Azure by Allegretti – Revel
500 Boardwalk, Revel Beach
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Azure by Allegretti – Revel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/signature/azure-by-allegretti
- Phone: (609) 225-9870
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alain Allegretti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azure by Allegretti – Revel
Azure by Allegretti is an approachable and energetic seafood restaurant that captures the sun-kissed glamour of the Riviera, part Capri cuisine, part Saint Tropez soiree. Chef Alain Allegretti offers exceptional seafood utilizing seasonal ingredients sourced from local waters and farms. The beauty of the vibrant dining room is rivaled only by the excitement of Chef Allegretti’s exhibition kitchen. Guests will come in for a glass of Rose and stay for a delicious and vivacious night out while indulging in the spirit of Azure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Azure by Allegretti – Revel - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Azure by Allegretti – Revel reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (34)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (28)romantic (25)notable wine list (21)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious Food, Great ServiceDaveDined on 8/30/2014Everything that I was looking for in celebrating a three year anniversary. From the minute we walked in, the service and attentiveness (even on the last night at The Revel!) was terrific. I'm a snob, and the food was superb (Lobster Bisque, Caprese-style salad, Scallops in Jersey corn sauce and the Filet Mignon).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatchoiceVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great experience! Our waitress was very attentive to our needs! We told her it was our anniversary and she brought out a dessert with a candle, it said "Happy Anniversary" On the plate. On the house! The manager made sure we were happy!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJoeAubryVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food and service. I love the way they split the appetizers so 2 people can share the great food. Too bad this place is closing with the REVEL closing. Good luck to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was good, but service was very slow. It took 1 hour to receive our dinner. Also, they sat us at a two-person table that was close to other patrons even though they had several two-person tables that were overlooking the ocean. I thought since it was our wedding anniversary and we had booked months ago, they would have saved one of the more intimate two person tables for us. I asked the hostess if we could have a better table, and she told us that our table was the best they had at the moment. If this hotel reopens, I would not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Hope the restaurant gets to reopen soon when a new casino owner is located. The entire atmosphere of Azure should be available for others to experience. When it reopens get the dining and wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayPeachesDined on 8/28/2014The best part of the meal was the Lobster Bisque; so much lobster in the soup & terrific flavor; this was the best part of the meal. I had the surf & turf special; lobster tail was tender but no taste. Filet mignon was tough, however, was served as I requested, medium rare. Wait staff was pleasant & view of the ocean was lovely.Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksNJJacqueDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed grilled octopus as an appetizer. Excellent flavors and tender. Pistachio encrusted lamb was done perfectly. Served with eggplant and feta - delicious! Husband ordered salmon. Done med rare and served with a crispy skin. He felt the chef cooked it perfectly. We weren't rushed through dinner - service was excellent and friendly. We thought the food and the drinks were pricey but a special occasion would warrant such a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were a group of six and, unlike at most restaurants, we were able to hear each other speak. The food and service were excellent. We are all hoping the restaurant remains open. Two people ordered the chicken and loved it. I had the halibut which was excellent. My husband's bronzino was moist and flavorful. Everybody was pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye AzureKarlDined on 8/23/2014This was our fourth time here. The service is always great. The food is always perfect. It is a little pricy. We will be sorry to see it go when Revel closes.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!davereviewDined on 8/23/2014Always a great meal. Excellent service. The view of the ocean ties it all together to make the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was amazing! The view was spectacular, ambiance was very romantic, food was delicious. It is ashamed the hotel is closing, we would definitely had gone back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry that they are closingFoodieDined on 8/21/2014This was my second visit. I had high hopes based on my first visit when we were in town a year ago and Azure did not disappoint. The rack of lamb was outstanding. The Dover Sole was very tender and flavorful. I hope they are reopened next year when I return.Special Features:
- Best dinner evermariemhalDined on 8/20/2014The food is absolutely amazing. I've been to many fine dining places in AC and by far the best. Please don't close down!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOliveOilDined on 8/20/2014What a beautiful restaurant - stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean over the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Fantastic food - from appetizer to desert. Fabulous service. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about Azure. It's a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, LOUDEricEatsEverythingVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food - excellent. The service - also excellent. Not that any of this matters since the Revel is closing in like a week or two. Just beware if your table is near the kitchen - the dishwashers and chefs yelling were so loud it felt like we were dining at a fine restaurant inside of a garbage truck. We asked to be moved, ended up close to the giant windows, and it was MUCH better! It's a shame that this place will be closing when the Revel closes down. Hopefully it returns quickly - the food was superb! I got the Dover Sole filet - YUM. Although I'd wished I had known that it was a la cart...Special Features:
- Going out of BusinessAboveparVIPDined on 8/16/2014Don't waste your money. This used to be a good restaurant. We ordered Lobster Bisque and Lobster Ravoili. They must have run out of Lobster, so they served it with King Crab. When questioned, they said that is how they always serve it. My wides Bronzino was ordered to be sevved with the skiing seared crispy. They removed the skin. The said they would remake it. That was Saturday night, we are still waiting...
- Excellent!Dinner4twoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to Azure to celebrate a birthday, and we absolutely loved it! Our waiter, Francis, was fantastic! The food was also delicious. We were there with another couple. We all shared the charcuterie board for an appetizer and each couple got a bowl of the lobster bisque - all of which was very yummy and quite big portions! We got the veal, lamb, scallops and cod. Each meal was very well presented, large portions and was so delicious. For dessert we got a dish that was off the menu, but that I'd highly recommend asking about! I forget the name, but it was vanilla gelato covered w/ a shot of espresso and a shot of amaretto with salted caramel on the bottom. Revel is closing - so not sure what this will mean for the future of this restaurant.Special Features:
- So sad that the property will closeCasinobobDined on 8/14/2014This was our second visit to this outstanding restaurant ,and again we enjoyed everything about our dining experience. I am sad this restaurant will close when the Revel Hotel in AC closes in September. I hope they are able to reopen in a new location.Special Features:
- Top of the lineSpiritedJaxDined on 8/14/2014This place was a bit pricey but oh, so nice. The setting is wonderful -- big scenic ocean views, gorgeous chandeliers. The waiter staff was both personable and attentive. I had the surf and turf special and the filet was probably the best I've ever ate. I also had the basil cocktail -- again a bit pricey but delightful. Dessert was equally good, a rich chocolate mousse cake with home made pistachio ice cream. I enjoyed the ice cream as much of the cake. Another plus was the coffee -- served in a small pot so you could linger a bit and it was still hot. I love the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nancyDined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed eating here. Food was delicious, we ordered the surf and turf. Waitress very polite.Special Features:
- Great Food, Terrible ServiceNickDined on 8/11/2014Loved the food, setting, and view. Our waiter, Antonio, completely forgot about us a few times. We had just got engaged and told him but not even a congratulations. We waited 20 minutes after our app for the entree, then waited 30 minutes after plates were cleared if we wanted dessert or the bill. Once I received the bill it took another 15 minutes to pick up the payment. All this while he walked right by us many times without checking at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Extremely overpriced menu. Spent over $500 for a family of (5) without the gratuity.
- overrated and clearly overpricedTobyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very expensive. Food is good but not worth the cost. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!AMluvfoodDined on 8/8/2014Everything about the experience was top notch.... from service to food to ambience!Special Features:
- Best seafood meal everRayDowVIPDined on 8/7/2014Revel's troubles are well documented and its disappointing to see such a superb facility financially failing but through it all the majority of the casino restaurants are still top class. Azure by Allegretti is as good a seafood restaurant as you will get anywhere. Not cheap but I don't mind paying top dollar when the food, service, wine list and ambiance are as good as this place is. Completely packed on a Thursday night and it was not difficult to see why. its a must if you enjoy fine dining and are staying in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Fantastic!DawnVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love the view, ambience,food and service. We had great meals. We had the surf and turf special which was absolutely mouth watering and lobster cooked to perfection. Free range chicken excellent so moist! Dover sole to die for with a nice buttery sauce. You must go...please keep the Revel and azure open!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!bisondinnersDined on 8/2/2014A wonderful evening. From start to finish this was an was an exceptional experience. The cocktails food, wine and ambience were awesome! Of special note was Francis Hennessey. One of the most exceptional waiters I have ever had. His knowledge, attitude, and friendliness was well beyond the norm. I have dined in restaurants from Rome to Singapore and few of the Staff compare to this young man! We would go back just for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MI85VIPDined on 8/2/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and only waited a short 10 minutes to be seated. The restaurant is bright & beautiful. Try to get a table near the windows for a water view. Had a hot summer splash which was a delicious and light gin cocktail with cucumber and a slight spice. We had the seared tuna, burratta, chicken, Dover sole special, lobster ravioli & Icelandic cod. All were amazing my favorite being the ravioli but buratta had soured so we didn't eat it. One complaint, our server forgot to put in one of our entrees & when asked about apologized but tried to convince us we didn't need it & didn't want to fire it. The mishap wasn't handled quite as we expected but nonetheless everything else was great- would recommend & return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad all arounddatenightersDined on 8/2/2014Horrible service. Our waiter was rude and uptight. We hardly saw him. We got our entrees before we even got our first glass of wine, and he kept glancing at our table, you think he would have noticed! Food was nothing to write home about. I paid 30 dollars for a king crab cocktail appetizer that had basically one claw's worth of meat in a bowl of white wine. The only positive part of the entire dinner was the homemade ice cream, which was very good but i can get ice cream anywhere. We dine at a lot of nice places in the City so we wanted to try something new. Big mistake, will definitely not go back!Special Features:
- slt16Dined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent. Service could not have been more attentive--waiter and bus staff didn't know what to do for us next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLCZDined on 8/1/2014My husband and i have had dinner here before and the food and service was the same each time. Delicious food and terrific service.Special Features:
- Azure on August 1, 2014Jefferee51Dined on 8/1/2014Food and creativity is at a high level. Ambience and environment are very upscale. Service is excellent. Very pricey . Dover Sole and Bronizni are excellent and fileted expertly. $47 for the bronzini and $65 for dover sole are quite high but there are other menu items you can get which are more moderate.Special Features:
- LisaDined on 8/1/2014We arrived at Azure for my sister's birthday, only to be surprised by my parents who had called ahead and changed the reservation from 3 to 5 people. The folks at Azure were not only accommodating, they went above and beyond to ensure that the evening was a memorable experience. Our waiter, Francis, was fantastic and very attentive, despite obviously having several other tables to handle. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the wine was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 860 reviews are from the Azure by Allegretti – Revel reviews archive.
- RJH206Dined on 7/31/2014Excellant food, good for special occasions!! Just a little pricey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ripped offheidiDined on 7/27/2014Don't get dinner special Our bill was 202.00 just for food Slow service and dark and mis leading
- Not worth the cost!UnhappyDinerDined on 7/26/2014Had reservations for 4 to dine at 9:15 on a Saturday night. Waited 40 minutes to be seated. Service was so slow. We had to ask for bread 3 times because we were starving and the drinks we had to buy at the bar were going to our heads from the wait. Ordered our meals and it was over an hour before we were told that they were not happy with how one of our appetizers (which was the only left) game out so they wanted to know what I wanted in replacement of it. Out of 4 appetizers only one was really cooked. The other 3 were either raw or need a slight searing. By hour 2 we were given a tiny dish of risotto complementary for our wait. Finally the food came out and no one ever came by to see how things were until they offered the dessert menu.
- Pricey but worth itPhillyPattiVIPDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful ocean view, excellent service, outstanding food preparation. I don't mind paying more when I get my money's worth. a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious!KclarkDined on 7/26/2014Food was amazing, only downside would be the serving size of the entree being on the smaller side, the service was great, our server escorted me to the bathroom so I wouldn't get run over by people whipping in and out of the kitchen, and the view is great if you can get a good seat by the window, which we couldn't :(. Only downside would be the lack of privacy since our table was so close to another table, but not all of their tables are like that. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!bulldog70VIPDined on 7/25/2014Our server, Francie(?) was exceptional. He recommended great cocktails with our meal. He made suggestions on how we could maximize our tasting experience without over ordering, yet being able to have half portions of certain plates to enjoy them. Highly recommend eating here. The fish was exceptional, as was the risotto and the desserts!Special Features:
- Best I've had in A/COpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, better than any other we've had in Atlantic City through the years, and can highly recommend the oysters, buratta cheese with tomato (special), spaghetti Rivera, rack of lamb and the profiteroles.Special Features: