B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
2 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bandorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4436926172x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Kane- Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The B&O chef team caters all Hotel Monaco - Baltimore events. The Hotel Monaco has space that can accomodate groups 10-250 ppl. The Hotel Monaco is perfet for that private business meeting or a dream weddig.
Please contact our Director of Catering Randie Haber for details at
- Special Events: For private dining inquiries inside B&O American Brasserie please contact Events Coordinator Marissa Gossage at Marissa.email@example.com
A word from B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
Housed in the historic B&O Building and named after the Baltimore & Ohio railroad, B&O American Brasserie features an approachable menu of brasserie fare. Guests can sip on hand crafted classic cocktails while enjoying top notch service. The eclectic menu features hand cut steaks, sustainable fish and many vegetarian options. The experience includes a bustling bar, an inviting lounge; an open kitchen all housed a beautiful dining room that evokes modern sophistication.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (39)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Small menu and small portions but the food and location are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, kitchen messed upWMColmes14VIPDined on 9/7/2014Got a pizza, made downstairs at their fired oven. She got strawberry pancakes. I got my pizza fast. Was more than 1/2 done when the manager came by to tell us that they lost the order and it was "coming right up". Brought us fruit salad and was very nice about it but she had little bc she hates melon. Waiter came with the bill ~7 mins later bc he thought we were in a rush. He came back 1 minute later and apologized bc he thought she had eaten! A notion they were coming right up does not make sense to anyone who has made pancakes before. When we did get them, they were very good. My pizza (house sausage, jalapeno, salsa verde and egg) was flavorful and had great deep heat. Been several times & this was a 1st, but communication sheesh.Special Features:
- Great staff and settingNickyDined on 9/5/2014I have a few dietary restrictions and the staff was great about accommodating (the chef even came out to talk with us personally). It wasn't very crowded, but I still felt like there was a nice buzz with the wait staff around when we needed them and a bar that was comfortably filled. I will happily go back again given the setting, food quality / taste and impeccable service!Special Features:
- If you are nearbyPaPaVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was acceptable for a nice quiet place for lunch, if you want or need to talk. It is very comfortable place with interesting choices on the menu...I wish the execution and taste lived up to the description.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!ACM1Dined on 8/31/2014We went for breakfast and then brunch two days in a row while staying at the Hotel Monaco. The food was delicious. The coffee and "lighter" menu options were standouts. The wait staff was incredibly polite, attentive and friendly without being overbearing.Special Features:
- ßad experiencemefairgolfVIPDined on 8/29/2014The room was nearly empty at 8:00 p.m. on a Friday night, which should have been our first clue. The menu is very limited. I chose the steak frites and was told that the steak was top sirloin. Not special. Food was similar to Outback Steakhouse. Service was poor.
- Dinner at the B&OOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The venue is typically noisy but on a Wednesday evening I was quite surprised at how quiet it was. It was not busy which contributed to the peaceful dining.Special Features:
- Change of PaceBritonVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent selection of small plates at reasonable prices. Slim pickings near Everyman Theater so worth a try. Restroom is a long hike to back of hotel from restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Downtown DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014B&O never fails to impress. Their cocktails are expertly crafted and delicious. Their menu is seasonal and you can taste the freshness and skills of the chefs in every bite. On my last visit, the corn chowder was the standout: velvety and sweet with a crabmeat garnish that added to the richness of the soup while at the same time being the perfect foil to it. Magnificent!Special Features:
- delicious!flats2Dined on 8/22/2014Great service and delicious foods. Our favorite place to have a tasty lunch and relax a little bit. We both thank you very much.Special Features:
- Enjoyed happy hour fareKimCDined on 8/20/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the offerings at B & O American Brasserie. The mussels were, hands down, THE BEST ever! Everything was top notch, and, we will return when we're in Baltimore again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKutsushitaNyankoVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always has good food and great drinks. A great place to go.Special Features:
- Simply MahvelousnannynunuDined on 8/9/2014Everything about our dinner was great- Kat was a tremendous server, her suggestions were outstanding and the food just incredible. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ImpressedEireDined on 8/8/2014Great ambiance, comfortable dining with very attentive staff and delicious food. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty coolEvilroyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Nice restaurant in a very cool, eclectic hotel. It was Restaurant Week while I was there so I went with the 3-course menu. The gnudi was fantastic, so light and well constructed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSerendipityDined on 8/4/2014The best thing about the B&O is pretty much everything. The food is adventurous enough for the sophisticated palate, wonderfully creative without being intimidating. The Summer Corn Bisque is nothing short of delightful. The ambience is perfect for whatever you have in mind; having a "Sex and the City" moment with the girls, a power lunch, or being with that special someone for a tete a tete.the staff is friendly, without being cloying, and knowledgeable about the menu, wine and cocktails. Brendan is genius and the signature Queen Bee is like the nectar of the gods. You can't help but feel just a little bit more sophisticated than you did when you came in; and that's a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always.mmleachDined on 8/2/2014The brussells sprouts are the best. Rockfish with lentils and fennel was great.Special Features:
- Dinner at Town CenterNLJF4VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our friend has been anxious to eat at the B&O Brassiere for a long while. We decided to join him as my wife had put me through school working in that building during the 1950s. We were welcomed by the hostess and immediately seated. The noise level was very high as a rehearsal dinner was underway on the upstairs level. Sue, our server, was wonderful, very enthusiastic. We ordered in a timely fashion. The food was extremely slow from of the kitchen for each course. The grilled Brussels' sprouts with fennel & lentils was outstanding and served as very generous portions. The rock fish was excellently prepared & presented, & plentiful, so much so that we had to take some of each course home with us including the dessert. All were delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful!flats2Dined on 8/1/2014What a delicious lunch! Thank you! We brought another person from our office and she had a great lunch too!Special Features:
- Best Burger in TownWinegirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014The burger - perfectly cooked with caramelized onions, bacon jam and blue cheese. At lunch, you can get the business lunch combo which includes a soup or salad and cookies to go. It's a great deal - and a fantastic burger. The burger changes occasionally - they used to serve it with chow-chow - but it is always delicious and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Lounge/bar prevails over dinnerCharlieDined on 7/26/2014Nice, cosmo, loungy place. More impressed with bar/lounge scene where we had drinks after dinner than as dining experience. Not far from Inner Harbor, good location for downtown Baltimore energy.Special Features:
- Great food in a nice urban settingkreeesDined on 7/25/2014My lamb literally melted in my mouth - the best I've had in Baltimore - and the rest of the food was delicious, as well.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!SuchiDined on 7/24/2014This was a nice surprise. My colleague and I were in town for business staying at the Hotel Monaco and we were commenting on how Kimpton hotels usually have good restaurants associated with them. We we tired and not feeling ambitious so we decided to stay put. We had the seared diver scallop which was perfectly done with a corn succotash. The oysters were served with an unbelievable Tabasco sorbet. The watermelon and chipotle goat cheese salad had many interesting flavors that worked well together. I had the crab cake for my entree and it was perfectly seared and 99% crab! My colleague had the flank steak cooked perfectly rare. Another standout of the meal were the roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and mustard cream. Unique and wonderful!Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyKimDDined on 7/19/2014Although I felt the menu was limited, having pizza options did help with the picky eaters. Service was good. Steak was ok.Special Features:
- Outstanding!flats2Dined on 7/18/2014We very much enjoy dining at your restaurant. Look forward to coming in. What a treat! Delicious! Always a pleasure! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, exceptional food!KimmyKDined on 7/15/2014What a fabulous find, tucked away in a beautiful historic hotel! Food choices were all over the map - in the best way! Something for everyone, and in our party of 7 not one place went back to the kitchen with a morsel of food remaining. Excellent service, highly recommend. Ask for Jay!Special Features:
- crazy busy hot spotFOODIE4LIFEVIPDined on 7/14/2014We visited this place just before a Justin Timberlake concert so it was crazy busy, and the service was a bit slow. But, the waitress was very nice and apologized for the wait. The food was right on.......great place with a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!StewReviewsDined on 7/14/2014I took my wife here for breakfast on our Anniversary. Everything was perfect. The flowers I requested were on the table before my reservation, and the food/waiters were excellent. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!tinaDined on 7/13/2014The atmosphere was super. Service and staff was exceptional. The food was hit or miss. The steak and frites were delicious but the chicken and gnocchi were tasteless. Dessert was very good. Overall we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicet8teVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our first visit to B&O. Picked it on a whim because it was near where we were staying. We had travelled to Baltimore (from DC area) to meet out of town friends who were visiting. Very impressed. We will go back. Food was fabulous. The eggs benedict were very good. Eggs poached perfectly and sauce very flavorful. Cobb salad was huge. Everyone enjoyed their meals. They make a good bloody mary, but a bit spicy. And for (I think) $5 more, you can get a bottomless bloody mary (or mimosa) - great deal! I recommend it. It's not very big so I was glad we made reservations, but because we were there July 5, I think they likely weren't as busy as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient ChoiceDines2oftenVIPDined on 7/4/2014On a holiday weekend, there aren't many choices in the immediate neighborhood of the Monaco. Fortunately, the food is pretty good, though not particularly memorable. The restaurant is comfortable. The staff were very nice and efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMlnoleVIPDined on 6/28/2014We stayed in the Monaco Hotel and it was very convenient. The food and service was wonderful. We ate four meals there.Special Features:
- Duck confitdoc200Dined on 5/29/2014The Thurs. evening special was duck confit. It was delicious.Special Features:
- weddingpartyDined on 5/25/2014The young man who was our waiter looked and smelled like he had not showered in three days. His nails had dirt packed under them and his cloth were dirty. He poured coffee all over our table and did not bother to wipe it up. Also storing the juices under the steps on a cart without ice is not safe. However the food was nice and the young lady who came from the kitchen to serve our food was very professional. Maybe she should start overseeing the front of the restaurant.
- DisappointingLizzie01Dined on 5/22/2014Based on reviews on various sites, we booked a reservation since we were also staying at the hotel. The only good note is they graciously held our table for an hour after we encountered flight delays. From there it was downhill. The space itself is up a staircase, dark, with a low ceiling. Although the banquette was spacious, the room was super noisy due to bar noise flowing upstairs and several large parties in the dining room. Server seemed harried, forgot to serve bread, never refilled water. Cocktails were small portions, wine was lukewarm. Spinach salad also lukewarm, not crisp. Shrimp pizza fairly good, though a little heavy on the sauce. My husband's $31 crab cake was fair, not worthy of a restaurant in Baltimore.
- Grad dinnerkimbaDined on 5/22/2014We were a family group celebrating Hopkins graduation. Shared a variety of appetizers; Brussel Sprouts and Pork Belly especially good. Nice selection of entrees; everyone enjoyed theirs and e tasted each other's. Good desserts especially the bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayKandCDined on 5/21/2014Very small portions; stopped somewhere on the way back to the hotel. Pricey, but not commensurate with the food. 2nd floor is a neat location to eat.
- The following 1072 reviews are from the B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchBillDined on 5/11/2014I was disappointed to find that when we were seated, the only thing available was the buffet. This wasn't made known at the time of the reservation. Otherwise the food was pretty good however the ambience was lacking.
- Mother's Day brunchBeefsteak20Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was great!! The food was delicious, service was great, and variety of foods on the buffet was outstanding!! Can't wait to come back and try dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, too expensiveAnnieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful, historic building, beautifully restored. The wait staff was pleasant. The portions were tiny, but expensive. My fish looked like an appetizer portion. When I pointed this out to the server a second portion of fish was served. This was nice, but should not have been necessary. The dining room was up a steep flight of stairs, difficult for someone with health problems.Special Features: