Azitra - Broomfield
535 Zang St
Broomfield, CO 80021Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Azitra - Broomfield
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.azitra.com/
- Phone: (303) 465-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM, Saturday 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Mangal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Azitra - Broomfield
Azitra Indian Restaurant in Broomfield, CO, offers authentic Indian cuisines with personal, group and business dining accommodations. We offer a richly varied menu of fresh, natural ingredients, wholesome sauces and a combination of flavorful spices that encourage a depth of flavor. Meat lovers will savor our lamb, chicken and seafood entrees whether grilled, tandoori style or simmered in one of our light sauces. We welcome group dinning and individual alike. Make your online reservation today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Azitra - Broomfield - Best Restaurants in Broomfield ›
Azitra - Broomfield reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Really great food!Susan80027Dined on 11/8/2014This was my third time coming to Azitra over the past year. I really love the food, and the ambience is very nice. This was the first time where the service was very slow. We arrived early evening, and there were still many tables available, so there should have been no reason for slow service, but we waited for the hostess fro several minutes to seat us, and waited quite a while to order. Otherwise, when the food arrived, it was excellent, and very large portions. I will definitely go back, but I hope they improve their service.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The chicken in both the Tikka Masala and Peppercorn Curry was very tender. All the dishes were delicious and the naan excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!roziliDined on 11/1/2014We went with friends and the food was fantastic. We were all very happy with our meals. We live an hour away and it is worth every minute of the drive to reach his little gem of a restaurant. More up scale than your typical Indian restaurant, nice wine selection, and most importantly excellent food taste and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Had we known they prepared the bread using raw garlic we would not have ordered it. Overall the food was fair to average. We've had much better. Will not return.
- Azitra- What a Gem!MissedSnowDined on 10/2/2014I'm not a big fan of Indian food because I don't like curry and have trouble digesting spicy food. This restaurant offered so many great choices that it almost seemed like Thai food but with all the traditional items you'd expect, e.g. Naan, from an Indian restaurant. They offer heat choices and even brought us a delicious free dessert after we passed because we'd eaten so much already.Special Features:
- Solid Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014Azitra is executing well made, traditional Indian cuisine with a bit of contemporary flair. It's a nice alternative to the more common hole in the wall and/or buffet Indian experience. They have a good wine and cocktail program to accompany the food as well. The design of the space itself is very nice and unexpected for the location... Great find for the burbs and nice to have a choice away from all the chains out at Flatirons.Special Features:
- Going downhillJohnDined on 9/26/2014Rises to come here a lot but since the restaurant came under new management it has started to go downhill in terms of food, service and portion size. We went last week and it took over an hour to get our food, they changed dishes too smaller ones so the portions you get are much smaller, service was also unfriendly. Also fairly sure they have changed the meat that they use. The chicken used to melt in your mouth but not any more :-(
- FABULOUS!!!BigFoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014I absolutely love Indian food and have been to many Indian food restaurants both in Colorado and across the country. I have been to Azitra many times since it opened. Their food is absolutely delicious!! The service is always great and the ambiance is very nice. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The food is amazingGirlWhoLovesFoodDined on 9/12/2014We have eaten here several times and always find the food amazing. The sauces are so flavorful. I love the Chicken Tikka Masala, but we have eaten several items off the menu and have enjoyed all of them. The garlic naan isn't to be missed. The service can be a bit uneven: drink orders slow, entrees arriving when appetizers are still being eaten, etc. That said, the food overshadows the service and makes dining here well worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodlunchingladiesDined on 9/9/2014We are so glad that we found this fantastic Indian restaurant! The food is incredible and the contemporary atmosphere is great too. Found it a few a months ago and have eaten there 6 times already. Just yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/8/2014Service was slowed and they opened ~10mins after posted hours with no apology. Food is good.Special Features:
- food great service notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Hostess doing multiple tasks with an attitude. Had to ask for things multiple times Manager onsite non hands onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceGloriaVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was ok. Naans were great, everything else was ok. The service was the worst we have received. It took a half hour to put in a drink order, no one ever came over to ask if everything was ok or anything was needed. It took another half hour to get the check. The restaurant was half empty. Won't be going back there.
- great placeezmom2Dined on 9/2/2014the manager took time to recommend dishes that were AMAZING and I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great for a much needed date nightWoodyDined on 8/23/2014Azitra was a great find. The food, service and ambiance made for a great date night with my wife and I. It is a little pricey, but the food was quite delicious and that made up for it. The menu items were a little different than the usual Indian places we have frequented in the past and in some cases had slightly different names. That did not matter as the food was outstanding. My dish had just the right amount of spiciness which was a plus. We chose several dishes that were both warm and cold and none disappointed us. The selection of beer was small, but the choices were diverse and in some cases unique. The wine list is extensive and even my wife, who do es not drink much, found a Riesling to her liking.Special Features:
- Awesome Indian!!FoodawesomenessVIPDined on 8/21/2014Wow! Don't think it is possible to get better Indian food than what is offered at Azitra. Service was ok, not awesome though. This place is my go to for Indian food, makes it almost impossible to try other Indian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great find. Must visit for Denver.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We found this restaurant while visiting the Denver area. We were greeted by a young woman named Shakira (sp). She was wonderful throughout the evening. We found out later that this was her first day. We were seated immediately. The menu is wide with selections available for every taste. The appetizers were amazing. They served a basket of pita breads for the table. We couldn't get enough. As a group we had the prawns, lamb, scallops and a chicken curry dish. My wife especially enjoyed the ability to control the heat of the dish. Unlike the rest of us she doesn't like I food. All offerings were presented with options of none,mild,medium or spicy. All food was cooked perfectly. Lamb and chicken juicy and tender. Prawns And scallops perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary Indian fareReedelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very good service, excellent Indian cuisine - both traditional and some more contemporary interpretations. The ambiance is modern and stark but not unpleasant. All entrees and appetizers were delicious. Cocktails were imaginative and well prepared.Special Features:
- Love this place!DoitrightDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was great! tastefully designed. Very interesting and different menu for Indian food. Yes, there were familiar menu items, but also, so much more! The rack of lamb was the best I have had and paired Pinot Noir from the "specials" wine list was perfect. Love this place!Special Features:
- Good LunchllrDENVIPDined on 8/4/2014This is one of our favorite lunch spots. We had the chef's special chaat appetizer. It had a little too much sauce for me. The cauliflower is one of my go to apps but it was just okay that day. Tomato & chicken soup that you can choose to come with your meal is really just tomato broth. Entrees were awesome, the goat vindaloo and the seafood curry. Both outstanding. We will keep returning.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Azitra - Broomfield reviews archive.
- Favorite Indian food in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014Favorite Indian food in Denver. Love eating goat and lamb with my hands!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodsolovoiDined on 7/5/2014Very, very good food. We had a prepared samosa (as one of the street food specials/chaat of the day), the best I have ever tried probably. The garlic naan was pretty good too, as was the palak paneer. The chana masala was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This was a nice restaurant. It was a little on the pricey side but I will say they had some of the best naan I have ever had. There was not very many people there so the service was fast. I liked their simplistic menus as well.Special Features:
- great food...surprisingly quiet.SusiqVIPDined on 6/7/2014The Indian food was great (Naan was delicious too!) The place,compared to M-F lunch time, was surprisingly quiet. Sorry for them because the food was really good... as always. The vindaloo was spicy (as advertised) but I needed something to cool it down (and I was brought a yummy raita to do just that!) So good! Thank you! Delicious food! Gluten free options were also available! :)Special Features:
- Very niceSabhiVIPDined on 5/31/2014Good food and ambiance. Will go there again and also recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and serviceRedsreviewDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious and perfectly cooked. The service was good as well.Special Features:
- The food is amazing!SusanSDined on 5/17/2014I think Azitra is the best Indian restaurant in Colorado! The food is amazing. I have been three times now, and each time I choose something different and have loved everything I tried. I brought my boyfriend this time, who had never tried Indian food, and did not think he was going to enjoy the curry dish I picked, but he loved it! We had the kabobs as an appetizer, so we could try the chicken, shrimp, and lamb, and it was superb. I ordered the coconut curry with shrimp and basmati rice and It was fabulous. We took leftover home and enjoyed them for lunch the next day. The wait staff was so nice. It was a pleasure to have dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealChadLDined on 5/10/2014We arrived early for dinner and found the place very quiet, but speed was not in the cards. We saw several different wait staff, but we were never sure who our official server was all evening. Drinks were not refilled unless something else was coming to the table, and we had to flag folks down to get a check. All that being said, the food was AMAZING! Everything from drinks to desert was out of this world. Every item perfectly prepared and well presented. Having had great service there in the past, I presume it was just an off night for someone, so certainly give these guys a try. If you love Indian fare, you'll be very smitten with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but service is poorHungryVIPDined on 5/9/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant. Nothing like being served the wrong order and then being expected to eat it because you tasted it not realizing it was the wrong order until you were a few bites into it. The waiter asked if I liked it and I said yes but he didn't bring what I actually ordered. When he finally returned to the table and I asked him to bring what I ordered he gave me the stink eye and a heavy sigh! Once receiving the correct order I did tell him that I thought is reponse was inappropriate. He did apologize when put on the spot but it felt insincere.
- Upscale IndianYummmDined on 5/8/2014Nicely decorated with old time favorites and new innovations, Azitra was a great Indian restaurant! We'll definitely be back...Special Features:
- Azitra - good indian foodLuv2DineDined on 5/2/2014Liked the food, would need more vegetarian choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in Broomfield!!!martyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Awesome! Our favorite in Broomfield. If you want great food this is the place. Not many people know about this place so it is never very busy. But the food is over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best indian food aroundTheRushDined on 3/22/2014I can't speak for boulder, but we've been to all the known restaurants in Denver. There is no doubt that azitra is head and shoulders above the rest in preparation and presentation. Being of Indian descent myself, and being a good cook with high standards, I know good indian food. I'm often disappointed for what passes as good indian good in Denver, when it's really only ok, nothing special. This is special. It shows the rich tradition of spices and methods that make indian food one of the great cuisines in the world. If you think you don't care for indian food, come here. You'll change your mind. This is what indian food is supposed to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysllrDENVIPDined on 3/3/2014We went for a Monday night dinner. Pretty quiet but the food was delicious. Had the shrimp app, they were cooked perfectly. Then the salmon and a spicy chicken dish. Will keep returning to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, medicore serviceRickDined on 2/19/2014The food was very good, but the service was mediocre. It took longer that expected to get the food and our waiter was a little non-attentive.Special Features:
- The food was good and attractivelydiner2Dined on 2/19/2014The food was good and attractively served. It is helpful to be educated on food from India when ordering. Ambiance was warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of India.. in Broomfieldmcb98Dined on 2/8/2014This was a great find for a nice evening out! From the moment we walked into the door until we left we had a great evening. The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding! We enjoyed every minute of our dinner there and were excited to bring home leftovers and warm naan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is what this restaurantAdamDined on 2/7/2014The food is what this restaurant is about. The flavors are so enjoyable to the palet. You pay for everything, including the condiments, such as mint chutney and raita. In other Indian restaurants, these items usually come (at no cost) with the food. The restaurant is overly quiet--too quiet for me. The service is a bit too slow and the staff isn't overly attentive. However, the food is delicious and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsCareyDined on 1/20/2014Had an excellent dining experience here for dinner. The food is very good and the staff is knowledgeable and nice. The prices are a bit high for dinner, but lunch is very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, authentic Indian foodquaereDined on 1/11/2014Attentive service, fantastic food. We highly recommend, & we will definitely return. Hands down the best Indian food we've found in the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.