152 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azulnyc.com/
- Phone: 6466022004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Gaston Yelicich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Summer Argentinean style asado (outdoor grilling).
A word from Azul Bistro
Open since 2001, Azul Bistro is a Contemporary Argentinean Grill. We serve only free range, grass fed beef. Enjoy a selection from our 100% Argentinean Wine List.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azul Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really tasty steak - properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2011Really tasty steak - properly hung and matured and melt in the mouth. We were there on a Monday night and it was a bit quiet but can imagine it being absolutely buzzing at the weekends.Special Features:
- These guys know what theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2011These guys know what they are doing. Tasty beyond the grill too. Will be back soon, congrats.Special Features:
- BEST MEAT PLACE !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2011You can say anything about Azul but that is not a meat place: lamb shank, skirt steak, filet mignon, ribeye, porterhouse, flank and mixed grill for two. We had the mixed grill for two and it was abundant and really good and tender. No wonder this little argentinean bistro keeps going strong after 10 years. I live around the corner and being going there since they opened to get my beef fix.Special Features:
- Azul kind of falls in betweenSpringBrunchVIPDined on 5/20/2011Azul kind of falls in between the chairs, its not a meat place, and their side dishes aren't something to write home about. The salad had no gravy and the empanadas were dry. Nice place, but good for once.
- Great food! Small restaurant,AllisonDined on 5/7/2011Great food! Small restaurant, but really a local gem. Get the meat platter, amazing! My date and I tried all the meat, but we were too full to finish it.Special Features:
- Nice little restaurant, aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2011Nice little restaurant, a gem. Perfect meat, good wine, good prices. Will be back.
- Appetizers were tasty. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2011Appetizers were tasty. Steak was very disappointing. We ordered the Porthouse (listed as for 2) for the 3 of us. Portion-wise it was fine, but the steak just had no flavor. Would not go back for steak.
- Good Food. Great Wine. OnePauliusDined on 4/9/2011Good Food. Great Wine. One of many quality restaurants in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great food, cozy place, excellent sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2011I work in the restaurant Industry and I love when I get an excellent service, I am always too lazy to write reviews but I have to say that I really enjoyed my experience at Azul. The service was great, the waitress was on top of our table making sure we were all right all the time without being annoying , and the food was awesome, I ordered the cortada for 2 and it matched perfectly with the Argentinean wine she recomended. I am a mashed potatoes lover and it was beyong good...Don't forget to have the panqueques de dulce de Leche as dessert. I am definitely coming back, Two tumbs up!!!Special Features:
- Great food, intimate and charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2011I've heard about this place (especially because apparently every so often you can stumble upon a celebrity or two) so I invited a friend who was visiting from Argentina to get his impression about it. We LOVED it! Delicious authentic food (if you are into meat). I can't recall any other time I had enjoyed beef so much before coming to Azul, although my special favorite was the mussels, and the desserts are also to die for. The servers were very nice, and because the restaurant is small, you get this very intimate and charming vibe. I recommend it 100%Special Features:
- went to Azul with my boyfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2011went to Azul with my boyfriend for our anniversary and we had a wonderful experience all-around. The staff was welcoming, the atmosphere romantic, and the food unforgettable. We started with Empanadas and Ceviche, which were both delicious, and then shared the beautifully-presented "Mixed Grilled for Two." To close the night, we devoured a savory Chocolate Mousse for dessert. The next time I want to eat like I did during a vacation past in Buenos Aires, I’m coming to Azul.Special Features:
- Best piece of meat ever~!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2011I love the restaurant. I am Argentinean, and Azul makes me feel like I am back in Buenos Aires. The meat is amazing, and I love that they have chorizo and mollejas. I really like that the food comes sizilling. I love meat and Azul fulfills my Argentinean cravings. The place is very hommie and the service is excellent.. Five stars! yumSpecial Features:
- Argentina in NY is only AzulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011I've been going to Azul since it opened, it had ups and downs like the city did in this decade. But for me Argentina in NY is only Azul. The beef is always excellent like my favorite skirt steak, the house Malbec hits the spot and the ambiance and the girls serving are always fantastic. I recommended Azul to all my friends and they always thanks me for it.Special Features:
- The house Malbec is worthOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2011The house Malbec is worth the visit. Make sure to have the Flan for dessert.Special Features:
- Too Crowded with Sub-Par Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2011The place is very small with tables practically on top of one another. Additionally, there is no place for people to congregate while they're waiting for a table so they actually allow people waiting to stand in teh aisles.. bumping you and staring at you while you're eating. They then RUSH YOU OUT, giving you a bill BEFORE you get your dessert. I wouldn't go back.
- The food was excellent--everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2011The food was excellent--everything was cooked just as ordered and the skirt steak and mashed potatoes were incredible! The empanadas were very tasty and very authentic! We definitely will be back!
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2011My date and I enjoyed all the vegetarian items on the menu (we're both Vegetarians). I was just glad they had alternatives to their well known meat entrees! We had originally gone because of Restaurant Week, and I saw they had ample amount of vegetarian items to choose from, so when that wasn't available, we bit the bullet, and we were very glad we did!Special Features:
- Disappointment. Server messedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011Disappointment. Server messed up every step of service, including splitting the bill.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedLarryortDined on 2/18/2011Very pleasantly surprised with the food. The size and quality of the steaks was a great value. Also, if you are a fan of empanadas, you will not be dissapointed.Special Features:
- Went there for valentine'sGreatDined on 2/14/2011Went there for valentine's Day. It was a full house. Food was great especially the flan!Special Features:
- I took my fiance for a Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011I took my fiance for a Valentine's Day dinner and couldn't have picked a more perfect place. Though the pickings are slim for non-meat eaters, the fish of the day (mahi mahi) was delicious, and everything that came out of the kitchen looked mouth-watering. The empanadas were excellent as well! The restaurant is cozy and though it looks small and crowded, it actually doesn't feel cramped at all, and you can have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2011Loved this restaurant. The service was great. Food delicious. Ambiance vibrant.Special Features:
- Had the restaurant week menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/11/2011Had the restaurant week menu. Excellent Empenadas. The Chocolate Mousse is very good and lots of steaks!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2011The food was very good and enjoyed very much and recommend for everyone to try out the food. Service was very good and the staff was very courteous.. Will come agian.Special Features:
- Great steak at reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2011Great steak at reasonable prices! Love this place and go often.Special Features:
- I went here for RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2011I went here for Restaurant Week and was disaapointed. Probably because I ate vegetarian. The empanadas were good but the veg ravioli was sweeter than the dessert. The chocolate mousse was delicious. I would not completely write it off and would surely go again to try some of the non-vegetarian options.
- great place,great food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2011great place,great food, and good service ,highly recommended little bit small but worth itSpecial Features:
- I found Azul Bistro to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2011I found Azul Bistro to be as expected. Nothing really stood out for me.Special Features:
- The strip steak was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/29/2011The strip steak was delicious, as I imagined it would be. But I never expected the corn empanadas to blow me away—and they did.Special Features:
- extremely loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/29/2011extremely loud Extremely Loud, The food was not to par with the pricing and the octopus apetizer was not as good as the reviews I read. I would not reccomend this place. The place is also very small and the service was very slow.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2011The salmon ceviche was outstanding. Also the goat cheese ravioli was good too! The other items were just par.Special Features:
- Fun Argentinean place in LESOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/22/2011Fun Argentinean place in LES with a warm, pleasant vibe. Cevich portion was ample and tasty but not refined. RibEye was grilled well though chimicurri sauce was mostly oil. Dulce de Leche dessert was nice. We would go back,
- Although the appetizers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2011Although the appetizers were great, the NY Strip Steak was not tender enough to be cut. Maybe it was the steak wasn't sharp enough. All the other cuts of steak were good.Special Features:
- Tasty mixed grill for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2010Tasty mixed grill for two ($48), but the ribs were too much grizzle to really enjoy. Short and expensive wine list, but they did have a great Probably should have gone for the steak for two, it looked better thananything I had on my plate. . Empanadas and esp croquettes were outrageous. Inside of croquettes was as close to liquid as could be and hot, while outside was crispy, a real treat Flan with dulce de leche was he best I've had in this country -- by far.
- Great service and food, verySeahawkFanVIPDined on 12/30/2010Great service and food, very warm and cozy atmosphere. We had a great table and were not rushed at all, depsite the fact that the place was full. Outstanding steaks and appetizers!Special Features:
- We went to dinner and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010We went to dinner and had an amazing time apart from couple of misses from the appetizers we selected [tomato salad (watered down and no dressing whatsoever) and the goat cheese salad (tiny portion of super try goat cheese ;(]. Otherwise the main courses (parilla and the skirt steak) were great and the portions were absolutely filling. Can't wait to go back as always. By the way, I would have given the food a very good/outstanding grade but because of the appetizers, I will stay with the 'good' rating.Special Features:
- I loved the filet mignon,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2010I loved the filet mignon, but really miss they chocolate suffleur from the dessert menu, it's a pity they removed it! I also very much enjoyed the Dulche de Leche pancakes, very much recommended. The ambiance is great, but I recommend arriving early around 7pm since it gets very very busy later in the eve!
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/28/2010The food was excellent and the wine list was suitable for the food. The people were very pleasant and the restaurant was very nice. The windows do allow a draft in and you can feel it at the window table. When the heating is on it is to strong and when you sit in certain areas you can feel the hot air blasting you.Special Features:
- My wife and had Corn EmpanadasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010My wife and had Corn Empanadas to start (Awesome) the platter for two, 6 different types of meat (lamb, skirt steak, ribs, sweat breads and sausage), garlic french fries, salad and a side of beets and carrots. All fantastic!!! Wine was good, not cheap and nothing outstanding but did the trick. The service could have been a bit more attentive but it was busy that night, everytime we talked with our wait staff they were very friendly and good humored. A great spot to try if you like Agentine food.Special Features:
- The restaurant is charming.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010The restaurant is charming. It has a warm, hospitable feeling, the decor is really cool, Our dinners were extraordinary. None of us is a big red meat eater, But if you're going to eat red meat, Azul is a place to go to for it. Rib eye Steak and skirt steak excellent. The ceviche was GREAT!!!! But the grilled octopus was skimpy. We really love this place. The staff was great, friendly and sweet, great music too.Special Features: