B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
2 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bandorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4436926172x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Kane- Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The B&O chef team caters all Hotel Monaco - Baltimore events. The Hotel Monaco has space that can accomodate groups 10-250 ppl. The Hotel Monaco is perfet for that private business meeting or a dream weddig.
Please contact our Director of Catering Randie Haber for details at
- Special Events: For private dining inquiries inside B&O American Brasserie please contact Events Coordinator Marissa Gossage at Marissa.email@example.com
A word from B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco
Housed in the historic B&O Building and named after the Baltimore & Ohio railroad, B&O American Brasserie features an approachable menu of brasserie fare. Guests can sip on hand crafted classic cocktails while enjoying top notch service. The eclectic menu features hand cut steaks, sustainable fish and many vegetarian options. The experience includes a bustling bar, an inviting lounge; an open kitchen all housed a beautiful dining room that evokes modern sophistication.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)special occasion (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (28)great for lunch (24)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- B&OcherobrienVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent. I guess my only issue is that there were not more offerings in the lower price category like sandwiches or burgers. It was fairly pricey, but well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dinner!FoodComaDined on 10/11/2014As our hostess greeted us, she asked if we were celebrating; our anniversary as a matter of fact! The menu was funky and fun: delicious and fresh combinations with a bow to the 19th century surroundings. My cocktail was a hearty mix of pear brandy, apple butter, and ginger topped with a sage leaf! My husband, a non drinker, had several choices for non-alcoholic cocktails (a first) and settled on the delicious Orchard Cup with cider, lemon, and ginger beer. Our Onion Fondue was so good it left us wishing for seconds. I loved the Steak Frites with truffle fries (hands off!) and my husband enjoyed the scallops. For dessert, our waitress brought complimentary champagne and the chef himself served us and wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:
- Always enjoydoro51Dined on 10/5/2014This is one of my go-to spots. I love it for a special lunch or a fun dinner with friends. The food is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Very AccomodativeMissyJennyWooDined on 10/3/2014Mentioned that we would be bringing our newborn, the hostess and waitstaff were exceptionally understanding that even new parents like to celebrate their anniversary. My family from out of town did not stop raving about the food. They were still talking about the braised short-ribs, rabbit, and pork chops the day after;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best burger/fries and saladsChattyCathyDined on 10/2/2014I come here every week for lunch, can't beat it. Delish! And baked from scratch chocolate chip cookies for dessert, don't forget them!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014I have had really spectacular meals at B&O before. Our most recent visit was okay but not quite the same caliber. Their fig dish disappointed. Soggy figs - needed some crunch somewhere in that dish. A little slow on filling water glasses & getting drink refills. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and friendly but skirted that line between friendliness and over-familiarity.
- B&OTempoVIPDined on 9/21/2014I would have given the restaurant a higher rating except the ambience was so weak. We sat under a spot light in an overall very bright area of the restaurant- much of the rest of the restaurant was very dim. However, the service was good and the food also very good.
- Brunch was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Had brunch there on a Sunday morning. Our server was really terrific, and food was outstanding. The cassoulet, not a particularly difficult dish to make, was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great foodBowz77Dined on 9/11/2014Small menu and small portions but the food and location are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, kitchen messed upWMColmes14VIPDined on 9/7/2014Got a pizza, made downstairs at their fired oven. She got strawberry pancakes. I got my pizza fast. Was more than 1/2 done when the manager came by to tell us that they lost the order and it was "coming right up". Brought us fruit salad and was very nice about it but she had little bc she hates melon. Waiter came with the bill ~7 mins later bc he thought we were in a rush. He came back 1 minute later and apologized bc he thought she had eaten! A notion they were coming right up does not make sense to anyone who has made pancakes before. When we did get them, they were very good. My pizza (house sausage, jalapeno, salsa verde and egg) was flavorful and had great deep heat. Been several times & this was a 1st, but communication sheesh.Special Features:
- Great staff and settingNickyVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have a few dietary restrictions and the staff was great about accommodating (the chef even came out to talk with us personally). It wasn't very crowded, but I still felt like there was a nice buzz with the wait staff around when we needed them and a bar that was comfortably filled. I will happily go back again given the setting, food quality / taste and impeccable service!Special Features:
- If you are nearbyPaPaVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was acceptable for a nice quiet place for lunch, if you want or need to talk. It is very comfortable place with interesting choices on the menu...I wish the execution and taste lived up to the description.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!ACM1Dined on 8/31/2014We went for breakfast and then brunch two days in a row while staying at the Hotel Monaco. The food was delicious. The coffee and "lighter" menu options were standouts. The wait staff was incredibly polite, attentive and friendly without being overbearing.Special Features:
- ßad experiencemefairgolfVIPDined on 8/29/2014The room was nearly empty at 8:00 p.m. on a Friday night, which should have been our first clue. The menu is very limited. I chose the steak frites and was told that the steak was top sirloin. Not special. Food was similar to Outback Steakhouse. Service was poor.
- Dinner at the B&OOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The venue is typically noisy but on a Wednesday evening I was quite surprised at how quiet it was. It was not busy which contributed to the peaceful dining.Special Features:
- Change of PaceBritonVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent selection of small plates at reasonable prices. Slim pickings near Everyman Theater so worth a try. Restroom is a long hike to back of hotel from restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Downtown DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014B&O never fails to impress. Their cocktails are expertly crafted and delicious. Their menu is seasonal and you can taste the freshness and skills of the chefs in every bite. On my last visit, the corn chowder was the standout: velvety and sweet with a crabmeat garnish that added to the richness of the soup while at the same time being the perfect foil to it. Magnificent!Special Features:
- delicious!flats2Dined on 8/22/2014Great service and delicious foods. Our favorite place to have a tasty lunch and relax a little bit. We both thank you very much.Special Features:
- Enjoyed happy hour fareKimCDined on 8/20/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the offerings at B & O American Brasserie. The mussels were, hands down, THE BEST ever! Everything was top notch, and, we will return when we're in Baltimore again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKutsushitaNyankoVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always has good food and great drinks. A great place to go.Special Features:
- Simply MahvelousnannynunuDined on 8/9/2014Everything about our dinner was great- Kat was a tremendous server, her suggestions were outstanding and the food just incredible. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ImpressedEireDined on 8/8/2014Great ambiance, comfortable dining with very attentive staff and delicious food. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty coolEvilroyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Nice restaurant in a very cool, eclectic hotel. It was Restaurant Week while I was there so I went with the 3-course menu. The gnudi was fantastic, so light and well constructed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSerendipityDined on 8/4/2014The best thing about the B&O is pretty much everything. The food is adventurous enough for the sophisticated palate, wonderfully creative without being intimidating. The Summer Corn Bisque is nothing short of delightful. The ambience is perfect for whatever you have in mind; having a "Sex and the City" moment with the girls, a power lunch, or being with that special someone for a tete a tete.the staff is friendly, without being cloying, and knowledgeable about the menu, wine and cocktails. Brendan is genius and the signature Queen Bee is like the nectar of the gods. You can't help but feel just a little bit more sophisticated than you did when you came in; and that's a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always.mmleachDined on 8/2/2014The brussells sprouts are the best. Rockfish with lentils and fennel was great.Special Features:
- Dinner at Town CenterNLJF4VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our friend has been anxious to eat at the B&O Brassiere for a long while. We decided to join him as my wife had put me through school working in that building during the 1950s. We were welcomed by the hostess and immediately seated. The noise level was very high as a rehearsal dinner was underway on the upstairs level. Sue, our server, was wonderful, very enthusiastic. We ordered in a timely fashion. The food was extremely slow from of the kitchen for each course. The grilled Brussels' sprouts with fennel & lentils was outstanding and served as very generous portions. The rock fish was excellently prepared & presented, & plentiful, so much so that we had to take some of each course home with us including the dessert. All were delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful!flats2Dined on 8/1/2014What a delicious lunch! Thank you! We brought another person from our office and she had a great lunch too!Special Features:
- Best Burger in TownWinegirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014The burger - perfectly cooked with caramelized onions, bacon jam and blue cheese. At lunch, you can get the business lunch combo which includes a soup or salad and cookies to go. It's a great deal - and a fantastic burger. The burger changes occasionally - they used to serve it with chow-chow - but it is always delicious and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Lounge/bar prevails over dinnerCharlieDined on 7/26/2014Nice, cosmo, loungy place. More impressed with bar/lounge scene where we had drinks after dinner than as dining experience. Not far from Inner Harbor, good location for downtown Baltimore energy.Special Features:
- Great food in a nice urban settingkreeesDined on 7/25/2014My lamb literally melted in my mouth - the best I've had in Baltimore - and the rest of the food was delicious, as well.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!SuchiDined on 7/24/2014This was a nice surprise. My colleague and I were in town for business staying at the Hotel Monaco and we were commenting on how Kimpton hotels usually have good restaurants associated with them. We we tired and not feeling ambitious so we decided to stay put. We had the seared diver scallop which was perfectly done with a corn succotash. The oysters were served with an unbelievable Tabasco sorbet. The watermelon and chipotle goat cheese salad had many interesting flavors that worked well together. I had the crab cake for my entree and it was perfectly seared and 99% crab! My colleague had the flank steak cooked perfectly rare. Another standout of the meal were the roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and mustard cream. Unique and wonderful!Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyKimDVIPDined on 7/19/2014Although I felt the menu was limited, having pizza options did help with the picky eaters. Service was good. Steak was ok.Special Features:
- Outstanding!flats2Dined on 7/18/2014We very much enjoy dining at your restaurant. Look forward to coming in. What a treat! Delicious! Always a pleasure! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, exceptional food!KimmyKDined on 7/15/2014What a fabulous find, tucked away in a beautiful historic hotel! Food choices were all over the map - in the best way! Something for everyone, and in our party of 7 not one place went back to the kitchen with a morsel of food remaining. Excellent service, highly recommend. Ask for Jay!Special Features:
- crazy busy hot spotFOODIE4LIFEVIPDined on 7/14/2014We visited this place just before a Justin Timberlake concert so it was crazy busy, and the service was a bit slow. But, the waitress was very nice and apologized for the wait. The food was right on.......great place with a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!StewReviewsDined on 7/14/2014I took my wife here for breakfast on our Anniversary. Everything was perfect. The flowers I requested were on the table before my reservation, and the food/waiters were excellent. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!tinaDined on 7/13/2014The atmosphere was super. Service and staff was exceptional. The food was hit or miss. The steak and frites were delicious but the chicken and gnocchi were tasteless. Dessert was very good. Overall we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicet8teVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our first visit to B&O. Picked it on a whim because it was near where we were staying. We had travelled to Baltimore (from DC area) to meet out of town friends who were visiting. Very impressed. We will go back. Food was fabulous. The eggs benedict were very good. Eggs poached perfectly and sauce very flavorful. Cobb salad was huge. Everyone enjoyed their meals. They make a good bloody mary, but a bit spicy. And for (I think) $5 more, you can get a bottomless bloody mary (or mimosa) - great deal! I recommend it. It's not very big so I was glad we made reservations, but because we were there July 5, I think they likely weren't as busy as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient ChoiceDines2oftenVIPDined on 7/4/2014On a holiday weekend, there aren't many choices in the immediate neighborhood of the Monaco. Fortunately, the food is pretty good, though not particularly memorable. The restaurant is comfortable. The staff were very nice and efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMlnoleVIPDined on 6/28/2014We stayed in the Monaco Hotel and it was very convenient. The food and service was wonderful. We ate four meals there.Special Features:
- The following 1078 reviews are from the B&O American Brasserie - Hotel Monaco reviews archive.