Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
500 Brickell Key Drive
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami
- Phone: 3059138358x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Tuesday to Saturday 6:30pm - 11:00pm
Dinner Tuesday to Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
Set in a high-energy atmosphere with stunning views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline, Azul restaurant is the city's most acclaimed fine dining experience. The award winning restaurant features sophisticated and eclectic French cuisine with Asian influences, perfectly complemented by an extensive wine program offering several hundred world-class wines. Floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides envelop the senses, ensuring all diners are treated to dramatic bay and city views. The cuisine is complemented by an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)scenic view (74)romantic (72)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/18/2014We haven't been back to Azul in years and while in town decided to go back. Food was terrific. From the Tuna Poke appetizer to the risotto to the short ribs all excellent. Service was simply top notch. Brent and Carlos worked with us and the service included some entertainment as well. Very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking advantageExperimentingfoodieDined on 9/16/2014Miami Spice certainly offers the opportunity to try restaurants you would not normally visit. I am not going to dissect every aspect of food, etc as previous reviewers did - suffice to say this is a luxury hotel chain with restaurants and prices to match and you expect to pay for that and the obvious quality of food and expertise of the staff. They do not disappoint! Their Miami Spice menu is limited, but is from their regular menu and though portions are small, they are superb and leave you room to indulge in the wonderful, continuous bread offerings. Dessert is followed by a 'cookie' tray and a gift of biscotti for the ladies. Take a tranquilizer before reading the wine list! The highlight is the service - they get that 100% right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience and ServiceKMCNFMDined on 9/13/2014Had a great table overlooking the water. I had the Miami Spice menu- a Vichyssoise to start, the Pink Shrimp Risotto as my entree (perfectly cooked and flavorful), and finished it off with the Chocolate Pecan dessert, which I liked. My wife started with the Tuna Poke, which she really enjoyed. For her entree, she had the Turbot, that was just OK- it was a light fish, but was nothing special, and then finished with the Passion Fruit dessert, which was very good. What stood out most was the absolutely fantastic service from our waiter Brent. Attentive without being overbearing, he made great food & wine recommendations and had a great personality. One of the best, if not the best, waiter we have ever had in all of our years of fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing dinningMouvielleVIPDined on 9/13/2014the service is top notch,claudio was amazing made us feel special and taken care of. The food is delicious,will return for another wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMarine4LifeDined on 9/12/2014The time in between food was longer that expected. The restaurant was not crowded and the we have have to wait morea that 2o minutes between meals appetizer, Main Course then Dessert. The Miami Spice Menu was good, but very smalll portions as well. Other than that the servers were very friendly from the moment we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Staff was extremely attentive and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Memorable ServiceJacobDined on 9/6/2014Our dining guides were warm and knowledgeable. We selected the Miami Spice menu. Our party of 4 tried all the options between us. Vichyssoise needed a bit of salt, tartare was on point,and tomato dish needed one more element to bring it to the level of the other 2. For the entrees, the shrimp was perfect but a small portion, the salmon was excellent,the pork needed a bit more moisture in the pasta but very tasty. The breads were as good as the best we have had in Paris. All 3 desserts were fab. Meal was preceded by a scallop amuse bouche and completed by a selection of cookies at no extra charge.Lovely touches that delighted out party.And the ladies were sent home with a little pouch of biscotti.Best Miami Spice experience to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short but AMAZINGBryanDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful, romantic, quiet and delicious. Absolutely worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice visitFoodieSuzDined on 9/5/2014We came to check out Miami Spice at Azul. It was our first time & enjoyed the ambiance & service. The menu had some good options however the portion sizes were extremely small. I had the tomato salad which was unique & tasty. I ordered the shrimp risotto for my entree & was not impressed. The risotto was undercooked & almost soupy & was smaller than a cup of soup. Dessert was good but nothing I will crave to have again. Overall it wasn't worth the money.Special Features:
- Nice view, good waiters, small dishReviewer123Dined on 9/5/2014Impressive with a beautiful view. The service staff are absolutely first-rate. Good start with a great bread selection and a tasty amuse-bouche. The steak tatare appetizer was also delicious. The main course salmon and pork with pasta dishes were not as good, however, and they were simply much too small. The fried pork total could not have been more than 3 ounces mixed into some tough pasta and the salmon was about 5 ounces. The desserts were very nice, however. When you include a bottle of wine at about $50 minimum and $26 valet parking (you pay $13 after validation), plus a tip for the waiter and the parking staff, this is not an inexpensive dinner. A standard sizes main course would be expected at these prices.Special Features:
- Azul is CoolnatfoodieDined on 9/4/2014Excellent service and gorgeous views of Biscayne Bay. Very stylish interior and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food kOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014View are amazing!!! service was fantastic, food need more flavor and less presentation.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014You get what you pay for, and in this case, the high prices are commensurate with the culinary experience and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding service &great ambiencePrestonDined on 8/28/2014The service was exceptional from the hostess, maitre, chef, server waiter and assistants! The ambience is breathtaking! The food presentation is exquisite. However, we did Miami Spice and the portion of my seafood risotto was super tiny! It reminded me of a small appetizer! It was tasteful but shameful as a main course. Caleb our server and Gio were very friendly and accommodating. My husband is gluten sensitive and Caleb spoke to the dessert chef and he received an exquisite dessert! He was thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentSparkDined on 8/26/2014i haven't been to that place for couple of years, booked a head and invited friends from London, i told them that during Miami spice we have great option to try places with moderate price, unfortunately my first disappointment was that Miami spice menu was more then mediocre and my guests have to send some dishes back, some guest have to choose from the regular menu list, entree meat for $57 was dry and slightly over cooked, but at the end the biggest embarrassment i went through was (my guest wanted to pay the bill however) when BILL came it was a unpleasant surprise of being overcharged, we had wine but one person had a glass of Champagne for $37, in the bill has a charge of two glasses instead of one, my guests were shocked. beware!
- Azul - Left us Feeling BlueOutwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, our waiter was pleasant, funny and attentive. The food however, was very disappointing. My portion was sufficient, only because my dish came with pasta, and pasta is very filling. It was suppose to come with Black Angus Short Rib, but that never came. But the real winner was my friends dish, her portion was totally ridiculous, 2 small shrimps in a little bit of risotto and sauce. Don't think that was enough for a baby. The appetizers were very skimpy too. Dessert was Ok. We are glad we tried the restaurant during the Miami Spice. Would not consider going back, much less pay their regular prices. This was their time to shine and to entice people to come back during high season, in our opinion, they failed miserably.Special Features:
- Great placeOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2014Overall it is a wonderful place with a beautiful view. The have an impressive wine list, but the markup is more than any other high-end restaurant. I am used to paying double the retail price, but Azul's charges at least 3 times retail. The Miami Spice menu was a little disappointing. I must have read too quickly and ordered the short ribs. The dish was mostly pasta - albeit good pasta, but not much meat.Special Features:
- jos65trueDined on 8/23/2014The portions are so small that it seems you have not had dinner. Well prepared, excellent flavorSpecial Features:
- Exceptional EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I ate dinner at Azul for our wedding anniversary. The service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!LuvmiaspiceDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food. Great service. Kudos to Brent for his special touch. Thank you for making our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left hungry and very disappointedLadyFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had dinner at Azul with friends and ordered off the Miami Spice menu. Azul is a beautiful restaurant with amazing views. The service was excellent. Unfortunately, the food was absolutely terrible. The portions were extremely TINY, TINY, TINY. The food was tasteless and not cooked well, even the desserts tasted awful. We were six and we all left hungry and very disappointed. :(Special Features:
- AmazingCypressDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014From start to finish, the experience at Azul was nothing short of amazing. We spent the weekend at the hotel for our anniversary and after going to a couple of "hot spots" that were supposed to be fabulous for dinners the two previous nights and left us wondering why we ate anywhere else!!! THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR AND THE AMBIENCE/VIEW CANT BE BEAT. No reason to dine anywhere else!Special Features:
- Waterfront DiningPreciousToGaDined on 8/15/2014We stuck to the MiamiSpice menu which made the experience more affordable, however, we ordered the Scallop appetizer in addition to the Miami Spice menu and it was delicious!! Otherwise, the Steak Tartare, Shrimp Risotto and Black Angus Parpadelle was amazing!!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!jazzerdoctorVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dined at Azul during Miami Spice month when the prices are more affordable. The food was phenomenal- very creative and delicious. The portions are on the small side, but you still leave feeling satisfied. Service was impeccable and the hostess could not have been friendlier.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014we went for the miami spice menu. it was excellent, very well prepared, good service. The setting is very nice and the bay view make it a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experiencesouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tried Azul for Miami Spice. Even though the restaurant was empty, window seating was not offered, and we were relegated to table far away. Food very slow to arrive at table, even though we were ordering from very limited menu. Wait staff well aware - frequently apologized. Noticed that Miami Spice diners received food much later than diners who ordered from regular menu. For the most part, the Miami Spice menu items were tasteless and uninspired. While regular menu looked enticing and venue is appealing, we will not bother with Azul again.
- SurprisedadrianaDined on 8/9/2014I had great expectations about this dinner and it wasn't exactly what I expected. I was extremely surprised that in all appetizer all the options were wish. For my partnet, who doesn't eat fish related dishes, it was an inconvenient. The food was really good and even the amounts, but found a small selection of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance poor foodDisappointed1Dined on 8/9/2014Beautiful views, surroundings and service . Unfortunately although food presentation was pretty it was extreme small portions, not well cooked and tasteless. Risotto was under cooked with extremely miniature shrimps (4). Short ribs which is to be signature plate, almost no meat and pasta was under cooked . Food even at Spice prices was expensive.Special Features:
- Good but not amazingExpatchefDined on 8/7/2014I am assuming our food was just ok since we went on the Miami Spice menu, which is fine. But even for the 39$ plus tax the portions were MINISCULE! If they don't want to serve food at such a low price then they shouldn't participate. Also glad I double checked the menu, they charged us for 2 bottles of wine instead of one. All in all, I expected a little more.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 8/6/2014Azul is a great place to celebrate. The food and the service are terrific. There is a lot of "bling" here. The wine and cocktail list is most impressive.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceFerneFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We went to Azul for the Miami Spice dinner tasting. Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect. I was anticipating that they would be hesitant to accommodate our group for Spice but I was wrong. They were gracious for our company and our waiter was friendly and energetic. We've decided that we would be more than happy to return and spend our money here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Had dinner with friends to take advantage of Miami Spice. The service and ambiance were fantastic. We had a few drinks at the bar before dinner. The drinks were great and the service exceptional. Dinner, on the other hand, was a comolete disappointment. At our table we ordered all appetizer and main course options available for Miami Spice. Each and everyone fell short of what you would expect at Azul. I would not recommend this venue for Miami Spice. If you want to enjoy this restaurant, you will have to bite the bullet and eat from the regular menu.Special Features:
- A terrific Miami Spice experiencefoodieonthegoDined on 8/2/2014The Miami Spice menu food was an adventure in combinations of flavors and colors The service was terrific- everyone was friendly and attentive. Get the steak tartare! We are repeat customers and will go again.Special Features:
- Miami Spice wow experienceBistrot51Dined on 8/1/2014We came early with my wife at 7:00PM so the restaurant was not busy. We were greeted by a lovely hostess who showed us a table near the window. It was the first day of Miami Spice, so we took their special menu. We ordered 2 glasses of a white Austrian Zinfandel and started with a STEAK AND EGGS TARTARE wild mushroom, comte, parsley, garlic bread, quail egg. OUTSTANDING! My only regret was that the portion was too small. We followed with a TRUFFLED SALMON beurre rouge, beluga lentils, burgundy mustard cooked to perfection and finished with a beautifully dressed plate of PISTACHIO RHUBARB PARFAIT poached peach, apricot-carrot sorbet. 5 star service. With the bill, we were given a little gift which was an appreciated kind attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014excellent food and service. Highly recommend. On eof teh bext experiences in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Greatest I have evr beenKaryCarlosDined on 7/5/2014My Wife and I had our 17th wedding anniversary dinner there this weekend, and we really loved the place, the food was great, the ambiance and the views... they even had our table prepared with rose petals to celebrate our anniversary (I asked them to do something special). They also gave us a personalized card congratulating us for our anniversary and a plate of gourmet-chocolates for our enjoyment at the end of the dinner. My wife was a Little cold and the waiter immediately provided a pashmina for hear to wear and feel comfortable. Claudio our waiter not only was patient enough to go over the whole menu with us making sure we were making the right choice but also made all the efforts to make our dinner very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Been in miami and have tried different fine dining but i definitly say this one is the Best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mos205VIPDined on 7/3/2014We dined at Azul when staying in the hotel. The food is well prepared but I didn't love the flavor combinations. I had the foie gras which seemed rather bland to me and the guinea hen which had a thick buttermilk sauce which I also didn't love. The service was attentive but could be a bit more polished at this price point. I would potentially give Azul another shot but with quite a few dining options in Miami maybe not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceitalianexpertDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a dinner at Azul during a trip to Miami. I haven't ever been to a Mandarin Oriental property or restaurant and I was thoroughly impressed. Despite having a screaming kid next to us at dinner, which is completely the parents' fault for having a two year old at dinner at 10pm, everything was amazing. The atmosphere was great, the food was very good, and the service from everyone (hostess, management, bartender, waiter) was without flaws. They set up our table with rose petals, gave us a little gift of some mango jam, gave us a tasting of an appetizer for no cost, knew when to check in on us and knew when to leave us alone -- it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad champagne servicekikaDined on 6/19/2014we reserved your restaurant in Miami where we were on vacation to celebrate our anniversary. We invited a couple of friends to have dinner. We ordered a champagne for a toast. For our surprise the champanhe was very hot and the waiter told us to wait for it to cool. It was very expensive drink and we had a reservation after dinner at lounge cavalli and we could not wait long. AS a resolt we could not have dinner and had only the starters. ´Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.