241 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.azionefamilystyle.com/
- Phone: 2152389983
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Britain Burgos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Azione offers unique ambiance and private dining to enjoy our "Family Style" Italian Dining from Chef Joseph Nocella; Our Azione Room offers flair and warmth to be enjoyed for power luncheons, private dinners and family affairs! Private Menus start for $27.99 with optional bar package.
- Private Party Contact: Thomas McAleer 2152389983
- Entertainment: The Azione Lounge will offer weekend entertainment with Friday night Live Jazz and Saturday night DJ's spinning funk, house and disco. Expect weekned bar features for the Azione Lounge too!
- Public Transit: Azione will offer private dining packages and select tasting menus from Chef Joe Nocella's featured Italian family style dining. Select bar features to compliment all events will be available upon request and allow for diverse combination of menus and variety of concepts for each special occassion. Guests may choose from combination of appetizers,
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Guests can find parking for Azione at the North corner of Front and Chestnut which offers street level parking and garage parking on Second Street between Market & Chestnut. There is also metered parking available on Front Street between Market & Walnut.
A word from Azione
Azione will allow guests to enjoy "Family Dining", a style which offers genuine Italian cuisine from Chef Britain Burgos; served with professional flair and still allow guests to feel as if they are in the comfort of their own home. Azione will create lasting memories with a combination of elegance and a unique vibe of family style dining in the heart of Old City creating that real Philly experience for neighborhood guests, historical tourists, hotel guests and the local gallery crowd. Azione's Bar will allow for guests to sample a combination of cutting edge cocktails, specialty wines, and craft beers while still enjoying a family style and sense of comfort. Chef Britain Burgos has prepared a combination of genuine Italian flavors to be shared at the table including Italian Antipasti, Sunday Gravy and Seafood Fra Diablo; our staff includes experienced restaurant professionals that understand even when we are busy, we welcome our guests to Azione and help all feel right at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azione reviews from OpenTable diners
- we celebrated our daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2012we celebrated our daughter's graduation here with a family dinner and everyone loved the food, location, service and atmosphere.
- Not bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012Place was taken over by another company and the name changed which made it a little difficult at first to find. Food was great, but the menu was a tad limited. Additionally, it seemed that the bar was limited in their ability to make specialty drinks. Service was prompt and attentive. Noise level was pretty high and made it difficult to enjoy our meal. I probably would come back but just for a quick lunch.
- If you have not yet visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012If you have not yet visited Azione, it is definately worth your time! Not over-priced, and great service. My wife and I took my parents there to treat them since they would always find a way to treat us. None of us had ever been here before, but we were instantly impressed. The food was served family-style between our party of four and although none of us were shy eaters, there was still plenty to be taken home. We had a wonderful experience and will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- Our waiters were fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Our waiters were fantastic. Fun, friendly, and attentive. Our drinks were never empty and our table never cluttered. The food was amazing too. Overall we had an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great evening at AzioneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012My wife and I really had a great time. We believe that the keys to a great restaurant are the ambiance and service and they nailed it. We enjoyed the selection that they had and even though it is family style, they are very accomodating for individual orders as well. The wine list is good and the prices are very reasonable. We managed to have multiple appetizers, entrees, and both ordered dessert and a bottle of wine all for about $100. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try a nice new italian restaurant in Philly.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012The restaurant was nice and the service was great. However, when the entrees came the pasta was cold and our vegetables weren't cooked.
- Without question the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/6/2012Without question the worst dining experience I have had in Philadelphia. Waited 35 minutes for our first round of drinks, and then they brought flat champagne, the wrong wine and incorrect drinks. The waitress didn't know if the mushrooms were stuffed with crab or sausage (is there a difference?). Then the food came in droves. Entrees were arriving before some of the appetizers were even on the table. When we mentioned this to the manager, some of the food was taken away, never to return, which may have been a blessing as some of the entrees were inedible, the rest was bland. When the bill came, we were charged for the bottle of wine that we returned. Amazed that it was so bad, since I like their sister restaurant, La Scala. Avoid
- I was expecting a delay inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I was expecting a delay in service and perhaps a limited selection of food choices because of my 9 pm reservation However,it was beyond my lowest expectations!The staff was very pleasant but harried The waitress tried to accomadate us but the kitchen was not cooperating We choose Family style because we were told we would be served faster Well we recieved our Caesar Salad on time then everthing else was a mess Stuffed Mushrooms arrived with our pasta which was congealed The manager did not even apologize or try to serve with our main course made us feel like we were inappropitae with our request....Then the server asked if we would like our check after a 40 minute site unseen We never had the food what a mess
- My experience with AzioneJamesDined on 12/31/2011My experience with Azione was mixed. Food wise: my girlfriend and I got a divine eggplant parmigiana and an okay beef française. Overall I would say that the quality was very good. Service wise: the restaurant seemed to be critically understaffed. Our waiter was taking care of at least five tables AND serving as bartender. I felt sorry for the guy. The kitchen was slow: it took us 50 minutes to get our main course. As a way of apologizing for the delay, the manager offered us a free carafe of wine, which I thought was a nice gesture. Bottom line: the place has a potential to be great but is not quite there yet.
- In the WeedsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I booked four days ahead of New Years Eve and wanted to pick somewhere we hadnt eaten before. The online info varied on the pricing and one review wasnt bad. Turned out to be a huge disappointment. We waited 2 hours for our dinner to come, and then it was the smallest plate of chicken marsala and veal francais I've ever seen. It was supposed to come with pasta and 1/2 hr later we got that but with no sauce, which took 15 more minutes to get. Place should shut down till they get their act together. Seriously.