Azure - Westin Annapolis
100 Westgate Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Azure - Westin Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azureannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4109724365
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Barrett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us, with up to 20 guests, in our private dining room for any special occasion, or allow Chef Barrett and Tim Carlson to create a custom tasting event with paired wines.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Carlson 4109724365
A word from Azure - Westin Annapolis
One mile from City Dock in the Upper West End of Annapolis at Park Place, The Azure restaurant is the new feel of Annapolis, Maryland. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Azure restaurant is located off the lobby of the new Westin Annapolis hotel. From its calming hues of blue to its exhilarating large screen plasma televisions and complimentary high-speed Internet access, the Azure restaurant cuisine and atmosphere appeals to all ages. Set among the European influenced design, the Azure restaurant offers great food and an atmosphere to meet everyone"s needs. Come enjoy some great American breakfast favorites, such as Azure's delicious Frittatas or simply enjoy a pastry and coffee in the fresh morning air on our outdoor patio. Explore your taste buds with the "create your own salad" menu and the best crab cake in Annapolis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azure - Westin Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good food, no serviceSmittyDined on 9/6/2014Went to Azure for large group dinner - surprise bday party for my wife, 13 ppl total. Confirming my reservation was a challenge - called, told by hostess she would need to look into and call me back. No call back. I called again and was told 'it should be fine.' Then when we arrived and realized we needed 1 more setting/chair was told "sure, just grab any chair" - had to do it myself. Wait service was very slow to take orders, had to flag down multiple times. It is a shame as everyone enjoyed their food. A large group being automatically charged 20% gratuity should then get 20% service level.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Azure - Westin Annapolis reviews archive.
- Brunch at the HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014I picked Azure for a number of reasons, and choose to stay at the Westin because of Azure. It was a great little spot that curves around the end of the lobby. It is odd-shaped for a restaurant and nothing was blue!! :) They were very attentive, had great brunch drinks-Bloody Mary and Mimosas. We had egg white omelets that we custom made. They were great. I asked for turkey bacon and got some kind of sausage, so my attempt to eat healthy was sabotaged. It tasted great, but I wish our waitress wrote down what we ordered. All in all a great experience, and it was great to eat before leaving the hotel. All the staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Not bad, but kind of in the lobbyMattDined on 3/1/2014It was hard to tell where this restaurant begins and ends. I went to check in for our reservation at the hostess stand and was told I needed to check in at the bar. The bar flows into tables, but you're still clearly in the lobby, so any noise from checkins or people meeting up in the lobby is evident. That said, the food was great and the service was amazing. I'm pretty sure I received a filet when I asked for a strip steak, but it tasted great and was cooked perfectly, so I can accept that. Wine was great, scotch selection was ok, dessert was delicious.
- restaurant weekKarenDined on 3/1/2014Not many restaurants had last minute openings for a saturday night for a party of 8. The food was quite generous & very tasty. The selections were traditional with a gourmet flair. This restaurant will please a large group of people with quite different tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at AzureCrabcakeDined on 3/1/2014I was quite disappointed with my experience at the Azure restaurant. The atmosphere is non-existent. The restaurant is at the end of the hotel lobby. It is not even in a separate room so you see everyone coming out of the hotel lobby. Secondly,, the tables do not have tablecloths. It is certainly not fine dining as I have experienced it with other Westin hotels. The food was okay. I had to send my filet back to the kitchen as I had requested it to be cooked "medium rare" and it came out as cooked as well done. We were served no bread and had to request same. We also had to pour our own wine. I would not go to this restaurant again.
- Wait...its in a hotel?TasteSeekerDined on 2/27/2014The lovely Westin hotel, very nice as well, is where this restaurant will be found. My girlfriend and I booked a table during the "Restaurant week", after we saw the menu they were offering for what ended up being a steal as far as pricing goes. If you are going on a weeknight then book ahead of time as the chef is scheduled accordingly. They seem to be just a very nice bar otherwise. The food was prepared skillfully it had seemed, where presentation and taste are equally as important. I would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntowndiningDining2DuoDined on 2/22/2014Restaurant located in hotel lobby. We thought it had occupied the previous Morton's Steakhouse location which was being used for a wedding reception. Service was good but the atmosphere was not what we expected. My fish was overly salted. We have had their hamburgers for lunch on a previous occasion and they were great!Special Features:
- Our second at the restaurantChesapeakeDined on 4/14/2013Our second at the restaurant and both times we were the only diners. Makes it odd, but the staff is very friendly and welcoming and it winds up being pretty nice. The food has been excellent both times and we'll certainly be back.
- Needs improvementNaptowngalDined on 3/2/2013My husband and I were really excited to try this place during Annapolis Restaurant Week. We were very disappointed. The short rib entree my husband order was too salty and the meat was very dry, while my Rockfish and chips were just OK. My fish was topped with a ton of parmesan cheese (not a fan of cheese on fried fish) and the flavor was just alright. The chips were actually homemade chips, which were fine, although I was hoping for some fries! My husband is an afficianado when it comes to fish and chips and he said it was the worst he's ever tasted. My low-fat ricotta cheesecake was awful. It was flavorless and dry - almost like a sponge topped with berries and super sweet sauce. Very forgettable experience!
- It was very deceptive on Azure'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013It was very deceptive on Azure's website that this restaurant is really "in" the lobby of the hotel; i.e. it is not walled off or separated and you are eating dinner staring at the front desk. This is not clear on the website it looks like a "real" restaraunt, and a nice one at that. Not knowing this was basically a lobby bar I booked this hotel for my wife and I for valentine's day dinner so needless to say we went somewhere else. That said I can't attest to the food or service (the menu looked nice).
- Overpriced on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013This might have been a rookie Valentine's Day mistake on my part for taking a girl to a hotel restaurant, but I took my girl there for Valentine's Day and I was very surprised and disappointed when I got the bill. They had a special 4 course Valentine's Day menu where you select an option for each course, but of course there were no prices on the menu. It turned out it was $45 per person! The food wasn't bad but I was upset because for that price I could have taken my girl to the Chart House or even Ruth's Chris.
- Must get the Belgian WaffleCheers2UsDined on 12/30/2012We had a hotel block in the Westin for our wedding from the night before. Many of our guests were eating breakfast/brunch at Azure the next morning, so there was a lot of activity. The staff didn't get frazzled and took really good care of us!Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2012What Open Table failed to mention is that on the weekend Azure does not operate like a regular restaurant. There are no servers past 2, so you have to order at the bar. I wouldnt even really classify this as an actual restaurant, more like a hotel lounge. There wasn't a soul in the place aside from the bartender, so we turned around and left. Also had to pay $1.25 for parking because we stayed for 11 minutes, 1 minute over the 10 minute free allowance. I cant really recommend this place one way or another as we did not eat here, but over all the hassle will keep me from coming back.
- The cost is ridiculous forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2012The cost is ridiculous for the amount of food. There was no wait staff, only one bartender doing everything causing the wait to be longer than expected.
- Nice combination of food choices.feedmeDined on 4/22/2012Nice combination of food choices. Very pretty atmosphere.
- We had the easter buffet andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2012We had the easter buffet and the food was excellent. The food was fresh and well prepared. The surroundings were very attractive. We had a very good experience.Special Features:
- AMAZING HIDDEN GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2012The food was amazing and the scotch selection was great. The staff was outstanding. I can't believe this place isn't better known in the Annapolis area. I've traveled internationally quite often and this is one of the best restaurants I've been to any where in the world. I was shocked at how few people were there while the food was so good.Special Features:
- This is a hotel restaurantthemanDined on 2/28/2012This is a hotel restaurant that seems to cater primarily to serving breakfast to hotel guests. The dinner menu is really bar food and quite limited. Bartenders take your order and serve your food. For us, it was a hamburger that was not the best I've ever had. It might be better to go elsewhere if you are expecting a real dinner.
- Food was excellent. We hadCrystalDined on 2/25/2012Food was excellent. We had a spring green salad with chevre and dried cherries and it was one of the best salads I've had. The crab cake sandwich was great. House-made chips were addictive.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2012Nice restaurant. We went for restaurant week and enjoyed a very good meal. The cream of crab was excellent. We left very full, which is a tiny dissapointment when you read the chef bio I thought the servings would be smaller but filling. They were both which can be a great thing or a curse lol. The rockfish was great, maybe a tiny bit overcooked. Overall we would recommend this restaurant to friends and glad we experienced it. We will go back when the menu changes some. Surprisingly, the restaurant seemed empty. Perhaps the hotel was not full but we should see more locals there. The service was excellent and the server was very attentive yet good at not coming back constantly and asking about the meal.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful area withinmarieDined on 2/23/2012This is a beautiful area within the Westin Hotel. Beautiful decorations and tables/seating is gorgeous. We were there for lunch and the Cream of Crab soup is delicious. The side salad for $2 is well worth it. We had crab cakes and the angus burger. Both were very good and the burger was cooked to order. We could have sat there all afternoon.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2012It was a pleasant experience and there was no noise. We were the only people there!! A few people at the bar left shortly after we arrived. The waiter was very accommodating