B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (33)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (21)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Washington DC restaurant was really good. This one was disappointing.
- shrimp sensationBlancheVIPDined on 10/18/2014i had the shrimp and grits and walked away wanting more. Portions are huge. And the flavors linger! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Night on the town with my daughterLuvNYrestaurantsDined on 10/15/2014B. Smith a bit hungry after a Broadway Show. However, a little doubtful of eating here based on some of the reviews. I decided to take a leap out on faith and go with my own intuition. Wow! The food was awesome! The portions were good for the price and the ambience was a nice, cozy family feeling with good service and I was happy B. Smith accepted the restaurant.com coupon, making the cost very reasonable! I have to say, I am glad I followed my own intuition. Great night overall in New York City. I will definitely dine at this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageWinkerDined on 10/14/2014We had reservations for 5 pm (before a play). When we got there the entire restaurant was empty! We never had a feeling for the ambiance, as there was nobody else there to share the dining experience. While the food was good, it was nothing outstanding for Southern US fare (we've traveled down there with some locals from Louisiana, and they do have excellent food in the area!) We only saw the waiter for the order and receiving the bill - everything else was left to the bus boy. We were done the entire dinner in less than 35 minutes. And another 25 minutes to receive the bill and pay for it. Was a disappointment from our expectations of a restaurant serving the Broadway play scene.
- Great, eloquent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Whenever I have a special occasion, I have dinner at B. Smith's. I love everything about the restaurant. Prior to my last time dining there, B.Smith herself came over to my table and introduced herself...classy! I will be back, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy but not happyMello70Dined on 10/11/2014The service needs work on when the waiter has a party of 25 to 30 people and also attending other tables walk pass your table with your drinks and goes to another table to service them but comes back to you after servicing them with your drinks.I do not appreciate my drinks all around the restaurant and but in front of me.I thought the portion would have been bigger but i enjoyed my meal.Loved the fried green tomatoes. The blackened catfish was tasty with the greens and sweet potatoes. ..The drinks need a little work on..... was not happy with the mac and cheese and the chicken need seasoning and watery.....and the bread pudding didn't like it neither. ...all of the negative words i will come back. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is my 3rd time here...love the ambiance. ..drinks...service...10 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to restaurant list!HMPruneDined on 10/5/2014Brunch was served promptly, food was excellent and atmosphere was charming.Special Features:
- Looks very NiceLadyJDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time a B Smith, however the food portions for the price could have been better. Myself and my guest were celebrating a Birthday. We both ordered the same thing catfish Mac & cheese and collards. The Mac was reminiscent of boxed macaroni and the fish size was very small. We were told 6oz was what they used but mine was maybe 4oz of fish. But the manager did compensate me with another 4oz piece. This was my second time here and that time we found the chicken to be very salty... Would be very slow to recommend this restaurant, I must add.
- We'll be back!mbb4567Dined on 10/2/2014The food and the wait staff combined to make this an exceedingly pleasant evening. Our family was treated graciously and with over-the-top hospitality. That, plus the delicious quality of the food, will cause us to return as frequently as we can. Great place!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater diningDancingqueenDined on 10/1/2014Good comfort food. It is our "go to" restaurant for pre-theater dining. The wait staff is friendly and always gets us out in time for our curtain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableStannieDined on 9/28/2014B Smiths is a well known spot in restaurant row and a worthwhile stop. Good southern cooking and creative specials.Special Features:
- B. SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The Food was not as good as I was told it would be. The portions were small and the services was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Years have not been good to B SmithLuv2eatVIPDined on 9/26/2014I remember when this restaurant was a vibrant, fun, cool place. So, I took my friend's visiting daughter to dinner there because she craved "soul food." It was a big disappointment. Took a long time for the waiter to come over even though there were only two other small tables with guests and they had been served already. The menu was small and the steaks we both ordered were tough and fatty. I will not go back.
- Pre theatre dinnerGeordyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a luncheon at work so stuck to shared appetizers. Fried green tomatos were goo but not fantastic. Crispy curried oysters could have been a bit more crispy but properly oozy inside..probably hard to perfect esp. since we ordered then to be served same time as crab croquettes..which were a bit dry and could have used more sauce..the potato salad that came with them however was spot on delicious and a good size portion! It was first nite of Rosh Hashanah so not very busy..which made the slow service at the beginning a bit difficult to understand..but the server made up for it during the rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CRNJUSADined on 9/23/2014The environment was very good, and the service was terrific. The food, however, was mediocre.
- You call this serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Restaurant almost empty, told waiter we had theatre tickets - but still had to hunt him down every time. Most of diners enjoyed their food, but bad service ruined meal.
- Great Sunday BrunchdangergingermamaDined on 9/21/2014Fun place to meet friends before a Broadway matinee. Bloody Mary's were excellent and the food portions large and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperenceBillyDined on 9/20/2014Small but great food. Everyone was friendly and food is always good.Special Features:
- What a delightKimOVIPDined on 9/20/2014It may be on Restaurant Row, but it sure was different - none of that theater district feel, which to me feels like restaurants and their staff tired of doing the same old thing day after day. The space itself is lovely. The food was excellent. Our waiter was helpful about both the menu and the subway (NYC MTA seems to be doing track work everywhere.). We had a great dinner and will certainly be back next time we are in NY.Special Features:
- The serviceMightyRealDined on 9/20/2014We were there for my mother's birthday celebration so, we wanted to pop into this legendary spot before our 8p show. The server seemed like he didn't want to be there and left us hanging a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleDiner101Dined on 9/20/2014We had a party of eight that was broken into two tables and were put up in the alcove even though it was not crowded on a Saturday night. We were given a server in training, so I don't blame him, but definitely blame the management. Even though we were split into two tables, it might as well have been four since drinks, appetizers and entrees all arrived at different times. Having been to restaurant many times, I was surprised at how bad my experience was. I was somewhat embarrassed in that I had six other guests. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- thedeityDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent. I had the fried green tomatoes which I had never tasted before. They were terrific. The swamp thang was delicious. Service was pleasant but a little slow. The staff was courteous and the ambience was good. I would return and recommend B Smith tofriends.Special Features:
- Outstanding AmbianceDocADined on 9/17/2014This was a great experience. All the staff were extremely cordial and professional.Special Features:
- Absolutely Awful.BardlvrDined on 9/16/2014This was truly the worst dining experience I have had in Times Square during my 20 years of living in NYC.
- lovely brunchPatCDined on 9/13/2014Had a very nice pre-matinee brunch with fried green tomatoes and lobster quiche. The service was outstanding. I would return the next time I am in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty on a tuesday nite?dougVIPDined on 9/9/2014after a show - in the theater district - why were we the only people here? other restaurants were fairly full. we felt like there was something we didn't know. the food was OK, not great. i think these "old school" theater district places are being out-gamed by the younger, hipper, less formal, and more fun places all over hells kitchen.
- Nice after Play Location.MikeyDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is convenient to the Theater district and has a nice ambiance. The wait staff was the best. Attentive and personable with quick and efficient service. I had the blackened fish which was under seasoned and my wife had fried chicken that was good but I've tasted better. The bread pudding was outstanding and my wife's Ceasars salad was made with corn bread croutons which had a great flavor. Overall, a nice time.Special Features:
- In declineHopeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Doesn't live up to it's former reputation. Very few waiters - maybe only one that was serving us. He was efficient but overwhelmed Food arrived cool not hot. Not very tasty :(
- Good food and ambianceAchemaantjesDined on 9/4/2014Good food and Nice ambiance. Next time in NY, we will dome again.
- Disappointedpumpkin1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Based on reputation we were looking forward to a delicious meal. This was our first time at the restaurant and we found the food to be nothing special. We both had the fried chicken that was disappointing. We won't be going back.
- Great foodFitgrldinerDined on 8/31/2014So, the food here is great and the general vibe is quite nice. While the staff is friendly the food service is very weak. Water glasses were filled often so the guy that does that was on his game. Waiter took our order and basically disappeared. I wish they would fix this as it could be such a gem with a little better wait staff attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeKadineDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time at B Smith's. It was a great dining experience. The food was delicious - you will definitely eat everything on your plate. I will be going back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our time at B. Smith.FoodloverDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Would like it better if crab cakes were fried separately for people allergic to shell fish, one guest could not get anything fired because she is allergic to shell fish. This limited her selection. Other than that my out of town guests were quite pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Horrible. My banana foster pancake syrup had turned solid and the waiter agreed it was rock hard. Brought me a new order and it was pretty much the same after 8-10 minutes and my party had already finished eating. They were nice enough to not charge for it BUT refused to honor my gift voucher. I purchased a Gilt City voucher for brunch for $57 that expired in 2013 but the monetary value is good for 5 years. They said they do not participate with Gilt anymore and would not honor the value and for me to contact Gilt. Abysmal service explains why the restaurant was empty. (Gilt agreed they should have honored the value, but for my troubles gave me a refund)
- Always Wonderful!LIWriterGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a solid choice for pre-theater dining. Food is scrumptious! Make sure you try the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Very Well DoneRocketDined on 8/22/2014Good food, great service and romantic ambiance. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Southern FoodExperimentalFOODIEDined on 8/15/2014The food was well made and delicious. It as if your southern Grandmother made the food. Everything was well seasoned and well prepared. If your into the traditional Southern meals. This is THE place to go. However their drinks were great!!Special Features:
- NYC teacherDelectableDining1Dined on 8/14/2014The food choices were great and the bread pudding was very good. The waiters were very attentive.Special Features:
- Not impressedredlion031Dined on 8/13/2014The food was just okay. I had the fried chicken and was not all that impressed.