AZUR Restaurant & Patio
3070 Lakecrest Circle
Lexington, KY 40513Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
AZUR Restaurant & Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azurrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8592961007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Ashby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: During fair weather, musicians entertain our guests with a variety of music including blues, pop, Motown, jazz and classical on Friday and Saturday evenings. AZUR has also been known to present talent from outside the area when the opportunity presents itself. These performers are on the rise on a national level.
- Special Events: In addition to live music on Friday and Saturday nights, AZUR offers the Chef Series specialty dinners each month that showcase the creativity of our culinary team as well as food trends.
A word from AZUR Restaurant & Patio
AZUR restaurant & patio was designed after European establishments providing the feel of being in a different place without leaving Lexington. Customers often comment that they don’t feel like they’re in a strip center in Lexington. The walls are bold blues and greens with curves throughout. The interior space flows outside through three sets of French doors onto the elegant stone bordered brick patio. Weather permitting, the patio is opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
AZUR Restaurant & Patio - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
AZUR Restaurant & Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (26)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food- questionable serviceSpecialNight229VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had not been to Azur for a while so I thought we would try going. When we were finally seated we waited for our waitress for over 15min just to great us. While people who came after us were already being served their drinks and being told about the dinner specials . This is an issue for me, maybe I'm just impatientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentation. Fresh foodSmwlexDined on 9/5/2014Modern space. Busy with suburban scene; what appeared to be regulars. Every item is presented as masterpiece. Most tasted good but just under 5 star. Much better than average. This is a gem for dining away from lex downtown spots of equal level. Patio is covered and a large area for seating thee as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!kykatDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a birthday and both had the superfood salad with salmon. It was perfect! We split the blood orange crème brûlée which they brought out with a birthday candle in a small bowl of mint-honey-sweetened blueberries -- also perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening at Azur!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014When you combine excellent food & drink with friends, you cannot beat the result. Azur delivers yet again! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire patio is smokingNjcknameDined on 8/18/2014Food was great!! Unfortunately the entire patio is smoking. So no sitting outside on their great patio for us.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kentucky Fesh and CreativeJJNilesDined on 8/13/2014Azur dining in the summer makes the most of Kentucky fresh produce and products and combines them in innovative ways. We enjoyed the dining experience outside, though we were pretty well smoked as much as the barbecue and the wood-fired pizzas from the smoker just outside the patio. The introductory Sazerac cocktail was redolent of New Orleans, my ceviche of shrimp and scallops was outstanding and fresh with terrific corn chips as a vehicle. The wood-fired pizza turned out a great, crisp crust, with innovative toppings bound by a delicious smoky essence. All three of us enjoyed our meals--pork belly three ways and gnocchi. The meal was a grand way to celebrate a family event in fine style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paperboyDined on 8/5/2014Overall, my experience was very good. The service itself was good, but the kitchen seems to be slower than other restaurants in the area. I enjoy the location, the atmosphere, and would come back again.Special Features:
- Great chef, great servicekyactorDined on 8/1/2014We went for a restaurant week dinner, and what a bargain it was! My husband had the fried chicken (the only offered entree), but since I don't eat chicken, I asked for a veggie plate or a small seafood option. Out came 2 gorgeous seared scallops and a summer salad of yellow squash, melon, mango, and peppers. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week StandoutLexFoodieDined on 7/31/2014All four of us had the restaurant week menu - lobster crepe, fried chicken, and Nutella brownie. Delicious all around and a perfect night on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Nite Outjt0243Dined on 7/26/2014I visit many restaurants in the region and this on ranks among the top ones in all categories. The food prep is excellent. However, I would prefer that the chef would add more of a California touch to his dishes to lighten the calories. We ordered the bourbon fried chicken which was excellent. The gravy on the mashed potatoes was to die for. The filet was excellent but served with the mashed potatoes was somewhat of a disappointment. A more creative option would have been roasted Yukon potatoes with onion/garlic. Service was excellent despite a large crowd.Special Features:
- Very experiencetlittlelexDined on 7/25/2014We've been to Azur on many occasions over the years. The food (particularly the bourbon chicken) is typically very good. Service is a bit unpredictable. The bar drinks were well prepared and the wine was reasonably priced. On this occasion, our server was very attentive, helpful, pleasant and professional. We went during Lexington Dining-Out Week (or something like that) and the special $25 menu was really a great value. It can be a bit noisy at Azur, but we got a booth that masked much of the sound, so that made it even better.Special Features:
- Cortona44Dined on 7/20/2014Food was innovative for the locale and reasonably well executed, if slightly over-priced. Presentation enhanced the food and the experience, and service was friendly, informative and efficient. Attendance was low when we dined; it would be interesting to see how more customers might affect the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceAsattDined on 7/12/2014The food here was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice, as well. The service was less than desirable. Our waitress was not very attentive. We also heard our waitress complaining about our group when one of us went to the bathroom. She was complaining that we ordered a second round of drinks.Special Features:
- Surprisingly great for a strip mallSkepticalWVDined on 7/5/2014Found this place when invited to brunch by a friend and loved it, had been anxious to go back and try dinner, finally did and very pleased. Delicious and inventive locavore food, especially nice for a strip mall in Lexington KY. Haven't been to alot of places there but seems to be one of the best for foodies in town. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealmagda13Dined on 7/5/2014Five of us had a delicious meal here -- a vegetarian, a carnivore, someone who was allergic to fish but not shellfish, someone who was allergic to shellfish but not fish. As you can guess, the menu has a lot of variety, and everything was delicious. Our server recommended two wonderful wines and the cocktails were also great. Service was wonderful. The only minor complaint was that the live music, though wonderful, was a bit too loud. It was hard to talk when they were playing. Also, the patio is beautiful.Special Features:
- Consistently On TopChadVIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a fantastic dining experience!! The pretzel crusted oysters, heirloom tomato salad and the scallops were superb and one couldn't ask for better service.....so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014This restaurant initially seemed like it was going to be really good, but my entree salad was really disappoint. I felt like it could have been good if they had just done a few things differently in preparation. The worst thing was the service. Our waitress wasn't rude, but she wasn't really friendly and VERY slow. We got annoyed by the fact that we would talk to her and she would give us one word answers and we even tried to make her smile once and she just looked awkward and walked away. Should not be in the service industry. The restaurant looked dated (from the 90's) and was in a strip mall. I wouldn't really recommend it.
- Good mealNoniDined on 6/7/2014Service was excellent and the food was very good. Dining out in the patio was great. The only bad thing was that Chrome lost the race😢Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KukulcanDined on 5/31/2014Open Table reservation for outdoor seating was NOT honored until we complained a bit -- there were 3 tables open on the patio, but we were given one near the outdoor oven and noisy fan. Soft shell crab appetizer was delightful. Special mahi-mahi entrée was overcooked. We like Azur very much and will certainly return, although this visit was not a stellar experience.
- LuvWineVIPDined on 5/27/2014A Lexington gem! Food consistently good. Becoming a Lexington tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the AZUR Restaurant & Patio reviews archive.
- Grade: B-zacwbondDined on 5/11/2014Our burrata appetizer was great, as were the "superfood" salads. Unfortunately, my wife's mozzarella chicken was raw in the center, and my tilefish filet had three sharp pin bones which I had to dig out of my mouth. The restaurant was kind enough to comp my wife's raw chicken, but no one cared about my pin bones. We also got a free dessert: salted caramel monkey bread pudding with butterscotch ice cream. I thought it was good, but didn't live up to its name. As monkey bread it was rich and buttery, but I didn't detect any salted caramel, and it bore no relationship to a bread pudding. The ice cream was good but more vanilla than butterscotch. Overall, a disappointing anniversary dinner at what was once a favorite place.
- NjoyfoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day menu was outstanding. The French toast was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soKCHHHDined on 5/9/2014Expected more, but it did not deliver. We are from California, so maybe I expect more. Scallops underdone with no color (channeling Gordon Ramsey), gnocchi delish but the sauce was vinegary and weird, baked mozzarella served with 3 pieces of bread , not nearly enough for the serving. Everything just slightly off. Disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeallikesfoodbutischeapDined on 5/9/2014This was my second visit to Azur and the food was just as good as the last time. Atmosphere was great for date night. The only thing I didn't like was the price. $100 for 2 people and we didn't even drink. Because of this, I will be back, but not too soon.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBiggieDined on 5/9/2014We had a party of four all with different entrees. They all we excellent. If you like bourbon the selection is great. My son had the gnocchi and it was the best I've ever tasted. A MUST if you are in Lex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014As usual, Azur provided a lovely place to have a great meal with friends. The menu caters to people with varying tastes and appetites and each and every plate looks like a piece of art. So nice to have the "artwork" taste even better than it looks.Special Features:
- PitifulRocketgirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014Overpriced. Ok food but nothing special. We won't be back.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceBozOzlerDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the meal. She had mozzarella chicken and I had NY Strip. Steak was a tad overcooked but otherwise fantastic. Waitress was less than attentive, however. We had a booth inside and two times she apologized for our long waits for having to take care of other tables outside on the patio. We'll definitely return, especially for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food A--Wine/bar prices too high!Luv2dineVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our meal was delicious with excellent presentation and good service. However, the wine and bar prices were $1-2 more than other restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Average Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/25/2014Reservation did not allow for choice of patio. Upon arrival was told the entire patio was booked although no one was seated there (apparantly a private party). Restaurant interior ambience is that of a fast food atmosphere with metal chairs and tables. Food varied from very good for fried chicken to average at best for steak.Special Features:
- Noisy but funLexingtonFoodie1Dined on 4/19/2014We loved the restaurant and the food. It was quite noisy with the music coming from the patio. But it's very lively and fun/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- imaginative menu, pulled off wellAlmondDined on 4/18/2014My daughter is a UK student and I'm from a big city and a foodie. I'm often disappointed by the restaurants in Lexington. No more! I have the place to go, Azur. We went there two nights in a row. The food is great. Really imaginative menu, showcasing local ingredients but not wedded to the whole "farm to table" idea. We had a problem with slow and inattentive service the first night but our waitress on the second night was great. Portions are generous. You could easily share the salads. Cocktails were good as well. They have patio dining with live music on the weekends. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Girl dinner funBeachvacaybabeVIPDined on 4/12/2014Went to Azur to celebrate a 50th bday with a group of girlfriends. Had very good service. They were a bit backed up due to Keeneland races but we were having fun and didn't care. The food was great and the ambience was also good. Glad the music was moved from between outside/inside to outside the patio. It was too loud the last time we were there.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereFoodieDined on 4/12/2014Met family and friends for dinner on lower patio and had a great time. The food was delicious and I highly recommend the fried chicken.Special Features:
- Great food at an okay priceCaptainGelatinDined on 4/12/2014We visited Azur for the first time this weekend. It was a Keeneland day, so we went early to beat the rush. There was a band setting up to play, but we left before they started. The food was fantastic. I had some of the best mushrooms I have ever had. They were a side on my pork chop dish. The pork was very tender and well spiced. My wife had a salad which was tremendous and the margarita pizza. She wishes the sauce was spicier on the pizza. Our only "complaint" was the price. Was the food worth the price? Yes, but that's because the food was that good. Noting the clientele, these are people who don't flinch at $30+ for an entree. I'd be back in a heartbeat in the prices came down a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surprise nearOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2014A very pleasant surprise near our hotel with friendly and competent servers and first rate menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AFTER THE RACESSIGMANVIPDined on 4/5/2014We visited Azur following a day at Keeneland and enjoyed wonderful, creative food, excellent service,and pleasant dining music. We loved it all and were even able to continue our conversation with our friends to the gentle strumming of the two guitars of DJ Rice. The dress code is casual and the mood is welcoming; Bravo!!!!Special Features:
- One of my FavsBlackpondVIPDined on 3/19/2014I am a foodie and eat out a lot on business trips, so I eat at many great restaurants around the country, and this is one of my favorites. Chef Jeremy Ashby is a friggin genius. The menu is always fresh, exciting, creative and delicious. They have a great patio with a pizza oven which makes this an awesome place for outdoor dining and excellent Italian style pizzas (when the weather is nice). My only complaint is that they allow smoking on the patio, which can ruin what would otherwise be a perfect outdoor dining experience. Fortunately, the patio area is large enough that I can usually get a table away from any smokers. I am hoping they will change this outdated policy, as no foodie wants to taste cigarettes with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was very good. ThesunshineDined on 3/1/2014the food was very good. The service was slow to start. We had our menus for quite a while, however once we ordered things rolled along great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFirsttimerDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I and another couple tried this restaurant on a Friday night with great expectations, however we were disappointed in the food quality and delivery. The service was good and friendly, however this did not offset out disappointment with the food. My asian salmon was nice but not special. My wife's pork tenderloin was average at best with no flavor and undercooked, My friend's beef filet was cold. Overall you will be better served to dine in Lexington at a spot such as Cole's, Sabio, or Bella NotteSpecial Features: