B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: (212) 315-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (34)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Yummy food & great serviceChasbo51VIPDined on 7/5/2014Lots to choose from. Have a look at the Happy Hour menu, too. Try the Oysters with the wasabi sauce...you won't be disappointed.Will, at the Bar, is a delight. A nice find and a great location for those heading to a show.Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 7/5/2014We went to B. Smith's after a show as an alternative to the steak and Italian restaurants in the area. I had high hopes but was very disappointed by the food. I had a seafood combo which tasteless at best. Not well seasoned. Not hot. My wife had chicken which was a little better. The surroundings were clean and roomy. The staff was pleasant. We definitely would not go back. Had hoped for much better.
- Love B. Smith's2Yummy2stopDined on 7/3/2014Took my hubby here for his birthday. We both enjoyed the food...everything from the appetizers (crab croquettes) to the dessert (bread pudding) were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisLM314Dined on 7/2/2014Disappointed. Planned a dinner with friends hoping that the experience and knowledge of B. Smith on shows would be enjoyable. Service was slow. Bartender was eating finger foods at the bar. Ugh.
- DurhamVIPDined on 7/2/2014We always have great food here: Southern cooking with a flair. This was no exception with especially great pulled pork sandwiches with interesting sweet potato salad and crunchy slaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Row GemJudyDined on 6/29/2014B. Smith never fails to delight. Had a wonderful brunch, especially enjoyed the unlimited Bellini's and Mimosa's! Great menu options for brunch or lunch on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdeedee123VIPDined on 6/25/2014The food and the service were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- A nice experienceVACATIONDined on 6/24/2014This was a very nice restaurant, however, I am not sure why OpenTable said there were no reservations available at the times I originally wanted when there were only 8-10 people in the whole place when I arrived. The food was good, but not hot, just warm. It seemed like it was prepared before ordered. We ordered the special which included an appetizer, entree and a desert for about $40, a good deal based on the rest of the menu priced. Mine was the catfish with greens, and whipped sweet potatoes. My wife had the chicken, greens and mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was a little gritty due to one of the cheeses used. The service was great! Location was close to the theaters and only a few blocks from 42nd street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchtristeandlawrenceVIPDined on 6/22/2014Really enjoyed the fried chicken and waffle - the bacon was out of this world. Waiter was very entertaining and attentive - I didn't think it was over priced for the city...Special Features:
- Below averageCbten4Dined on 6/21/2014We had eaten here before and enjoyed the food. This time the food was marginal fish was overlooked, dry, and without flavor. The dessert special was just ok the bread pudding was good. We don't feel that good bread pudding was worth the almost $100 we spent for the two of us. Last time there for us.
- What a delightChicagoVisitorDined on 6/20/2014Late night Friday. The place is quiet, comfortable, and really tasty. The catfish was light and airy, the greens were great. Just simple, delicious food. It was close to closing so we skipped the bread pudding but next time I'm in town I'm going for it. What a delight.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Group of four, two meals were excellent and two meals were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodLuvgoogfoodDined on 6/14/2014Nothing was really good about the dining experience. The food was bland; the service was poor and slow; the atmosphere was just not that great. This place used to be much better. There are much better places in the neighborhood.
- BishbamVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was amazing. Very innovative and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening at B Smith'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good. We had a 6:15 reservation with several of us arriving a little late due to very heavy rain. We were seated right away and were still able to enjoy a great meal and fun conversation and make our 8pm show time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Winding down...MASHDined on 6/12/2014I took my summer mentee here for a chance to talk and get to know each other ahead of the 10.weeks we'll be working together. It was perfect, we were able to talk and set goals for his internship and find what we have in common. He enjoyed the food and being in the theater district as he's an Arts lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creole/Southern cookingBartDined on 6/11/2014B. Smith's is a casual+ restaurant on 46th St just west of 8th Ave—merely a long block from the theatre district. This was our second visit, and it was at least as mouth-fulfilling as the first visit. The creole offerings were really good (jambalaya! umm!), but I was in a New Orleans mood. We took a younger couple with us, visitors from Nebraska, who ordered the specials of the day. They loved the BBQ ribs and the salmon. The catfish is as tasty as I recall having in N.O. itself. There are not many cajun/southern restaurants close to Times Sq, and if your taste buds are yearning for that, this is a fine choice. It's an attractive room with an upper balcony level. All good!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant Experience!joyfullivyDined on 6/11/2014NEVER disappoints. I visited recently on June 11. The hostesses are always friendly and the ambiance of the restaurant is always inviting. Music was great and not so loud as to be a distraction. We both ordered off the pre-fixe menu. My starter was the Southern Caesar Salad which was great. My mother didn't care for the Kale Salad and our server, Lisa, gladly switched it out for blackeyed pea chowder. My shrimp and grits entree was delish as was my mother's pan fried catfish with greens and sweet potato mash. We both ordered the bread pudding with Haagen Dazs ice cream. We enjoyed the ice cream there and took the bread pudding to go for a late night treat in the hotel. Another outstanding experience as usual. We love B. Smith's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rhode Island Visitorsavannah12Dined on 6/11/2014Fried green tomatoes over-fried, soup was bland, greens were cold, catfish was pretty good, shrimp with grits was without taste. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great food!NqwalkerDined on 6/10/2014I loved the Catfish and Mac n Cheese, also tried a few other dishes from my party and it was excellent. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dining ExperienceGr82eatVIPDined on 6/8/2014I brought my Mother here to celebrate her birthday. The restaurant has an open/airy feel and is decorated in muted colors of brown and creams. Brian was our server and was very helpful in assisting us with making our meal selections, being newbies here we didn't want to chance it and select any meals that were less than stellar. I chose to have the $38, 3-course meal which consisted of a Kale, cranberry salad, pan-fried catfish with sweet potatos and collard greens, and bread pudding. I was very pleased with my meal. The pan-fried catfish was very fresh and flavorful and the bread pudding was delightful. My Mother chose a meal from the daily special list - Salmon, with Kale and potatos. She liked the fish but the Kale was a bit toughSpecial Features:
- B Smiths is a must doFoodieatheartDined on 6/8/2014The food was great. The service could have been a little warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too great for words!BCookDined on 6/7/2014Very impressed by the service and food. Great overall dining experience, very lively and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmamieDined on 6/7/2014Very special when you walk in... There it ends... Very noisy, very slow service. This could be a problem if you do not eave enough time to get to the theater. Looked forward to the steak. Couldn't chew it much less cut it. Pricy and nothing to write home about. Would not go back
- Soul Foodie GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Treated a good friend to dinner; her first time there. Food, service, and drinks top shelf as usual.Hard to find places now that are genuinely upscale AND unpretentious. My friend loved the whole experience and is making plans to return....so am I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New York ClassicEjamesVIPDined on 6/7/2014I love going to B. Smith's! The food is always delicious & spot on. The portion sizes are always enough to satisfy you & yet make you crave that delicious food more & more. I took my Mom for a pre-theater brunch & we both could not talking about how consistently good B. Smith's was as we both have been coming here for a long time. The staff is very attentive & engaging and that's not the bottomless mimosas talking. We shared the chicken wings that has such a delicious sauce on it you can't help but lick your fingers. Tangy with a hint of spice to give it a little kick! I had the french toast while my mom had the catfish. You can't go wrong here for brunch or dinner! It's a classic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Every dish had a special unique taste. The service was professional. the whole atmosphere made us feel like we were invited over to B Smith's home for dinner with friendsSpecial Features:
- bettyVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was great at this restaurant row spot. The ambiance was nice, too. the only downer was that after we were settled at our table the hostess asked to move us because they had a big group coming in. This was inconvenient, and they never even said thank you or offered us a glass of wine. We didn't feel that welcome.
- SharDined on 6/3/2014I've loved B Smith's food and ambiance since I first dined at th 47th street location over 20 years ago.Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchJessVIPDined on 6/1/2014Great pre-theater brunch. The all you can drink special is a great deal--but the food is what makes it worthwhile in the first place.Special Features:
- Food was pretty goodFoodieinthemakingDined on 5/31/2014The food was tasty but they seemed short staffed and the waiter never stopped in once after he delivered the food...we sat for a long time waiting to order dessert and then waiting for the check! Not happy about that. The death by chocolate desert was great. I wouldn't go out of my way to return but would not object to going back.Special Features:
- Not your mama's soul food!PhillyfoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant. We started with Drinks (tangerine martini was delicious) and appetizers, the presentation was beautiful, however, the green fried tomato's were nothing more than frozen from a box, the breading was thick, definitely not home made. The pineapple glazed wings were just ok. On to the main course, fried chicken, Mac and cheese and collards and fried catfish, collards and sweet potato mash. The entire meal left a lot to be desired when it came to seasoning and taste, everything was rather bland. The Mac and cheese was very similar to Kraft Mac and cheese. Unfortunately, I was so disappointed we skipped dessert. I have had better soul food at a buffet! The service was just ok also.
- B. Smith'sLEGDiningVIPDined on 5/31/2014I've eaten here twice. I love the menu, although I've only been for brunch and must try dinner. However, on this last visit, the staff was very accommodating, and brought some items for the dinner menu to us! I'll definitely go back for dinner next time I'm in NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Theater DinnerTeamBlueDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I were looking for something unique to eat after catching a Broadway show. The restaurant was easy to find, the food was good as well. The only thing that really seemed strange was that this was a Friday evening dinner, and the place was empty. Including the two of us, there were 4 other patrons. With that being said, the appetizers and entrée were slightly above average, nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Finger licking goodTastyDined on 5/30/2014I had a wonderful meal in a great establishment! Everything I tried on the menu was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate Dining on Restaurant RowJJVVVIPDined on 5/29/2014Ate here before seeing a comedy club on restaurant row. Other reviewers were absolutely right when they commented that the waitstaff is super efficient and pushes people out as quickly as possible. Our food order came before our drinks were even made -- that was a first. I had a small filet of salmon, I wish the oz had been indicated prior. It was good, but tiny. I also had the mac & cheese which was tasty but nothing extraordinary. The ambience was nice, made me think of a spanish chateau? If the prices were cheaper the whole experience would've been a pretty great deal but the midtown Manhattan pricing left this place wanting more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineBillDined on 5/28/2014Service was great and food was full of flavor. Service was great. Location was a block form our show, near time square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Great staff, wonderful atmosphere and great good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not good; food just averageLikegoodfoodDined on 5/24/2014The service was not good. We had a 6pm reservation on a Saturday evening. We had to wait about 10minutes until a table was cleared. After we were seated we waited more than 15 minutes and finally had to ask the hostess for menus. We then had to ask a waiter to take our order. We had tickets for an 8pm show nearby and told the hostess as well as the waiter. We ordered drinks and our dinner st the same time. We waited quite some time for our drinks, which were very tasty, thank goodness. The food was just ok, once we received it. The macaroni and cheese tasted like Kraft in a box. We asked for more corn muffins and never received them. I would return for drinks, but not for dinner.
- Fabulous place for pre/post theaterBabsDined on 5/24/2014Great place to dine before or after theater. Food was wonderful! Locations is convenient - would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.