Azitra - Broomfield
535 Zang St
Broomfield, CO 80021Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Azitra - Broomfield
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.azitra.com/
- Phone: 3034654444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM, Saturday 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Mangal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Azitra - Broomfield
Azitra Indian Restaurant in Broomfield, CO, offers authentic Indian cuisines with personal, group and business dining accommodations. We offer a richly varied menu of fresh, natural ingredients, wholesome sauces and a combination of flavorful spices that encourage a depth of flavor. Meat lovers will savor our lamb, chicken and seafood entrees whether grilled, tandoori style or simmered in one of our light sauces. We welcome group dinning and individual alike. Make your online reservation today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Azitra - Broomfield - Best Restaurants in Broomfield ›
Azitra - Broomfield reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great for a much needed date nightWoodyDined on 8/23/2014Azitra was a great find. The food, service and ambiance made for a great date night with my wife and I. It is a little pricey, but the food was quite delicious and that made up for it. The menu items were a little different than the usual Indian places we have frequented in the past and in some cases had slightly different names. That did not matter as the food was outstanding. My dish had just the right amount of spiciness which was a plus. We chose several dishes that were both warm and cold and none disappointed us. The selection of beer was small, but the choices were diverse and in some cases unique. The wine list is extensive and even my wife, who do es not drink much, found a Riesling to her liking.Special Features:
- Awesome Indian!!FoodawesomenessVIPDined on 8/21/2014Wow! Don't think it is possible to get better Indian food than what is offered at Azitra. Service was ok, not awesome though. This place is my go to for Indian food, makes it almost impossible to try other Indian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great find. Must visit for Denver.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We found this restaurant while visiting the Denver area. We were greeted by a young woman named Shakira (sp). She was wonderful throughout the evening. We found out later that this was her first day. We were seated immediately. The menu is wide with selections available for every taste. The appetizers were amazing. They served a basket of pita breads for the table. We couldn't get enough. As a group we had the prawns, lamb, scallops and a chicken curry dish. My wife especially enjoyed the ability to control the heat of the dish. Unlike the rest of us she doesn't like I food. All offerings were presented with options of none,mild,medium or spicy. All food was cooked perfectly. Lamb and chicken juicy and tender. Prawns And scallops perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary Indian fareReedelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very good service, excellent Indian cuisine - both traditional and some more contemporary interpretations. The ambiance is modern and stark but not unpleasant. All entrees and appetizers were delicious. Cocktails were imaginative and well prepared.Special Features:
- Love this place!DoitrightDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was great! tastefully designed. Very interesting and different menu for Indian food. Yes, there were familiar menu items, but also, so much more! The rack of lamb was the best I have had and paired Pinot Noir from the "specials" wine list was perfect. Love this place!Special Features:
- Good LunchllrDENVIPDined on 8/4/2014This is one of our favorite lunch spots. We had the chef's special chaat appetizer. It had a little too much sauce for me. The cauliflower is one of my go to apps but it was just okay that day. Tomato & chicken soup that you can choose to come with your meal is really just tomato broth. Entrees were awesome, the goat vindaloo and the seafood curry. Both outstanding. We will keep returning.Special Features:
- Favorite Indian food in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014Favorite Indian food in Denver. Love eating goat and lamb with my hands!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodsolovoiDined on 7/5/2014Very, very good food. We had a prepared samosa (as one of the street food specials/chaat of the day), the best I have ever tried probably. The garlic naan was pretty good too, as was the palak paneer. The chana masala was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This was a nice restaurant. It was a little on the pricey side but I will say they had some of the best naan I have ever had. There was not very many people there so the service was fast. I liked their simplistic menus as well.Special Features:
- great food...surprisingly quiet.SusiqVIPDined on 6/7/2014The Indian food was great (Naan was delicious too!) The place,compared to M-F lunch time, was surprisingly quiet. Sorry for them because the food was really good... as always. The vindaloo was spicy (as advertised) but I needed something to cool it down (and I was brought a yummy raita to do just that!) So good! Thank you! Delicious food! Gluten free options were also available! :)Special Features:
- Very niceSabhiVIPDined on 5/31/2014Good food and ambiance. Will go there again and also recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and serviceRedsreviewDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious and perfectly cooked. The service was good as well.Special Features:
- The food is amazing!SusanSDined on 5/17/2014I think Azitra is the best Indian restaurant in Colorado! The food is amazing. I have been three times now, and each time I choose something different and have loved everything I tried. I brought my boyfriend this time, who had never tried Indian food, and did not think he was going to enjoy the curry dish I picked, but he loved it! We had the kabobs as an appetizer, so we could try the chicken, shrimp, and lamb, and it was superb. I ordered the coconut curry with shrimp and basmati rice and It was fabulous. We took leftover home and enjoyed them for lunch the next day. The wait staff was so nice. It was a pleasure to have dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealChadLDined on 5/10/2014We arrived early for dinner and found the place very quiet, but speed was not in the cards. We saw several different wait staff, but we were never sure who our official server was all evening. Drinks were not refilled unless something else was coming to the table, and we had to flag folks down to get a check. All that being said, the food was AMAZING! Everything from drinks to desert was out of this world. Every item perfectly prepared and well presented. Having had great service there in the past, I presume it was just an off night for someone, so certainly give these guys a try. If you love Indian fare, you'll be very smitten with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but service is poorHungryVIPDined on 5/9/2014It was our first visit to this restaurant. Nothing like being served the wrong order and then being expected to eat it because you tasted it not realizing it was the wrong order until you were a few bites into it. The waiter asked if I liked it and I said yes but he didn't bring what I actually ordered. When he finally returned to the table and I asked him to bring what I ordered he gave me the stink eye and a heavy sigh! Once receiving the correct order I did tell him that I thought is reponse was inappropriate. He did apologize when put on the spot but it felt insincere.
- Upscale IndianYummmDined on 5/8/2014Nicely decorated with old time favorites and new innovations, Azitra was a great Indian restaurant! We'll definitely be back...Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Azitra - Broomfield reviews archive.
- Azitra - good indian foodLuv2DineDined on 5/2/2014Liked the food, would need more vegetarian choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in Broomfield!!!martyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Awesome! Our favorite in Broomfield. If you want great food this is the place. Not many people know about this place so it is never very busy. But the food is over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best indian food aroundTheRushDined on 3/22/2014I can't speak for boulder, but we've been to all the known restaurants in Denver. There is no doubt that azitra is head and shoulders above the rest in preparation and presentation. Being of Indian descent myself, and being a good cook with high standards, I know good indian food. I'm often disappointed for what passes as good indian good in Denver, when it's really only ok, nothing special. This is special. It shows the rich tradition of spices and methods that make indian food one of the great cuisines in the world. If you think you don't care for indian food, come here. You'll change your mind. This is what indian food is supposed to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysllrDENVIPDined on 3/3/2014We went for a Monday night dinner. Pretty quiet but the food was delicious. Had the shrimp app, they were cooked perfectly. Then the salmon and a spicy chicken dish. Will keep returning to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, medicore serviceRickDined on 2/19/2014The food was very good, but the service was mediocre. It took longer that expected to get the food and our waiter was a little non-attentive.Special Features:
- The food was good and attractivelydiner2Dined on 2/19/2014The food was good and attractively served. It is helpful to be educated on food from India when ordering. Ambiance was warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of India.. in Broomfieldmcb98Dined on 2/8/2014This was a great find for a nice evening out! From the moment we walked into the door until we left we had a great evening. The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding! We enjoyed every minute of our dinner there and were excited to bring home leftovers and warm naan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is what this restaurantAdamDined on 2/7/2014The food is what this restaurant is about. The flavors are so enjoyable to the palet. You pay for everything, including the condiments, such as mint chutney and raita. In other Indian restaurants, these items usually come (at no cost) with the food. The restaurant is overly quiet--too quiet for me. The service is a bit too slow and the staff isn't overly attentive. However, the food is delicious and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsCareyDined on 1/20/2014Had an excellent dining experience here for dinner. The food is very good and the staff is knowledgeable and nice. The prices are a bit high for dinner, but lunch is very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, authentic Indian foodquaereDined on 1/11/2014Attentive service, fantastic food. We highly recommend, & we will definitely return. Hands down the best Indian food we've found in the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisejebarilDined on 12/25/2013A great surprise on Christmas Day. Great service and a wonderful manager who kept tabs on everything. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional. DiningWBeatsDined on 12/24/2013The restaurant did not disappoint. We took our son-in-law who is eastern Indian and thought the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to DenverCatbaerDined on 12/24/2013My son just moved to Denver and we found this restaurant based on previous reviews. Our waiter was fantastic, and helped us choose entrees based on our likes. The food was so good! I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and look forward to going back again!Special Features:
- Great FoodLelandDined on 12/21/2013Really enjoyed the atmosphere and service as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerFoodieCoupleDined on 12/6/2013We love Azitra. It is fantastic for all our friends to go to (veggies, gluten free, etc.) and everybody loves the food! The crab masala was my choice this past time. I love how much crab is in it! Most places would skimp, but Azitra gives you plenty every time. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone for every occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovenAzrita! Fantastic IndianDeejDined on 12/2/2013LovenAzrita! Fantastic Indian food in a great, modern environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! Loved the food andKJOSIMPSONDined on 11/30/2013Fabulous! Loved the food and the great service! Made our girls' lunch really special :)Special Features:
- authenticBillKVIPDined on 11/13/2013Service was gracious but a bit difficult to understand through some of the staff's accents. My salmon was delicious, but my group in general found Indian is an acquired taste. sparkling clean andinviting; large open room. If you're an Indian fan don't miss it. Since food should be fun, this is worth a tryI would recommend this to a friend.
- don't pass up on this restaurant..AndieatsalotDined on 11/8/2013This is a must try. I've been to Azitra severl times. All thw dishes have been amazing and they use authentic indian spices that you dont find at other indian restaurants. Dont pass up this opportunity by going to the same boring indian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the basicsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Not being familiar with indian food, the menu was hard to order from as not very descriptive. Had to rely on waiter for suggestions, even then, there was not much to go on. Portion sizes for the price were mediocre. Furthermore, there are no prices on the menu, so you get to be surprised with the check. Ordered house wine and was charged a $8 per glass, which was conservatively poured.Special Features:
- Surprise! It's great Indian food.CreetownmanDined on 10/24/2013Went her with 2 other couples one of which had never had Indian food in her life. The waiter was patient explaining choices, styles, and ingredients of the dishes available and was extremely attentive to our group. It was a slow night for them, which may have made the personal attention easier for them to pull-off, but still they didn't HAVE to do that. Very good wine list (not great but very good) and the food was as aromatic and flavorful as you would want and expect. Prices were a little high for Indian food, but you get what you pay for. This was worth every dollar. If you're going to get heartburn and you are going to have a bunch of calories, but you want to make both worth your while -- this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian restaurant in ColoradoRahulDined on 10/21/2013Have eaten at several Indian restaurants in Colorado Springs and Denver. So far this was the best overall dining experience !! Delicate and exciting food. Recommend it highly. RahulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzitrajlunnVIPDined on 10/21/2013I was a little hesitant to try Asitra however their ratings had me interested. I actually found it to be very delicious.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodie9Dined on 10/19/2013Nice mix of traditional and modern Indian cuisine. Management is very polite and friendly. Food is fantastic. While not obviously kid friendly, we have had no issues bringing our three kids (10, 8, 6 months).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.