B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (46)great for brunch (43)good for groups (35)romantic (35)great for lunch (33)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a solid choice for pre-theater dining. Food is scrumptious! Make sure you try the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Very Well DoneRocketDined on 8/22/2014Good food, great service and romantic ambiance. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Southern FoodExperimentalFOODIEDined on 8/15/2014The food was well made and delicious. It as if your southern Grandmother made the food. Everything was well seasoned and well prepared. If your into the traditional Southern meals. This is THE place to go. However their drinks were great!!Special Features:
- NYC teacherDelectableDining1Dined on 8/14/2014The food choices were great and the bread pudding was very good. The waiters were very attentive.Special Features:
- Not impressedredlion031Dined on 8/13/2014The food was just okay. I had the fried chicken and was not all that impressed.
- barely mediocrekikiDined on 8/12/2014I could have made every dish better at home. Except maybe the biscuits. Duck was seared with No notable seasonings. Just drizzled with balsamic reduction. Cold plantation hash and hard Brussels sprouts. totally bland
- DisappointedRiRiDined on 8/10/2014Nice ambience. Food was sub par. Fried green tomatoes were delish. My turkey hash was dry, bland and inedible. My daughter's banana foster pancakes were like lead weights. My sister's sweet potato pancakes were good except that two were burnt to black.
- B Smith's was a hit!lovetodineoutDined on 8/9/2014We were all pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, service and generous portions of food. Four people in my party ordered the lobster quiche and we all enjoyed it very much. The quiche had large chunks of very tender lobster and the quiche was very light and flavorful. Another friend ordered the crab croquette with southern potato salad and she loved it. We definitely will make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsLuv2goBackDined on 8/8/2014Heard of B Smith restaurant however had never been until 8/8/14; to celebrate my anniversary the waiter "Oscar" was excellent in suggesting wines and specific menu sides, we enjoyed the meal so much that we wanted to "say compliments to she chef" overall great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B. Smith's RestaurantNYNajiDined on 8/6/2014I enjoyed B. Smith's a great deal. My appetizer, the black-eyed pea soup, was different and quite good (and this is coming from someone who doesn't love beans). For my entrée I had the fried chicken, mac and cheese and collard greens. The chicken was downright delicious. It had a perfectly fried skin and the meat was juicy and had great flavor. The pepperjack mac was very good as well although I expected more cheese, but as it turns out, my friend got an additional order and it was freshly made, which made quite a difference. Hers had a great amount of melted cheese. The greens were ok too but I didn't have space for veggies because I had to wait for my 3 varieties of sorbet, which were delectable! Really wonderful overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant, the food was DELICIOUS, and I couldn't stop dancing or singing along to the R&B playing in the background. Our waiter was okay, but overall, he got the job done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Soul FoodSweeteatsDined on 8/5/2014The ambience and service was outstanding the food was only fair. The Fried Chicken was hard and unseasoned. The Crispy oysters was too exotic…simple seasoned salt and black pepper or cayenne would been awesome….and the pepper jack mac need to be a bit more solid…it reminded me of chef boy ardee mac from the can…with the runny cheese… Not so Spul foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer ambience, hot spot, romanticgoodfood2Dined on 8/3/2014I was there with my favorite guy. He couldn't stop talking about the best time he ever had. We had an awesome time. OMG, from the blackeye pea chowder, corn bread, mac n cheese, collard green, sweet potato salad(different but delicious) and the kick butt fried chicken and don't let me forget the bourbon bread pudding with vanilla ice cream MM good. The menu choses for restaurant week definitely 2 thumbs up. Thanks Open Table for being apart of another good food spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was greatNeondeonDined on 8/1/2014I visited this restaurant quite a few times before and loved it, but for some reason this time it was not that great. They have definitely fallen off. Once a vibrant space buzzing with people it was now down to a mediocre crowd. Not sure why. The menu also is very limited they were not too many options. I had the fried chicken, macaroni and collard greens it was very tasty, but nothing exceptional. Not sure if I would recommend this place to anyone going forward.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014our service was terrible. It was not crowded and we never saw our waiter after he took our order. Someone ordered coffee and the cup was dirty.
- We were rusheddsiconjDined on 7/29/2014We went to the restaurant during restaurant week and so we understood the limited choices, but we did not expect to be rushed, particularly seeing as there were not very many in the restaurant at the time anyway. My wife had not even finished her salad when they brought the entree.
- Wonderful experience!LoveditDined on 7/26/2014I was visiting New York for my birthday, and I am so glad for the B Smith's experience. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicealidav65Dined on 7/26/2014There were four of us for dinner on Saturday, July 26, 2014. It was wonderful! Three of us had chosen meals off the prix fixe menu and one did not. The portions were very generous for both options. This was my fourth time here and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What time is it?UnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Time for this restaurant to re-invent itself. The space and menu/food need 'newness'. It all felt old, and tired. 1990's it might have been cool then. The hostess wasn't nice. When we commented on the empty restaurant at 6:00 on a Friday, she quickly snapped at us that they're just opening. The food was boring, aesthetically unpleasing, not great. The waiter was friendly. Again, boring and bland and a unkind greeting at the door. When going to the Theater on a special Friday night, don't go to B Smith's for dinner. Underwhelmed - fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone); disappoint.
- Great food!avidfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I was here on Friday night for my mom's birthday. It was a perfect pre-show dinner. Great start to a great evening. Our waiter was very pleasant and conversational. My Mac and cheese was delicious, the blackened catfish was good but could have been seasoned better. OMG the bread pudding! All said, we enjoyed ourselves. Thanks B. Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerryDinerDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful Maiter'd who helped get me my dining points for this Great Theater District restaurant. Thank you and I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Bad Food and BAD SERVICEOrangeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014I took clients to a business Dinner here very Disappointing!!!I was seated right at the door, asked to be moved to a quiet part of the restaurant and she said its too dark on that end, so I cant be moved there, Even tho there were a total 4 guests there NO WARM CORN BREAD for us, they tasted like bad store bought stuff. The waiter was very Unhelpful , no interaction other than asking what we wanted, and did not return, we were not offered a wine list, did not even see it on the actual menu, cos he did not help us at all. the food was very BLAND and MEDIORCE at best. 2 people had Catfish which was a very expensive dish for such a small piece of fish. If you are trying to impress business guests in NYC DO NOT go to B Smiths's.
- B. Smith's has gone downhill!NomnomDined on 7/19/2014Unfortunately, it seems that B. Smith's has gone downhill. The rolls for the sliders were hard as a rock, the waiter brought us another round, and the buns came out grilled the second time and still hard. It was obvious they were trying to make old rolls passable. The cornbread and biscuits were stale as well. The Mac and Cheese was gritty. The onion rings were sponge like. We should have know something was wrong when we dined in a practically empty restaurant on a Saturday night in the summer.
- Good brunch before theatreJudyDined on 7/19/2014We wanted a nice place to eat before theatre. This fit the bill. Lovely restaurant, attentive service and good food. 3 course brunch was a good value.Special Features:
- Wonderful nite outBdaytreatDined on 7/17/2014Took my husband to see Motown the Musical we went to preshow dinner love everything especially the bread pudding he had a wonderful birthday treat!Special Features:
- Good for fast bite before a showFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The place was nice, service was fantastic, and food was good. It's not a 5 star restaurant. It's not a gourmet type of best NYC restaurant type of place, it's more of a casual, let's get a nice bite to eat before the play. So if that's what you're looking for, this place is good for you.
- Southern cooking-a bit differentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Easy access to the theater district. Interesting menu selection. Great fried green tomatoes; biscuits too were good. Mains were tasty but a bit disappointing. Very friendly, helpful wait staff. We were there on a Sunday eve...so not crowded at all and therefore very conversation friendly
- A bit disappointingamenDined on 7/12/2014I hadn't been to B.Smith's in about 15 years, I was disappointed in the menu as I remembered it as having more variety. The fried green tomatoes were a bit on the raw side, the mac & cheese was dry & tasteless, the pecan sweet potato pie was too too sweet & had a mushy crust. The collard greens & blackened cat fish were tasty. The martinis & cosmos were quite small.Special Features:
- Great food and ServiceletseatoutVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful diner here on Saturday, July 12th. Started with the fried green tomato appetizer...wish I could have had more. Then the shrimp and cheesy grits...absolutely delicious. For dessert we shared the bourbon street bread pudding. The server was very attentive and helpful with our choice. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- one disappointmentmykeDined on 7/11/2014All went well with our out-of-town friends visit. Except, I arrived early to inform the wait staff of birthdays for 3 of the friends and they wanted me to point them out discreetly upon arrival. I did. Nothing happened.Special Features:
- DisappointingBigeaterDined on 7/8/2014We had been here many years ago and were looking forward to going again with family. Sadly, the service was poor, the food was mediocre and the air conditioning made a constant and annoying squeak. The place is lovely and convenient but not sufficiently so to return. I was disappointed because I really wanted to love the experience.
- Nothing SpecialBrooklynBobVIPDined on 7/6/2014The servers are not polite to clients. While we were being seated, a waiter in a hurry pushed past us on his way to the kitchen. They certainly weren't attentive during our meal. The food was average. Shrimp and catfish sliders were very good, but everything else was just OK. With so many great restaurants in NY, you don't need this one.
- Yummy food & great serviceChasbo51Dined on 7/5/2014Lots to choose from. Have a look at the Happy Hour menu, too. Try the Oysters with the wasabi sauce...you won't be disappointed.Will, at the Bar, is a delight. A nice find and a great location for those heading to a show.Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 7/5/2014We went to B. Smith's after a show as an alternative to the steak and Italian restaurants in the area. I had high hopes but was very disappointed by the food. I had a seafood combo which tasteless at best. Not well seasoned. Not hot. My wife had chicken which was a little better. The surroundings were clean and roomy. The staff was pleasant. We definitely would not go back. Had hoped for much better.
- Love B. Smith's2Yummy2stopDined on 7/3/2014Took my hubby here for his birthday. We both enjoyed the food...everything from the appetizers (crab croquettes) to the dessert (bread pudding) were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisLM314Dined on 7/2/2014Disappointed. Planned a dinner with friends hoping that the experience and knowledge of B. Smith on shows would be enjoyable. Service was slow. Bartender was eating finger foods at the bar. Ugh.
- DurhamVIPDined on 7/2/2014We always have great food here: Southern cooking with a flair. This was no exception with especially great pulled pork sandwiches with interesting sweet potato salad and crunchy slaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Row GemJudyDined on 6/29/2014B. Smith never fails to delight. Had a wonderful brunch, especially enjoyed the unlimited Bellini's and Mimosa's! Great menu options for brunch or lunch on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdeedee123VIPDined on 6/25/2014The food and the service were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- A nice experienceVACATIONDined on 6/24/2014This was a very nice restaurant, however, I am not sure why OpenTable said there were no reservations available at the times I originally wanted when there were only 8-10 people in the whole place when I arrived. The food was good, but not hot, just warm. It seemed like it was prepared before ordered. We ordered the special which included an appetizer, entree and a desert for about $40, a good deal based on the rest of the menu priced. Mine was the catfish with greens, and whipped sweet potatoes. My wife had the chicken, greens and mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was a little gritty due to one of the cheeses used. The service was great! Location was close to the theaters and only a few blocks from 42nd street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.