B. Christopher's- Greensboro
201 N Elm St
Greensboro, NC 27401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
B. Christopher's- Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bchristophers.com/
- Phone: 3362745900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from B. Christopher's- Greensboro
As you settle in for dinner here at B. Christopher’s, we want you to know that everything on this menu is fresh, hand-selected, and all-natural. This is “real food,” with no chemicals, trans fats, hormones, or pesticides. Just locally-raised, all-natural goodness. Our partnerships with friends at Iseley Farms and others are integral to your dining experience. Our fish is line-caught in deep water, served only hours after the take. And our meats are superb. Corn-fed, naturally-nurtured, wet-aged beef. Fresh chicken. Perfect chops. All prepared to perfection and served with conviction. Thanks for coming over for dinner. Enjoy the freshness at The Great American Steakhouse, B. Christopher’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
B. Christopher's- Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
B. Christopher's- Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (25)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)scenic view (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Greensboro gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Elegant, welcoming, whether you are dressing up or down. Graciously served meals made with the freshest ingredients. Innovative menu choices with comfort-food sides. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in arearmduncDined on 9/13/2014Went for our 17th anniversary and could not have been more pleased. Wife has had steaks all over the world including Peter Lugers in Brooklyn and this dinner ranks up there with the best. So tender you could cut it with a fork. For starters the Lobster bisque was very tasty, bread crisp and light on the table. Porterhouse steak for two was the best I have ever had, mushroom wine sauce a nice touch. Garlic Mashed and mushrooms were the perfect sides. Cappuccino very good as a nightcap. Go you will not be disappointed, if you love someone take them to B. Christopher's.Special Features:
- Need a little work on the bar!ThirstyVIPDined on 9/11/20142nd visit to this restaurant, good food, good service both times! However both times had an issue with availability of drinks from the bar! On our first visit, I ordered a glass of wine. As my glass is being poured the waiter says "I'm sorry but that is my last glass" in our second visit, my husband ordered a crown cocktail, the waiter comes back and says "sorry we are out of Crown" ????????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local steakhouseSkipVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food is excellent and although they specialize in steak, they always have some great seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DnnerRossDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I went to B. Christopher's for her birthday dinner at the recommendation of a couple friends. We were not disappointed. The chateaubriand was incredible and the service was professional and attentive. Will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite pleased. First time here.SCarpenterDined on 8/20/2014Chateaubriand was amazing. Great wine list. Delicious local heirloom tomato salad. Waiter attentive and helpful with suggestions. Pass on the mashed potatoes because there are more unique and original sides (caramelized Brussel sprouts--try them!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B Christopher Greensboro, NCSteakLuv2Dined on 8/15/2014As a well-traveled steakhouse lover, I was not especially impressed with the taste or creativity of the food. I had a rib eye with garlic mashed potatoes. Had the bacon-wrapped shrimp as an appetizer. None of these dishes were anything to rave about; just your general, run-of-the-mill food fare under the guise of a 'fine steakhouse.' The rib eye was lackluster in taste due to unremarkable seasoning and/or lack of flavor that would be better if they wood-fired the meat. The potatoes could be so much more delectable if they used buttermilk and cracked black pepper. I would not go here again; especially if there is a Ruth's Chris or Flemming's in the area.
- Moves from ElonJBBSVIPDined on 8/13/2014Have been eating at B Chrostopher's for over 10 years... Was pleasantly surprised to see that he moved to downtown Greensboro. Steaks were outstanding!... As usual. Service very attentive but not smothering. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerVerySatisfiedDinerDined on 8/9/2014Very well handled business dinner for 4 on very short notice. Very good food and service.Special Features:
- PERFECT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014FROM BEGINNING TO END, EVERY ASPECT OF THE DINING EXPERIENCE WAS ABOVE OUR EXPECTATIONS! THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL AND THE SETTING WAS AS WELL. GREAT SERVICE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Outstanding from sevice to the wonderful food. Filet was cooked perfectly (I like mine medium well) with a crusty exterior and perfect inside! It was so tender, I could have cut it with a fork and very flavorful! Nice people! We parked on the street around the block, a short walk and it was free. Very enjoyable and we will go back and take friends!Special Features:
- Service was great , food okAsh4Dined on 7/25/2014Nice quiet romantic restaurant. Wine list was not the best and the food was ok. The menu is very limited and the service was wonderful. It's kind of pricey for other competitors. The steak was nothing impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixednyc2gsofoodieDined on 7/19/2014Had high expectations after reading local restaurant reviews indicating the steaks were the best to be had in Greensboro. Atmosphere was very nice, and the service very attentive with one exception; calamari appetizer never came out, but the waiter comp'd us a dessert. As for the steaks...they have better flavor than Flemings by far, and even Ruth's Chris, and I am a huge fan of RC's. I do prefer to have a sizzling plate come with my steak, so that was a minus for me. It's nice that you have a choice of a number of very good sides that are included in the price. All in all, I would go back and recommend, because of the flavor of the steaks and the somewhat more reasonable pricing. I do think overall, Ruth's remains a notch above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business dinnerVerySatisfiedDinerDined on 7/12/2014Handled a party of 10 very well on short notice. Food was very good as was the service.Special Features:
- A gem!LookingforyumDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant was in Burlington for 15 years and recently moved to Greensboro in the downtown area. What a great place! Similar menu to Sullivan's and less expensive! The heirloom and German Johnson tomato salad with balsamic was delicious, the french onion soup is wonderful! The broth is house made, so you won't find any bouillon cubes here! Topped off with gruyere cheese ( which is the way it's supposed to be;not provolone, mozzerella). Wonderful Delmonico steak cooked to perfection. Apple tart with house made salted caramel icecream should be illegal it's so good! Great wine list! Out waitress Anjel was so personable and sweet. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed ourselves here. I would highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LibbyDined on 6/28/2014We live a 45 minute drive from B. Christopher's but it is worth every minute to dine there. We have always had wonderful food and great service. The atmosphere is quiet and unassuming, just the way we enjoy dining out. We have introduced a number of friends to B. Christopher's and go there for special occasions or just for a "date night" out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in GSOIrishLadyDined on 6/28/2014If you want a great steak, this is the place. Good selection of steaks and special sauces to complement. Staff very attentive; Chef Christopher actively engages with staff & customers. Good bar and excellent bartender! This location has turned several times, but we certainly hope B. Christopher's is a success -- it should be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBuilderDined on 6/28/2014Coming from out of town I looked up restaurants on Open Table. I picked it because it is closed to the Triad Stage where we had tickets and because of the good reviews. It turned out to be a great dining experience. Some reviews said it was pricey but this is what you pay for this quality experience. Other reviews said it was small portions but I didn't think they were small at all. I would highly recommend B Christophers for the excellent food and service and for us location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suemax82bluedevilfanDined on 6/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary here this week and it was perfect from the minute we sat down to the finish. Food was excellent and service was also.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to downtown GSOJimBob1Dined on 6/26/2014This is the third time we have dined at B. Christopher's and as before we really enjoyed it. We most recently had the Chateaubriand for two. It was outstanding and we highly recommend it for true beef lovers. The sides were delicious and the service was warm, friendly and efficient. The restaurant itself has a relaxed but upscale atmosphere. If you support the revitalization of downtown Greensboro then a visit to B. Christopher's is a must. There is plenty of parking in the parking decks beside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food, But a Bit PriceygborogourmetDined on 6/16/2014B. Christopher's food and service were truly outstanding, however, the overall price for the food portion was a bit steep.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful meal, great service, great dessert! A little pricey, but thoroughly enjoyed every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner!naturegirlDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered the night we dined at B. Christopher's. All the food was fresh, my crab and avocado appetizer was wonderful, and the steak my husband ordered was perfectly cooked. Also, the service was outstanding. We will definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at B. Christopher'sWineandDineDined on 6/13/2014We had an enjoyable dinner out at B. Christopher's in Greensboro. We had a large group (8 people), and they were very accommodating by giving us a round table in their back room which was nice and private. The service was very good. We ordered wine by the glass (Malbec) and it was excellent. The food was tasty and the presentation was good. I ordered halibut which was delicious, but it was a very small portion, and the prices were very high for the caliber of food we received. The vegetables had to be ordered separately as side dishes - and in comparison to what you get at other high end restaurants such as Ruth Chris and Fleming's, B.Christopher's was overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night out4twoVIPDined on 6/7/2014Fresh food prepared well served by friendly staff. Overall a pleasant dinning experience.Special Features:
- B Christopher's Magnificent DiningHeelzfanDined on 6/6/2014This was or first time here and for my girlfriend's birthday and it was the perfect choice. I had high expectations and they were surpassed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WordsFuntimesVIPDined on 6/4/2014There are no words to properly describe the experience I had at this restaurant. There is a lot i could write on here but i wont. Our waiter Joshua was the highlight of the evening. He was the saving Grace. Thats all there is to say.
- The following 24 reviews are from the B. Christopher's- Greensboro reviews archive.
- Organic!!! Outstanding!!!LukeandAmeliaDined on 5/21/2014We went here for my birthday hoping to find some exceptional moo-cow..... Absolutely the best steakhouse that I have ever experienced. Beef of this quality is rare... No hormones, no anti-biotics... Other reviewers may not be noticing that the beef is organic. That is the reason for the higher prices, I would think. Maybe the servers should point this out to guests more often. We almost missed the part of the menu regarding this, and I'm sure many people do. There is a price for eating well. We don't feel that it is pricey, also given the prime location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongProDinersDined on 5/15/2014Awesome food!!!! Hands down the best steak and tuna we've ever eaten. The service and wine list are exceptional as well. Very welcoming owner/chef, very swift and happy servers. The separate dining areas are unique and offer variety and privacy for groups or everyday seating. We will be having some future engagements here for sure. We dreaded the parking situation, just to find out how simple and abundant parking is. The lot beside the restaurant is available (we were told even the spots marked "residents" are game), and the entire deck (same block on Elm) is free if you leave after 7pm. Nice. We will definitely be going back for more. It is pricey, but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed our meal-- nice we didn't have to go far because my son lives in the apartments above the restaurant. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!steakguyDined on 5/3/2014We had the local dry aged NY strip and it was possibly the best steak I have ever had! The service was great and we loved the view of center city park. Thank-you for moving to Greensboro, we needed a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialJamesVIPDined on 5/1/2014B Christopher's is better than Flemings, but it pales in comparison to the great steakhouses in DC and NYC. The meat has a decent amount of fat. Unless you really want a steak, you're probably better off getting a burger at Hop's.
- Enjoyable DinnerGovenorDined on 4/30/2014Our dining party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed service, wine & dinner. Glad Chris is now in Greensboro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BisqueFollyBeachFriendsDined on 4/26/2014You must try the lobster bisque! It is absolutely delicious. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbienceCimbeeDined on 4/26/2014We had a good experience at the restaurant. Dinner and dessert were delicious. Will return.Special Features:
- Great steakSpiritDined on 4/26/2014The filet mignon was amazing - tender and delicious; however, their special with beef tenderloin and shrimp was served with only 3 shrimps and for the price that was a bit skimpy. The mashed potatoes were not as soft as we have had in other restaurants and certainly did not taste garlicky. Overall, we loved the steaks and dessert. The ambiance was okay felt as though we were in a run of the mill restaurant.
- Best steak restaurant in GBORODallen042Dined on 4/18/2014This restaurant by far has the best food in downtown Greensboro. It also beats Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in price (cheaper), food, service and location. Chris Russell is doing a great job as the owner. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBillGoebelDined on 4/18/2014The staff and Chris do a great Job!!! Always had a great meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations?hope4moreDined on 4/11/2014This is a restaurant that everyone who went to in Burlington loved. However, that love has been tempered a bit in the move to Downtown Greensboro.In comparing this somewhat pricey eatery to others like it around the country, the first thing that comes to mind is the ambience, or rather the lack of it.. Once you leave, the restaurant has no personality to remember,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksKayCDined on 4/11/2014Our steaks were perfectly cooked. The sauce and side dish were included in the entree price. Our waitress recommended a delicious wine that complemented the food. The owner / chef visited our table to check on our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.