to the entrees after ordering several appetizers. The black rice pudding was perfect for dessert. This restaurant takes reservations, which is different than its more famous cousin down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2013My wife found the B Star Bar online and thought it looked and sounded great. I agreed, especially since i love duck. The brunch was fantastic and my Duck Hash Quesadilla was fantastic. My wife had Hajiki Tofu eggs and loved that. We also had the lemon ginger mimosas also delicious. Topped it off with the Ginger Ice Cream over warm chocolate cake. all I can say is MMM MMMM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.