325 E Bay St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bmatthewseatery.com/
- Phone: 9122331319
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Crumpton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for any and all needs and budgets.
A word from B. Matthew’s
Recognized as "Best Chef", "Best Lunch" and "Best Breakfast", we are located on the corner of Bay St. and Habersham offering full service breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Come enjoy the ambiance created by ship parts used to build our building in 1790. We have some of the oldest bar fixtures in the Southeast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Matthew’s reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrific spotPamelaDined on 9/22/2013B Matthews was a great place for brunch! I was so greatful for Open Table. I made my reservations the night before, and was glad that I did, because it was very crowded when we arrived. Thank goodness for Open Table!Special Features:
- Fabulous BrunchkingmeVIPDined on 9/21/2013Brought out of town visitors here and we had a great lunch. Every meal was delicious, and the brunch cocktails were great too. Would definitely recommend it and will be returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite nicePALocalVIPDined on 9/20/2013Casual, nicely prepared food, excellent music and overall a very enjoyable dinner. Tables are cozy, though, and it would have been better if the restaurant provided large serving utensils so that starts could be shared more easily.Special Features:
- Simply goodPinknurse2008Dined on 9/15/2013This was my second time visiting this establishment. The food is really great and quick. The chicken salad sandwich was fresh and very good. My hubby had the ham and cheese omelet and it was quite tasty. Please make sure to go If you are in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backwinenotDined on 9/14/2013We were greeted like old friends and treated like special guests throughout the dining experience. We had the scallops and the blackened mahi and would recommend both. Presentation was gourmet. Our waiter was there when needed without hovering. He even helped with our later plans at our request. This will be a regular stop when we are in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday's pleasure091213Dined on 9/12/2013Casual dining that is convenient to the river front. The lamb shank was melt off the bone delicious. Sadly no bread with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLAfoodiesDined on 9/8/2013Service was very good for during our brunch, the hostess stopped by to make sure that were being serviced and this very appreciated. We had made reservations and were seated very quickly. Our server balanced his very busy section leaving no one unattended. My wife had Crab Benedict and I had the Crab Omelet, both which were delicious. We will back to try both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky little brunch spotReviewerVIPDined on 9/3/2013We were a large group and this was the perfect spot for a girls weekend brunch. The menu is filled with their take on familiar favorites and the drinks are great as well - we all had bloody marys and mimosas and they were all very good! The place has a hipster vibe and the inside of the building itself is very charming. I would definitely return next time I'm in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2013Always consistent, B Mathews is our favorite place for a relaxed brunch. Having enjoyed their menu several times before we gravitate to the known rather than experimenting with another restaurant. The service is always great even at their busiest times. The food is great- never disappoints. We are local residents and recommend them to tourists and out out of town visitors without any hesitation.Special Features:
- We went for brunch on SundayCID02Dined on 9/1/2013We went for brunch on Sunday during a girls weekend. Everyone had great food. There were many options to choose from. The only thing we didn't like was that alcohol couldn't be served until 1230. Thank goodness we had changed our reservation time from 1015 to 1215 or else we would not have been able to enjoy their mimosas and bloody Marys.Special Features:
- Dinner and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2013A great place only a block from our hotel. The food was very good with the best part being they let us share dishes. We had a crabmeat appetizer, the grilled Caesar salad and the fish of the day. We were quite full and no leftovers! The added surprise part of the night was a trio of musicians that were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulYummyDined on 8/31/2013We really enjoyed our food and the staff was great. Would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys great food and funSpecial Features:
- Met friends in Savannah tokdbrnDined on 8/24/2013Met friends in Savannah to celebrate my 40th birthday here. I've spent many nights in Savannah knew the type restaurant I didn't want (tourist trap, a dripping Southern or beach theme, overpriced kitchie decor). This was fresh, delicious food; attentive staff, nice ambiance. They even had the pianist sing Happy Birthday to me & provided a wonderful complimentary dessert! Strip steak was great (and I'm a steakophile), pomegranite ginger martini was delicious, won ton crisps were dvine. Great new find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Breakfast in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013We dine here often and I have begun a quest to try every item on the breakfast menu....I'm well on my way. During this visit I tried the breakfast ham sandwich....awesome. We love the location and the decor. The staff is always top notch. On this particular visit we were hosting another couple and there was a slight misunderstanding about the check......each of us thought the other had paid (embarrassing)! The server handled it VERY well. She was discreet and professional, while making sure the check was paid. Kudos to her. We'll be back, of course. Wonder what I'll try next time? I can't wait.Special Features:
- Food for everyone!Granny10VIPDined on 8/20/2013This downtown gem of a restaurant has so many choices and delicious ones! We took our vegetarian cousins there for dinner this week. One had fried green tomatoes, one chose salmon, another had shrimp risotto while I had my very favorite...black eye pea burger( a southern style veggie burger) and my companion has a gorgeous lamb shank. They offered a half price Pinot Grigio or Malbec on that Tuesday . There were two party's of 10 each who looked like visitors to our charming city. If you are visiting or live here like we do...this is a great choice. Our waitperson was Jen and she was just who you want as everything came the way it was ordered with a smile.Special Features:
- Best brunch in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/18/2013Sunday brunch at B. Matthews is the best around! Food is terrific and reasonably priced. The bloody Mary's are outstanding. (you have to wait until after 12:30 on Sunday to be served alcohol). Make reservations in advance on Opentable...there is always a line to get in.Special Features:
- Prompt service good foodBarryDined on 8/18/2013We went for brunch and were not disappointed. Crab patty eggs benny and apple chutney waffles are recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast in Savannahnyg20Dined on 8/17/2013We went to B.Matthew's based on online reviews. It was a Saturday morning breakfast. My only disappointment was the shortage of "breakfast" items on the weekend brunch menu. I settled for the basic breakfast and it was great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013We loved our Sunday brunch at B Matthew's and the staff was very gracious and accomodating. This was some of the best food we have had anywhere. We were served promptly also! I have already shared this place with people who are going to Savannah this week.Special Features:
- Not a leisurely brunchhungrytouristDined on 8/11/2013We had reservations for brunch at 12. I was hoping for nice relaxing brunch but apparently this is not the place. They want to get you in and out fast. The waitress was not very helpful. She took our order and disappeared until the end of the meal. I would go back for the food but not for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteShawnaDined on 8/4/2013Friends and I took our (soon-to-be) annual trip to Savannah and stayed next door to B. Matthews, so we went there initially because of convenience. Then, we went there because of love! Some of us ate 3 consecutive meals there! The food was amazing! The atmosphere was great. I loved the boutique aspect of this eatery, and I loved the gourmet low-country cuisine. A group of six, there were two vegetarians in the mix, but B. Matthews had several options for veg-heads (sometimes hard to find in the South). The service was so friendly we felt that we'd known our waitress, Janelle, for years, and she was most definitely part of our coming back. Now, B. Matthews is on our "must-have" list when we visit Savannah eateries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as wonderful on thisNellDined on 7/27/2013Just as wonderful on this repeat visit! Thanks for a delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B.MatthewsSavanaFudiDined on 7/21/2013I went for Sunday brunch and I had a wonderful experience. It was busy, but with my reservation I was seated within 5 minutes of arrival. The serving staff was attentive; however, I felt my server could have been a bit more engaging and interested in his job. The food came in a timely fashion and was Delicious! The menu was extensive and had so many unique options to choose from. That was my second time at B. Matthews and I will definitely continue to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2013Our table was waiting for us when we arrived at our reservation time despite several people waiting who had not made a reservation. Reservations are a must for Sunday brunch! And when you hear brunch don't mistake that for a brunch buffet; this brunch is straight off the menu with many nice choices. The food was really good although everything on my Eggs Benedict was cold except for the eggs. The English muffin seemed homemade and was delicious. The service was a little slow and inattentive, but the waitress was very pleasant. The restaurant is in one of the oldest taverns in Savannah with the original bar still intactt; it's a very interesting step back in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Atmosphere and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013I've been to B. Matthew's twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The lunch crowd was full of locals, a great sign in a tourist town. The sandwiches were outstanding: my husband had the pulled pork, loaded high with cole slaw on a buttered and toasted kaiser bun. I had the fried green tomatoes sandwich, which had goat cheese and pesto--to die for. The best food at lunch was the dessert: I had an "ice cream sandwich," which was actually two warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies the size of your palm with delicious vanilla ice cream wedged in between. At both lunch and dinner, the service was attentive and friendly without being at all overbearing. At dinner, the cocktails were just average--maybe even a bit watered-down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was excellent. was atybeelewVIPDined on 7/18/2013food was excellent. was a bit noisy but it was busy and they did have a combo! great place. one of our regular spots!Special Features:
- ExcellentSuperDined on 7/18/2013Exceptional food. Wonderful service. Great music. Just a great place with great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In my opinion, you do notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2013In my opinion, you do not get what you pay for here. Maybe they were just having an off night, but my wife's steak was dry and overcooked, and my lamb lacked flavor.
- Great Find in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2013Great service, good food. Live music a nice touch for end of day wind down in intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food for a good price!loveyummyfoodDined on 7/7/2013I have been to B. Matthews two times now and I will definitely be going back. The food is so yummy and the prices are very competitive. The staff is always very nice and the atmosphere is nice. They are always pretty busy so I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:
- Unique brunch offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2013Took a friend visiting from up north here on her last day in town, topping off her trip with some fried duck and waffles and fried green tomato eggs benedict. Perfectly crafted southern food with a twist; plus, we took our brunch cocktails to go. Can't beat that! (Fair warning if you go for Sunday brunch, though: it gets packed, so definitely make a reservation; and alcohol isn't served until 12:30pm.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timejasonVIPDined on 7/5/2013enjoyed everything about this place and recommend it highly. The bacon wrapped grouper was perfectly cooked. All the entrees were very good and the service was excellent Best place in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Was A CharmMichaelPDined on 7/4/2013This was our first visit to B Matthews and were we impressed! Every aspect of our dining experience was outstanding. The service was on point and every course we ate was prepared to perfection. I would recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRoadwarriorVIPDined on 7/4/2013Food was awesome. Great service. Reasonable priced. Good variety in food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch.StephenT1Dined on 6/29/2013We have had dined here many times in the past and each experience has been wonderful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013We are locals who choose B.Matthews several times each month. The menu is great, service is always phenomenal, and we are always treated special. We especially love the Sunday brunch. My favorites are the salads.Special Features:
- All four of us had uniqueImafoodieDined on 6/22/2013All four of us had unique and different dinners. They were all delicious. The service was excellent and the wine list was supurb. The Shrimp and Grits and the risotto were unlike any we had anywhere else and we loved them. We don't get to Savannah often, but when we do, we always have a dinner at B. Mathews. We liked the remodeling also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013My husband and I ended our weekend with brunch at b. Matthews. It is a great little spot to enjoy a not so ordinary brunch. My husband enjoyed fried duck and waffles and I had fried green tomatoes Benedict . Both were yummy!Special Features:
- Picked this place during ajdcsdDined on 6/20/2013Picked this place during a trip to Savannah with my wife to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Service started a bit slow but then was very attentive the remainder of our visit (once we ordered drinks and appetizers). Food was very good. We had appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. Everything was very high quality--normally there is at least one course that I can find something to criticize, but not here. Overall, very good. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchTable4ForeDined on 6/16/2013I eat at B. Mathews every time I come to Savannah. They have always been consistent in quality food and service. A peek at their menu always had interesting food combinations that fuse old and new Southern cooking. We were there for brunch. Morning cocktails, a bloody mary and B. Mathews Bellini were both flavorful. We all got a different version of eggs benedict. Everything tasted great. The only negative is that all the eggs were slightly over-poached.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.