B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: (212) 315-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (34)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014They were very accommodating to our 8pm curtain call. Food was good and service was great. I'll certainly go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexciting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014I was disappointed by the food; it just wasn't very good. The waiter was great, and the restaurant was relatively quiet and relaxed... but I'm not sure I would recommend it because the food was so mediocre.
- Touch of the SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/12/2014We chose B Smith for a recent business dinner. We wanted someplace convenient with good food and service. We were very pleased. Our server made some excellent recommendations. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnermotsDined on 11/9/2014Even though I arrived early, I was seated and my water glass was kept filled. After my guests arrived, we were given extra time to view the menu and coincidentally, all ordered the same entree, blackened catfish, which came with collard greens and mashed sweet potatoes. It was fabulous. We told the server that we loved the food and looking at the wiped-clean plates, he said "I can see that."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueMadelineDined on 11/6/2014The prix fix was a very good value. The caesar salad was excellent as well as the mac and cheese. The southern fried chicken was good but a bit oily for my taste. The sorbet selection was also good.Special Features:
- dovebarDOVEBARVIPDined on 11/2/2014I ordered chicken, priced over $25. If not for the fact that i was dining with friends, I would have sent it back. It was over cooked and grainy. It was more like a $13 greasy spoon chicken. There are too many better restaurants at which i have eaten on restaurant row. I will not go back to this one. Very disappointed.
- very disappointingtsalliDined on 11/2/2014the food was ok, the servicer was pleasant however the service was was not good, the server dropped a plate of food as serviing, and crab cakes remained on the floor during our entire time we dined I really was hoping it would have been cleaned prior to our main course be served. we had to request refills on coffee and water serveral times i dont think Ms. Smith would approve of what is happening here.
- powwowDined on 11/1/2014It was nice that the staff was ready for us when we came and expected us by name. Great service, relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- MartydocVIPDined on 11/1/2014Service was exceptionally slow. When mentioned to the hostess were were told they were short of serving staff. Food was good but we sat for over 45 min waiting for food. We had show tickets and had thankfully arrived 2 hours before the cutain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Did this restaurant relocate? its not at all what i remembered. The decor was just "Ok" and the food was lacking flavor and the portions were tiny. The prices were astronomical. Which may have been ok, if the decor and food were a match to the price points. I will try to continue support but I was definitely disappointed.Special Features:
- Fresh & DeliciousBizzyFooderDined on 10/29/2014There were 9 enjoying lunch before a matinee. We were served timely, food was good! We enjoyed our lunch experience!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchRnboDined on 10/26/2014We were seated promptly, and within a few minutes we were served water and asked for our drink order. My daughter loved the music, a good mix of contemporary smooth R&B, soul and jazz, at a moderate level, loud enough to be heard, but low enough for easy conversation. The four little corn muffins were good, but a little too sweet for an appetizer. The lobster quiche was a huge slice, tasty but needing salt. I had French toast and chicken sausage. The toast was four thick triangles, and you get two little bowls of Vermont Maple syrup and a nice serving of mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries, melons). The sausage was delicious, more like croquettes, with chunk instead of ground chicken. It had a relaxed, yet sophisticated ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a place!SoutherncomfortDined on 10/25/2014I went to B Smiths to celebrate my birthday it was my first time there. It was great! I loved the food! Definitely would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different!mimaDined on 10/22/2014Different from the norm. Good grits great fish just unusual and different I would go againSpecial Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Washington DC restaurant was really good. This one was disappointing.
- shrimp sensationBlancheVIPDined on 10/18/2014i had the shrimp and grits and walked away wanting more. Portions are huge. And the flavors linger! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Night on the town with my daughterLuvNYrestaurantsDined on 10/15/2014B. Smith a bit hungry after a Broadway Show. However, a little doubtful of eating here based on some of the reviews. I decided to take a leap out on faith and go with my own intuition. Wow! The food was awesome! The portions were good for the price and the ambience was a nice, cozy family feeling with good service and I was happy B. Smith accepted the restaurant.com coupon, making the cost very reasonable! I have to say, I am glad I followed my own intuition. Great night overall in New York City. I will definitely dine at this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageWinkerDined on 10/14/2014We had reservations for 5 pm (before a play). When we got there the entire restaurant was empty! We never had a feeling for the ambiance, as there was nobody else there to share the dining experience. While the food was good, it was nothing outstanding for Southern US fare (we've traveled down there with some locals from Louisiana, and they do have excellent food in the area!) We only saw the waiter for the order and receiving the bill - everything else was left to the bus boy. We were done the entire dinner in less than 35 minutes. And another 25 minutes to receive the bill and pay for it. Was a disappointment from our expectations of a restaurant serving the Broadway play scene.
- Great, eloquent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Whenever I have a special occasion, I have dinner at B. Smith's. I love everything about the restaurant. Prior to my last time dining there, B.Smith herself came over to my table and introduced herself...classy! I will be back, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy but not happyMello70Dined on 10/11/2014The service needs work on when the waiter has a party of 25 to 30 people and also attending other tables walk pass your table with your drinks and goes to another table to service them but comes back to you after servicing them with your drinks.I do not appreciate my drinks all around the restaurant and but in front of me.I thought the portion would have been bigger but i enjoyed my meal.Loved the fried green tomatoes. The blackened catfish was tasty with the greens and sweet potatoes. ..The drinks need a little work on..... was not happy with the mac and cheese and the chicken need seasoning and watery.....and the bread pudding didn't like it neither. ...all of the negative words i will come back. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is my 3rd time here...love the ambiance. ..drinks...service...10 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to restaurant list!HMPruneDined on 10/5/2014Brunch was served promptly, food was excellent and atmosphere was charming.Special Features:
- Looks very NiceLadyJDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time a B Smith, however the food portions for the price could have been better. Myself and my guest were celebrating a Birthday. We both ordered the same thing catfish Mac & cheese and collards. The Mac was reminiscent of boxed macaroni and the fish size was very small. We were told 6oz was what they used but mine was maybe 4oz of fish. But the manager did compensate me with another 4oz piece. This was my second time here and that time we found the chicken to be very salty... Would be very slow to recommend this restaurant, I must add.
- We'll be back!mbb4567Dined on 10/2/2014The food and the wait staff combined to make this an exceedingly pleasant evening. Our family was treated graciously and with over-the-top hospitality. That, plus the delicious quality of the food, will cause us to return as frequently as we can. Great place!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater diningDancingqueenDined on 10/1/2014Good comfort food. It is our "go to" restaurant for pre-theater dining. The wait staff is friendly and always gets us out in time for our curtain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableStannieDined on 9/28/2014B Smiths is a well known spot in restaurant row and a worthwhile stop. Good southern cooking and creative specials.Special Features:
- B. SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The Food was not as good as I was told it would be. The portions were small and the services was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Years have not been good to B SmithLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014I remember when this restaurant was a vibrant, fun, cool place. So, I took my friend's visiting daughter to dinner there because she craved "soul food." It was a big disappointment. Took a long time for the waiter to come over even though there were only two other small tables with guests and they had been served already. The menu was small and the steaks we both ordered were tough and fatty. I will not go back.
- Pre theatre dinnerGeordyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a luncheon at work so stuck to shared appetizers. Fried green tomatos were goo but not fantastic. Crispy curried oysters could have been a bit more crispy but properly oozy inside..probably hard to perfect esp. since we ordered then to be served same time as crab croquettes..which were a bit dry and could have used more sauce..the potato salad that came with them however was spot on delicious and a good size portion! It was first nite of Rosh Hashanah so not very busy..which made the slow service at the beginning a bit difficult to understand..but the server made up for it during the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRNJUSADined on 9/23/2014The environment was very good, and the service was terrific. The food, however, was mediocre.
- You call this serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2014Restaurant almost empty, told waiter we had theatre tickets - but still had to hunt him down every time. Most of diners enjoyed their food, but bad service ruined meal.
- Great Sunday BrunchdangergingermamaDined on 9/21/2014Fun place to meet friends before a Broadway matinee. Bloody Mary's were excellent and the food portions large and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperenceBillyDined on 9/20/2014Small but great food. Everyone was friendly and food is always good.Special Features:
- What a delightKimOVIPDined on 9/20/2014It may be on Restaurant Row, but it sure was different - none of that theater district feel, which to me feels like restaurants and their staff tired of doing the same old thing day after day. The space itself is lovely. The food was excellent. Our waiter was helpful about both the menu and the subway (NYC MTA seems to be doing track work everywhere.). We had a great dinner and will certainly be back next time we are in NY.Special Features:
- The serviceMightyRealDined on 9/20/2014We were there for my mother's birthday celebration so, we wanted to pop into this legendary spot before our 8p show. The server seemed like he didn't want to be there and left us hanging a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleDiner101Dined on 9/20/2014We had a party of eight that was broken into two tables and were put up in the alcove even though it was not crowded on a Saturday night. We were given a server in training, so I don't blame him, but definitely blame the management. Even though we were split into two tables, it might as well have been four since drinks, appetizers and entrees all arrived at different times. Having been to restaurant many times, I was surprised at how bad my experience was. I was somewhat embarrassed in that I had six other guests. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- thedeityDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent. I had the fried green tomatoes which I had never tasted before. They were terrific. The swamp thang was delicious. Service was pleasant but a little slow. The staff was courteous and the ambience was good. I would return and recommend B Smith tofriends.Special Features:
- Outstanding AmbianceDocADined on 9/17/2014This was a great experience. All the staff were extremely cordial and professional.Special Features:
- Absolutely Awful.BardlvrVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was truly the worst dining experience I have had in Times Square during my 20 years of living in NYC.
- lovely brunchPatCDined on 9/13/2014Had a very nice pre-matinee brunch with fried green tomatoes and lobster quiche. The service was outstanding. I would return the next time I am in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.