AZUR Restaurant & Patio
3070 Lakecrest Circle
Lexington, KY 40513Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
AZUR Restaurant & Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azurrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (859) 296-1007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Ashby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: During fair weather, musicians entertain our guests with a variety of music including blues, pop, Motown, jazz and classical on Friday and Saturday evenings. AZUR has also been known to present talent from outside the area when the opportunity presents itself. These performers are on the rise on a national level.
- Special Events: In addition to live music on Friday and Saturday nights, AZUR offers the Chef Series specialty dinners each month that showcase the creativity of our culinary team as well as food trends.
A word from AZUR Restaurant & Patio
AZUR restaurant & patio was designed after European establishments providing the feel of being in a different place without leaving Lexington. Customers often comment that they don’t feel like they’re in a strip center in Lexington. The walls are bold blues and greens with curves throughout. The interior space flows outside through three sets of French doors onto the elegant stone bordered brick patio. Weather permitting, the patio is opened.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
AZUR Restaurant & Patio - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
AZUR Restaurant & Patio reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (25)romantic (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- I ordered the Ono, it was over cooked. Too pricey.Familyof4Dined on 11/16/2014The server was very good, very friendly. The menu offered truly unique dishes.
- Bummed by smokeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014A group of six of us were savoring every bite on the patio until cigar and cigarette smoke ruined our evening of perfect weather and meal. Not one of us even considered staying for dessert.Special Features:
- Always Consistent, Always SatisfiediamcstevensonDined on 10/25/2014On this occasion we were entertaining guests from out of town (Virginia) for the first time and as usual, everything about the experience was stellar. From our server Hannah, to getting a quick chat with Jeremy and his wife Melissa, to the delicious apps, entree's and drinks, this place never disappoints. Included this time were the truffle fries and pretzel crusted oysters (OUTSTANDING), woven shrimp and mozzarella chicken(both excellent) and the amazing Lamb Shank special! Any time of year, Azur offers the same, controlled and easy fine dining experience. Truly a gem of the Lexington eating scene.Special Features:
- Family affairLive2Eat17Dined on 10/24/2014I had family in town for a cousin's wedding so we went to dinner the night before at Azur. We all had a great time! The only issue of the evening was that my elderly uncle was not a fan of how "foodie" the menu was, but everyone else was. Good place if you have a sophisticated palate, however if you have a picky eater they may have a hard time finding something. The rest of us will definitely be back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return!otterladyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ate dinner here Friday night after the races at Keeneland. Service, when we arrived, was prompt and friendly. We ordered and got our salads and drinks quickly. But, after that, our server did not return. She had been given a table of 13 plus at least one more table and she was just too busy to check on us. Another server did bring our meals and finally our check. In addition, the patio doors were open and there was a table of at least eight men smoking cigars right by the doors. The smell inside the dining room was awful! We knew smoking was allowed out there and that the doors might be open, however, rarely do restaurants allow cigar smoking where dining is taking place. As we were leaving, they closed the doors. Too late!
- Great Patio ExperienceAnonymousDined on 10/17/2014My sister was visiting from out of town and I wanted to show her the best that Lexington has to offer. AZUR did not disappoint. The wine list was great, the food was amazing, and the service was prompt. I love that the menu is always fresh and inspired by seasonal ingredients. We were able to sit out on the patio and enjoy live music, which I'm usually very hesitant about, but the musician kept it at a low level so that I was still able to carry on a conversation. Our only complaint would be the guy standing at the bar letting his cigarette smoke blow right in our faces, but hey, that's Kentucky. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hueyDined on 10/16/2014Josh our waiter was very good. Server brought out 2 lobster crepes as an app (on the house). They were delicious. Bourbon fried chicken was outstanding.
- Bad Night?mrmackDined on 10/11/2014We have visited Azur a couple of times before and we really enjoyed it. However, on this particular night, our return visit did not live up to the previous experiences. The service we received was poor. At one point, we went almost 25 minutes without even seeing our server. My meal was good but my girlfriend was disappointed with her's. Unfortunately, based on this latest experience, we won't return anytime soon.
- dinnervisitorDined on 10/10/2014When the food reached the table it was hard to recognize what it was........just too much stuff mixed together.
- Good timeJz40Dined on 10/10/2014Food was good. A bit pricey for everyday. Overall good experience. Wine list could use an update. Waiter needs more training for fine dining. Hostess almost told us our table was not ready when reservations were made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014I've been to Azur several times. Mainly because it's close to the hotel where our out of town visitors stay. For the money, there are several other places in town and Midway that are better. However, for a raining night, the convenience wins out and it's on my expense account so I'm not paying for it. My guest did think the Duck was excellent. My filet wasn't. For $38, I expect prime beef, or at least Angus. It wasn't.Special Features:
- Always great food & great times!!JudyP013VIPDined on 9/27/2014Azur is always a great place to eat with friends & family!!!!Great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- questionable serviceSpecialNight229VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had not been to Azur for a while so I thought we would try going. When we were finally seated we waited for our waitress for over 15min just to great us. While people who came after us were already being served their drinks and being told about the dinner specials . This is an issue for me, maybe I'm just impatientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentation. Fresh foodSmwlexDined on 9/5/2014Modern space. Busy with suburban scene; what appeared to be regulars. Every item is presented as masterpiece. Most tasted good but just under 5 star. Much better than average. This is a gem for dining away from lex downtown spots of equal level. Patio is covered and a large area for seating thee as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!kykatVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a birthday and both had the superfood salad with salmon. It was perfect! We split the blood orange crème brûlée which they brought out with a birthday candle in a small bowl of mint-honey-sweetened blueberries -- also perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening at Azur!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014When you combine excellent food & drink with friends, you cannot beat the result. Azur delivers yet again! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire patio is smokingNjcknameDined on 8/18/2014Food was great!! Unfortunately the entire patio is smoking. So no sitting outside on their great patio for us.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kentucky Fesh and CreativeJJNilesDined on 8/13/2014Azur dining in the summer makes the most of Kentucky fresh produce and products and combines them in innovative ways. We enjoyed the dining experience outside, though we were pretty well smoked as much as the barbecue and the wood-fired pizzas from the smoker just outside the patio. The introductory Sazerac cocktail was redolent of New Orleans, my ceviche of shrimp and scallops was outstanding and fresh with terrific corn chips as a vehicle. The wood-fired pizza turned out a great, crisp crust, with innovative toppings bound by a delicious smoky essence. All three of us enjoyed our meals--pork belly three ways and gnocchi. The meal was a grand way to celebrate a family event in fine style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paperboyDined on 8/5/2014Overall, my experience was very good. The service itself was good, but the kitchen seems to be slower than other restaurants in the area. I enjoy the location, the atmosphere, and would come back again.Special Features:
- Great chef, great servicekyactorDined on 8/1/2014We went for a restaurant week dinner, and what a bargain it was! My husband had the fried chicken (the only offered entree), but since I don't eat chicken, I asked for a veggie plate or a small seafood option. Out came 2 gorgeous seared scallops and a summer salad of yellow squash, melon, mango, and peppers. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week StandoutLexFoodieDined on 7/31/2014All four of us had the restaurant week menu - lobster crepe, fried chicken, and Nutella brownie. Delicious all around and a perfect night on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the AZUR Restaurant & Patio reviews archive.
- Our Nite Outjt0243Dined on 7/26/2014I visit many restaurants in the region and this on ranks among the top ones in all categories. The food prep is excellent. However, I would prefer that the chef would add more of a California touch to his dishes to lighten the calories. We ordered the bourbon fried chicken which was excellent. The gravy on the mashed potatoes was to die for. The filet was excellent but served with the mashed potatoes was somewhat of a disappointment. A more creative option would have been roasted Yukon potatoes with onion/garlic. Service was excellent despite a large crowd.Special Features:
- Very experiencetlittlelexDined on 7/25/2014We've been to Azur on many occasions over the years. The food (particularly the bourbon chicken) is typically very good. Service is a bit unpredictable. The bar drinks were well prepared and the wine was reasonably priced. On this occasion, our server was very attentive, helpful, pleasant and professional. We went during Lexington Dining-Out Week (or something like that) and the special $25 menu was really a great value. It can be a bit noisy at Azur, but we got a booth that masked much of the sound, so that made it even better.Special Features:
- Cortona44Dined on 7/20/2014Food was innovative for the locale and reasonably well executed, if slightly over-priced. Presentation enhanced the food and the experience, and service was friendly, informative and efficient. Attendance was low when we dined; it would be interesting to see how more customers might affect the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceAsattDined on 7/12/2014The food here was very good. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice, as well. The service was less than desirable. Our waitress was not very attentive. We also heard our waitress complaining about our group when one of us went to the bathroom. She was complaining that we ordered a second round of drinks.Special Features:
- Surprisingly great for a strip mallSkepticalWVDined on 7/5/2014Found this place when invited to brunch by a friend and loved it, had been anxious to go back and try dinner, finally did and very pleased. Delicious and inventive locavore food, especially nice for a strip mall in Lexington KY. Haven't been to alot of places there but seems to be one of the best for foodies in town. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealmagda13Dined on 7/5/2014Five of us had a delicious meal here -- a vegetarian, a carnivore, someone who was allergic to fish but not shellfish, someone who was allergic to shellfish but not fish. As you can guess, the menu has a lot of variety, and everything was delicious. Our server recommended two wonderful wines and the cocktails were also great. Service was wonderful. The only minor complaint was that the live music, though wonderful, was a bit too loud. It was hard to talk when they were playing. Also, the patio is beautiful.Special Features:
- Azur is okkaseyDined on 7/5/2014Azure has a great look and a nice patio. The service can be very slow. The food is ok but very expensive for what you get. I like it better for lunch. It is a nice place to have a drink.Special Features:
- Consistently On TopChadVIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a fantastic dining experience!! The pretzel crusted oysters, heirloom tomato salad and the scallops were superb and one couldn't ask for better service.....so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014This restaurant initially seemed like it was going to be really good, but my entree salad was really disappoint. I felt like it could have been good if they had just done a few things differently in preparation. The worst thing was the service. Our waitress wasn't rude, but she wasn't really friendly and VERY slow. We got annoyed by the fact that we would talk to her and she would give us one word answers and we even tried to make her smile once and she just looked awkward and walked away. Should not be in the service industry. The restaurant looked dated (from the 90's) and was in a strip mall. I wouldn't really recommend it.
- Good mealNoniDined on 6/7/2014Service was excellent and the food was very good. Dining out in the patio was great. The only bad thing was that Chrome lost the race😢Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KukulcanDined on 5/31/2014Open Table reservation for outdoor seating was NOT honored until we complained a bit -- there were 3 tables open on the patio, but we were given one near the outdoor oven and noisy fan. Soft shell crab appetizer was delightful. Special mahi-mahi entrée was overcooked. We like Azur very much and will certainly return, although this visit was not a stellar experience.
- LuvWineVIPDined on 5/27/2014A Lexington gem! Food consistently good. Becoming a Lexington tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade: B-zacwbondDined on 5/11/2014Our burrata appetizer was great, as were the "superfood" salads. Unfortunately, my wife's mozzarella chicken was raw in the center, and my tilefish filet had three sharp pin bones which I had to dig out of my mouth. The restaurant was kind enough to comp my wife's raw chicken, but no one cared about my pin bones. We also got a free dessert: salted caramel monkey bread pudding with butterscotch ice cream. I thought it was good, but didn't live up to its name. As monkey bread it was rich and buttery, but I didn't detect any salted caramel, and it bore no relationship to a bread pudding. The ice cream was good but more vanilla than butterscotch. Overall, a disappointing anniversary dinner at what was once a favorite place.
- NjoyfoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day menu was outstanding. The French toast was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soKCHHHDined on 5/9/2014Expected more, but it did not deliver. We are from California, so maybe I expect more. Scallops underdone with no color (channeling Gordon Ramsey), gnocchi delish but the sauce was vinegary and weird, baked mozzarella served with 3 pieces of bread , not nearly enough for the serving. Everything just slightly off. Disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MeallikesfoodbutischeapDined on 5/9/2014This was my second visit to Azur and the food was just as good as the last time. Atmosphere was great for date night. The only thing I didn't like was the price. $100 for 2 people and we didn't even drink. Because of this, I will be back, but not too soon.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBiggieDined on 5/9/2014We had a party of four all with different entrees. They all we excellent. If you like bourbon the selection is great. My son had the gnocchi and it was the best I've ever tasted. A MUST if you are in Lex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014As usual, Azur provided a lovely place to have a great meal with friends. The menu caters to people with varying tastes and appetites and each and every plate looks like a piece of art. So nice to have the "artwork" taste even better than it looks.Special Features:
- PitifulRocketgirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014Overpriced. Ok food but nothing special. We won't be back.