Azie on Main
789 East Lancaster
Villanova, PA 19085Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Azie on Main
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azieonmain.com/
- Phone: 6105275700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Takao Iinuma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The back of the property has two lavish private dining spaces capable of accommodating groups from 30 to 100. They include an intimate octagonal corner niche and an elegant 70 seat dining room lined with high-backed banquettes and stacked wood walls. In the main dining room a long, gorgeous 20 foot birch communal table, which seats 24 and dominates the center of the room and is available for Chef's tastings.
- Private Party Contact: Katrin Haring 6105275700
- Special Events: Whether it is a business lunch, happy hour or an intimate dinner amongst friends in our exclusive private dining venues, Azie On Main offers options that cater to your every need.
A word from Azie on Main
Azie… Refreshingly Global Comes to the Main Line. Consider this your palate’s passport to a myriad of culinary splendors. At Azie On Main, a distinctly multi-cultural tapestry of beautifully creative contemporary Asian cuisines, with diverse global influences ranging from France to Italy and beyond, offers a modern twist for those who hunger for diversity. Azie on Main features signature dishes with highest quality ingredients by Chef Takao Iinuma, complemented by an extensive sushi bar with impressive offerings from the sea. Outdoor dining, sake selections, wine, & beer from around the world makes this the new Zen place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Azie on Main - Best Restaurants in Villanova ›
Azie on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (28)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Sunday brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I have enjoyed Azie's Sunday brunch several times and the service and food quality is excellent. I would recommend Azie's to anyone who enjoys Asian cuisine, however they do offer American foods too thus there is something for everyone.Special Features:
- EhItalgalDined on 9/26/2014Lovely service, bar, interior and outdoor seating but for some reason I was disappointed this time. I always get the same thing- crab pad thai and for some reason was not crazy about the dish this time. Just sort of flavorless. Lacked the vibrance it usually has. Had to jazz it up myself with lime and sriracha. Outdoor area was lovely but seemed to be not enough servers - at least ours was rather hard to come by while inside looked deserted so had too much wait staff. Just sort of a weird night over all.Special Features:
- RitaRitaDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful Sunday brunch! Highly recommended.We especially like the omelet station and the wonderful shrimp!Special Features:
- Don't recommend the foodFlowerDined on 9/19/2014The bar looks great and the ambiance is good but they should do something about the food. Several people around us complained about their dish when we were there. Chicken I ordered was not cooked well.Special Features:
- Way off this night.NotThrilledVIPDined on 9/19/2014I'm not sure what happened. I've never been a huge fan of the restaurant, but the nail was put in the coffin Friday night. Service was extremely slow (the couple seated next to us left after waiting 25 minutes for water),after getting my entrée 65 mins after ordering, it was cold. Manager took my meal off the bill, but still, really bad all around experience. The table behind us never received food the birthday celebrant asked for.The maitre d' didn't pull my chair out, just dropped the menus on the table and left, the table on the other side of us wobbled, and when the couple pointed out the problem to the waiter, he just shook the table and walked away. For a meal that would have cost over $85 for 2 people, it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- mainlinesushiloverDined on 9/14/2014Yet another wonderful meal at Azie! Went with a large group to celebrate a few birthdays, and we all left full and very satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingrm59VIPDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was mostly empty so there was zero atmosphere, our server had an odd demeanor about him and made us feel uncomfortable, the food was mediocre; overall it was terrible for a date night, a waste of time and money. Disappointing because the restaurant decor was beautiful but they simply weren't able to fill it up with people.
- Great Place!!JC7FashionDined on 9/4/2014I think Azie on Main is a really great place! Love the atmosphere! It's just a shame that such a nice place is tucked back into a small shopping center with no visibility. It reminds me of a trendy restaurant that you would see downtown in Center City with it's atmosphere and Asian flare. I really enjoy the food and would definitely go back again, I just wish it was a bit more lively as a friend I dined on a Thursday evening and the place was pretty much dead, and being in a college town I would have expected it to be packed, but again I think the location has a lot to do with it. The first time I went it seemed pretty crowded but I think some kind of event was going on. I think they just need to publicize and get the word out more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014happy hour sushi is good. Need more cocktails at happy hour prices Waiter got flustered and lost track of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't live up to my expectationsluvzchocolateDined on 8/29/2014I had heard many good things about Azie. It was odd.....some dishes were delicious....others were so-so. The oddest thing was that we were served entrees while we were still eating appetizers....The waitstaff just pushed our appetizer plates aside while we were still eating them and put the entrees down in front of us. We were surrounded by a 'feast' of dishes.....and no where to eat comfortably. It was poor pacing of service which made the dinner odd. We were disappointed.
- Excellent Asian foodvillanovamumDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere and food were very impressive. The prices very a bit high but value for money was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flowers13Dined on 8/20/2014Dining was enjoyable!! It was nice to sit outside! Staff was pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Has SlippedMainlinediningdadVIPDined on 8/15/2014While the food is as good as it has always been, the service is not up to par. Our server was slow and innattentive and at no time did a manager stop by the table to check on us. Azie used to have great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer brunchmainlinesushiloverDined on 8/10/2014I've been to brunch at Azie before, but was pleasantly surprised to find they also have a patio for seating! My friends and I happily sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather. They also added an omelet bar at the buffet, and they'll cook it right in front of you! Best omelet I've ever had. Once again, Azie was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You-niquePTXCDined on 7/31/2014The fusion is apparent immediately. But the sushi was an immediate draw and did not disappoint. Leave a little room to share a decadent dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AzieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed sushi on the outside deck. It was a pleasant evening with fresh fish, good drinks, and pleasant servers. This was our first visit and will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Great lunch!IMakeReservationsDined on 7/25/2014Went for a brunch on a beautiful summer afternoon, so was able to eat outside. The mojitos were wonderful as were our salads. I want to return for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014always a regular part of our week--great food, great atmosphere, great and friendly service. the sushi and the overall experience can't be beat!Special Features:
- Great placeSmmphdVIPDined on 7/13/2014Beautiful large space with wonderful ambiance and great food to match. Brunch buffet is amazing and features many Asian specialities including sushi.Special Features:
- DisappointmentloislegsDined on 7/6/2014Azie had been recommended to me more than once as a great restaurant so I finally made my visit. I found the food about average, nothing extraordinary. Our server was inexperienced and seemed poorly trained.Special Features:
- Very nice special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our family celebrated an adult birthday at Azie. The food was great. The setting was also great. Thank you for another wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Asian foodeclairewlDined on 6/27/2014In spite of living pretty far away, I have been to Azie on Main 5 or 6 times this year. Lunch is especially appealing with a fixed price menu. Their special sushi rolls are creative as is the rest of the menu. All of this comes with a somewhat-higher-than-average price, but it is worth it.Special Features:
- fabulous BrunchReadingGrrlDined on 6/22/2014I have eaten at Azie for brunch several times and it is always exceptional. I love that it is different than other brunch menus as well. The only thing that needs a bit of improving is the service for coffee and tea and any other drinks. It seems they often have too few waiters on staff to serve each table timely.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Dined there for several great brunches and some nice dinners with family and friends. My wife also threw a bridal shower there for a friend's daughter which went extremely well. Food is very good to excellent, but service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodMcCoyDined on 6/21/2014Good Asian fusion menu with good service and consistent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- azie on mainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014great place. great for indoor or outdoor eating. lots of choices. well prepared and served. plenty of interesting drink options as well. we were a large group and have always felt welcomed and easily accomodatedSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurant, would try againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014The sushi was a bit disappointing, while the cooked dishes were very good. Especially the yellow tail, it was ground into little pieces and was very fishy. However, the presentation is good and I would go back and try again.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!BalaDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's Day! Brunch was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful meal out on the patio. Very comfortable and relaxing. The sushi was a light and excellent choice for the weather.Special Features:
- wait staffTChingDined on 6/12/2014The food and atmosphere is and has always been great. But the service is terrible. I was with a group of 6 for dinner. Our table was broken. Not just wobbly, BROKEN. One of us had to lean on the table so the others could eat without having their plates or drinks fall in them. When we complained and requested a new table we were told they were busy, and could not move us. We hardly saw our waitress throughout the Evening. I fact they only time we say her was when we ordered out food. Out appetizers came out with out entrees and the waitress said "My bad" I though that's how you wanted them. Then she had the nerve to automatically add a 20% tip to our check. Unbelievable. Will maybe think twice about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch buffet.MagdiwangVIPDined on 6/8/2014We had a good time. Food was great and staff was really nice. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spotsTyeshaLoveVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is one of my top places to dine after a long day at work. Service is always exceptional. I enjoy the indoor and outside seating. I'm extremely excited about the new bar added outside. (Discovered that when I dined here last Friday.) Some of my favorites are the miso broiled sea bass *drool*, the calamari or calamari salad, teriyaki salmon, and shrimp tempura. I would list all of the sushi and sashimi I like but I may as well cut and past the entire menu here. Everything is so fresh and flavorful. The drinks are always just right.Special Features:
- The following 638 reviews are from the Azie on Main reviews archive.
- Sunday Brunch at Azie on MainRate2dine4OTDined on 6/1/2014Great food selection, beautifully laid out and delicious. Wonderful ambience. Only downside, aside from being somewhat pricey, was that coffee and orange juice were not included and were a la carte, which was surprising and added significantly to the basic brunch charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014Always same great quality of food. They never let me down after all these years I am dining at Azie!Special Features:
- Great time!LuLuMDined on 5/19/2014Everything was great at Azie on Main- atmosphere, service, food, presentation! I have been here before and the consistency of the above is "gold standard".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Spiritu15Dined on 5/17/2014We were a family group of 10 celebrating college graduation. Service was courteous and efficient, food was very good. Miso sea bass was outstanding. Would visit again!Special Features:
- The Japanese sheff has gone....NihonJinDined on 5/11/2014After the Japanese Sheff left、their food, especially sashimi and sushi, have become below average. It tasted like the one served at a mall food court. Interior appearance and serves are good.Special Features:
- Perfect for Mother's Day and beyondparentsnightoutDined on 5/11/2014Always excellent selection for brunch and they ramp it up on Mother's Day. This is our "spot" for a local, great brunch.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchBusyMomDined on 5/11/2014We've come here for brunch numerous times and have enjoyed the variety of offerings. The price for Mother's Day brunch was ridiculous, considering the menu seemed the same as the usual weekend brunch. Come for weekend brunch but avoid the ridiculous upcharge for holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, management screwed upLeeroyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was advertised on OpenTable at a good price ($29), so I made the reservation. Two days before, I got an email stating the price was wrong (and of course much higher). Too late to make a reservation anywhere else, and management didn't respond to my voicemail asking to honor the original price. Food was okay but the experience left a bitter taste in my mouth. Reserver beware.Special Features: