229 Peachtree St.
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aziodowntown.com/
- Phone: (404) 222-0808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - close,; Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Zachary Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kohler 4042220808
A word from Azio Downtown
For more than a decade, Azio Downtown has established itself as a cornerstone to diners in the downtown area. They offer a contemporary interpretation of traditional Italian cuisine in a refined yet casual setting. Offering a stunning ambience, a vast selection of Italian fare and a reputation for great service, Azio Downtown is the perfect option for dining out downtown - lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azio Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (16)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- S1lvrfxDined on 11/12/2014This is the best restaurant downtown for a group lunch. We go there many times during the year to celebrate birthdays, etc. The service is exceptional - especially in the back. They realize that most people during the lunch time is on an hour break and do the best to get you out in time. Food is the best around and they have a great menu with lots of choices. Go - you'll not be dissatisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night Spot0603Dined on 11/9/2014Awesome location, you can drive (park directly across the street) or take marta (train). We went for a Sunday night dinner and had a great time. Our server was extremely attentive and very friendly. The food was good & there's a good wine selection. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always YummyburrtkdVIPDined on 11/9/2014I have eaten here several times and every time I go, the food is outstanding. If you love Italian, this is one place to go! I will eat here again when I go back to Atlanta :)Special Features:
- Everytime I go it is great!S1lvrfxDined on 11/7/2014We always ask for the back room. The waitress back there understands a lunch "hour" and gets us in and out - always great service, always great food. I've never had a bad lunch there. I live out of town, so I don't get there for dinner, but it's my favorite place for a special lunch, or just a good place to eat. Love this place!Special Features:
- Visit AtlanatPrimeSteakDined on 10/31/2014The pizza was very great. Excellent crust! The host was very friendly and helpful. A bit hard to find but very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzioPattiDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant was a little hard to find, but glad I did. I enjoyed a lemon drop martini, and some fried mozzarella to start. This was not ordinary fried mozarella- the small mozarella cubes were rolled in prosciutto and then lightly fried. I followed with the chicken piccata. The chicken picatta is served with several steamed vegetables (broccoli, green beans and shredded red beets), and a small side of pasta. Loved the light and tasty sauce and that it was not drowned in the sauce. Loved it...Special Features:
- Great evening outluvlifeDined on 10/24/2014We had a great time relaxing. Food was good. Henry was exceptional. Would recommend for a nice night or a group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTastyDined on 10/18/2014Yummy, Very good Margherita Pizza. Good alkeehol selection. Yummy, Great Pizza. Yummy, Great Pizza. Yummy, Great Pizza. Yummy, Great Pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to high expectationsBoomerVIPDined on 10/15/2014Being close to the hotel business hub, one has to be careful not to sacrifice quality with convenience. Azio turned out to be a great choice! The food was great as was the service. The cozy atmosphere sealed the deal too. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizza, wine and bread.beachlover7VIPDined on 10/6/2014This was My first time eating here an I had heard they have the best pizza. So I had to try it an it was the most delicious pizza ive ever had. It was the margarita pizza. The glass of red wine was perfect. I dont recall the name. Everyone there was very friendly an I told them I was n a hurry an I was in an out in about 25 minutes. Which was perfect. I will definitely go back every time I go down town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudKirkDined on 10/2/2014The owner or manager sat myself and my young daughter in the bar when we first arrived. Table was dirty and did not feel it appropriate to sit in the bar area. Moved to dinning room where a large banquet was being held. No problem though. Food was great! Made up for first impression.Special Features:
- Almost thereAtlantaTripDined on 9/20/2014It was very difficult to find with the address alone. Once there, the ambiance was amazing, but the empty room left us feeling like we made the wrong choice. The service was average. I asked for a wine pairing and wasn't very confident with the response I was given. Food was quick and amazing. I had high expectations/hopes after a great website, menu, location, and ambiance. Howe we, I felt the overall experience was just ok and that I had paid way too much for the average experience.
- Great Italian, Great Price downtowndboceanhammockDined on 9/19/2014We were visiting Atlanta for a wedding and there were ten of us who needed to go to dinner. We checked Open Table for a few and a lot were booked but this had 4 stars and had openings. The food was very very good. One of our friends had the Calamari and said it was one of the best preparations of Calamari he has ever had. Another had the spaghetti and meatballs, a huge portion, two people could have had it. The chicken marsala was a hit. The only thing I didn't quite care for was the Carpacci0. Its was only $10.95 and I should have known from that it might not have been prime meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant for businessMeetingJAGJRDined on 9/16/2014there were four of us for lunch and, boy, was it crowded and noisy. The service was okay and the food was average, however, the service was good and we received our meals quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food in downtown ATLTakefiveDined on 9/13/2014Azio has a great menu with many interesting and unique items. the pastas are great, as are the pizzas and meat dishes. The veal azio is a unique combination of fresh vegetables and cheese with very tender. My son is an aficionado of hard core red sauce Boston North end pasta dishes and they easily satisfied him with their pasta bolognese. this restaurant is highly recommended in downtown Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why have I not eaten here before!HungrytravelerDined on 8/31/2014I come to Atlanta 2-3x a year and have passed by the tinted windows of Azio nearly every time. So when I visited town with my two grown daughters on a very crowded weekend, I did not think of this restaurant when I searched for somewhere on OpenTable that had seats and reasonable prices. We were very happy with the results. Both of my daughters' pasta choices were gigantic and delicious. My pizza was wonderful. We will recommend it highly going forward. Very attentive and charming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodvbteach2Dined on 8/31/2014I love to eat here. I come to Atlanta every year for vacation, and I always make sure I eat here. The service is great, but the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Went two nights in a row with customers. Very busy with show in town, but service was prompt and friendly. Food very good and great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeGugliMugliDined on 8/20/2014Visited restaurant for business dinner. Had reservations and were seated promptly. Server was terrible, inattentive and was too busy bad mouthing other patrons while standing in the middle area. I can read lips. The idea for the restaurant is right, but our server failed in execution. Food portions were big, taste was adequate. Our guests expressed a better experience at Pizza Hut!! If casual dining, no attention to detail is the order for the day - you will enjoy Azio.
- Great FoodBigDaddyGDined on 8/12/2014This is probably my favorite place to have lunch. Working downtown for the past 10 years, this is always my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JunebugVIPDined on 8/2/2014Either the chefs had a bad day, the waiter was having a bad day, we picked a bad day and/or the previous reviewers were wrong. Was not a good choice.
- The following 431 reviews are from the Azio Downtown reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Our waiter Joey was awesome. He made the evening. Food was very good and would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Sub Par ServiceHungryinatlVIPDined on 7/12/2014We went during a busy market time, we had a reservation and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. However, we waited 20 minutes to be acknowledged by a waiter who simply asked if we were doing OK. When I told him that we weren't sure if we had a waiter, he began to become very condescending and saccharine in the way he spoke to us. He gave us the specials and recommendations and when I told him that one sounded good, but that I needed shrimp only and not the chicken that it usually came with as well, he assured me that was no problem. I am not sure why I was shocked when it arrived with both shrimp and chicken! I sent it back and was given a replacement relatively quickly. However, there was no compensation made for the mistake!Special Features:
- Great As AlwayslovetocoastDined on 7/12/2014I try to go to Azio every time I'm staying in downtown Atlanta for market. It's always wonderful! Our server, Henry, was great and the food was fantastic, as usual.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceByrdVIPDined on 7/11/2014We both had pizza, and they were very good. The portions are very large including the desserts.Special Features:
- good italian downtowndiningoutDined on 7/10/2014We always dine at Azio when in Atlanta for Market. The food is very good and the service is fair for a busy restaurant. Very generous portions and good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tricky finding it, but worthyDbjone2Dined on 6/30/2014the entrance is actually on Andrew Young, so we were really glad our Open Table directions listed the cross street. This restaurant is huge, but the way it is divided feels very intimate. The interior is gorgeous, and the food and service match that. We had been eating out for two weeks in a row, and just wanted fairly predictable pasta. That said, My husband's Bolognese was really unique. He loved it! I ordered the pasta Florentine, and while it was good, it was kind of ordinary. The salad I ordered, on the other hand, was NOT ordinary! The Ensalada Tricolore was superb. Loved the light dressing. We also had calimari, and that was pretty interesting with spicy peppers included.Special Features:
- Solidly good.ChrisDined on 6/30/2014The food at Azio's was perfectly good. I had the pasta bolognese, and it was rich, not hugely memorable, but I was happy to eat it. This was a solid experience. Nothing to write home about, but they were able to accommodate a dinner for 12, and service was attentive and informative.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome find!mstev2232Dined on 6/28/2014Azio Downtown was a great find. Excellent food in downtown location. Service was also excellent. Yum!Special Features:
- Great pasta Specials!kallportVIPDined on 6/17/2014The pasta specials are always exciting at Azio's. They always invent something that is tasty and loaded with extras, like shrimp, pork, mushrooms, etc. If you get a chance try it.Special Features:
- Friendly and DeliciousChristineg30Dined on 6/17/2014A group of us recently chose this restaurant for a dinner meeting while we were all in Atlanta for a conference. They gave us a large round table which made it easier for us to talk to one another during the meeting and our server was very attentive the entire time. We all got different entrees and they were all delicious. The portions were perfect and the deserts just set the experience off. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This place was awesome! A 3 girlfriends and I were in town on a get away trip, we found this place online and had noticed it while walking around the downtown area. Decided one night to go here for one of the girls' birthday. We made reservations, as we didn't know how busy it would be. We walked there as it wasn't far from our hotel, and lucky for us, it wasn't busy at all! We were seated right away and were given our choice of table :) Our waiter was extremely attentive, friendly and nice! The food and wine were very good and reasonably priced! I would definitely return to Azio Downtown again and would recommend to it friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodhappyfoodieDined on 6/11/2014Food wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. All of the food items that we ordered were pretty bland. But nice quiet place and great service!Special Features:
- What a great find!phillyfamilyVIPDined on 5/15/2014We took our three kids there for an unexpectedly late dinner, possibly expecting a disaster of a meal. Instead, the staff made it a wonderful experience! They found pens and paper for the kids to draw, they chatted with them when they finished eating ahead of us, and they brought them complimentary desserts...which made their night! Our food was superb (especially the bruschetta), and they had my favorite Zinfandel on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacation stop overwoodsDined on 5/3/2014food, atmosphere was food noise level was high but only because of proms. waiter was upmost pleasant and attentive. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingBadServiceGoodFoodDined on 5/3/2014The food was really really good, but one thing that really messed everything for my experience was the fact that the entire time we were there the waiter only showed up one time throughout the entire meal and that was when he took our order. I had to get up and ask another waiter for a refill for my water several times. I also had to go up to another waiter to tell them I was ready to pay, but right when I did he came up for me to pay and tip. Needless to say he didn't receive much tip. The food was amazing and I would love to eat there again, but that waiter needs to be fired. I saw him time and time again go to every single table several times to see if they needed anything and refill their drinks and yet never even looked at my table.Special Features:
- Great as always!SouthernAgendaDined on 4/30/2014I attend Americasmart several times a year and ALWAYS plan on at least one evening at AZIO. I can count on a nice glass of wine, a crisp wedge salad, and other wonderful fresh plates. Service is always friendly and knowledgeable. I was thrilled to find an easy way to make a reservation this trip too. Thanks Azio!!!Special Features:
- Lunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Our team celebrated Administrative Professional day by taking our Administrative Assistant to lunch. Azio's was an easy choice and they were readdy for us when we arrived for our reservation. The meal was delicious and we were in a quiet area so we could easily enjoy conversation. Our waiter was courteous and very attentive. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very suprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014This was my first time at Azio's Downtown. I have often seen it but just passed by. I decided to try it and was suprised. Alot of choices, the server made some suggestions and our order came quickly. The food was very good. I will be back to try somthing defferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNancyDined on 4/12/2014The server was not knowledgeable, and not apologetic for serving the wrong wine and then double billing for the replacement. Food was ordinary at best. An Italian restaurant that doesn't serve cappucino. This place has gone downhill. Its only advantage is that it's close to the downtown hotels.