Azu Lucy Ho's
3220 Apalachee Pkwy
Tallahassee, FL 32311Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Azu Lucy Ho's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azulucyhos.com/
- Phone: 8508934112
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 11:30am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering info, please call 893-4112
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch is from 11:00 am - 2:30pm
A word from Azu Lucy Ho's
Azu features the best of Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, & Asian Fusion Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Azu Lucy Ho's - Best Restaurants in Tallahassee ›
Azu Lucy Ho's reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)great for brunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food/ Great ServiceDeliciousDinnerDined on 10/4/2014Delicious dinner for our party of 5. Excellent service ? Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfinderVIPDined on 10/3/2014Had another great meal at Azu--grilled calamari & rib appetizers, salt & pepper shrimp, curry short ribs & pork tonkatsu with hot sake. Great food, great service & THE BEST restaurant manager! LOVE going to Azu! Be sure you make a reservation because they are always packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAwill71Dined on 9/30/2014A gem right around the corner, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the Best brunch for the moneySirPhil61Dined on 9/28/2014Tallahassee is not known for great restaurants or eve . Great food for that matter. Most places are hit or miss and Sunday brunch at Azu by Lucy Ho is not an exception. We use to go way more often but found that we enjoyed it less and less each time. We were out and about and decided to give them another try. Masa, the manager is phenomenal and very accommodating. We arrived more than an hour ahead of our reservations and he seated us within fifteen minutes which is awesome to say the least. The tables heee seem to turn around fairly quickly considering it is a buffet brunch. Our waitress on the other hand seemed unfriendly, almost like she did not want to be there. Coupled with that, the sushi was not as good as we remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureneighborDined on 9/20/2014Always a pleasure, great menu, excellent service, food weil presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfinderVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had delicious meal (tuna tartar, yellowtail sashimi, BBQ ribs, egg drop soup, hot & sour soup & hot sake) and great service even though restaurant was packed! LOVE this restaurant! Manager is always very attentive and the food is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingEJ110400Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was excellent. Our server treated us like we were the only table she was working. The atmosphere was hip and stylish. But the food was the real star. Not your typical run of the mill menu. Apps & entrees are Intresting fresh and delicious. The prices are very reasonable!!! Loved it!!!Special Features:
- Jarin,family and friends no dogsJarinDined on 8/24/2014The food was very good. Seated right away and the wait staff was great .Just love good Mexican food (just kidding)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service. Owner/Mgr very attentive.Special Features:
- Don't pass this place up!RichHDined on 8/16/2014Friendly service from the moment you step in, so many choices and all so great that is makes it difficult to pick just one. Waitress was very knowledgeable of all the dishes. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityBlondebuttercupDined on 8/15/2014We went to Azu's on a whim Friday night and found it pleased us just as much as the first time. Francesca our server was wonderful and offered us suggestions on what to order. We will return.Special Features:
- Fresh, healthy, beautifully platedhealthydinerDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten at Azu's a half dozen times and each has been a great experience. The food is always fresh, hot, and beautifully prepared and presented. And you can enjoy wine/beer, an appetizer, a salad, and a main course without going bankrupt. Our server was friendly, but needs to learn some basic information about what she's serving: the number of ounces in the small vs. large glasses of draft beer for instance, and whether the restaurant uses MSG in its food preparation. We sent her back to learn the answer to the second question and learned Azu never uses MSG. The crawfish/avocado salad is a must!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!RandFgalDined on 8/9/2014Everything was exceptional from the food to the service to the atmosphere! A nice change from our typical experiences at the chain restaurants. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBarbaraDined on 8/6/2014Lucy Ho has done it again. Nice place with wonderful food and good service.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantshariDined on 8/5/2014We are from out of town and were in Tallahassee for business. We took 11 people to AZU's for a fun business dinner. We sat at one round table big enough for all of us and everyone was able to chat with each other. It was perfect. We ordered family style and the server put a lazy susan in the middle of the table. It was a perfect way to share all the items. The prices were fantastic with the Happy Hour drinks and the food. All of the food and drinks were great. The service was great too. She did a great job keeping us all straight. We will definitely be back if we are in the Tallahassee area again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service at SZUAANDW22Dined on 7/27/2014Jacqueline served us with a great attitude and friendly service. She did a great job taking care of us! Food was fresh and tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodEJ110400Dined on 7/18/2014Authentic food and nice atmosphere. Menu is broad with sushi choices, authentic Chinese as well as familiar favorites. Our tale varied from adventurous to very traditional and everyone enjoyed the selections. Will definatley go back; we've been told the brunch is great!Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY LUNCHmomaDined on 7/16/2014My guest enjoyed her birthday lunch -- so much so that she went back with her family.. She enjoyed the entrees and was happy with the service.Special Features:
- Sons birthdayDisappointedDined on 7/13/2014we drove from Murphy North carolina to celebrate our sons birthday because we had just recently celebrated there with our other son. Our reservations were not honored nor did the staff seem to care. We were very disappointed and although the food was excellent we will not be celebrating any other events at Azu. Very sad.
- Run of the mill.SimiflDined on 6/29/2014The menu looked interesting but the kitchen did not carry it off. Lukewarm soup, stale noodles, under spiced dishes.Special Features:
- The following 142 reviews are from the Azu Lucy Ho's reviews archive.
- First Time!ChowdaddyDined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner for my son's 19th birthday. We were dropping him off at FSU for the first time and did not know the area. This was recommended highly by open table and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and the owner went out of his way to make sure everyone in our party was happy. The only negative would be the waitress. She was not engaging and knowing we were celebrating did not even say Happy Birthday! I would recommend this restaurant and will come again.Special Features:
- FSU GRAD DinnermentzieDined on 5/3/2014The meal started off good with drinks and sushi Apps.We ordered dinner and the waitress dissappeared? Meals came out in 15-20 minutes and the food was good .But we could not get any refills on our beer or saki or missing side dishes[fried rice ect].The water glasses were filled often ,but we could not find our waitress even to get the check.They put 18% tip for the group but that was too much as it wrecked a outherwise good evening.They need service Help!!Special Features:
- Thank you, Azu Lucy Ho's!happymamaDined on 5/3/2014We made a reservation at Azu Lucy Ho's to celebrate our son's college graduation and commissioning into the USAF. My husband and I are FSU alumni, attending college in the late seventies and early eighties, so we have fond memories of Lucy Ho's. We were very pleased with the menu and the wait staff were patient with our party, as we had a few late arrivals. Thank you for a memorable experience! We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Tradition in TallahasseeBentleysluvlucyhoDined on 5/1/2014Awesome sushi, best calamari, fantastic spicy prawns, great chicken curry...Lucy Ho's has become a family tradition whenever we are in Tally to visit our FSU kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiPhoyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Our family get together was complimented very well w/great good & sushi @ Azu! They even wrote my name on the wasabi by request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful spot for any occasionTallyDinerVIPDined on 4/10/2014Best dish is honey chicken add minced garlic and tell the cool to make it SPICEY!! It is incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great portionsiPirryDined on 4/5/2014Great place to eat sushi. A very unique concept. Large portions!!! Should be enough ordering one roll per person.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating EstablishmentTeamBuildingTLHDined on 4/3/2014Had a party of 12 that at the time of the event news traveled of the departing coworker, and it turned into a gathering of 16. The owners made room for the additional people. Great food.Special Features:
- We had a large group (11)skimelmanDined on 3/30/2014We had a large group (11) for dinner and the restaurant was very accommodating. The service was excellent, food was served very promptly and was amazing. We highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Had delicious salmon entree,foodfinderVIPDined on 3/23/2014Had delicious salmon entree, Tonkatsu, lettuce wraps & sake! Great food and great service! We LOVE Azu! Will definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzuNeaKnowsItDined on 3/23/2014The food was great and so was the ambiance. The sushi here is always fresh and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with familyBobbyDined on 3/15/2014My daughter enjoyed the egg rolls so much that she wants to go back tonight. The sushi was very nicely prepared and presented. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedJenniferVIPDined on 3/14/2014We always have a wonderful meal at Azu. The majority of the time dinner consists of sushi, but changing to Lo Mein and also adding some tempura made this meal amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2014This was my third visit & it is consistently a good choice. The food is tasty, plentiful & interesting. We are always greeted & seated promptly. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- ValentinesJustineDined on 2/14/2014Although it was a very busy night, our sever was very attentive and the food was delicious. I had a very good experience and will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a Valentines Date NightOwl1Dined on 2/14/2014It was a Valentines Date Night and reservations were made via Urbanspoon's link to Open Table. Very cool, awesome way to make a reservation AND, We were seated right away, on time, when other people (with no reservations were waiting). We are very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!TStuartDined on 2/14/2014My favorite Chinese place in Tallahassee! The food is tasty and of good quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine'sDavidDined on 2/14/2014I've been to most Asian fusion restaurants in Tallahassee and didn't realize this one existed until a last minute Valentine's Day reservation on open table. Ambience, food, speedy and courteous staff made it an awesome experience. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment.LoveFoodDined on 2/14/2014Slow service, disinterested host, poorly dressed clientele. Order incorrect and unappetizing. We won't return.
- Excellent. As usualrogerDined on 2/3/2014This occasion was Chines New Year and the food was varied and excellent. Everything was kept fresh and easily available. The dishes were cleared quickly to allow the next round. This restaurant maintains high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.