B. Smith's Restaurant Row
320 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
B. Smith's Restaurant Row
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bsmith.com/
- Phone: 2123151100x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:30am - 10pm, Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Fusion / Eclectic, Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter Hinds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: B. Smiths Restaurant Row can accommodate from 20-185 seated, up to 250 for a cocktail party.
A word from B. Smith's Restaurant Row
American with Southern influencesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Smith's Restaurant Row reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (37)great for brunch (35)romantic (32)good for groups (31)great for lunch (30)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- thedeityDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent. I had the fried green tomatoes which I had never tasted before. They were terrific. The swamp thang was delicious. Service was pleasant but a little slow. The staff was courteous and the ambience was good. I would return and recommend B Smith tofriends.Special Features:
- Outstanding AmbianceDocADined on 9/17/2014This was a great experience. All the staff were extremely cordial and professional.Special Features:
- Absolutely Awful.BardlvrDined on 9/16/2014This was truly the worst dining experience I have had in Times Square during my 20 years of living in NYC.
- lovely brunchPatCDined on 9/13/2014Had a very nice pre-matinee brunch with fried green tomatoes and lobster quiche. The service was outstanding. I would return the next time I am in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty on a tuesday nite?dougVIPDined on 9/9/2014after a show - in the theater district - why were we the only people here? other restaurants were fairly full. we felt like there was something we didn't know. the food was OK, not great. i think these "old school" theater district places are being out-gamed by the younger, hipper, less formal, and more fun places all over hells kitchen.
- Nice after Play Location.MikeyDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is convenient to the Theater district and has a nice ambiance. The wait staff was the best. Attentive and personable with quick and efficient service. I had the blackened fish which was under seasoned and my wife had fried chicken that was good but I've tasted better. The bread pudding was outstanding and my wife's Ceasars salad was made with corn bread croutons which had a great flavor. Overall, a nice time.Special Features:
- In declineHopeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Doesn't live up to it's former reputation. Very few waiters - maybe only one that was serving us. He was efficient but overwhelmed Food arrived cool not hot. Not very tasty :(
- Good food and ambianceAchemaantjesDined on 9/4/2014Good food and Nice ambiance. Next time in NY, we will dome again.
- Disappointedpumpkin1Dined on 9/4/2014Based on reputation we were looking forward to a delicious meal. This was our first time at the restaurant and we found the food to be nothing special. We both had the fried chicken that was disappointing. We won't be going back.
- Great foodFitgrldinerDined on 8/31/2014So, the food here is great and the general vibe is quite nice. While the staff is friendly the food service is very weak. Water glasses were filled often so the guy that does that was on his game. Waiter took our order and basically disappeared. I wish they would fix this as it could be such a gem with a little better wait staff attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeKadineDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time at B Smith's. It was a great dining experience. The food was delicious - you will definitely eat everything on your plate. I will be going back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our time at B. Smith.FoodloverDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Would like it better if crab cakes were fried separately for people allergic to shell fish, one guest could not get anything fired because she is allergic to shell fish. This limited her selection. Other than that my out of town guests were quite pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Horrible. My banana foster pancake syrup had turned solid and the waiter agreed it was rock hard. Brought me a new order and it was pretty much the same after 8-10 minutes and my party had already finished eating. They were nice enough to not charge for it BUT refused to honor my gift voucher. I purchased a Gilt City voucher for brunch for $57 that expired in 2013 but the monetary value is good for 5 years. They said they do not participate with Gilt anymore and would not honor the value and for me to contact Gilt. Abysmal service explains why the restaurant was empty. (Gilt agreed they should have honored the value, but for my troubles gave me a refund)
- Always Wonderful!LIWriterGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a solid choice for pre-theater dining. Food is scrumptious! Make sure you try the Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Very Well DoneRocketDined on 8/22/2014Good food, great service and romantic ambiance. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Southern FoodExperimentalFOODIEDined on 8/15/2014The food was well made and delicious. It as if your southern Grandmother made the food. Everything was well seasoned and well prepared. If your into the traditional Southern meals. This is THE place to go. However their drinks were great!!Special Features:
- NYC teacherDelectableDining1Dined on 8/14/2014The food choices were great and the bread pudding was very good. The waiters were very attentive.Special Features:
- Not impressedredlion031Dined on 8/13/2014The food was just okay. I had the fried chicken and was not all that impressed.
- barely mediocrekikiDined on 8/12/2014I could have made every dish better at home. Except maybe the biscuits. Duck was seared with No notable seasonings. Just drizzled with balsamic reduction. Cold plantation hash and hard Brussels sprouts. totally bland
- DisappointedRiRiDined on 8/10/2014Nice ambience. Food was sub par. Fried green tomatoes were delish. My turkey hash was dry, bland and inedible. My daughter's banana foster pancakes were like lead weights. My sister's sweet potato pancakes were good except that two were burnt to black.
- B Smith's was a hit!lovetodineoutDined on 8/9/2014We were all pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, service and generous portions of food. Four people in my party ordered the lobster quiche and we all enjoyed it very much. The quiche had large chunks of very tender lobster and the quiche was very light and flavorful. Another friend ordered the crab croquette with southern potato salad and she loved it. We definitely will make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsLuv2goBackDined on 8/8/2014Heard of B Smith restaurant however had never been until 8/8/14; to celebrate my anniversary the waiter "Oscar" was excellent in suggesting wines and specific menu sides, we enjoyed the meal so much that we wanted to "say compliments to she chef" overall great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B. Smith's RestaurantNYNajiDined on 8/6/2014I enjoyed B. Smith's a great deal. My appetizer, the black-eyed pea soup, was different and quite good (and this is coming from someone who doesn't love beans). For my entrée I had the fried chicken, mac and cheese and collard greens. The chicken was downright delicious. It had a perfectly fried skin and the meat was juicy and had great flavor. The pepperjack mac was very good as well although I expected more cheese, but as it turns out, my friend got an additional order and it was freshly made, which made quite a difference. Hers had a great amount of melted cheese. The greens were ok too but I didn't have space for veggies because I had to wait for my 3 varieties of sorbet, which were delectable! Really wonderful overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant, the food was DELICIOUS, and I couldn't stop dancing or singing along to the R&B playing in the background. Our waiter was okay, but overall, he got the job done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Soul FoodSweeteatsDined on 8/5/2014The ambience and service was outstanding the food was only fair. The Fried Chicken was hard and unseasoned. The Crispy oysters was too exotic…simple seasoned salt and black pepper or cayenne would been awesome….and the pepper jack mac need to be a bit more solid…it reminded me of chef boy ardee mac from the can…with the runny cheese… Not so Spul foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheer ambience, hot spot, romanticgoodfood2Dined on 8/3/2014I was there with my favorite guy. He couldn't stop talking about the best time he ever had. We had an awesome time. OMG, from the blackeye pea chowder, corn bread, mac n cheese, collard green, sweet potato salad(different but delicious) and the kick butt fried chicken and don't let me forget the bourbon bread pudding with vanilla ice cream MM good. The menu choses for restaurant week definitely 2 thumbs up. Thanks Open Table for being apart of another good food spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was greatNeondeonDined on 8/1/2014I visited this restaurant quite a few times before and loved it, but for some reason this time it was not that great. They have definitely fallen off. Once a vibrant space buzzing with people it was now down to a mediocre crowd. Not sure why. The menu also is very limited they were not too many options. I had the fried chicken, macaroni and collard greens it was very tasty, but nothing exceptional. Not sure if I would recommend this place to anyone going forward.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014our service was terrible. It was not crowded and we never saw our waiter after he took our order. Someone ordered coffee and the cup was dirty.
- We were rusheddsiconjDined on 7/29/2014We went to the restaurant during restaurant week and so we understood the limited choices, but we did not expect to be rushed, particularly seeing as there were not very many in the restaurant at the time anyway. My wife had not even finished her salad when they brought the entree.
- Wonderful experience!LoveditDined on 7/26/2014I was visiting New York for my birthday, and I am so glad for the B Smith's experience. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicealidav65Dined on 7/26/2014There were four of us for dinner on Saturday, July 26, 2014. It was wonderful! Three of us had chosen meals off the prix fixe menu and one did not. The portions were very generous for both options. This was my fourth time here and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What time is it?UnderwhelmedDined on 7/25/2014Time for this restaurant to re-invent itself. The space and menu/food need 'newness'. It all felt old, and tired. 1990's it might have been cool then. The hostess wasn't nice. When we commented on the empty restaurant at 6:00 on a Friday, she quickly snapped at us that they're just opening. The food was boring, aesthetically unpleasing, not great. The waiter was friendly. Again, boring and bland and a unkind greeting at the door. When going to the Theater on a special Friday night, don't go to B Smith's for dinner. Underwhelmed - fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone); disappoint.
- Great food!avidfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I was here on Friday night for my mom's birthday. It was a perfect pre-show dinner. Great start to a great evening. Our waiter was very pleasant and conversational. My Mac and cheese was delicious, the blackened catfish was good but could have been seasoned better. OMG the bread pudding! All said, we enjoyed ourselves. Thanks B. Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerryDinerDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful Maiter'd who helped get me my dining points for this Great Theater District restaurant. Thank you and I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Bad Food and BAD SERVICEOrangeFoodieDined on 7/22/2014I took clients to a business Dinner here very Disappointing!!!I was seated right at the door, asked to be moved to a quiet part of the restaurant and she said its too dark on that end, so I cant be moved there, Even tho there were a total 4 guests there NO WARM CORN BREAD for us, they tasted like bad store bought stuff. The waiter was very Unhelpful , no interaction other than asking what we wanted, and did not return, we were not offered a wine list, did not even see it on the actual menu, cos he did not help us at all. the food was very BLAND and MEDIORCE at best. 2 people had Catfish which was a very expensive dish for such a small piece of fish. If you are trying to impress business guests in NYC DO NOT go to B Smiths's.
- B. Smith's has gone downhill!NomnomDined on 7/19/2014Unfortunately, it seems that B. Smith's has gone downhill. The rolls for the sliders were hard as a rock, the waiter brought us another round, and the buns came out grilled the second time and still hard. It was obvious they were trying to make old rolls passable. The cornbread and biscuits were stale as well. The Mac and Cheese was gritty. The onion rings were sponge like. We should have know something was wrong when we dined in a practically empty restaurant on a Saturday night in the summer.
- Good brunch before theatreJudyDined on 7/19/2014We wanted a nice place to eat before theatre. This fit the bill. Lovely restaurant, attentive service and good food. 3 course brunch was a good value.Special Features:
- Wonderful nite outBdaytreatDined on 7/17/2014Took my husband to see Motown the Musical we went to preshow dinner love everything especially the bread pudding he had a wonderful birthday treat!Special Features:
- Good for fast bite before a showFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The place was nice, service was fantastic, and food was good. It's not a 5 star restaurant. It's not a gourmet type of best NYC restaurant type of place, it's more of a casual, let's get a nice bite to eat before the play. So if that's what you're looking for, this place is good for you.
- Southern cooking-a bit differentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Easy access to the theater district. Interesting menu selection. Great fried green tomatoes; biscuits too were good. Mains were tasty but a bit disappointing. Very friendly, helpful wait staff. We were there on a Sunday eve...so not crowded at all and therefore very conversation friendly