Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
500 Brickell Key Drive
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami
- Phone: 3059138358x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Tuesday to Saturday 6:30pm - 11:00pm
Dinner Tuesday to Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
Set in a high-energy atmosphere with stunning views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline, Azul restaurant is the city's most acclaimed fine dining experience. The award winning restaurant features sophisticated and eclectic French cuisine with Asian influences, perfectly complemented by an extensive wine program offering several hundred world-class wines. Floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides envelop the senses, ensuring all diners are treated to dramatic bay and city views. The cuisine is complemented by an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)scenic view (69)romantic (65)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- food kOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014View are amazing!!! service was fantastic, food need more flavor and less presentation.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014You get what you pay for, and in this case, the high prices are commensurate with the culinary experience and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding service &great ambiencePrestonDined on 8/28/2014The service was exceptional from the hostess, maitre, chef, server waiter and assistants! The ambience is breathtaking! The food presentation is exquisite. However, we did Miami Spice and the portion of my seafood risotto was super tiny! It reminded me of a small appetizer! It was tasteful but shameful as a main course. Caleb our server and Gio were very friendly and accommodating. My husband is gluten sensitive and Caleb spoke to the dessert chef and he received an exquisite dessert! He was thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentSparkDined on 8/26/2014i haven't been to that place for couple of years, booked a head and invited friends from London, i told them that during Miami spice we have great option to try places with moderate price, unfortunately my first disappointment was that Miami spice menu was more then mediocre and my guests have to send some dishes back, some guest have to choose from the regular menu list, entree meat for $57 was dry and slightly over cooked, but at the end the biggest embarrassment i went through was (my guest wanted to pay the bill however) when BILL came it was a unpleasant surprise of being overcharged, we had wine but one person had a glass of Champagne for $37, in the bill has a charge of two glasses instead of one, my guests were shocked. beware!
- Azul - Left us Feeling BlueOutwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, our waiter was pleasant, funny and attentive. The food however, was very disappointing. My portion was sufficient, only because my dish came with pasta, and pasta is very filling. It was suppose to come with Black Angus Short Rib, but that never came. But the real winner was my friends dish, her portion was totally ridiculous, 2 small shrimps in a little bit of risotto and sauce. Don't think that was enough for a baby. The appetizers were very skimpy too. Dessert was Ok. We are glad we tried the restaurant during the Miami Spice. Would not consider going back, much less pay their regular prices. This was their time to shine and to entice people to come back during high season, in our opinion, they failed miserably.Special Features:
- Great placeOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2014Overall it is a wonderful place with a beautiful view. The have an impressive wine list, but the markup is more than any other high-end restaurant. I am used to paying double the retail price, but Azul's charges at least 3 times retail. The Miami Spice menu was a little disappointing. I must have read too quickly and ordered the short ribs. The dish was mostly pasta - albeit good pasta, but not much meat.Special Features:
- jos65trueDined on 8/23/2014The portions are so small that it seems you have not had dinner. Well prepared, excellent flavorSpecial Features:
- Exceptional EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I ate dinner at Azul for our wedding anniversary. The service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!LuvmiaspiceDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food. Great service. Kudos to Brent for his special touch. Thank you for making our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left hungry and very disappointedLadyFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had dinner at Azul with friends and ordered off the Miami Spice menu. Azul is a beautiful restaurant with amazing views. The service was excellent. Unfortunately, the food was absolutely terrible. The portions were extremely TINY, TINY, TINY. The food was tasteless and not cooked well, even the desserts tasted awful. We were six and we all left hungry and very disappointed. :(Special Features:
- AmazingCypressDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014From start to finish, the experience at Azul was nothing short of amazing. We spent the weekend at the hotel for our anniversary and after going to a couple of "hot spots" that were supposed to be fabulous for dinners the two previous nights and left us wondering why we ate anywhere else!!! THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR AND THE AMBIENCE/VIEW CANT BE BEAT. No reason to dine anywhere else!Special Features:
- Waterfront DiningPreciousToGaDined on 8/15/2014We stuck to the MiamiSpice menu which made the experience more affordable, however, we ordered the Scallop appetizer in addition to the Miami Spice menu and it was delicious!! Otherwise, the Steak Tartare, Shrimp Risotto and Black Angus Parpadelle was amazing!!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!jazzerdoctorDined on 8/15/2014We dined at Azul during Miami Spice month when the prices are more affordable. The food was phenomenal- very creative and delicious. The portions are on the small side, but you still leave feeling satisfied. Service was impeccable and the hostess could not have been friendlier.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014we went for the miami spice menu. it was excellent, very well prepared, good service. The setting is very nice and the bay view make it a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experiencesouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tried Azul for Miami Spice. Even though the restaurant was empty, window seating was not offered, and we were relegated to table far away. Food very slow to arrive at table, even though we were ordering from very limited menu. Wait staff well aware - frequently apologized. Noticed that Miami Spice diners received food much later than diners who ordered from regular menu. For the most part, the Miami Spice menu items were tasteless and uninspired. While regular menu looked enticing and venue is appealing, we will not bother with Azul again.
- SurprisedadrianaDined on 8/9/2014I had great expectations about this dinner and it wasn't exactly what I expected. I was extremely surprised that in all appetizer all the options were wish. For my partnet, who doesn't eat fish related dishes, it was an inconvenient. The food was really good and even the amounts, but found a small selection of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance poor foodDisappointed1Dined on 8/9/2014Beautiful views, surroundings and service . Unfortunately although food presentation was pretty it was extreme small portions, not well cooked and tasteless. Risotto was under cooked with extremely miniature shrimps (4). Short ribs which is to be signature plate, almost no meat and pasta was under cooked . Food even at Spice prices was expensive.Special Features:
- Good but not amazingExpatchefDined on 8/7/2014I am assuming our food was just ok since we went on the Miami Spice menu, which is fine. But even for the 39$ plus tax the portions were MINISCULE! If they don't want to serve food at such a low price then they shouldn't participate. Also glad I double checked the menu, they charged us for 2 bottles of wine instead of one. All in all, I expected a little more.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 8/6/2014Azul is a great place to celebrate. The food and the service are terrific. There is a lot of "bling" here. The wine and cocktail list is most impressive.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceFerneFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We went to Azul for the Miami Spice dinner tasting. Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect. I was anticipating that they would be hesitant to accommodate our group for Spice but I was wrong. They were gracious for our company and our waiter was friendly and energetic. We've decided that we would be more than happy to return and spend our money here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Had dinner with friends to take advantage of Miami Spice. The service and ambiance were fantastic. We had a few drinks at the bar before dinner. The drinks were great and the service exceptional. Dinner, on the other hand, was a comolete disappointment. At our table we ordered all appetizer and main course options available for Miami Spice. Each and everyone fell short of what you would expect at Azul. I would not recommend this venue for Miami Spice. If you want to enjoy this restaurant, you will have to bite the bullet and eat from the regular menu.Special Features:
- A terrific Miami Spice experiencefoodieonthegoDined on 8/2/2014The Miami Spice menu food was an adventure in combinations of flavors and colors The service was terrific- everyone was friendly and attentive. Get the steak tartare! We are repeat customers and will go again.Special Features:
- Miami Spice wow experienceBistrot51Dined on 8/1/2014We came early with my wife at 7:00PM so the restaurant was not busy. We were greeted by a lovely hostess who showed us a table near the window. It was the first day of Miami Spice, so we took their special menu. We ordered 2 glasses of a white Austrian Zinfandel and started with a STEAK AND EGGS TARTARE wild mushroom, comte, parsley, garlic bread, quail egg. OUTSTANDING! My only regret was that the portion was too small. We followed with a TRUFFLED SALMON beurre rouge, beluga lentils, burgundy mustard cooked to perfection and finished with a beautifully dressed plate of PISTACHIO RHUBARB PARFAIT poached peach, apricot-carrot sorbet. 5 star service. With the bill, we were given a little gift which was an appreciated kind attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014excellent food and service. Highly recommend. On eof teh bext experiences in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Greatest I have evr beenKaryCarlosDined on 7/5/2014My Wife and I had our 17th wedding anniversary dinner there this weekend, and we really loved the place, the food was great, the ambiance and the views... they even had our table prepared with rose petals to celebrate our anniversary (I asked them to do something special). They also gave us a personalized card congratulating us for our anniversary and a plate of gourmet-chocolates for our enjoyment at the end of the dinner. My wife was a Little cold and the waiter immediately provided a pashmina for hear to wear and feel comfortable. Claudio our waiter not only was patient enough to go over the whole menu with us making sure we were making the right choice but also made all the efforts to make our dinner very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014Been in miami and have tried different fine dining but i definitly say this one is the Best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mos205VIPDined on 7/3/2014We dined at Azul when staying in the hotel. The food is well prepared but I didn't love the flavor combinations. I had the foie gras which seemed rather bland to me and the guinea hen which had a thick buttermilk sauce which I also didn't love. The service was attentive but could be a bit more polished at this price point. I would potentially give Azul another shot but with quite a few dining options in Miami maybe not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceitalianexpertDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a dinner at Azul during a trip to Miami. I haven't ever been to a Mandarin Oriental property or restaurant and I was thoroughly impressed. Despite having a screaming kid next to us at dinner, which is completely the parents' fault for having a two year old at dinner at 10pm, everything was amazing. The atmosphere was great, the food was very good, and the service from everyone (hostess, management, bartender, waiter) was without flaws. They set up our table with rose petals, gave us a little gift of some mango jam, gave us a tasting of an appetizer for no cost, knew when to check in on us and knew when to leave us alone -- it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad champagne servicekikaDined on 6/19/2014we reserved your restaurant in Miami where we were on vacation to celebrate our anniversary. We invited a couple of friends to have dinner. We ordered a champagne for a toast. For our surprise the champanhe was very hot and the waiter told us to wait for it to cool. It was very expensive drink and we had a reservation after dinner at lounge cavalli and we could not wait long. AS a resolt we could not have dinner and had only the starters. ´Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion.Zora1Dined on 6/17/2014Great view ,great service ,delicious food and wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azul- never disappointsStanleyDined on 6/12/2014We have visited Azul many times even before my wife and I moved to Miami. It is always a dining experience that lingers long after you leave the restaurant. The food and plate presentations are culinary works of art. Each time their creative chef seems to be stretching beyond the normal high end dining. The service is friendly and professional, which is a rarity these days.Special Features:
- Small portionsElizabethDined on 6/11/2014While the food at Azul was superb, I was disappointed in the small portion size for the price.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/6/2014I must say that I was a bit disappointed with Azul. It is just way too expensive for the amount of food and quality of food. Was the food good? Yes. Was it GREAT? No. For the amount of my bill the food should have been GREAT. I will say though that the restaurant is very romantic and has beautiful views of the city, and the service was definitely excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014Waiters are too noticeable, every 5 minutes asking if everything is ok if food is good. We got interrupted too many times.
- Best Dining Experience Ever!jrcmiamiDined on 5/31/2014We took my Mom to Azul for her birthday and we had the best dining experience ever! The service was impeccable, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be going back very soon!Special Features:
- NielleDined on 5/29/2014Excellent service, great food, fabulous sunset. The Mandarin Oriental is iconic in itself and its fine restaurant Azul is beautiful. They have a few tables on an outdoor terrasse overlooking the water. It's well worth getting there early and enjoying the sunset.Special Features:
- Amazing night with my girlfriendnllapurDined on 5/17/2014I took my girlfriend to Azul for her birthday and asked them to make it special. When we arrived there were flower petals spread out on the table. the service and food were amazing. The manager even searched for me on my way out to cover my valley for my girlfriend's birthday. We had an amazing night and the staff made it so much better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014If you are going as a foodie expecting an excellent gastro experience, you will be disappointed; however, the food is clean and good and the ambiance very good. I would recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place; not so much the food.overratedDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant, featured in local magazines, may have a nice location but the food was nothing spectacular (actually my daughters did not like it). Expensive. The adjacent peruvian restaurant in the lower floor looked nice but the service left me a sour feeling: when we arrived I asked to changed to the peruvian restaurant but I was told it was full because it was all reserved (rather 'empty' when I peeked) and was still 'empty' when we left (?!?). Service and food not worth it.Special Features:
- Impecable service, delicious food!TravelingNikiDined on 5/8/2014We went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and were flattered that the entire staff (from the hostess to the sommelier) made it a point to congratulate us, they even had rose petals on our table. The Tuna poké and Risotto appetizers were fantastically prepared and the entrées were surprisingly big. Azul has high quality food at a reasonable price, the service is impeccable without feeling stuffy or pretentious and the atmosphere is very Pleasant. The wine list is extensive but as with any restaurant of this kind the mark up is subsantialy large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.