Azure Restaurant @ the Intercontinental Toronto Centre
225 Front St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 2X3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Azure Restaurant @ the Intercontinental Toronto Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azurerestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 416-597-8142
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: John Mitchell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Simcoe
- Public Transit: Distance from Toronto International Airport (YYZ: 17 miles/27 km.
Distance to City Centre airport: 1.80 miles/3km.
Distance to Union station: 0.1 miles/0.2 km.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enjoy complimentary valet parking while having dinner at Azure. Valet parking is available at the lower lobby entrance of InterContinental Toronto Centre off Simcoe Street.
A word from Azure Restaurant @ the Intercontinental Toronto Centre
Under a canopy of glass, offering views of the Toronto cityscape, Azure Restaurant is a showcase of contemporary Canadian cuisine inspired by the rich culinary tapestry that is at the heart of our city. ideally located steps from Toronto’s biggest attractions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azure Restaurant @ the Intercontinental Toronto Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (16)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food!consulDined on 9/12/2014Our lunch was well prepared and served - it was well seasoned and very tasty. The atmosphere was very relaxed and unhurried. A great place to enjoy your meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceBrianbottDined on 9/12/2014I come here every year for a trade show, and it's always tempting to dine here as it's right at the convention centre. But I always regret it. Our server was slow to come to our table initially, slow to get us drinks, and then never came back. After an hour I had to ask the host for service (younger fellow, a little upset I was asking him and was not apologetic). After this our "server" dropped off the bill and asked if I could settle as he was getting off shift. Unbelievable. And they weren't busy at all. Don't go here, there are many better options on Front Street than this, and way cheaper. Azure is expensive and the food isn't bad; but the service is awful.
- Business Lunch Let DownBeckyDined on 8/21/2014I took a client to Azure and hoped that it would be special. Unfortunately, I was disappointed as the food was very poor, and extraordinarily expensive if you consider the low quality. The chicken on my Caesar salad was dried out and hard; the bed of iceberg lettuce was yellow and not fresh. My client also had dried up chicken strips added to her salad which was left mainly uneaten. I could see that this venue could be a pleasant place for a drink but I cannot recommend otherwise.
- CFP2Dined on 8/9/2014It was very comfortable and the staff was very responsive to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was very flavourful, well presented and of a good proportion. The service was good too, very personable waitstaff. However the place was not as private or lounge-like as I expected it to be. Still a nice spot for a lunchdateSpecial Features:
- lucygracieDined on 7/12/2014Did summerlicious, was well worth the value, food was delicious, service great but the drinks were over priced for what you would get.Special Features:
- lunch "service" ?TorontoDined on 7/9/2014atrocious service. Perhaps they have better service for guest that are not part of any summer deals but frankly it could not be worst. before we even order our food, we were ready to leave. We order some drinks of the menu and we got them wrong, ok not a big deal but tried to explain and pointed to the menu what we would like and the waiter nearly argue with us that this is what he brought...come on, even the beer bottle had a different name and size. Really ? plus we felt that we nearly bothered the wait staff with our presence. Not a good way to showcase your restaurant. Food was good but I would be embarrassed to bring any friends and family there. Spend your money somewhere else.
- Summerlicious VisitSummerliciousDined on 7/8/2014The menu selection and preparation was wonderful. Overall was a fun experience...Special Features:
- Summer-de-liciouslaurakDined on 7/7/2014I went to Azure with a friend for Summerlicious dinner and we were really impressed! The restaurant is beautiful and the food was delicious! Good portions too - not like you sometimes get for Summerlicious. I haven't been for regular lunch or dinner, but I'm definitely interested in trying it.Special Features:
- Raytse28VIPDined on 7/6/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – l definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Azure Restaurant @ the Intercontinental Toronto Centre reviews archive.
- Azure TorontoNRRADined on 5/15/2014Great food and ambience best for lunch +++++++++++++++Special Features:
- mrmclew2Dined on 5/13/2014Spent an enjoyable evening with friends from out of town. Good food and pleasant service. Special effects of rain splashing down the glass roof was an added benefit!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!KatherineDined on 5/2/2014We met for an annual girls dinner before a show at Azure. We always meet at azure as the parking is easy and included with dinner, and very easy access to ACC. We had one person very late, but her dinner was caught up very quickly with the rest and we all ordered from the price fix menu. The menu was simple, yet inclusive of fabulous dishes, and we all had a combination of them all offered. My salmon was fantastic and cooked to perfection. Our waiter Josh was once again charming, fun and knowledgeable. Azure may be set in a restaurant, but it is a wonderful place where one can have a wonderful meal in a casual, relaxed environment with enough touches to make it elegant.Special Features:
- Great spot for a group luncheverestgirlDined on 5/2/2014There were 8 of us and the atmosphere where we sat was as if we were there by ourselves which allowed us to celebrate a business celebration undisturbed by a busy luncheon crowd. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMs2012Dined on 4/19/2014We had the bison, chicken, and octopus salad. All were great.Special Features:
- Nice Placenoreen1836Dined on 4/5/2014WE often stay at the Intercontinental and enjoy Azure. Food is good, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a business meeting here.bradanDined on 4/2/2014I had a business meeting here. The service was excellent and so was the food. Quiet and good for discussion. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Hotel GemKennethDined on 3/22/2014The Intercontinental was built by CN Hotels as the La Hotel in the late 1970, so for a "grand hotel" it has an outstanding restaurant. So if you are in Toronto at the Rogers Centre of the Convention Centre, this restaurant is just great, food/menu was complete with a lot of options and the service was attentive. Wines might be a bit pricy but this is Toronto. Service time was OK, we were there for about 2 1/4 hours that is ok for a good meal with time for conversation etc..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinnerDibbsDined on 3/11/2014My mom and I came to Azure on Tuesday March 11-2014. We had both ordered the exact same thing. We started with the parsnip and leek soup. We both really enjoyed it. Then for our entrée had the beef wellington with the mashed potato, swiss chard and blue cheese with au jus. The steak was cooked to perfection! Absolutely delish! Our waitresses name was Paula. I have never received such outstanding service in my life! This is definitely a place to come back to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoicemarktorontoVIPDined on 3/1/2014I was presently surprised at how good this place was. The food was very good and the staff were attentive. Great place before a game or concert at the ACC or Rogers centre, an easy walk to both. I am already booked to go again tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conference night outHound99Dined on 2/22/2014For a group of six in town for a conference and this was the best place to start our week in TorontoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Winterlicious lunchWinterlicious2014Dined on 2/12/2014This restaurant is easy to get to and has a great, clean look. The food was really good and the wait staff was very friendly, something you don't always get when you're on a Winterlicious/Summerlicious menu. The only complaint was we finished our drinks during the appetizer and were never offered another through the rest of the meal. We just drank our water, which was also not refilled during the meal. Having said that I would still recommend the restaurant and would return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why so quiet?LuncherDined on 2/10/2014With the food and service both being quite good, I was surprised that more people weren't taking the opportunity to enjoy a Winterlicious lunch break at Azure. All of the food was decent and well-prepared, so particularly at Winterlicious prices there is good value to be had here. Also, we could very comfortable carry on a conversation without the din usually present in most downtown dining rooms at lunch.Special Features:
- DeliciousLi26Dined on 2/9/2014This restaurant has a cozy feel to it, not very pretty with Ambience but the food for winterlicious was delicious! I would recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:
- Exquisite!!! A wonderful experiencehappygirlDined on 2/9/2014Exquisite!!! A wonderful experience. I've already told people about it and i'm planning on going back. Food was artistically stunning and decadent. I felt like they really cared regardless if it was winterlicious or not. the service was excellent. i ordered the seafood and i found the portions slightly small but but the paste dish that my friend ordered was perfect. amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014Lunch from the winterlicious menu was very good, Martini with locally distilled vodka (Niagara grapes) were even better!Special Features:
- not as good as I expectedJuliaDined on 2/8/2014Food wasn't fresh enough and the salmon salad included in the appetizer dish smelled as if it's going to get bad soon.The only dish that I was satisfied with during the course was the dessert apple caramel cheesecake only! Never gonna go back to this place again! I would rather go to the food court!Special Features:
- Lunch at AzureJillSDined on 2/8/2014We found this spot for lunch prior to the theatre. The surroundings are lovely and the wait staff was quite friendly. Food served on the Winterlicious menu was imaginative and quite delicious on a cold and dreary afternoon. Everything was served quickly and beautifully presented. Staff was amazingly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty, appropriatehungrychipmunkDined on 2/8/2014Food was tasty, appropriate if you want more the experience of trying something fancy. Portions were not particularly large. For something like winter/summerlicious would recommend sticking to the lunch meal. If looking for adequate portions and taste for the price, I would recommend Far Niente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencedeliDined on 2/7/2014The Azure restaurant was a wonderful dining experience. All the food ordered,an apple and pomegranate salad and a fresh salmon entree were presented beautifully and the food was very tastey. As well, when I told the staff that I was gluten free, they were very accommodating, making sure all the food would be acceptable with my allergies. As well, I was celebrating my birthday and our server, Paula went out of her way to bring me a complimentary bowl of fresh berries and a "Happy Birthday" chocolate. What a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spot.jeffDined on 2/6/2014Good business lunch spot. Winterlisious menu was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FD23Dined on 2/3/2014Went to Azure for Winterlicious! Menu options were great! Food was tasty and Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Winterlicious was delicious!RhondaDined on 1/31/2014I particularly enjoyed the salad appetizer that was served with the Winterlicious menu. Thank you for a great dining experience. I have been to your restaurant many times over several years and this year was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but you need TimeMacCDined on 1/31/2014My friend and I quite liked the food, which was not only delicious, but presented beautifully. However, it was a good thing that we have a long time for lunch, as there seemed to be a misunderstanding with the waiter at first, and he didn't even take my friend's order for some time. He seemed to misunderstand "I'll start with water" to mean go away and come back later. Very frustrating. It was not a good start, and generally thereafter the service was slow.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Staff returned my call and greeted us but service declined as we seemed to be shifted to staff who did not offer the same skill level of service. Meal was Luke warm after we had to flag staff to let them know it was our food they were carrying around. More time training would benefit and match upfront service. Food offerings were excellent. Did I detect floral scent in the pear slices?
- Brief Breakfastsoprano55Dined on 1/30/2014Had breakfast here with a friend during a conference. A lovely egg white omelet for me, with fruit and a continental breakfast for her. I appreciate the healthy menu, but it comes at a "healthy" price too, being in a hotel. $30 for an omelet with fruit and coffee--the fruit was not an extra add-on. We would come back because the location is convenient to an annual conference we both attend, but I wouldn't come on a regular basis. Can't afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was not thatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The restaurant was not that busy and the service was abit slow. My order came with fries, when I had ordered a salad. The server did correct this.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Came in for a late nigh Christmas dinner with the wifey...searching for some turkey in the city the three course meal was extravagant and had my taste buds quenching for more....I strongly recommend the peppermint cheesecake, absolutely delicious. I would come back here again the lighting and scene was very relaxing and romantic, enjoyed the candlelit tables very much along with the view of the streets and some of the Skyline of Toronto. The venison loin was very well cooked and wonderfully spiced, the turkey was perfect and the cranberry sauce just right. I did not enjoy the mashed potatoes to much that came with the venison loin....they were very sweet, just did not taste adequate enough to go with the loin. All in all I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix fixe ChristmaspaoloDined on 12/25/2013The restaurant was not so busy that they needed to put us at a table in such a high traffic area. Chestnut bisque: very good; turkey: good; dessert: not bad. Several days prior to dinner, we asked about a diabetic friendly dessert and were assured that the pastry chef would have something arranged. But when we asked about it at dinner, the waiter offered a fruit plate, served with a major chunk of semisweet chocolate with dried cranberries embedded. He referred to it as what they serve as a 'gluten free' dessert. I wouldn't think a pastry chef would need to get involved in a bowl of plain berries and some chocolate. Also, I get that the margin on prix fixe is not huge, but seriously, $5 for a decaf coffee? Tsk, tsk.Special Features:
- Good food and timesgrif123Dined on 12/25/2013The food was very good with a variety that was mind boggling - there were so many items that it was almost difficult to choose. The service was top notch and made a Christmas Day special,Special Features: