B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (35)great for brunch (32)romantic (32)great for lunch (30)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- B. SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The Food was not as good as I was told it would be. The portions were small and the services was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Years have not been good to B SmithLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014I remember when this restaurant was a vibrant, fun, cool place. So, I took my friend's visiting daughter to dinner there because she craved "soul food." It was a big disappointment. Took a long time for the waiter to come over even though there were only two other small tables with guests and they had been served already. The menu was small and the steaks we both ordered were tough and fatty. I will not go back.
- Pre theatre dinnerGeordyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a luncheon at work so stuck to shared appetizers. Fried green tomatos were goo but not fantastic. Crispy curried oysters could have been a bit more crispy but properly oozy inside..probably hard to perfect esp. since we ordered then to be served same time as crab croquettes..which were a bit dry and could have used more sauce..the potato salad that came with them however was spot on delicious and a good size portion! It was first nite of Rosh Hashanah so not very busy..which made the slow service at the beginning a bit difficult to understand..but the server made up for it during the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRNJUSADined on 9/23/2014The environment was very good, and the service was terrific. The food, however, was mediocre.
- You call this serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Restaurant almost empty, told waiter we had theatre tickets - but still had to hunt him down every time. Most of diners enjoyed their food, but bad service ruined meal.
- Great Sunday BrunchdangergingermamaDined on 9/21/2014Fun place to meet friends before a Broadway matinee. Bloody Mary's were excellent and the food portions large and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperenceBillyDined on 9/20/2014Small but great food. Everyone was friendly and food is always good.Special Features:
- What a delightKimOVIPDined on 9/20/2014It may be on Restaurant Row, but it sure was different - none of that theater district feel, which to me feels like restaurants and their staff tired of doing the same old thing day after day. The space itself is lovely. The food was excellent. Our waiter was helpful about both the menu and the subway (NYC MTA seems to be doing track work everywhere.). We had a great dinner and will certainly be back next time we are in NY.Special Features:
- The serviceMightyRealDined on 9/20/2014We were there for my mother's birthday celebration so, we wanted to pop into this legendary spot before our 8p show. The server seemed like he didn't want to be there and left us hanging a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We had a party of eight that was broken into two tables and were put up in the alcove even though it was not crowded on a Saturday night. We were given a server in training, so I don't blame him, but definitely blame the management. Even though we were split into two tables, it might as well have been four since drinks, appetizers and entrees all arrived at different times. Having been to restaurant many times, I was surprised at how bad my experience was. I was somewhat embarrassed in that I had six other guests. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- thedeityDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent. I had the fried green tomatoes which I had never tasted before. They were terrific. The swamp thang was delicious. Service was pleasant but a little slow. The staff was courteous and the ambience was good. I would return and recommend B Smith tofriends.Special Features:
- Outstanding AmbianceDocADined on 9/17/2014This was a great experience. All the staff were extremely cordial and professional.Special Features:
- Absolutely Awful.BardlvrDined on 9/16/2014This was truly the worst dining experience I have had in Times Square during my 20 years of living in NYC.
- lovely brunchPatCDined on 9/13/2014Had a very nice pre-matinee brunch with fried green tomatoes and lobster quiche. The service was outstanding. I would return the next time I am in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty on a tuesday nite?dougVIPDined on 9/9/2014after a show - in the theater district - why were we the only people here? other restaurants were fairly full. we felt like there was something we didn't know. the food was OK, not great. i think these "old school" theater district places are being out-gamed by the younger, hipper, less formal, and more fun places all over hells kitchen.
- Nice after Play Location.MikeyDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is convenient to the Theater district and has a nice ambiance. The wait staff was the best. Attentive and personable with quick and efficient service. I had the blackened fish which was under seasoned and my wife had fried chicken that was good but I've tasted better. The bread pudding was outstanding and my wife's Ceasars salad was made with corn bread croutons which had a great flavor. Overall, a nice time.Special Features:
- In declineHopeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Doesn't live up to it's former reputation. Very few waiters - maybe only one that was serving us. He was efficient but overwhelmed Food arrived cool not hot. Not very tasty :(
- Good food and ambianceAchemaantjesDined on 9/4/2014Good food and Nice ambiance. Next time in NY, we will dome again.
- Disappointedpumpkin1Dined on 9/4/2014Based on reputation we were looking forward to a delicious meal. This was our first time at the restaurant and we found the food to be nothing special. We both had the fried chicken that was disappointing. We won't be going back.
- Great foodFitgrldinerDined on 8/31/2014So, the food here is great and the general vibe is quite nice. While the staff is friendly the food service is very weak. Water glasses were filled often so the guy that does that was on his game. Waiter took our order and basically disappeared. I wish they would fix this as it could be such a gem with a little better wait staff attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeKadineDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time at B Smith's. It was a great dining experience. The food was delicious - you will definitely eat everything on your plate. I will be going back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our time at B. Smith.FoodloverDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Would like it better if crab cakes were fried separately for people allergic to shell fish, one guest could not get anything fired because she is allergic to shell fish. This limited her selection. Other than that my out of town guests were quite pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Horrible. My banana foster pancake syrup had turned solid and the waiter agreed it was rock hard. Brought me a new order and it was pretty much the same after 8-10 minutes and my party had already finished eating. They were nice enough to not charge for it BUT refused to honor my gift voucher. I purchased a Gilt City voucher for brunch for $57 that expired in 2013 but the monetary value is good for 5 years. They said they do not participate with Gilt anymore and would not honor the value and for me to contact Gilt. Abysmal service explains why the restaurant was empty. (Gilt agreed they should have honored the value, but for my troubles gave me a refund)
- Always Wonderful!LIWriterGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a solid choice for pre-theater dining. Food is scrumptious! Make sure you try the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Very Well DoneRocketDined on 8/22/2014Good food, great service and romantic ambiance. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Southern FoodExperimentalFOODIEDined on 8/15/2014The food was well made and delicious. It as if your southern Grandmother made the food. Everything was well seasoned and well prepared. If your into the traditional Southern meals. This is THE place to go. However their drinks were great!!Special Features:
- NYC teacherDelectableDining1Dined on 8/14/2014The food choices were great and the bread pudding was very good. The waiters were very attentive.Special Features:
- Not impressedredlion031Dined on 8/13/2014The food was just okay. I had the fried chicken and was not all that impressed.
- barely mediocrekikiDined on 8/12/2014I could have made every dish better at home. Except maybe the biscuits. Duck was seared with No notable seasonings. Just drizzled with balsamic reduction. Cold plantation hash and hard Brussels sprouts. totally bland
- DisappointedRiRiDined on 8/10/2014Nice ambience. Food was sub par. Fried green tomatoes were delish. My turkey hash was dry, bland and inedible. My daughter's banana foster pancakes were like lead weights. My sister's sweet potato pancakes were good except that two were burnt to black.
- B Smith's was a hit!lovetodineoutDined on 8/9/2014We were all pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, service and generous portions of food. Four people in my party ordered the lobster quiche and we all enjoyed it very much. The quiche had large chunks of very tender lobster and the quiche was very light and flavorful. Another friend ordered the crab croquette with southern potato salad and she loved it. We definitely will make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsLuv2goBackDined on 8/8/2014Heard of B Smith restaurant however had never been until 8/8/14; to celebrate my anniversary the waiter "Oscar" was excellent in suggesting wines and specific menu sides, we enjoyed the meal so much that we wanted to "say compliments to she chef" overall great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B. Smith's RestaurantNYNajiDined on 8/6/2014I enjoyed B. Smith's a great deal. My appetizer, the black-eyed pea soup, was different and quite good (and this is coming from someone who doesn't love beans). For my entrée I had the fried chicken, mac and cheese and collard greens. The chicken was downright delicious. It had a perfectly fried skin and the meat was juicy and had great flavor. The pepperjack mac was very good as well although I expected more cheese, but as it turns out, my friend got an additional order and it was freshly made, which made quite a difference. Hers had a great amount of melted cheese. The greens were ok too but I didn't have space for veggies because I had to wait for my 3 varieties of sorbet, which were delectable! Really wonderful overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant, the food was DELICIOUS, and I couldn't stop dancing or singing along to the R&B playing in the background. Our waiter was okay, but overall, he got the job done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Soul FoodSweeteatsDined on 8/5/2014The ambience and service was outstanding the food was only fair. The Fried Chicken was hard and unseasoned. The Crispy oysters was too exotic…simple seasoned salt and black pepper or cayenne would been awesome….and the pepper jack mac need to be a bit more solid…it reminded me of chef boy ardee mac from the can…with the runny cheese… Not so Spul foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer ambience, hot spot, romanticgoodfood2Dined on 8/3/2014I was there with my favorite guy. He couldn't stop talking about the best time he ever had. We had an awesome time. OMG, from the blackeye pea chowder, corn bread, mac n cheese, collard green, sweet potato salad(different but delicious) and the kick butt fried chicken and don't let me forget the bourbon bread pudding with vanilla ice cream MM good. The menu choses for restaurant week definitely 2 thumbs up. Thanks Open Table for being apart of another good food spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was greatNeondeonDined on 8/1/2014I visited this restaurant quite a few times before and loved it, but for some reason this time it was not that great. They have definitely fallen off. Once a vibrant space buzzing with people it was now down to a mediocre crowd. Not sure why. The menu also is very limited they were not too many options. I had the fried chicken, macaroni and collard greens it was very tasty, but nothing exceptional. Not sure if I would recommend this place to anyone going forward.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014our service was terrible. It was not crowded and we never saw our waiter after he took our order. Someone ordered coffee and the cup was dirty.
- We were rusheddsiconjDined on 7/29/2014We went to the restaurant during restaurant week and so we understood the limited choices, but we did not expect to be rushed, particularly seeing as there were not very many in the restaurant at the time anyway. My wife had not even finished her salad when they brought the entree.
- Wonderful experience!LoveditDined on 7/26/2014I was visiting New York for my birthday, and I am so glad for the B Smith's experience. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.