425 Grinnell Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azurkeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052922987x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm, Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; dinner nightly : 6:00am - 10:00m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michael Mosi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azur
Conveniently located in the heart of old Key West, AZUR Restaurant is the locals" and visitors' favorite for creative, Mediterranean cuisine. Whether you choose our shaded terrace or the cool blue dining room, please join us for a hearty breakfast featuring a few new twists, an al fresco lunch by the waterfall, or an intimate dinner with offerings including old favorites and new creations. AZUR is within walking distance of most guest houses and hotels, and also has free parking. For a completely unique dining experience in Old Town, AZUR is a must on your list of innovative-chef restaurants in Key West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Azur reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (31)romantic (29)special occasion (28)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (17)good for groups (9)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sublime experiencePabloVIPDined on 8/22/2014Best dinner out in key west. Go here. Order the tuna appetizer. Sit outside, near the fake pond. Sing with the frog. He sings back.Special Features:
- DisappointingVeggieloverDined on 8/22/2014Every dish was less than perfect. Bronzino was overbooked and server didn't bone it well. Cooked Grouper was served on top of cold potato salad- a warm accompaniment would have been much better. Raw Oyster appetizer should have been icy cold but was warm. The atmosphere was lovely; wish the food was as good!Special Features:
- Best gnocci everKMSchaefDined on 8/21/2014The food here was amazing! From the appetizer to dessert each bite was wonderful! I am a lover of gnocci and always order it when it see it in a menu. This was honestly the best gnocci I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you can have breakfast at lunch!liz33VIPDined on 8/18/2014You have to love a restaurant that offers breakfast items past noon! Just saying.Special Features:
- wrong pickakaiaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Salads were good as was service, but our fish entrees were not attractive or tasty. Snapper was swimming in butter.
- With chef owners, it's a win-winliz33VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always enjoy the food, service, ambience. creative, thoughtful well prepared food is what you want when you go out, or you could stay home and make yourself something to eat. It's nice to know they use great ingredients, and do it right.Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEMStankoDined on 8/5/2014Outstanding food, knowledgeable staff are the overriding observations. The tuna app was butter — it really did melt in your mouth.Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchKeyWestLocalDined on 7/20/2014This was my first visit to Azur for brunch. I've been there plenty of times for lunch and dinner; the food and service was always superb. Brunch was no different. Will be choosing Azur in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect ExperienceLisaaLisaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Azur is a Gem. The restaurant is situated in a house on a quiet street. The wait staff was spot on, friendly, attentive and informative. The food was perfect! Each dish filled with finely prepared with just the right amount of spice and flavor. The Gravlox and potato croquettes were out of this world as was the octopus. The salad and goat cheese was fabulous. For main dishes we had mushroom gnoochi, a chicken dish and I never order chicken....I will dream about this chicken, and lamb which was stellar! Just go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Key West GemFoodluverDined on 7/10/2014We saved this restaurant for a night out without the children. It is very intimate with indoor and outdoor dining. Dinner did not disappoint. The staff was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable - we did not wait for anything. All suggestions were perfect. We started with the Pulpo (char-grilled octopus) and it was delicious. The lamb was very good and the Osso Bucco was amazingly tender and mouth watering. We will be back - what a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentKWolfDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy dining at Azur. The food and service are always excellent and at a reasonable price. My last meal was Sunday brunch and I ordered the crab cakes Benedict. Each part of this was tasty and done right especially the crab cake which had very little binder and was mostly crab. The poached eggs were done to perfection as was the Hollandaise sauce. Azur is located in old town Key West in a quiet and charming neighborhood. I've eaten lunch, brunch and dinner at Azur and it was always an enjoyable experience. The only fault I have are the acoustics which make dining inside very noisy, especially if there is a large group celebrating as there was this past Sunday. The hostess however, did seat us as far away as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchLocalKWDined on 6/30/2014We were surprised to find Azur almost empty at lunchtime. We enjoyed small dishes from their $6 menu and had plenty to eat. There was a leak in the ceiling over my companion's side of the table. It only dripped once. Otherwise we would have changed tables. But we were always waiting for the next drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, so-so foodmallory1212Dined on 6/26/2014Our waitress was phenomenal - accommodating a few requests and booking it from one end of the place to the other. The menu was pretty limited, for lunch anyway, and it was only OK. Restaurant also has odd acoustics - one about of laughter from a nearby table and I couldn't hear my husband talking tight next to me.Special Features:
- Key lime French toast.. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our group if 9 walked to the location. The weather was quite warm, so our server had ice water waiting upon our arrival and to go cups for the return trip home. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseKeyWestgirlsDined on 6/5/2014We had a a wonderful meal at Azur. The snapper and chicken were delightful and the lavender creme brûlée was the perfect finish. The wine list tremendous. It was a hidden gem right in the middle of our old town neighborhood. As we are in Key West for the month, we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerhunt1021Dined on 6/4/2014The food and service was great. The restaurant was a little dead, not sure why. We enjoyed our dinner and the outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azur never disappoints!DiningKeyWestDined on 5/31/2014As someone who lives in Key West, it's easy to find your favorite places in a rut with regard to the menu. Not at Azur! It's a delight to dine inside or out. The chef continues to innovate and the service is impeccable. The specials, the octopus, the care, the love that obviously goes into the menu. It reminds me of the scene from Big Night where one of the guests says this is so $&@?/&$ good I should kill you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Patio DiningL2B2Dined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere relaxed yet elegant and the setting romantic. We had a lovely time and look forward to many more at Azur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysKWGuyDined on 5/24/2014Azur is consistently good though admittedly, I mostly eat brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014We are visiting from NC and found this spot on open table. The food was excellent; we had the seafood combo of mussels, clams, scallops, with gnocchi and also the snapper. Our server was very informative and excited about sharing his knowledge and the food with us. We got the flour-less chocolate cake which was delicious. We sat inside in the blue dining room which was quaint and serene. The porch outside is beautifully lit and would be another great place to dine. We will definitely be back on our next trip!Special Features:
- Unexpected gem515ttDined on 5/16/2014I have been coming to key west over the last 15 yrs. I have tried many different more higher end eateries. This was my first time eating here. This place will become one of my regulars. The ambiance was perfect. Very relaxing. We were immediately taken to it table. The wait staff was spot and and friendly. Helped with the menu selections and Very knowledgeable about the selections. I never felt rushed. The food was supurb. I had the grilled grouper special and pulpo appetizer. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure!GingerDined on 5/16/2014Every year we visit Key West and we have our favorite restaurants, so it is sometimes difficult to try something new. This year we tried Azur and must say we'll be back next year. The food was fresh and delicious! My "meat and potatoes" brother-in-law hesitated to try Azur; however, he ordered the Angus Rib Eye and was very pleased. I am both gluten and dairy intolerant and found many dishes on the menu I could eat without too many adjustments. The Walnut Filled Eggplant was delicious, and sweet enough to count as dessert! The Mussels were ok, but a little too big and chewy for my liking - and the only reason I gave the food a 4-star rating. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with Azur, since the service and ambience are 5-star!Special Features:
- Always Great Food & SeviceREDSTOREVIPDined on 5/15/2014If we want guaranteed great food and service away from the maddening crowd we head to Azur. Fresh Grouper specials are creatively prepared. Handmade Gnochi is some of best anywhere. All of the staff is welcoming and knowledgable. Can't miss with this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFreddyVIPDined on 5/11/2014The reception was casual almost slovenly. The waiter declined to give us a table outside even though as it turned out, there were unoccupied tables outside for as long as we dined. The wait for food was interminable. Our waiter Joshua was a pleasant young guy who was eager to please, but the kitchen took its sweet time. This is not typical of Azur as I eat there once or twice a month year round.
- Wonderful dinnerJulieandGreg1Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed a great dinner last week at Azur. We split the Frisée salad which was plenty for two. It was very refreshing with a slight twist to an old stand by. Highly recommend it. The carpaccio special was tuna when we were there. The fish was so fresh and perfectly marinated,I could have ordered another serving to make an entire meal of it. My husband had the snapper, and I had the duck. Both were very good and well portioned. We ate outside which was pleasant and romantic the night we were there. Between the food, service and ambience, we felt Azur was a great value for the price.Special Features:
- The following 321 reviews are from the Azur reviews archive.
- fantasticelladcDined on 5/3/2014We had such a wonderful experience there! The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. We were not rushed and enjoyed sitting outside I had been been eaten up by bugs sitting outside at our hotel and our kind server offered some Benadryl :). We will go backnext time we go to Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Chose Azur for my birthday dinner while on vacation in Key West. Liked the ambiance, the date small dish appetizer, the wine and the pecan honey tart for dessert. My main course of gnocchi was a tad odd for my taste and I didn't like the surprise salmon on my other appetizer. The waiter was ok but seemed much more interested in the wedding party in the same room. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to friends especially if they eat meat and seafood. I don't eat either, but would probably still go back, maybe for the interesting Sunday brunch they offer.Special Features:
- Great foodwarrenDined on 4/27/2014I must admit we were very pleased with the food the service and the resturant was truly amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azur Pleasure1limeyDined on 4/20/2014What a great restaurant, great service, great food, great ambience. Highly recommended, expensive but worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummydaveDined on 4/20/2014Key lime french toast was great and the outside room with the water wall and plants a nice touch.Special Features:
- FantasticSpiceymeg77VIPDined on 4/15/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a quiet and romantic dinner here. The service was top notch and the food was great! They also had my a great wine list.Special Features:
- We had brunch there. The menuLindaDined on 3/30/2014We had brunch there. The menu was imaginative and the service was excellent. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the key lime French toast!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/20144 out of 5 of us ordered the key lime French toast! We came here a year ago on vacation and have been dreaming about this French toast ever since! It does not disappoint! Everything else is great here too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in key westbrianDined on 3/28/2014i recommend any of the gnocchi as a starter. my companion had the duck while i had the chicken. both were exceptional. the outdoor seating amidst fountain and foliage is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrumasBrumasDined on 3/26/2014Great food ..... my sea bass was huge and perfectly cooked. The service was Awsome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTravelerJohnDined on 3/24/2014Haughty reception, nice decor. Expected a great dining experience but ended up only fair. The menu is short. Not a lot of specials either. The food was disappointing. The artichokes tasted like they were right out of the can. The mozzarella was watery and loose. In fact I was able to spread it on the tomatoes and a piece of bread. My rib eye was over cooked and served over a bed of blackened overcooked potatoes, olives and capers. The snapper was just bland. After the table was cleared, without a word the server slapped two desert menus on the table. After looking it over, we opted for the check.
- Key West delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014I ate here twice during the week I was in Key West. It was a delight in every aspect. The menu items were creative and well prepared. Dining as a single usually means being ignored by waiters and long waits. At Azur the pace matched my dining progress perfectly. Other I met at the guest house had similar experiences. I highly recommend Azur and will visit it next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night of diningSparkyDined on 3/21/2014We return to Azur each year on our trip to KW. It never disappoints. Food is well prepared and menu offers many options Just wine and beer are served, otherwise it would be five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterrean flair with a twistchungclanVIPDined on 3/17/2014Enjoyed this Mediterrean-inspired spot well off the beaten path in a residential neighborhood in Key West. Charred octopus salad was a real standout. Nice selection of gnocchi and terrific selection of "tasting plates" and appetizers. The former were truly tiny portions for a low price. Appetizers were large enough to share and delicious. I especially enjoyed the artichoke app. We went with a large table of 10 and had to wait about 15 minutes for the table. Otherwise, service was good considering the large size. Overall, we recommend trying Azur if you want something a little different out of the hustle and bustle of Duval St.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it. Food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2014Enjoyed it. Food was very good, had a nice quiet table in the corner. Another wonderful Key West restaurant.Special Features: