2637 South Atlantic Avenue
Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shoresresort.com/daytona-beach-dining.php
- Phone: 3867677350x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michael Bartscher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Careful attention to detail is a trademark of our staff, who will bring your event to life calmly and efficiently. Our goal is simply to deliver the very best experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Choose from a variety of venues, from intimate to extravagant. Our elegant Atlantic and River rooms give sweeping views of the Atlantic and Intercostals Waterway while our Ocean Terrace provides an ideal outdoor setting.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy Campbell 386-322-7224 x
- Special Events: On our beachfront pool terrace, you can indulge yourself with an intimate meal in a cabana overlooking the "World's Most Famous Beach". Under soft candlelight, you'll enjoy a romantic meal, served by your own private butler. Please call for details.
A word from Azure
Located in the Award winning Shores Resort & Spa, Azure presents chef-driven, ocean-inspired cuisine artfully infused with regional flavors and a pinch of fun. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, Azure features elegant indoor dining that is bright, blue and sunwashed by day and romantic and reflective by moonlight. Beachfront dining is also offered on our elevated outdoor terrace, overlooking the resort's pools and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Azure reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (14)special occasion (12)romantic (11)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good serviceaspecialplacefor2Dined on 9/7/2014Although the food was good the price was not justified. The service was very enjoyable and professional but again the prices were not justified. I have found atmosphere, equally good food, and service for pricing at least 30% less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Incredible menu and the staff was phenomenal and friendly. One of the best meals I have ever eaten. Thank you for making my anniversary dinner amazing.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningfloridafoodieDined on 8/30/2014We had a great time at Azure. Chef Michael is definite talent and puts the right touch on each dish. Hostess Heather helped us get an awesome table with a perfect ocean view. Server Steven provided us with a truly memorable experience - perfect blend of attentiveness without hovering. We highly recommend Azure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagoansteakeaterDined on 8/11/2014Most of the time, an upscale restaurant at a resort means lost of money and an OK meal. At AZURE, however, the food really was *fantastic*. The lobster bisque is amazing, the swordfish and tuna excellent, and don't skip the delicious deserts. We were very impressed with such a great restaurant - far beyond what we expected in Daytona Beach.Special Features:
- A DisappointmentJamonDuoVIPDined on 8/2/2014It had been about 4 years since I had dined at Azure. The view is still spectacular and the setting of the resort is lovely, but I was very disappointed by the food. Portions were ridiculously small and most were over salted. Garlic overwhelmed many of the dishes and took away from the actual flavor of the food. What a shame for such a special spot by the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCatheDined on 7/25/2014Checked out the restaurant prior to a larger family gathering for my husbands 71st birthday. Meals were overpriced for the portions given. Grouper was good but small. The mac & cheese that came with the grouper was paper dry & tasteless. The Ribeye Steak was tough & grizzled. The Caesar salad was lacking in flavor. The goat cheese & beet salad was poor. Our friends ordered the beet salad and said the beets did not resemble a beet as we know it and did not have the flavor. They also said the smoked chicken flat bread was soggy not crispy as you would expect. Service was great as was the ocean view. Certainly glad we checked out the restaurant before the birthday celebration. We will go somewhere else for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Disappointed the one specific bottle of wine we ordered was out of stock. Server could have been more attentive. There were long periods when she was not around. The place was not that busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeTheKitchenGuyDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were here once before and really enjoyed ourselves. But this past experience wasn't as good. Don't get me wrong, the food was excellent and the chef does a fine job. But the service was less than attentive. The dining room was empty but we felt like the wait staff was rushed. We did notice that our waitress was covering tables out on the patio which was packed so that was keeping her distracted from our table at times. In fact we weren't even done with our salads when the runner came to the table with our entrees. He asked if he should take them back to the kitchen but you know what that would taste like in a while! So we took the entrees and enjoyed that at their proper temp.Special Features:
- What a find!HHandbasketDined on 7/12/2014Our experience at Azure was across the board fabulous. Everything was outstanding; the food, the service and ambience. The food is beautifully presented and tastes as good as it looks. I had the crab cake and the steak with the sautéed rainbow chard and both were perfection. Reasonable portions too, which is rare. Their pastry person has a gift. I highly recommend the orange-infused rum cake and key lime tart. Who knew you could find this level of fine dining in touristy Daytona? We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!JennDined on 7/3/2014The scallops and barbecue shrimp were awesome. The staff was also extremely friendly and helpful in assisting us to select the best wine with what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Located in the Shores Resort and Spa, Daytona Beach Shores. Can have indoor or outdoor seating by the pool. Very good service. Polite servers. Always checking on you to see if require any addtional service. Food was a little pricey but that was expected. It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted a very nice place to celebrate. I had the blackened grouper which was very good. Overall we would return .Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerjfristoeDined on 6/23/2014Our waiter, Keoni, was wonderful and attentive. We sat outside and had great views of the ocean. Our appetizers, the warm goat cheese and the scallops were excellent and cooked perfectly. We all three had their signature dish - the Frutti de Mare. This is the only reason I did not rate 4 stars on the food. While the dish was good, it was nothing special. I feel that a "signature" dish needs to truly stand out. The seafood in the dish was cooked just right, but the mussels, which were supposed to be Prince Edward Island, were extremely tiny. Very rare for PEI mussels. But mostly, it was the pasta sauce that was unimpressive. It just did not have any special flavor that one would expect from a signature dish. Too plain. Overall, great!Special Features:
- Wonderful!BuckMulliganDined on 6/15/2014We sat on the terrace overlooking the ocean. Dinner starts with a very tasty rosemary herbed bread, served warm (actually HOT ...). Entrees of Coriander Crusted Ahi Tina, rare, over jasmine rice and Seared Black Grouper with Sauce of caper and red chillis ... Quite tasty. Also a side grilled asparagus. A delicious meal with sounds of gently rolling ocean waves as entertainment. (Aside: We visited on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was not busy ... Your experience may be different on a busy night ...)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFirstimerDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I, along with my two sons and my daughter-in-law, enjoyed our dining experience last Friday evening at the Azure. This was the first time any of us had dinner at this restaurant. The food and service were excellent, in all aspects.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Azure reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Pleasant surroundings. Excellent service. Great food. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Wine AvailabilityBrettDined on 4/28/2014Took some very important customers to dinner and 3 of the wines we chose were "out"...server tried to upsell us to a higher cost wine...not "cool"..if you don't have the wine I want and I choose one of higher value, give it to me at the price of my original selection. Also, service was very, very slow...especially since their place was not even 25% occupied. Quality of food was very good, but service, wine availability was well below standardsSpecial Features:
- dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014everyone was very nice, the food was good, the ambience was nice. we will come back in the near futureSpecial Features:
- Not such a great experinceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2014Want for a nice quiet dinner with my husband and ended up listening to a foul mouthed person at the next table the whole evening. No one did anything about asking this person to keep his voice down I know all the servers heard what we heard, Food was not exceptional, not worth the price we paid.Special Features:
- The Best!FourthsisterDined on 3/22/2014The food and service was the best I've had in a long time. The waiter really went out of his way to make the special occasion memorable. My fiancé,had the swordfish and I had the grouper. Both entrees rank up there with some if the best prepared fish we ever had. We will make Azure a tradition ever time we come back to Daytona Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special spotDebber381Dined on 3/14/2014We stumbled on this restaurant while vacation in Daytona Beach. It was a delightful surprise. We ate outside on the porch. It was March so a little chill but the heaters did the trick. We liked it so much we are returning again in May.Special Features:
- Too muchDatenightDined on 3/10/2014Went for a business dinner. This place is overpriced for the quality of food. The service was long and two of the items were not available on the menu. The server took his time getting back to us. It was also hard to find as there was no sign along the front indicating the restaurant was inside. It is located in a hotel and valet parking only. The hotel is nice and seemed clean so that was a plus. Unfortunately, we will not be back due to the service and overpriced quality of food.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014Excellent food and excellent customer service from Dottie. I love their breakfast and the breakfast buffet that is only served on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulKipkayDined on 2/21/2014Azure is a special spot with delicious food and a great ambiance. There is a nice outdoor area with fire pits but it was a bit too cold and rainy the night we visited. Keoni, our server, is one of the most friendly, laid back and prompt waiters we have ever had. His future is bright far beyond the restaurant business. The food is delicious and the adjoining bar is a great before it after dinner place to grab a drink. Azure...for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day after Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014We arrived a few minutes early and were treated to complimentary valet service (free with dinner reservation). There was no wait for the table and we were given the option to sit inside or out. Although it was a bit cool, we chose the outdoors and the heat lamps provided adequate warmth. It turned out to be a good choice as we got to enjoy a spectacular full moon rising over the ocean. The service was outstanding, as was the food. Our only complaint was that the Filet Mignon was closer to well-done than the medium we requested. It was quite good nonetheless. For dessert we ordered the S'mores, which came in a kit with sticks to roast the marshmallows at the gas fire down by the beach area - a great way to close out our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, food was mediocrealabamasueVIPDined on 2/15/2014wish the food was better--i had the chicken and shrimp, my fiancee had the special (filet with stuffed lobster tail)--very bland, not much flavor, required a lot of salt/pepper. the best part was the bread and salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My husband had fish and a string in his pork sandwich. The manager rectified the situation but the damage was done. I had fish tacos.. The tortilla was cold and not heated at all... felt fresh out of the bag. My husband had to go to the bar to get a drink because it took 15 minutes for our server to attend to us. It was NOT even busy... The place is beautiful. .. food just fell extremely short.
- Very NiceLouiseDined on 12/24/2013Dinner on Christmas Eve was so nice we returned for an equally good lunch on Christmas Day.Special Features:
- Menu needs to be more varied.BJSTPSDined on 12/24/2013Menu needs to be more varied. The pricing is upscale however the over all food and menu did not meet those expectationsSpecial Features:
- Christmas Celebration with FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013We loved every minute. The only problem was the noise level and the restaurant was pretty empty. Voices seemed to bounce off the ceiling. We had speak loudly at our table of six. Excellent food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- GnocchiblissDined on 12/7/2013Wow, love the food, hanging outside on the patio, so fun. The rosemary bread before dinner delicious. Do order the Gnocchi!!! Will go back every time we visit. Compliment to the chef!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were the only diners inChristineDined on 11/25/2013We were the only diners in the restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly. Apps were good except the lobster bisque for $9 should have been a bowl not a tiny cup. At least there was some lobster meat in it. My 'grouper" didn't really seem like grouper and it was so salty I could not really eat it. My husband's rib eye was on the small side (not the size advertised) and it tasted like asparagus because apparently they cooked the asparagus on top of the steak. The meat itself was tender but no flavor except asparagus Extremely limited menu Food presentation was very appealing.
- AzureadecaVIPDined on 11/17/2013The service was friendly, helpful, overall great, however, the food took longer than expected. The wine list is above average with a full bar. Food was cooked as requested. Wide variety of meat/fish, fit for easy or fine taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good, the bad and the uglyFoodMavenDined on 11/5/2013Three of us ordered steaks which were cooked perfectly to order. One person ordered swordfish which was really overcooked. It was sent back and of course by the time she received her fish, the three of us were done. That's fairly common though whenever you send anything back. We ordered a red wine that they didn't have and had to order one at a higher price point. This resort hotel was busy and even though the restaurant was not too crowded, the service was slow. I said I would recommend this restaurant, but with caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2013The food was absolutely good and staff was very professional. Breakfast buffet was awesome with lots of selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Excellent service!darkknight817Dined on 10/20/2013When me and my wife arrived we were treated to complimentary valet parking. When we walked into the restaurant the host was very gracious and allowed us to pick inside or outside seating. Our server was excellent and made sure we had everything we needed!Special Features:
- Great Service and LocationJennefferPDined on 9/2/2013What a warm and friendly staff. The view is the best in Daytona.Special Features:
- Our party of four enjoyedDelightfulDinerDined on 8/29/2013Our party of four enjoyed a delightful dining experience and we appreciated being taken care of so promptly with our reservation. The food was delicious and the staff was courteous and cordial. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there twice forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2013I have been there twice for dinner and both times, different waiters and we felt like princesses. The food was fantastic and the service was amazing. Keep up the great job !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Best of DaytonaJCL928Dined on 8/7/2013For all the hype, not that great for the price. Outdoor seating is behind the pool, spa, Tiki Bar,and fire ring but it is covered. No direct view to the beach. Food was OK, that all I can say. The waiter was chatty but pleasant. Ordered the 20 yrs. Port and got a wine glass full since they did not have port or cordial glasses. Definitely not the Best of Daytona.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013This was the third time we've eaten dinner at Azure. The first two times were outstanding--great food, service and ambience. This experience did not hit the mark. Our table was close to the hostess desk and main walkway thru the lobby. The lighting was also "off". The wait staff was pleasant but did comment on how busy they had been for lunch. The menu was new, so we made some adjustments to what we thought we would be ordering. The cobia was excellent, the ahi tuna was so-so. We love staying at the Shores Resort, but will choose to dine elsewhere, as the experience overall was not worth the money.Special Features: