Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
500 Brickell Key Drive
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami
- Phone: (305) 913-8358
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Tuesday to Saturday 6:30pm - 11:00pm
Dinner Tuesday to Saturday 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami
Set in a high-energy atmosphere with stunning views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline, Azul restaurant is the city's most acclaimed fine dining experience. The award winning restaurant features sophisticated and eclectic French cuisine with Asian influences, perfectly complemented by an extensive wine program offering several hundred world-class wines. Floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides envelop the senses, ensuring all diners are treated to dramatic bay and city views. The cuisine is complemented by an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Azul - Mandarin Oriental Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)scenic view (71)romantic (66)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/20/2014The evening was fantastic. Our host Claudio was one of the best I have ever encountered. I refer to him as a host because he was much more than a waiter. He was charming and made us laugh but more importantly he had a passion and knowledge of the menu that was top notch. He guided us to one of the most perfect meal I ever had. His enthusiasm for the food was contagious. I hate going to a restaurant where the serving staff have no opinions. Claudio asked us what we were feeling like, asked us about our like and dislike and then recommended choices that were spot on. The whole experience made us feel like celebrities given the splendid treatment we received. At first we were treated very formally which is appreciated when you show up at an expensive restaurant . After a few exchange he asked us for our name and asked us if it was ok to call us by our first name, it was done in such a flawless professional manner than we felt like regulars afterward. The food itself was simply spectacular. I eat at a lot of "foodies" type restaurants and This places beats many of the well known foodie hangout in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Special!GinniVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great service, maybe even a touch over attentive. Salmon entree was excellent as was the cheesecake..not your typical cheesecake by any means!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed !Bonbon62VIPDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant was very disappointing this time around!! The food was ok at best and it lacked qualified staff! Not worth the very high price tag!!!
- We expected more from Mandarin OrientalNATDVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have stayed and eaten at MO hotels around the world, and have come to expect a certain level from them. Although Azul sounded promising, we were disappointed to say the least. It started with my the hostess addressing a guest behind us because they didn't want to wait. Then they sat my 6'8" husband at a very tight and tiny 2-person table against a glass wall, next to the waiter's station, even though there were multiple tables for 4 people available (both when we arrived and when we left). The food was fine, nothing more. Not worth the price, you can do much better than this in Miami.
- Always goodMIAdinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014I've been having dinner at this place for years. You're always guaranteed a great meal and spot-on service. You can't go wrong. One of the best fine dining experiences in Miami. Try the duck or the short ribs !Special Features:
- Tradition ContinuesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/8/2014Azul has always been one of the best restaurants in town and the tradition continues under chef William Crandall. great product, modern technique, finesse, balanced flavors & excellent execution. best if the bestSpecial Features:
- FredfoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was not as good as it used to be. Service cordial but very slow. Room frozen, bring a coat. See no reason to go back. A shame, it used to be the standard for great dining in Miami.Special Features:
- celebrating wife's birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014she was happy, I was happy, very good food. A little dark in the terrace to read the menu but that's part of the romantic atmosphre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Absolutely wonderful dinner experience ... view, ambience, food and service were fantastic. Only negative was my heart attack when the bill arrived! Still, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent service and view.JcgirlVIPDined on 9/20/2014Gorgeous night view of the Miami skyline. Steak and eggs tartare were good, but the shrimp risotto and creme brûlée were disappointing. Outsanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDonmiamiDined on 9/20/2014Service here is impeccable. Food is outstanding. You cannot go wrong eating hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dategomarlinsDined on 9/19/2014took my wife for a date night. you get what you pay for in life. service was awesome, food was awesome, ambiance was awesome. highly recommend this restaurant for those that have not been. on a different level from most restaurants in Miami IMO.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/18/2014We haven't been back to Azul in years and while in town decided to go back. Food was terrific. From the Tuna Poke appetizer to the risotto to the short ribs all excellent. Service was simply top notch. Brent and Carlos worked with us and the service included some entertainment as well. Very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking advantageExperimentingfoodieDined on 9/16/2014Miami Spice certainly offers the opportunity to try restaurants you would not normally visit. I am not going to dissect every aspect of food, etc as previous reviewers did - suffice to say this is a luxury hotel chain with restaurants and prices to match and you expect to pay for that and the obvious quality of food and expertise of the staff. They do not disappoint! Their Miami Spice menu is limited, but is from their regular menu and though portions are small, they are superb and leave you room to indulge in the wonderful, continuous bread offerings. Dessert is followed by a 'cookie' tray and a gift of biscotti for the ladies. Take a tranquilizer before reading the wine list! The highlight is the service - they get that 100% right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience and ServiceKMCNFMDined on 9/13/2014Had a great table overlooking the water. I had the Miami Spice menu- a Vichyssoise to start, the Pink Shrimp Risotto as my entree (perfectly cooked and flavorful), and finished it off with the Chocolate Pecan dessert, which I liked. My wife started with the Tuna Poke, which she really enjoyed. For her entree, she had the Turbot, that was just OK- it was a light fish, but was nothing special, and then finished with the Passion Fruit dessert, which was very good. What stood out most was the absolutely fantastic service from our waiter Brent. Attentive without being overbearing, he made great food & wine recommendations and had a great personality. One of the best, if not the best, waiter we have ever had in all of our years of fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing dinningMouvielleVIPDined on 9/13/2014the service is top notch,claudio was amazing made us feel special and taken care of. The food is delicious,will return for another wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMarine4LifeDined on 9/12/2014The time in between food was longer that expected. The restaurant was not crowded and the we have have to wait morea that 2o minutes between meals appetizer, Main Course then Dessert. The Miami Spice Menu was good, but very smalll portions as well. Other than that the servers were very friendly from the moment we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Staff was extremely attentive and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Memorable ServiceJacobDined on 9/6/2014Our dining guides were warm and knowledgeable. We selected the Miami Spice menu. Our party of 4 tried all the options between us. Vichyssoise needed a bit of salt, tartare was on point,and tomato dish needed one more element to bring it to the level of the other 2. For the entrees, the shrimp was perfect but a small portion, the salmon was excellent,the pork needed a bit more moisture in the pasta but very tasty. The breads were as good as the best we have had in Paris. All 3 desserts were fab. Meal was preceded by a scallop amuse bouche and completed by a selection of cookies at no extra charge.Lovely touches that delighted out party.And the ladies were sent home with a little pouch of biscotti.Best Miami Spice experience to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short but AMAZINGBryanDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful, romantic, quiet and delicious. Absolutely worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice visitFoodieSuzDined on 9/5/2014We came to check out Miami Spice at Azul. It was our first time & enjoyed the ambiance & service. The menu had some good options however the portion sizes were extremely small. I had the tomato salad which was unique & tasty. I ordered the shrimp risotto for my entree & was not impressed. The risotto was undercooked & almost soupy & was smaller than a cup of soup. Dessert was good but nothing I will crave to have again. Overall it wasn't worth the money.Special Features:
- Nice view, good waiters, small dishReviewer123Dined on 9/5/2014Impressive with a beautiful view. The service staff are absolutely first-rate. Good start with a great bread selection and a tasty amuse-bouche. The steak tatare appetizer was also delicious. The main course salmon and pork with pasta dishes were not as good, however, and they were simply much too small. The fried pork total could not have been more than 3 ounces mixed into some tough pasta and the salmon was about 5 ounces. The desserts were very nice, however. When you include a bottle of wine at about $50 minimum and $26 valet parking (you pay $13 after validation), plus a tip for the waiter and the parking staff, this is not an inexpensive dinner. A standard sizes main course would be expected at these prices.Special Features:
- Azul is CoolnatfoodieDined on 9/4/2014Excellent service and gorgeous views of Biscayne Bay. Very stylish interior and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food kOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014View are amazing!!! service was fantastic, food need more flavor and less presentation.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014You get what you pay for, and in this case, the high prices are commensurate with the culinary experience and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding service &great ambiencePrestonDined on 8/28/2014The service was exceptional from the hostess, maitre, chef, server waiter and assistants! The ambience is breathtaking! The food presentation is exquisite. However, we did Miami Spice and the portion of my seafood risotto was super tiny! It reminded me of a small appetizer! It was tasteful but shameful as a main course. Caleb our server and Gio were very friendly and accommodating. My husband is gluten sensitive and Caleb spoke to the dessert chef and he received an exquisite dessert! He was thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentSparkDined on 8/26/2014i haven't been to that place for couple of years, booked a head and invited friends from London, i told them that during Miami spice we have great option to try places with moderate price, unfortunately my first disappointment was that Miami spice menu was more then mediocre and my guests have to send some dishes back, some guest have to choose from the regular menu list, entree meat for $57 was dry and slightly over cooked, but at the end the biggest embarrassment i went through was (my guest wanted to pay the bill however) when BILL came it was a unpleasant surprise of being overcharged, we had wine but one person had a glass of Champagne for $37, in the bill has a charge of two glasses instead of one, my guests were shocked. beware!
- Azul - Left us Feeling BlueOutwithfriendsDined on 8/23/2014Service was excellent, our waiter was pleasant, funny and attentive. The food however, was very disappointing. My portion was sufficient, only because my dish came with pasta, and pasta is very filling. It was suppose to come with Black Angus Short Rib, but that never came. But the real winner was my friends dish, her portion was totally ridiculous, 2 small shrimps in a little bit of risotto and sauce. Don't think that was enough for a baby. The appetizers were very skimpy too. Dessert was Ok. We are glad we tried the restaurant during the Miami Spice. Would not consider going back, much less pay their regular prices. This was their time to shine and to entice people to come back during high season, in our opinion, they failed miserably.Special Features:
- Great placeOutofTownerDined on 8/23/2014Overall it is a wonderful place with a beautiful view. The have an impressive wine list, but the markup is more than any other high-end restaurant. I am used to paying double the retail price, but Azul's charges at least 3 times retail. The Miami Spice menu was a little disappointing. I must have read too quickly and ordered the short ribs. The dish was mostly pasta - albeit good pasta, but not much meat.Special Features:
- jos65trueDined on 8/23/2014The portions are so small that it seems you have not had dinner. Well prepared, excellent flavorSpecial Features:
- Exceptional EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I ate dinner at Azul for our wedding anniversary. The service and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!LuvmiaspiceVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food. Great service. Kudos to Brent for his special touch. Thank you for making our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left hungry and very disappointedLadyFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had dinner at Azul with friends and ordered off the Miami Spice menu. Azul is a beautiful restaurant with amazing views. The service was excellent. Unfortunately, the food was absolutely terrible. The portions were extremely TINY, TINY, TINY. The food was tasteless and not cooked well, even the desserts tasted awful. We were six and we all left hungry and very disappointed. :(Special Features:
- AmazingCypressDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014From start to finish, the experience at Azul was nothing short of amazing. We spent the weekend at the hotel for our anniversary and after going to a couple of "hot spots" that were supposed to be fabulous for dinners the two previous nights and left us wondering why we ate anywhere else!!! THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR AND THE AMBIENCE/VIEW CANT BE BEAT. No reason to dine anywhere else!Special Features:
- Waterfront DiningPreciousToGaDined on 8/15/2014We stuck to the MiamiSpice menu which made the experience more affordable, however, we ordered the Scallop appetizer in addition to the Miami Spice menu and it was delicious!! Otherwise, the Steak Tartare, Shrimp Risotto and Black Angus Parpadelle was amazing!!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!jazzerdoctorVIPDined on 8/15/2014We dined at Azul during Miami Spice month when the prices are more affordable. The food was phenomenal- very creative and delicious. The portions are on the small side, but you still leave feeling satisfied. Service was impeccable and the hostess could not have been friendlier.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014we went for the miami spice menu. it was excellent, very well prepared, good service. The setting is very nice and the bay view make it a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experiencesouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tried Azul for Miami Spice. Even though the restaurant was empty, window seating was not offered, and we were relegated to table far away. Food very slow to arrive at table, even though we were ordering from very limited menu. Wait staff well aware - frequently apologized. Noticed that Miami Spice diners received food much later than diners who ordered from regular menu. For the most part, the Miami Spice menu items were tasteless and uninspired. While regular menu looked enticing and venue is appealing, we will not bother with Azul again.
- SurprisedadrianaDined on 8/9/2014I had great expectations about this dinner and it wasn't exactly what I expected. I was extremely surprised that in all appetizer all the options were wish. For my partnet, who doesn't eat fish related dishes, it was an inconvenient. The food was really good and even the amounts, but found a small selection of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance poor foodDisappointed1Dined on 8/9/2014Beautiful views, surroundings and service . Unfortunately although food presentation was pretty it was extreme small portions, not well cooked and tasteless. Risotto was under cooked with extremely miniature shrimps (4). Short ribs which is to be signature plate, almost no meat and pasta was under cooked . Food even at Spice prices was expensive.Special Features: