425 Grinnell Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azurkeywest.com/
- Phone: (305) 292-2987
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm, Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; dinner nightly : 6:00am - 10:00m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Michael Mosi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azur
Conveniently located in the heart of old Key West, AZUR Restaurant is the locals" and visitors' favorite for creative, Mediterranean cuisine. Whether you choose our shaded terrace or the cool blue dining room, please join us for a hearty breakfast featuring a few new twists, an al fresco lunch by the waterfall, or an intimate dinner with offerings including old favorites and new creations. AZUR is within walking distance of most guest houses and hotels, and also has free parking. For a completely unique dining experience in Old Town, AZUR is a must on your list of innovative-chef restaurants in Key West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Azur reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (15)romantic (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Food Retreat Away from Duval St.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014After a few meals on Duval Street in Key West, we were ready to have a different dining experience. Azur fit the bill. With some walking down Fleming St., we found Azur and a quiet, comfortable, and delicious meal. We really enjoyed the pear salad and the gnocchi. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Azur!Me2peoriaDined on 11/14/2014Went for breakfast and had a wonderful experience. Waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable and the food was fabulous. I had the key lime pie French toast which was very good. Be sure you have a sweet tooth! My husband had the breakfast ciabatta and raved about it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014We went for breakfast on a quiet Thursday morning. The food was AMAZING! Perfect menu for foodies. New favorite breakfast spot in Key WestSpecial Features:
- Great old town findKeywestlivingDined on 11/6/2014Azur has a rather eclectic menu which I enjoy. Selections are rather limited if you want a big meal. There is only one beef dish on the menu, but it was a sizable rib eye. Love the toasted gnocchi.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 11/4/2014This wonderful gem of a restaurant is an incredible find. amazing array of delicious salads - I do recommend the Caesar Salad with local Pink Scrimp. Also the red snapper sandwich and cheese salads are winners. Desserts are excellent and a fitting end to a most delicious meal. Service is top notch as well.Special Features:
- Reliable retreatFreddyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Azur is one place in Key West that is consistently sound. The menu which is pleasantly quirky never fails to please my family and our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014We had breakfast here on a beautiful morning and their covered outdoor patio was the perfect place to enjoy it. We were warmly greeted by our hostess and the service was excellent throughout our visit. Our hostess knew the menu well and was able to help us pick a variety of wonderful dishes and we enjoyed all of them. One member of our party is a coffee snob and not only did he compliment the coffee but our hostess was able to discuss the origins of the coffee with him. We were in Key West for a week and had breakfast somewhere different each morning and this place was by far our favorite - and it even had it's own parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!SunshineInTampaDined on 10/25/2014Visiting from out of town. Listed on Open Table, this was my choice because of breakfast menu items. So happy to be seated immediately on a very busy "Fantasy Fest." Saturday. The very noteable teamwork service here was spot on. Probably the best I've ever had. I had the crab cake benedict, it was dE-lish, my husband had the "traditional" breakfast & loved it. Eggs very high quality grade. A small quaint house-type restaurant with tropical landscaped terrace for outside dinning with small waterfall. House Mimosa was very smooth.Special Features:
- Surpassed my expectationsBWC21Dined on 10/15/2014A superb dining experience. The atmosphere was relaxed, with a low noise level and subtle lighting. The food was cooked to perfection and the flavors were fresh and lively. Both the pear and octopus salads were great starters. My 13 year old daughter, who rarely ventures from the beef category, loved her gnocchi (it was the Braised Beef Rib version...she will only venture so far). My Angus Rib Eye was a real taste treat with the kalamata olives adding a welcome zing. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her Duck Confit. Deserts were delicious as well. The service was friendly and managed to be attentive but unobtrusive. Definitely a restaurant that I would become a regular at, if I didn't live in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Lovely restaurant with a Mediterran flair. Wonderful salads and the service is outstanding. Highly recommend any of the salad selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime experiencePabloVIPDined on 8/22/2014Best dinner out in key west. Go here. Order the tuna appetizer. Sit outside, near the fake pond. Sing with the frog. He sings back.Special Features:
- DisappointingVeggieloverVIPDined on 8/22/2014Every dish was less than perfect. Bronzino was overbooked and server didn't bone it well. Cooked Grouper was served on top of cold potato salad- a warm accompaniment would have been much better. Raw Oyster appetizer should have been icy cold but was warm. The atmosphere was lovely; wish the food was as good!Special Features:
- Best gnocci everKMSchaefDined on 8/21/2014The food here was amazing! From the appetizer to dessert each bite was wonderful! I am a lover of gnocci and always order it when it see it in a menu. This was honestly the best gnocci I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you can have breakfast at lunch!liz33VIPDined on 8/18/2014You have to love a restaurant that offers breakfast items past noon! Just saying.Special Features:
- wrong pickakaiaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Salads were good as was service, but our fish entrees were not attractive or tasty. Snapper was swimming in butter.
- With chef owners, it's a win-winliz33VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always enjoy the food, service, ambience. creative, thoughtful well prepared food is what you want when you go out, or you could stay home and make yourself something to eat. It's nice to know they use great ingredients, and do it right.Special Features:
- HIDDEN GEMStankoDined on 8/5/2014Outstanding food, knowledgeable staff are the overriding observations. The tuna app was butter — it really did melt in your mouth.Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Azur reviews archive.
- Delicious BrunchKeyWestLocalDined on 7/20/2014This was my first visit to Azur for brunch. I've been there plenty of times for lunch and dinner; the food and service was always superb. Brunch was no different. Will be choosing Azur in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect ExperienceLisaaLisaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Azur is a Gem. The restaurant is situated in a house on a quiet street. The wait staff was spot on, friendly, attentive and informative. The food was perfect! Each dish filled with finely prepared with just the right amount of spice and flavor. The Gravlox and potato croquettes were out of this world as was the octopus. The salad and goat cheese was fabulous. For main dishes we had mushroom gnoochi, a chicken dish and I never order chicken....I will dream about this chicken, and lamb which was stellar! Just go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Key West GemFoodluverDined on 7/10/2014We saved this restaurant for a night out without the children. It is very intimate with indoor and outdoor dining. Dinner did not disappoint. The staff was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable - we did not wait for anything. All suggestions were perfect. We started with the Pulpo (char-grilled octopus) and it was delicious. The lamb was very good and the Osso Bucco was amazingly tender and mouth watering. We will be back - what a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentKWolfDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy dining at Azur. The food and service are always excellent and at a reasonable price. My last meal was Sunday brunch and I ordered the crab cakes Benedict. Each part of this was tasty and done right especially the crab cake which had very little binder and was mostly crab. The poached eggs were done to perfection as was the Hollandaise sauce. Azur is located in old town Key West in a quiet and charming neighborhood. I've eaten lunch, brunch and dinner at Azur and it was always an enjoyable experience. The only fault I have are the acoustics which make dining inside very noisy, especially if there is a large group celebrating as there was this past Sunday. The hostess however, did seat us as far away as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchLocalKWDined on 6/30/2014We were surprised to find Azur almost empty at lunchtime. We enjoyed small dishes from their $6 menu and had plenty to eat. There was a leak in the ceiling over my companion's side of the table. It only dripped once. Otherwise we would have changed tables. But we were always waiting for the next drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, so-so foodmallory1212Dined on 6/26/2014Our waitress was phenomenal - accommodating a few requests and booking it from one end of the place to the other. The menu was pretty limited, for lunch anyway, and it was only OK. Restaurant also has odd acoustics - one about of laughter from a nearby table and I couldn't hear my husband talking tight next to me.Special Features:
- Key lime French toast.. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our group if 9 walked to the location. The weather was quite warm, so our server had ice water waiting upon our arrival and to go cups for the return trip home. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseKeyWestgirlsDined on 6/5/2014We had a a wonderful meal at Azur. The snapper and chicken were delightful and the lavender creme brûlée was the perfect finish. The wine list tremendous. It was a hidden gem right in the middle of our old town neighborhood. As we are in Key West for the month, we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerhunt1021Dined on 6/4/2014The food and service was great. The restaurant was a little dead, not sure why. We enjoyed our dinner and the outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azur never disappoints!DiningKeyWestDined on 5/31/2014As someone who lives in Key West, it's easy to find your favorite places in a rut with regard to the menu. Not at Azur! It's a delight to dine inside or out. The chef continues to innovate and the service is impeccable. The specials, the octopus, the care, the love that obviously goes into the menu. It reminds me of the scene from Big Night where one of the guests says this is so $&@?/&$ good I should kill you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Patio DiningL2B2Dined on 5/24/2014The food was delicious, the atmosphere relaxed yet elegant and the setting romantic. We had a lovely time and look forward to many more at Azur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysKWGuyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Azur is consistently good though admittedly, I mostly eat brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/22/2014We are visiting from NC and found this spot on open table. The food was excellent; we had the seafood combo of mussels, clams, scallops, with gnocchi and also the snapper. Our server was very informative and excited about sharing his knowledge and the food with us. We got the flour-less chocolate cake which was delicious. We sat inside in the blue dining room which was quaint and serene. The porch outside is beautifully lit and would be another great place to dine. We will definitely be back on our next trip!Special Features:
- Unexpected gem515ttDined on 5/16/2014I have been coming to key west over the last 15 yrs. I have tried many different more higher end eateries. This was my first time eating here. This place will become one of my regulars. The ambiance was perfect. Very relaxing. We were immediately taken to it table. The wait staff was spot and and friendly. Helped with the menu selections and Very knowledgeable about the selections. I never felt rushed. The food was supurb. I had the grilled grouper special and pulpo appetizer. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure!GingerDined on 5/16/2014Every year we visit Key West and we have our favorite restaurants, so it is sometimes difficult to try something new. This year we tried Azur and must say we'll be back next year. The food was fresh and delicious! My "meat and potatoes" brother-in-law hesitated to try Azur; however, he ordered the Angus Rib Eye and was very pleased. I am both gluten and dairy intolerant and found many dishes on the menu I could eat without too many adjustments. The Walnut Filled Eggplant was delicious, and sweet enough to count as dessert! The Mussels were ok, but a little too big and chewy for my liking - and the only reason I gave the food a 4-star rating. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with Azur, since the service and ambience are 5-star!Special Features:
- Always Great Food & SeviceREDSTOREVIPDined on 5/15/2014If we want guaranteed great food and service away from the maddening crowd we head to Azur. Fresh Grouper specials are creatively prepared. Handmade Gnochi is some of best anywhere. All of the staff is welcoming and knowledgable. Can't miss with this choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFreddyVIPDined on 5/11/2014The reception was casual almost slovenly. The waiter declined to give us a table outside even though as it turned out, there were unoccupied tables outside for as long as we dined. The wait for food was interminable. Our waiter Joshua was a pleasant young guy who was eager to please, but the kitchen took its sweet time. This is not typical of Azur as I eat there once or twice a month year round.
- Wonderful dinnerJulieandGreg1Dined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed a great dinner last week at Azur. We split the Frisée salad which was plenty for two. It was very refreshing with a slight twist to an old stand by. Highly recommend it. The carpaccio special was tuna when we were there. The fish was so fresh and perfectly marinated,I could have ordered another serving to make an entire meal of it. My husband had the snapper, and I had the duck. Both were very good and well portioned. We ate outside which was pleasant and romantic the night we were there. Between the food, service and ambience, we felt Azur was a great value for the price.Special Features:
- fantasticelladcDined on 5/3/2014We had such a wonderful experience there! The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. We were not rushed and enjoyed sitting outside I had been been eaten up by bugs sitting outside at our hotel and our kind server offered some Benadryl :). We will go backnext time we go to Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Chose Azur for my birthday dinner while on vacation in Key West. Liked the ambiance, the date small dish appetizer, the wine and the pecan honey tart for dessert. My main course of gnocchi was a tad odd for my taste and I didn't like the surprise salmon on my other appetizer. The waiter was ok but seemed much more interested in the wedding party in the same room. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to friends especially if they eat meat and seafood. I don't eat either, but would probably still go back, maybe for the interesting Sunday brunch they offer.Special Features:
- Great foodwarrenDined on 4/27/2014I must admit we were very pleased with the food the service and the resturant was truly amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azur Pleasure1limeyDined on 4/20/2014What a great restaurant, great service, great food, great ambience. Highly recommended, expensive but worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummydaveDined on 4/20/2014Key lime french toast was great and the outside room with the water wall and plants a nice touch.Special Features: