B. Christophers - Burlington
2461 South Church Street
Burlington, NC 27215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
B. Christophers - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bchristophers.com/index.php
- Phone: 3362221177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar Open Monday - Saturday 5:00pm -until close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eric Russell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for details.
A word from B. Christophers - Burlington
B. Christopher's, the Classic American Restaurant, offering USDA wet-aged beef, always fresh seafood, and innovative cocktails. Our award-winning wine list also features over 30 wines by the glass. This Ben Russell-designed space showcases his signature architectural details, warm color tones, and beautifully appointed private dining rooms. This neighborhood restaurant is perfect for hosting business clients, special occasions, or a relaxing evening with family or friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B. Christophers - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great local spotJohnDined on 11/16/2013The food and atmosphere were great and the service was outstanding. The filet was so incredibly flavorful it stood on its own and did not need any of the delicious sauces that B Christophers offers. I could not have been happier to give my business to a local restaurant that also supports the local farmers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would def go back againMimiDined on 11/8/2013The service was great and the food while a little pricey was excellent. We had the chateaubriand for 2 and it was done just right! It was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the Best !!!DonCDined on 11/2/2013Long established quality establishment. Super chief!, Reported to be relocating to Greensboro in January 2014.Special Features:
- Hate to see them goGrocerDined on 10/18/2013Great restaurant. So few elegant locales in Burlington, we hate to see them leave for the "big city."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbkalexDined on 10/18/2013This was a special occasion birthday! Great food, the steak was grilled to perfection and the portabella dish was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and suitably impressed2jamestownersDined on 10/1/2013Dinner here was a wonderful dining experience. We typically have lunch out two or three times a week so dinner out is rare. But, dinner at B. Christophers will break that pattern and we will be back. The starter of olives and pickles with warm crusty bread was very nice. We shared the appetizer special and then followed that with two seafood dinners. One of them was the drum special with lobster potatoes and was excellent. The other was the scallop over risotto which was too good for him to share with me. Dessert was a large serving of blood orange sherbet both tangy and refreshing. Our server was competent and observant. The menu on-line did not match the menu at the restaurant. We were told the on-line menu was just a sample.Special Features:
- They were totally unpreparedElonparentDined on 9/28/2013They were totally unprepared for Elon Family Weekend. They ran out of Chateaubriand and the Tuna special. Any other time is great. Excellent food and service. Great atmosphere and one of the few really good restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backRKCouchVIPDined on 9/28/2013Great experience, besides the service that was VERY weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful food!skimom45Dined on 9/27/2013Been here twice as an Elon U parent when visiting. Very sophisticated yet friendly enough to bring my 3 teenagers! Pricey but worth it as all the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only complaint is that theEatsweetDined on 9/27/2013Only complaint is that the prices were a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2013Very good meat and nice wines at very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingcapersVIPDined on 9/23/2013Burlington is a hard place to fine something special. I'm a foodie and this just didn't cut it and it was very overpriced.
- the website menu and the actualfoodieDined on 9/21/2013the website menu and the actual menu were so different we wished we had gone somewhere else- so either have the website up to date or delete itI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyfelix4dindinDined on 9/12/2013Considering this is a moderate, not high end town, thought it was very pricey for what we got. Take the calf liver meal off the menu. Was not prepared well to deserve the asking price. Appetizers the best deal we all shared. THe dessert menu could be improved. EVERYONE serves these items - please be more original then the over the top chocolate cake and crème bule. Private room was a plus for our family gathering. You don't see that very often!!! All in all - it was a very comfortable dining ex periencee and the wait staff excellent but still was shocked to see some of the prices - like one would find in LA, NYC , etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Burlington MustLuvgourmetDined on 8/29/2013I had read about B. Christopher's in Gourmet magazine and was delighted to see that there was a restaurant in Burlington that features naturally grown food and that the chef uses locally grown ingredients. So when we were able to return to NC, my home state, I made a reservation for our group of 6. When we arrived our private room was awaiting and we had a very attentive waiter who accomodated our every need. Two of us had the salmon; two had the daily special which was NY Strip steak top with shrimp and a lobster sauce that they both raved about! Two more had less hefty appetities and were quite satisfied with bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp from the appetizer menu as their entree. I am a chocoholic so the hefty slice of chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningPatpatDined on 8/16/2013Each and every detail of the evening was perfect! The food was outstanding. Chris came out and talked with his guests. We have traveled extensively and would rate B. Christopher's in the top 5 of all the restaurants we have eaten in. Treat yourself to dinner there!Special Features:
- Overall good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/15/2013Dined out to celebrate son getting into grad school. Service was OK, but waitress seemed a little disinterested. My daughter's filet was overcooked (ordered medium rare) and it was barely pink inside. Did not want to cause a scene, so she did not send back. For the price of these steaks, they should be cooked to perfection. Other dishes were very good (salmon, chicken, chautebraud for two). This is, however, the second time we've had issues with an expensive steak that was not prepared correctly. Overall, I think the menu is pricey for what you receive. I would only go on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightFoodie1972Dined on 8/10/2013B. Christopher's did a wonderful job making our anniversary feel extra special. The food was excellent and the service was even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey!! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2013Too pricey!! The food was good to very good....portions were adequate...service was friendly, attentive...however, for such high prices,,,,and the attention given to try to create the illusion of "fine dining", their choice of menu presentation was pretty lame. A long sheet of thick paper with all entrees, etc., on one side, and the wine list on the other....one would expect a leather bound menu no larger than a sheet of paper....this might have offset the high prices denoted on this piece of paper!... This part of the general impression took away any initial thought that this was indeed a special place to dine.
- LavishingTLdinneroutDined on 7/27/2013Everything was exceptional! Couldn't have gotten a better meal anywhere else. We will definitely return. The food was cooked to perfection. Very good wine list to choose from. Dessert was the perfect ending to a perfect meal. The ambiance was soothing and the wait staff was one of the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B. Christopher'ssonyDined on 7/11/2013Pleasurable dining as always! Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseWarningDined on 7/9/2013I have lived in the area for a long time,but I am surprised it took my this long to get to Christopher B,s. I love that they try to use local food. The service is first class all the way. Was first shown to a table in the back of the restaurant , which seems to be my luck, but no problem , or big smirks when ask for another table. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a terrific experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013We dined at B. Christopher's last and as always it was a wonderful experience. The food is top notch, with plenty to choose from depending on your preferences. The wait staff is always extremely professional, making it an overall terrific evening. I only had one suggestion, and it's a minor one--can't help myself, I'm a foodie. For the mashed potatoes, they were a little water-y. They seemed to be made with russet potatoes perhaps, however yukon gold would have been sooo much creamier and tastier. See ya again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a small private diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013We had a small private dining room where my fiancée and I celebrated Fathers Day with our families. The food was great but the service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will probably won't dinerpgsDined on 6/15/2013I will probably won't dine here again. Food is good, but 25%- 35% over priced.Special Features:
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2013June is a filled month for our family, and this year we also added a graduate to the calendar. Two birthdays, Fathers day (for my dad, and myself being a dad), and as stated, a graduation. This dinner was to honor all these things, and B Christophers did a great job. The waiter was great, the food was great, overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An overall pleasant diningGraymareDined on 6/7/2013An overall pleasant dining experience The decor is lovely. Food has a unique flare. Server was knowledgeable. Chefs table visit was a plus for the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2013I'm pretty particular about steak houses and B Christopher's lived up to its very favorable reputation. The filet was flavorful and cooked to perfection, the wine list was excellent, and the service was great. Would fit the bill for a romantic dinner, celebration, or business meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad experience - thehobearVIPDined on 5/24/2013Very bad experience - the food was served too fast, including the main course arriving in the middle of appetizers. Worse, the main course was cold. Offered one vintage of wine, then tried to serve another.
- Consistently good foodSteveVIPDined on 5/18/2013This was third visit. Great variety. Great food. Server was new and awkward, but very nice and tried hard. Should have been better trained. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Prom Night DinnercbelcherDined on 5/18/2013I wanted to take my girlfriend somewhere nice for prom and i was refered to B Christophers in Burlington. It was very nice on the inside of the restaurant. The hostesess were very warm and welcomingand our waitress was very personable. But ill be honest the starters we were served tasted better than the actual entrees. The bread at tomatoes outstood our maim entres. We were so pressed to say anything about our disapointment because we didnt think it would be appropriate for our prom night. I can honestly say we left feeling much less satisfied than our arrival. I want a refund but i doubt that will happen. Also the waitress was nice at first but toward the end she rushed us out. Idk why but we felt rushed.Special Features:
- Food was good, but not spectacularNorthCarolina621Dined on 5/11/2013The atmosphere was excellent for couples or groups of four. My wife and I had the smoked caesar salad, and it was awesome (highly recommend it!). However, the food in my opinion went down a step after that. The Lump Crab with avacado, had a bit too much mayo in it (almost like how I would make tunafish). Also should have been served with a bread product like a melba toast, or something. I had the ribeye (ordered medium). The meat was served rare (not even medium rare). The chef came out to ask if everything was OK, and I told him, and he said he usually serves "under" just in case. If you are a steakhouse, you should be serving it as the customer requests, and be an expert at it. For a $30+ steak, I expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013B. Christophers is Burlingtons hidden gem - great food, great service, and an atmosphere that you don't find in middle of the road restaurants. Love to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Great overall experience. Little things that could be approved for excellent food and service experience.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2013Overall a good experience. Disappointed in the bisque - didn't taste like anything, took a couple tastes and the waiter didn't question if we liked or didn't liked when he removed it and saw it really had not been touched. Caesar salad nice presentation and tasty. Filet cooked perfect. Surprised desserts weren't made in house.
- B. Christophers offers anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013B. Christophers offers an intimate dining experience with great food.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!JeanVIPDined on 3/9/2013We were visiting Elong with our daughter and wanted to find a local spot for Saturday night dinner....we were not disappointed with our selection. We made a reservation, arrived to be seated immediately, enjoyed our wine and had a great dinner -- the Ribeye was outstanding and the mushrooms were perfect! As the night went on, we saw groups, families, college kids come and go.....it was a unexpected night in Burlington -- if our daughter confirms Elon, we will be back soon, jeanSpecial Features:
- Second tripOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2013My second trip to this restaurant while visiting Elon. While some of the entrees are pricey for this small town, the execution and service have been spot on each visit. The bone-in grilled steaks are second to none. I don't know of a finer restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Overall, a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013Overall, a nice experience. I still prefer the food at Ruth's Chris or Flemings. And, the service at either of those two is on a different level. But, it was a nice change of pace for a special occassion.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013This was my first visit, and my husband and I ordered catfish bites and french onion soup as appetizers, salad wedge, New York Strip with mash potatotes, and tea to drink. The bites were just ok, the wedge was good, French Onion soup was ok, mash potatoes ok, but the strips, mine inparticular, was full of fat. Not just the fat that you find on the outside of a cut of meat but throughout the steak. It would not be an exaggeration to say I had to remove about 1/3 - 1/2 of the steak from my mouth because of the fat. He had some as well, but it wasn't as bad as mine. Definitely not a $34 steak.