229 Peachtree St.
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aziodowntown.com/
- Phone: 4042220808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - close,; Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Zachary Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kohler 4042220808
A word from Azio Downtown
For more than a decade, Azio Downtown has established itself as a cornerstone to diners in the downtown area. They offer a contemporary interpretation of traditional Italian cuisine in a refined yet casual setting. Offering a stunning ambience, a vast selection of Italian fare and a reputation for great service, Azio Downtown is the perfect option for dining out downtown - lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azio Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Why have I not eaten here before!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014I come to Atlanta 2-3x a year and have passed by the tinted windows of Azio nearly every time. So when I visited town with my two grown daughters on a very crowded weekend, I did not think of this restaurant when I searched for somewhere on OpenTable that had seats and reasonable prices. We were very happy with the results. Both of my daughters' pasta choices were gigantic and delicious. My pizza was wonderful. We will recommend it highly going forward. Very attentive and charming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I love to eat here. I come to Atlanta every year for vacation, and I always make sure I eat here. The service is great, but the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Went two nights in a row with customers. Very busy with show in town, but service was prompt and friendly. Food very good and great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBigDaddyGDined on 8/12/2014This is probably my favorite place to have lunch. Working downtown for the past 10 years, this is always my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JunebugVIPDined on 8/2/2014Either the chefs had a bad day, the waiter was having a bad day, we picked a bad day and/or the previous reviewers were wrong. Was not a good choice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter Joey was awesome. He made the evening. Food was very good and would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Sub Par ServiceHungryinatlVIPDined on 7/12/2014We went during a busy market time, we had a reservation and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. However, we waited 20 minutes to be acknowledged by a waiter who simply asked if we were doing OK. When I told him that we weren't sure if we had a waiter, he began to become very condescending and saccharine in the way he spoke to us. He gave us the specials and recommendations and when I told him that one sounded good, but that I needed shrimp only and not the chicken that it usually came with as well, he assured me that was no problem. I am not sure why I was shocked when it arrived with both shrimp and chicken! I sent it back and was given a replacement relatively quickly. However, there was no compensation made for the mistake!Special Features:
- Great As AlwayslovetocoastDined on 7/12/2014I try to go to Azio every time I'm staying in downtown Atlanta for market. It's always wonderful! Our server, Henry, was great and the food was fantastic, as usual.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceByrdVIPDined on 7/11/2014We both had pizza, and they were very good. The portions are very large including the desserts.Special Features:
- good italian downtowndiningoutDined on 7/10/2014We always dine at Azio when in Atlanta for Market. The food is very good and the service is fair for a busy restaurant. Very generous portions and good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tricky finding it, but worthyDbjone2Dined on 6/30/2014the entrance is actually on Andrew Young, so we were really glad our Open Table directions listed the cross street. This restaurant is huge, but the way it is divided feels very intimate. The interior is gorgeous, and the food and service match that. We had been eating out for two weeks in a row, and just wanted fairly predictable pasta. That said, My husband's Bolognese was really unique. He loved it! I ordered the pasta Florentine, and while it was good, it was kind of ordinary. The salad I ordered, on the other hand, was NOT ordinary! The Ensalada Tricolore was superb. Loved the light dressing. We also had calimari, and that was pretty interesting with spicy peppers included.Special Features:
- Solidly good.ChrisDined on 6/30/2014The food at Azio's was perfectly good. I had the pasta bolognese, and it was rich, not hugely memorable, but I was happy to eat it. This was a solid experience. Nothing to write home about, but they were able to accommodate a dinner for 12, and service was attentive and informative.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome find!mstev2232Dined on 6/28/2014Azio Downtown was a great find. Excellent food in downtown location. Service was also excellent. Yum!Special Features:
- Great pasta Specials!kallportVIPDined on 6/17/2014The pasta specials are always exciting at Azio's. They always invent something that is tasty and loaded with extras, like shrimp, pork, mushrooms, etc. If you get a chance try it.Special Features:
- Friendly and DeliciousChristineg30Dined on 6/17/2014A group of us recently chose this restaurant for a dinner meeting while we were all in Atlanta for a conference. They gave us a large round table which made it easier for us to talk to one another during the meeting and our server was very attentive the entire time. We all got different entrees and they were all delicious. The portions were perfect and the deserts just set the experience off. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This place was awesome! A 3 girlfriends and I were in town on a get away trip, we found this place online and had noticed it while walking around the downtown area. Decided one night to go here for one of the girls' birthday. We made reservations, as we didn't know how busy it would be. We walked there as it wasn't far from our hotel, and lucky for us, it wasn't busy at all! We were seated right away and were given our choice of table :) Our waiter was extremely attentive, friendly and nice! The food and wine were very good and reasonably priced! I would definitely return to Azio Downtown again and would recommend to it friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodhappyfoodieDined on 6/11/2014Food wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. All of the food items that we ordered were pretty bland. But nice quiet place and great service!Special Features:
- What a great find!phillyfamilyVIPDined on 5/15/2014We took our three kids there for an unexpectedly late dinner, possibly expecting a disaster of a meal. Instead, the staff made it a wonderful experience! They found pens and paper for the kids to draw, they chatted with them when they finished eating ahead of us, and they brought them complimentary desserts...which made their night! Our food was superb (especially the bruschetta), and they had my favorite Zinfandel on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 417 reviews are from the Azio Downtown reviews archive.
- vacation stop overwoodsDined on 5/3/2014food, atmosphere was food noise level was high but only because of proms. waiter was upmost pleasant and attentive. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingBadServiceGoodFoodDined on 5/3/2014The food was really really good, but one thing that really messed everything for my experience was the fact that the entire time we were there the waiter only showed up one time throughout the entire meal and that was when he took our order. I had to get up and ask another waiter for a refill for my water several times. I also had to go up to another waiter to tell them I was ready to pay, but right when I did he came up for me to pay and tip. Needless to say he didn't receive much tip. The food was amazing and I would love to eat there again, but that waiter needs to be fired. I saw him time and time again go to every single table several times to see if they needed anything and refill their drinks and yet never even looked at my table.Special Features:
- Great as always!SouthernAgendaDined on 4/30/2014I attend Americasmart several times a year and ALWAYS plan on at least one evening at AZIO. I can count on a nice glass of wine, a crisp wedge salad, and other wonderful fresh plates. Service is always friendly and knowledgeable. I was thrilled to find an easy way to make a reservation this trip too. Thanks Azio!!!Special Features:
- Lunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Our team celebrated Administrative Professional day by taking our Administrative Assistant to lunch. Azio's was an easy choice and they were readdy for us when we arrived for our reservation. The meal was delicious and we were in a quiet area so we could easily enjoy conversation. Our waiter was courteous and very attentive. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very suprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014This was my first time at Azio's Downtown. I have often seen it but just passed by. I decided to try it and was suprised. Alot of choices, the server made some suggestions and our order came quickly. The food was very good. I will be back to try somthing defferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNancyDined on 4/12/2014The server was not knowledgeable, and not apologetic for serving the wrong wine and then double billing for the replacement. Food was ordinary at best. An Italian restaurant that doesn't serve cappucino. This place has gone downhill. Its only advantage is that it's close to the downtown hotels.
- A little disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I have heard about Azio forever and tried if for my son's birthday dinner. They seemed very unorganized, even from the moment we arrived. Waited 10 minutes to speak to someone...and there was only one party ahead of us. Waiter was running around like the evening was chaotic but the restaurant wasn't even half full. Made the evening a little uncomfortable. The food was average at best. Even the bread that was served as we were seated seemed very institutional. No flavor, pretty boring. Cool place, food and service are not worth the price. And it's not very expensive.
- Maybe it was a bad night?DaveincincyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Business dinner for 7 One person ordered the seafood pasta special and had to return it TWICE because the pasta was cold. To their credit, they comp'd dessert, but I still ended up paying for that entre
- Consistently deliciousdeac84Dined on 3/29/2014Azio's has been a favorite dining spot for our annual trip to the Hinman Dental Meeting in Atlanta. I love their pasta dishes and try a new one almost every year. The Spaghetti Rustica is one of my favorites, mixing a mildly spicy sausage with the red sauce and noodles. Great pizza and the chicken Marsala is to die for. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Great authentic Italian foodJerryDined on 3/28/2014THis is authentic Italian food from someone who is full blooded Italian. The prices are quite reasonable and the service is good. Reservations not required, but I recommend making them just in case there is a big crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and good serviceKMurphyDined on 3/28/2014We were in town for a conference 2 years ago and ate at Azio. We had a great experience then and decided to go back and it did not disappoint! Great Italian food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, good food.SingerDined on 3/21/2014Our waiter at Azio's was great. He came to us right away and we received everything very quickly. The food was very good, reasonably priced. Our reservation was on Friday night at 5:45, the restaurant wasn't crowded at that time. Glad we went!Special Features:
- Sweaty ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2014The food was good but service was very slow. The worst point was our server was sweating profusely. There was concern his sweat would drip in our food - yuck!I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do Italian just fine in ATL!26pt2runnerVIPDined on 3/17/2014We enjoyed Azio. It can be expensive but we were in the mood for pasta and that side of the menu is quite reasonably priced. The food was good, service was efficient if a little indifferent. The wine list is average, but nicely selected. I would definately return the next time I visit Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food downtown AtlantaLuv2goDined on 3/15/2014Just a block way from the Ritz Carlton and Westin hotels is a great Italian restaurant. The food and wine was very good as were the desserts. I had the veal picatta and my wife has salmon. Both very tasty and not over-cooked. Will definitely go back. One suggestion to the restaurant: bring in a nicer bourbon selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom 2014!SamanthaDined on 3/15/2014Myself and a group of friends found this restaraunt and thought it would be a great choice for our senior prom! All in all I give it five stars! We walked through the door and were immediately welcomed, our waiter was awesome! Great food and a great time, made a great start to our perfect prom night!!!! Thanks again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian place downtown AtlfiftiesdeanDined on 3/6/2014Good food, unique pasta dishes. They were able to make custom order dishes as well. This is a great Italian restaurant in area littered with national chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, very good serviceRSBDinerDined on 3/6/2014I would dine here again. Picked it based on cuisine and location. Great find. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not as good on this visitBobFromOhioVIPDined on 3/5/2014I've enjoyed visiting Azio during past trips to Atlanta, but this time it just didn't click. My wife and I ordered a bottle of wine, salads, and pizzas. The salads came out very quickly, but no wine. After our waiter walked by our table a couple of times and our salads were almost finished, we finally flagged him down and asked about our wine. Apparently someone else was supposed to have brought it. Sorry, but we would much rather have received it before our salads, certainly not after, and given he kept walking by, how hard would it have been to verify that no one else had brought it out? Our pizzas were very good, though mine was not cooked extra as requested, but by then I had given up on expecting good service.Special Features:
- Cool downtown vibe/food disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014With prime downtown location and decor, I was expecting more of an upscale dining experience. The food was comparable to a chain restaurant - and just not very good. Servers were nice... Because it wasn't that busy, it seemed to draw in groups of families and tourists just looking for a place to eat... Better than fast food - but not great...
- V DayMarkDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time at AZIO. We booked our reservation on Open Table and when we arrived everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Valentines Day Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was my first visit here and I happened along this restaurant as a last minute reservation and location change. I was surprised to even find anything else with an open reservation. I wanted to surprise my husband with a nice dinner and this was definitely a great choice! The staff were absolutely amazing and very friendly. Will definitely recommend everyone I know to eat here, especially for a romantic dinner, even though it could also work as a girls night our dinner spot. Prices were excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.