8411 Brier Creek Pkwy
Raleigh, NC 27617Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azitra.us/
- Phone: 9194843939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant for more information.
A word from Azitra
Indian Culinary NirvanaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azitra reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)special occasion (12)romantic (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Keeps getting better and betterpr4n4yDined on 10/26/2014Visited Azitra again on Oct 26 with visiting friends and family. The service was exceptional as usual and everything from appetizers to desserts was meticulously crafted to perfection. Everything had a distinct flavor. Unlike most Indian restaurants, Azitra does not reuse its curries across different entrees. We have no excuse to visit another restaurant now. If we want a change, we will just flip over the menu and order a new dish next time, until we run out of their selection. That will probably take a long time because Azitra keeps updating its menu and there are several 'off the menu' selections Chandler (our host) keeps suggesting. Next time I won't bother with the menu. We will probably just sit down and have him surprise us.Special Features:
- Fantastic findvivroseDined on 10/18/2014We went to the movies and thereafter to the restaurant at 7:30pm. Our initial reservation was for 6:30 and we got 2 text messages to remind us. I texted back to let them know we'll be late and and we did not have a problem getting a seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food, lax serviceMEBMDined on 10/17/2014Azitra has a great menu and the food is interesting and delicious, but the servers less interested in making it a great dining experience than I would prefer.Special Features:
- Azitra reclaims its thronepr4n4yDined on 9/24/2014We tried Azitra about 5 years back and it seemed ok at the time. Since then, several new restaurants have opened in the region (Mantra, Raaga, Cholanad) and we never returned here. Went back on a whim because our favorite restaurants were too far to drive on a rainy day. Our host, Chandler was very friendly, jolly, and charming. Genuinely seemed invested in providing us the best experience he could. He recommended off menu entree' that turned out delicious. Quick service, authentic north Indian flavor, and generous portion sizes. When our check arrived, we were shocked to see it much less than what we expected. I cannot think of any area they need to improve on. Our only regret is not eating here more often in the last 5 years.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysbeefeaterVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is always good here. Not too spicy, unless you want it that way. Service was a little off even though it was not busy on a Saturday night. Food was delivered promptly, but no one stopped back. We needed more bread and rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I asked for their to be flowers if possible on the table and they delivered with some nice baby tulips. The food was quite tasty, lamb vindaloo was a bit hotter than I am used to but good. Pricing was a bit high but not rediculous for good Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience, Nice setting but..FoodieDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant has a nice setting/ambience but the food itself was selectively good..For example, the kebab platter was ridiculous - 5-6 small pieces of chicken and lamb not fully cooked..Shrimp was a little better. The Nan was good and so was the goat curry. The portions are small..Special Features:
- Delish food- HORRIBLE SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Food is great. Both veggie and meat dishes. Everything you would expect to see at an Indian restaurant plus some fusion surprises. Because of that, I will never turn down a chance to go here despite the horrible service i will describe now. Who was our waiter? There was one rude Indian guy and one confused Caucasian fellow...I guess they were tag-teaming? They took forever to take our orders which often had to be repeated to the alternate waiter. Once ordered, the food came promptly. However, they topped the night off by dumping a bowl of rice in my friend's designer purse, then offered to clean it out for her "indian style"...WHAT? Anyways, if you have time and patience and people to laugh with- the food is worth it. Otherwise NOSpecial Features:
- Great food, abysmal servicedragonflyDined on 8/10/2014Luckily, the food was worth the wait. We arrived with a reservation on a Sunday early evening. There were roughly 5 or 6 other tables, pretty quiet. We were seated right away, and placed our drink and appetizer. We had finished our appetizer when we realized the watier had never come to take our entree order. We asked the bus boy to find a waiter, 10 minutes later the waiter showed up and took our food order. The food arrived 35 minutes later. In that time, our water was refreshed by the bus boy, but the waiter never came back to refresh our drinks. Again, we had to summon him to ask for another round of drinks. The check was equally slow. Given that they weren't that busy, it was pretty darn awful service in terms of time.
- Excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014I loved the Lamb with pepper! the bread is delicious. There is a mango juice with Yogurt that you must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!FabianDakotaDined on 7/19/2014Lamb chops were fantastic! They will go out of their way to Accomadate your requestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyabbyladybugDined on 7/15/2014I live in Raleigh. My friend lives in Durham. We picked an in-between spot sort of randomly, and we were very pleased and surprised by the quality of the place. Great food (innovative and modern Indian). Cool modern interior. Prompt service. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- The following 315 reviews are from the Azitra reviews archive.
- Good but priceylcole66VIPDined on 7/1/2014This was my second visit so I knew what to expect from a price standpoint. It should be rated higher in the cost category as it is definately a $50/person event. Still, the food is spicey but flavorful; not necessarily 'hot'. Well prepared, it is brought to the table hot. It is colorful, tasty and fresh. The menu offers a number of options for everyone, seafood, vegetarian, lamb, pork and chicken. There is even a goat dish for the more adventerous. The service was prompt and professional. The server was close enough to be attentive but far enough to not intrude. The overall experience was WONDERFUL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaybeDined on 6/24/2014did not meet expectations or advertising. Other reviewers must have had a much different experience. would be OK for casual outing but pricey for that.
- Love this place!travelingptDined on 6/21/2014Cozy dinning with a romantic atmosphere. Efficient, attentive service. Fabulous presentation of flavorful dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than expectedlcole66VIPDined on 6/20/2014I had read a number of reviews where persons were less than happy about the service. I went ahead and tried it since I love Indian cuisine. The service was great. I would prefer dishes be delivered at the same time as opposed to just whenever they are ready but that is a Western Civilization thing and not a part of the Indian culture so I can accept it and choose to share my food until the other dishes arrive. The food was flavorful and not overly spiced. The selection is large and the service attentive without being overbearing. If there is a negative it would be the cost is greater than expected. For 2 adults and a child the total bill was over $120. A great choice for special occasions but to expensive for regular trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Indian restaurantDixieDined on 6/16/2014As this was our first time to the restaurant, we asked his recommendation. We told him to bring seafood, chicken, and lamb. Appetizer, curry and the grilled chicken and lamb came. Fantastic dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentaAJ2Dined on 6/1/2014Always consistent and great service-best Indian menu aroundSpecial Features:
- Very elegant Indian restaurantDougCVIPDined on 5/22/2014We have been to Azitra a few times. The Indian dishes are always good, and the service is attentive. We took some friends from out of town, we were a little worried that it may be "out of their comfort zone". They were very impressed with both the food and the atmosphere and very much enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great authentic Indian food!!!PrashantDined on 4/4/2014We chose this restaurant based on OpenTable rating and I'm glad that we did. The food was excellent - we ordered lassi, eggplant bhartha, daily yellow dal selection, roti, and peshawari nan - all items were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timesiloro18Dined on 4/3/2014My wife and I ate here for first time after looking for a new place to have a dinner that probably would not go with our 5 year old (who prefers hamburgers everywhere we go and was getting watched by his grandma). The decor was nice and the food tasted great. We had Gobhi Manchurian, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Lamb Rogan Josh. We were happy with our experience and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentAnnaDined on 3/25/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The ambiance was great and the noise level was wonderful so that our party of five could easily communicate with each other and not have to shout. Would highly recommend for lunch or dinner and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent dinnermrwufVIPDined on 3/8/2014As usaual everything was perfectly prepared with service that was attentive but not overbearing. Bravo.Special Features:
- great food, slow servicewineanddine86Dined on 2/15/2014I brought someone here for a birthday. With a reservation we walked immediately in. We sat for about 15 minutes before we were asked if we wanted something to drink, by that time we had figured out what we wanted to eat. The food was delicious, authentic with fresh ingredients. The drinks were great too. The low lighting in this place makes it romantic but its still functional for families as well. I would go again, just be prepared to wait.Special Features:
- Really good, genuine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Food is very high standard Indian fare. Service is efficient, food is always hot, and spiciness according to your request. In ten plus dines, I have never been disappointed....I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastykingchuckDined on 2/14/2014The food always is tasty and well prepared. They will cater to your level of spiciness. Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Azitra delivers!LPARDUEDined on 2/1/2014Azitra is always welcoming to my meetup groups. They are very adept at handling large parties. Service is fast and efficient. The food is outstanding. I especially appreciate Azitra's vegetarian and vegan offerings. I also like that they are on Open Table. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need More Personal Wait ServiceBettyDined on 1/25/2014For this restaurant to get a higher rating it would require a waiter dedicated to each table. Instead, a series of different people seem to wait on the table and one doesn't necessarily know what has been said to the previous person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian cuisine!DonMDined on 1/20/2014Azitra provided everything we expected. The food was excellent. The environment fit the cuisine and one could hardly ask for more attentive service staff. Two of us had eaten there several years ago and we enjoyed the same outstanding food then as now. That is, Azitra seems to be a consistent pleasure at which to dine. (Be just a bit cautious with respect to spicy-ness, however; two of our dinners were perfect; the third was a bit too hot, even for a spice lover. But, no problem; our two vegetarians swapped their dishes and all was well.) We won't wait so long for our next visit. If you like Indian cuisine, Azitra is top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePBandKDined on 12/31/2013Delicious! The food is always of great quality. My husband is pretty picky about Indian food restaurants and he agrees that it is a great spot that is close to our neighborhood. Service is always wonderful, too. Servers are very friendly. It's nice to have a restaurant like this in the area without having to travel downtown. My only comment of improvement would be that the 'appetizers' (ex. samosas) are a little light (only 2) for the price, but I suppose that I've encountered this at many Indian restaurants, so in some ways it is to be expected. Overall, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs updanmanley2299Dined on 12/27/2013I dont know why I bothered looking at the menu. Chandler asked us what we liked and brought out dishes to match our taste. It was dynamite. Great menu of gluten free and vegan foods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian!!!natoDined on 12/27/2013I'm not a big Indian food fan. My wife is. We both had a wonderful time. We basically asked our waiter to pick our food and ended up incredibly happy with everything he brought. Whether you're an Indian food connoisseur or not, give them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013The waiter created special meals for each of us based on our menu selection. He made suggestions for side vegetable also. The result was a very unique meal. I've been to Azitra for lunch but never experienced this type of meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!WolfpackbrandiVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food is excellent, I love the ambience. Def a winner.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian cusineOzilDined on 11/23/2013The ambience was pleasurable like the food and the service was quick on a Saturday evening at 7pm. We had the Chat of the Day to start, which was a reproduction of an Indian street food. It was tasty and palette cleansing, and prepared our senses for the entrees. We had the Kofta Anarkali, which is a vegetable-based dish that was beautifully presented and was delicious. We also had the Chicken Kozhambu, which had the level of spices and heat that I appreciated and was excellent. The Peshwari Naan bread was fresh, soft, and tasty. We will return to try the other well described meals on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but really good food.rmwillis13Dined on 11/16/2013The food was excellent. The restaurant was really, really loud. Not a date night restaurant, unless you like shouting at your date. They waiter was a little hard to understand, but that could be because it was so loud. They initially got our order wrong, but immediately and very graciously fixed it. I would highly recommend this place for great Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great but the onlyJazzgangDined on 11/16/2013Dinner was great but the only complaint is the service is slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAndrewDined on 11/6/2013This wasn't the first time we had been to Azitra, and won't be the last. We went with a large (8) party to celebrate my wife's birthday. Chandler was our waiter, who we've had before and makes the meal. We ordered everything off the menu, Chandler asked what we liked with questions like "Do you like Chicken, Beef, or Lamb?" and "Do you like it hot? how about curry?" and then would have them make something unique just for you. That extra step makes this place great. Above the great service, the food is wonderful. Not too hot, lots of flavor, and some unique flavors for everyone. Completely recommend this place if you're looking to get some Indian food with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and Delicious Indian menutarheeldinerVIPDined on 10/24/2013While I'm not sure I'd say I was in nirvana, I was very pleased with the meal we had at Azitra. Tried and true Indian dining favorites are on the menu, but they also had a number of less traditional dishes which I appreciated seeing. My goat dish was fantastic. I also thought we had some of the best Naan I've had in a long time. We ate lunch there, so not sure about the noise level on a busy night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, colorful atmosphereApexbeeDined on 9/29/2013Azitra is a striking restaurant with traditional and contemporary Indian food. Our party of three chose three dinners to share: eggplant, plus two contemporary seafood dishes, plus garlic nan. All dinners are served with rice. We enjoyed beautiful mixed drinks, the snake charmer and ginger martini were favorites. Small taste of homemade ice cream to finish. We dined early so the restUrNt was not full yet. It might be noisier when it's full but I suspect in a lively way. There's also a patio for outdoor dining. We had a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.