Azul Argentine Bistro
152 Stanton St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
Azul Argentine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azulnyc.com/
- Phone: 6466022004
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Empanadas and other Argentinean delicatessen are available for catering.
- Special Events: Available for brunches and dinner events
A word from Azul Argentine Bistro
Azul Argentine Bistro opened on 2001, bringing the best of the Argentinean gastronomy to the lower east side. Great food, delicious wines and friendly service in a lay back atmosphere are the main characteristic of a dinning experience waiting to happenContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azul Argentine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- So authenticGaryoDined on 3/9/2014We thought we were back in Buenos Aires. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious and very authentic. The decor reminded us very much of being back in Argentina, the only thing missing was a live asdo grill to watch you meat getting cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to love coming to AzulAlexDined on 3/1/2014I used to love coming to Azul at least every couple of weeks when I used to live on Clinton St. three years ago. Decided to travel to LES and revisit one of my favorite restaurants in the city. Sad to say, but my gf and I were disappointed with the meet quality this time around. I'm not sure what happened, but the Grilled Meat dish was subpar at best regarding quality. Disappointed to say, but I will not be coming back to this place, especially for the $ we spent.Special Features:
- they call me in advance tochuckDined on 2/27/2014they call me in advance to let me know that they were not taking credit cards due to, alegedly, a problem with the computer. They did have the system in operation but steer me to pay in cash. Food was uneventful. The place had virtually no heating system, other guests were wearing their coats. Overall not a pleasent experience.
- Great Place.NirvaDined on 2/14/2014Awesome place with great service and the skirt steak is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must love meat!!!YuliDined on 11/23/2013I chose this quiet spot to have a special dinner with my husband, and we're both glad we did! The food was to die for!!! We shared the grilled octopus, which was done to perfection!! We also shared the mixed grilled for two (which could have easily served 4), served with an awesome salad and choice of potato (we chose fries). The fries stayed crispy, in spite of being served in a bowl. Yes, it was that good. Now to the main event: the meat!! All the cuts lived up to the expectations one has of an Argentinian steak house: the serving of succulent, well-seasoned, well-caramelized pieces of meat. Did I mentioned I loved the meat? LOVED IT!! We asked for medium, and that's exactly what we got! Go get your meat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair, nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013Can't say I'd go back. My dish was cold and overall food was just fair. If you're looking for authentic Argentine food, Buenos Aires is a Much better choice.
- Ok food, service not so goodJax123Dined on 10/26/2013I was recently at Azul with some friends. We ordered empanadas to start, which were pretty good once we got them. However, it took a full 40 minutes for them to arrive, and when they did the order was wrong and they were taken back. The t-bone steak I ordered was good, but both meals my friends ordered were overcooked (tuna and filet mignon). The atmosphere was good, noise level was fine for conversation. So over all the experience was ok, but not worth the price.
- So SoJacksonhoDined on 10/25/2013The service was mediocre at best. Not busy at 7:30 pm on a Friday??? We were either blasted with heat or freezing cold as the door was opened to cool the place off. Not a great dining experience.
- Good meal, great serviceJerseyDinerDined on 10/5/2013I had the seafood and linguine dish and my date had a rib eye steak. We both enjoyed our meals as well as the attentive service. The place was pretty empty for a Saturday night around 9:30 pm, so the candle light and semi-private table made for a romantic dinner. A larger group would have no problem getting a table at that hour. Overall it was really good. I was there to celebrate his birthday, so they surprised us with two glasses of champagne, which was really nice!! The wine list was sparse and they do not have a bar. I think I might go for a more "special" place for an intimate birthday dinner in the future, but that's just me. He really enjoyed it and for a really nice Saturday night dinner, it would definitely fit the bill.Special Features:
- Food good, service greatVeroveeDined on 10/3/2013Have visited this place many times, most of which were in 2009-2010. Remember the steak as being excellent. Went back recently (October 2013) and the food was nowhere as good as I remember it, but still good. The service, however, is very good. Our waiter was friendly and accommodating. He let me taste a few wines before ordering a glass. This place can get loud. Not great for conversations. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argentina in NYDutchieDined on 9/9/2013We enjoyed a very tasteful Cortada and Lomo. Good atmosphere, music and authentic decorations. We'll be back as soon as we're in NY again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,luv2dineDined on 8/29/2013Excellent food and service, but loud live music -- it was good, but be warned.Special Features:
- Very Solid.DeniseyVIPDined on 8/27/2013Very authentic Argentine food and extremely charming. Amazingly attentive waitstaff. Inexpensive.Special Features:
- Sad...KUFUDined on 8/23/2013We used to go here about five years ago and really enjoyed the excellent food, jovial and energetic atmosphere and top-notch service. Flash forward and I can't help but think that there must be a new honor and have no doubt that there's a new chef. The food was incredibly bland--even the french fries were awful. The ceviche was chewy, "fishy" and had no flavor whatsoever--just sad.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerBernRivoDined on 8/8/2013I had my 30th birthday dinner with my family here. It was perfect - not too packed on a Thursday night. The ambiance is very relaxed and there was a small mariachi band, which we really enjoyed. Food is great, get the steak for two. Been here several times before, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Azul!CaryncVIPDined on 7/26/2013We've been there many times. I wanted to go somewhere fun and festive for my birthday. We were a large group but Azul accommodated us. The waitress and servers were very attentive and nice. The food was delicious and the atmosphere lively. Azul didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findadauDined on 7/17/2013I really love the food here at Azul. Coupled with the attentive service and sangria options, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013Great food, great service. Very cool lower east side gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013Good food, friendly staff, and we enjoyed the music. It was an enjoyable dining experience. Alcoholic beaver ages are limited to beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super romantic and yummy!!CammieJPVIPDined on 5/4/2013Great place for a date, and the meat is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If size doesn't matter ...Bobs516VIPDined on 4/26/2013The small location is warm and the customers are well cared for. The "cut" of the steaks sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, but tasty.Special Features:
- I asked for a Choripan (WhichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I asked for a Choripan (Which means add bread to the Chorizo/sausage), and the server decided to charge me $15 instead of the menu price of $9. When I asked the manager to address this, she said, our restaurant's policy does not allow me to adjust your bill. I ended up paying over $40 for a Choripan, two empanadas, and a glass of wine. What???? I don't think I will be going back.
- Romance in the airboneVIPDined on 4/17/2013This is a great mix of quality food, nicely simple wine list and a quiet atmosphere that encourages conversation. Love to visit this spot because the quality is always there.Special Features:
- Brought friends from Belgium.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Brought friends from Belgium. They loved it. Great apps, octopus, empanadas. The steaks were the highlight! Serloin for 2 and skirt steak were fabulous.Special Features:
- Very nice place, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013Very nice place, great food, although our server kept asking if we wanted anything and then wandered off before we could reply, may have been the owner and just very busy. Food was great, we all tasted from one another, overall every enjoyable and a great find in a funky little 'hood. The meat mixed grill was amazing!Special Features:
- My wife and I had an extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012My wife and I had an extremely good meal from a friendly and professional staff. We will go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, menu.VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/20/2012Excellent food, service, menu.Very authentic, romantic, a great find.Highly recommend for an informal dinner/lunchDesserts fantastic.Special Features:
- Food was very good but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2012Food was very good but disappointed that i had to wait over 30 minutes for my reservation to be honored. On open table there were quite a few tine slots available but when i arrived we were told to wait. There were available tables but per management being held for a group. Those tables remained empty during our dinner. I understand a restaurant needs to be flexible for taking walk ins but over 30 minutes is a bit much.Special Features:
- Azul in the houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Service was great and so was the food. Went there with 5 people and everyone loved itSpecial Features:
- We were the only ones in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2012We were the only ones in the restaurant @ 7:00 pm. The service is well above part and they honored a week-day coupon we had on Saturday night. But that's where it ends. The food was not that great. The appetisers and desserts seems more like thawed out from a frozen food. The entres were good however but not good enough to make up for the beginning and ending. They tacked on an automatic gratuitiy and tax to our pre-paid online deal that was $40 extra bucks CASH because their "CC machine was not working" (Yeah right!) We felt that part was a con artist rip-off. Will we go back? No. The bill without our coupon was about $200.00 for this hole in the wall... a table at Le Cirque (5 Star Dining) is $100 more!Special Features:
- Great service, wonderful decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/1/2012Great service, wonderful decor and authentic argentine food.Special Features:
- My special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2012Went for a first date years ago and was happy to see the place was still around. Love the vibe and quaint qualities of the place. The staff definitely fit the warm atmosphere. Came back for my birthday and will try not to stay away so long again.Special Features:
- terrible service - the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012terrible service - the waiter who claimed tobe manager as well hovered over us and was too casual; he then gave us dessert menu and instead of walking up and asking us what we wanted he spoke to us and kept walking and we wanted to order something but he decided he did not want to listen...so we decided to just leave; when we complained about him to the other staff instead of apologizing he decided to confront us an fight back ...the worst service ever - ruined the entire experience