AZN Restaurant - Charlotte
4620 Piedmont Row Dr
Charlotte, NC 28210Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
AZN Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://aznrestaurant.com/charlotte/
- Phone: (980)-819-9189x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2.30 pm, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00 pm to Close
Monday-Friday: 4:00 pm to Close , Sunday brunch 11:30 am-2:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Our Zen Room can accommodate up to 40 for sit down dinner and up to 60 for cocktail receptions in a private setting.On our Mezzanine level we can accommodate 25 for sit down dinner or 40 for reception style. Patio and full restaurant buy out events are also available up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Lee 8886086218
A word from AZN Restaurant - Charlotte
Pan Asian Cuisine, featuring favorites from China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia, with sushi, wine and spirits! Located in Charlotte's Piedmont Town Center, AZN is THE destination for the freshest Sushi, incredible Pan Asian entrees in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AZN Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Enjoyed AZN!CajuncraverVIPDined on 9/7/2014Two friends and I decided to dine at AZN. To my surprise Joe was our server, who is the same server I had last time and really did an excellent job. He really aims to please and is an asset to that restaurant. Okay to the food! One girlfriend had the steak and lobster, which I had last time I was there. Last time mine was really tender. This time her lobster was excellent but her steak was a bit tough. My other gf had the Hong-Kong panfried noodles, which she really enjoyed. I had the seven flavor basil beef which was delicious. For drinks we had plum wine with dinner. Yummy but sweet. Before dinner cocktails: Cool Sparkle which had muddled strawberries and one Japanese mojito. I think we all preferred the strawberry drink. Will return!Special Features:
- YummyYummy123Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed a beautiful dinner with my husband. Patio was beautiful & good was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly will returnCajuncraverVIPDined on 9/2/2014We dined here with another couple and therefore tried several different things to eat. We started out with sushi rolls. The favs: dragon roll and the spider roll. The volcano role was ordered but was ok. Two of us ordered the lobster and sirloin combo. I usually only like filet mignon so I was happy that the sirloin was tender and tasty. The other two people ordered red snapper oscar and both finished their plates! As far as cocktails we had some great drinks and some so-so drinks. I personally really enjoyed the kimono. I love ginger so that's why it was tasty to me. We also ordered the TyKu-Tini's, a low calorie drink...it was very watery, but one person liked it. Lastly, our server Joe was really attentive and made our visit great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreNEatsDined on 8/29/2014Food was decent but not worth the price. There was only one other table the entire time we were there (6:30-8pm). Pretty sad for prime time on a Friday night.
- TommVIPDined on 8/24/2014AZN serves food that was new to our tastes. Both of us chose dishes that were just not enjoyable for us.Special Features:
- Stache & CookStacheVIPDined on 8/23/2014Now we know why the place was almost empty on a Saturday night at 7:00 PM. The food is bad. You can see the ?chefs from the dining room and it turns you off when you see one stick his ungloved hand into a container for a fistful of lo mein noodles. We didn't try the sushi but the two entrees of surf and turf and Korean beef were very, very average to lousy. AZN needs to work on the food.
- delicious foodocrgirlDined on 8/22/2014not too crowded, good service and food, very pretty interiorSpecial Features:
- The dumplings were good.FoodiefoshoVIPDined on 8/21/2014That was about the only thing we were impressed with. My husband and I went on a Thursday, and all the other restaurants nearby were busy. AZN had two tables full in the whole restaurant. It was dead. We didn't try any sushi because the sushi counter was so dead (as in completely empty), we were somewhat afraid of how long the fish had been out/prepared. Our entrees were both AZN signature dishes, and while there are no immediate complaints, we just didn't feel impressed with anything. I will say, we were promptly greeted at the front by two hosts (I want to say the owners?), but that was simply because there was nothing else for them to be doing!
- AZN restaurantkitkatDined on 8/19/2014The food was very good with an Asian Fusion flare. We were there early (6 pm) on a week night so the noise level was very quiet, however it looks like a "hip" place for the younger set and the interior was very cool looking.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday!happyVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a girls' night out to celebrate a friend's birthday. The drinks were well made and the food was well prepared. It was a very nice night!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.WonderfulDined on 8/9/2014This was my first time at the AZN Restaurant and I would recommend it to anyone interested in fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & price were outstanding!DonaldDined on 8/9/2014The decor and ambience was very nice. Limited menu that to me is a PLUS in an oriental inspired restaurant. A rib eye/lobster special for $18.00 was superb and a lomein dish with beef,chicken,shrimp and veggies for $13.00 was great. Service was excellent and my only concern was with using Open Table to make my reservation. I wanted 5:30 pm and earliest I could get was 6:45 pm. But we arrived early and was seated immediately and there were "numerous" open tables available! I reported my concern regarding the reservation process and how some customers might have been turned away to seek the earlier seating. I saw no reason why earlier reservations were prohibited..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningizagdlifeDined on 8/8/2014Went there to celebrate my daughter's birthday and was delighted. The food was great and the staff was delightful. We found the restaurant beautiful and welcoming.Special Features:
- A(ZN) Okay!ErvingVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food choices across the board; large sushi and roll selection plus regular entrees. Nice wine list, including by the glass; several sake choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Welcoming StaffOscarDined on 7/26/2014Came here for Charlotte restaurant week; chose from a thoughtful prix fix menu and everyone around the table was happy. Very attentive and welcoming staff.Special Features:
- Not so great Asian foodCharlotteFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tried the 3 for $30 menu - disappointing. Quantity was "generous", but quality was lacking. Pork dumpling appetizer was low on flavor, but Red Dragon Shrimp was spicy, but a little too much breading. Walnut shrimp had too much breading on the shrimp, while the sushi plate had clearly been made much earlier as the rice was getting hard, but the sashimi toppings were generous portions. The tempura cheesecake was frozen on the inside while the exterior batter was not very crispy - suggested the dish had been made in advance then reheated for plating. While the service was very good and the setting is dramatic, the prices suggest a much higher quality food. The quality of AZN's dishes can be found elsewhere for a much lower price.
- Good Not GreatMicheleDined on 7/25/2014I went to AZN for Restaruant Week with my husband and some friends. The appetizers and dessert were delicious. 2 of our entrees were good but the other 2 ordered Korean Short Ribs and they did not like it, they said it was hard to chew. The service was also not very good. The waiter was MIA half the time and let our water and tea glasses get completely empty. Also it seemed like they were trying to space out our food since we ordered everything all at once but the spacing was off. We sat with empty dinner plates for at least 15 -20 minutes and they weren't cleared from the table until the dessert actually came out. The regular menu looked interesting so we might try this place again but there are other better restaurants closer to us.
- Duck huntingJanetDined on 7/25/2014As duck (eating) lovers we were excited to see duck on the menu. After a superb appetizer each we all chose duck. When it came the portion was large enough for 2 each, no worries there, it's our favorite! But the duck did not fall off the bone as we expected it to, it needed to have been cooked longer and slower. Service was great, wine was great....shame about the duckSpecial Features:
- Good Sushi and Appetizersfoodie17Dined on 7/23/2014Loved the Sushi and the appetizers here. The sake selection is ok. Not bad but nothing great. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, professional staffhawkeyeDined on 7/23/2014Our recent visit revealed the secrets of the Orient! Great food +professional=Fine dining. Recommendations by our server were spot on. Like Douglas McArthur, "we shall return."Special Features:
- Queens Feast Feast!DMACDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I took our daughter to AZN for a farewell dinner during restaurant week. We are regular patrons and the food was spectacular as always. Phenomenal choices and more food than we could eat during our three courses. Special mention for the roasted duck entre and the Korean Short Ribs, but we loved it all. Great staff and super friendly. Highly recommend AZN for any occasion and the fact that they have first class sushi is just a bonus.Special Features:
- WonderfulMilkyWayDined on 7/20/2014We had been wanting to give AZN a try and we were not disappointed. The service and food were outstanding. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Old-school and not real flexibleJLWPDined on 7/19/2014The food was pretty good, however we went for CLT Restaurant week and I was recently told not to eat spicy food. Most of the appetizers were spicy (there was 1 that wasn't but it was boring), so I asked if it could be non-spicy. Basically the server told me he was not allowed to vary. This is just poor customer service. We decided not to do the restaurant week menu and actually spent less, so their loss. The place just seemed dated with dishes prepared by servers table side that seemed just odd. The decor is more southwest to me versus Asian. We noticed the places wasn't that crowded and it was Sat night! Such a shame that they weren't that busy and still wouldn't flex on the menu. Don't think I'll run back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekSmjamboVIPDined on 7/18/2014Restaurant week is about trying new places and seeing if you will return. Unfortunately nothing here to make this stand out. Rather average overall.
- Good but PriceyeatupDined on 7/11/2014We were very excited to try another sushi restaurant. We arrived around 7:30 and the dining room was very empty for a Friday evening. We ordered a few rolls and were very disappointed with the portions, compared to other sushi places in the same area, for the price. The service was outstanding and we were very well taken care of. However, we left very hungry and with not much money left to go eat somewhere else that evening.Special Features:
- great findflykidsVIPDined on 7/2/2014Tasty and exciting food, quick service, great drink list, good selection of various items from seafood, chicken, beef, or noodles.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealTwiggyVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I went here for the first time and had dinner outside. It was quiet and the chairs were comfortable. We ordered the combination dumplings and the Kamikaze and the Enter the Dragon Sushi which was all really good. We did also order the fried cheesecake which was fine but average. I will admit that I was very surprised at how slow the restaurant was for a Saturday night. Figured for the food and ambiance, it would be a lot more busy than it was. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No body was thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Dissapointed that there were hardly any people there. Most of the patrons and ourselves ate outside. Inside was empty. We had to move indoors due to severe thunderstorm and staff was extremely helpful making sure everything on our table was moved indoors. Lovely interior but nobody was there. Kinda dead for a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 155 reviews are from the AZN Restaurant - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Tucked Away LocationBgorVIPDined on 5/19/2014AZN is located in a tucked away location of Piedmont Row, which houses several premium restaurants. I found AZN to provide quality food, but slightly overpriced for what you get. Conversely, I will say the Spicy Anna Soup is a sizable portion with great flavor and plenty of seafood. But the majority of the sushi, and dishes are around $20/plate. If you're in the area and want Asian/Sushi I would suggest trying it once, but don't expect a cheap to moderately priced meal.Special Features:
- Just ordinaryJasonVIPDined on 5/18/2014To many great restaurants to choose from, no need to settle for ordinary
- Best brunch everOkay2visitVIPDined on 5/12/2014I was there for Mother's Day brunch and it was incredible. Glad you had a nice turn out. Everyone should check this place outSpecial Features:
- Great Filling LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2014I'd been wanting to try AZN, so I suggested my friend meet me here for lunch. It wasn't very crowded so service was fast. The bento boxes are the way to go - fresh, filling (enough for 2 meals), and diverse. The outdoor seating was perfect for a summer day. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- DisappointedvisitorDined on 4/20/2014Liked AZN in the past for lunch or dinner but the Easter brunch was disappointing. The sushi was good, but the breakfast options were not and the hot food was edible but not good.
- Easter Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014We went for the Easter brunch. At least the crab legs were good and they did keep the tray full. There was very little variety and many trays in the buffet were continuously empty. Several items on the menu posted online were not there at all. The General Tzu's chicken was by far the worst item there, cold, tough, and flavorless. The sushi, when it was actually available, was below average.
- this time not as goodmickiVIPDined on 4/19/2014we've eaten there several times and loved it. this time the soup was tepid and had to be sent back. also my friend ordered shrimp and green beans but got chicken and green beans so that had to be sent back too. this time was a disappoint. i also did not like my dish, the spicy shrimp, which were quite greasy. better luck next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffJonesDined on 3/22/2014Good spot hidden from the other restaurants in the area. Food was goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealDMACDined on 3/7/2014Have eaten at AZN several times in the past year and every time has been great. Staff are knowledgeable and the service is great. However the great treat is the food. Love all the Asian takes on some amazing fish recipes. Especially like the Snapper Oscar. On the app size, the Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Poki is killer. Brought friends there for their first visit and they promised to keep coming. We will keep going back as well.Special Features:
- Great upscale Asian!MaddieraVIPDined on 2/28/2014Excellent food, attentive service. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- I ordered the signature ChileanJ4444VIPDined on 2/21/2014I ordered the signature Chilean sea bass dish and the sauce on it was super sweet. I would have expected something that didn't cater to people's sweet tooth as an entrée. We also had Vietnamese spring rolls that were actually pretty bad - they did not taste fresh. The fried calamari was supposed to have also ben a signature dish, but they were way over-battered and were not that good. Again, I felt like they were something I'd get at a fried calabash-styled restaurant and not a high-priced venue. Perhaps when the area is completely developed out there will be more people there, but, although we were a little early, the place was very empty.
- Food very good service not so muchglamourgirlDined on 2/15/2014terrible service, but good food. The manager was very nice. The bartender literally NEVER came over and asked if we would like a drink while we waited for our table. She made eye contact with us and didnt say anything. They werent even busy. Besides the service the food was very good. All the fish was fresh. I loved the chicken lettuce wraps!!I would recommend this to a friend.