Azie - Media PA
217 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Azie - Media PA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azie-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6105664750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday Brunch Buffet11am- 2:30pm, Dinner-Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday-Saturday 5pm--10:30pm Sunday 5pm--9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Kazuyuki Mitsui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Many menu and group options are available. Groups of 12-75 are our specialty.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Deisinger 610-566-4670
- Special Events: BYO wine and sake every Sunday( reduced corkage applies) Every Monday,$10 off any bottle of wine. Bar and lounge specials Monday to Friday from 5pm - 7pm include discounted sushi rolls and drinks.
A word from Azie - Media PA
Azie is Global!Inspired by Japanese cuisine, Azie is expanding culinary arts into today’s trend toward globalization. We present to you an exquisite blend of flavors from cultures around the world… Japan, Thailand, France, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Azie - Media PA - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Azie - Media PA reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (33)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (22)hot spot (21)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Best Meal & Service YetAnthonyZVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been to Azie in Media numerous times before and this was by far the best dining experience we've ever had there. The food was outstanding across the board and the service was polished, friendly and fun. My wife and I were celebrating a very special occasion (which we kind of just kept to ourselves) and it was as if they somehow knew to just make everything perfect that night. Cheers to the staff all-around for creating a truly memorable experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillmanDined on 7/20/2014The food at Azie is always interesting and tasty as well as beautifully presented. The price point is perhaps a little steep. I would probably go more often if the prices were a bit lower. Then it would be a true neighborhood gem for me. The service was outstanding. The waitperson knew her wines and was comfortable making recommendations. Which led to the realization that there is an excellent selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great Food - A Little NoisySweetSophieDined on 7/19/2014The food was wonderful and the service was good. It was noisy at a table in the bar/TV area. I also though the wine was a little pricey - nothing under $40.Special Features:
- Sushi hot rockOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Sushi was amazing! Crab cream cheese spring rolls were also amazing service was good except waiter didn't explain you could switch certain things out of the sushi rolls. knew information about the menu but didn't explain a lot. Aside from that was pleasant and a good server. Food is always amazing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday nightTonyBDined on 7/16/2014Excellent meal - highly recommend this restaurant. The accoustics in the main dining area are very loud so be prepared or sit upstairs. The Wagyu beef appetizer was out of this world.Special Features:
- AMAM1515Dined on 7/15/2014Great restaurant and great food. I have been to Media many times but just discovered this awesome Asian Fusion restaurant. Will definitely go back and would recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Overall very good experience. Drinks, Appetizers and Sushi were delicious. The only negative was the tables were pretty tight, but that was to expected for this type of place.Special Features:
- Great Date Night DiningBethDined on 7/14/2014This was the first time I dined at Azie on Media. I usually go to the Villanova location. The restaurant was clean, the staff was friendly and the food was better than Villanova. The only problem was that they ran out of Wagyu Beef, which we were looking forward to. Fabulous wine menu and interesting drink specialties. I look forward to going back. Next time, when the weather permits a walk down the beautiful main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular guestbestboyDined on 7/12/2014We are regulars at Azie. Easily the best restaurant in Media by far. Superb food and excellent service./Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceedeneskiDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed the entire experience. Food was really, really good. Ashley was our server and she was fantastic. She was knowledgeable of the menu and so attentive to us. She made the experience very memorable. It was my birthday and she had a fun treat for me after dinner to wish me a wonderful birthday. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Upstairs in back roomanneDined on 6/19/2014It took a long time for the waiter to take our drink order. After 15 minutes went by he told us they were out on a drink ingredient. 10 minutes later we finally got our drinks. As we were ordering our meals he almost scolded us for not ordering appetizers. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service/good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I've dined here several times. It is normally better. They must have been short handed on Sunday 6-15-14 as it was not very crowded.
- My faveRetiredfoodiesVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is a place that can be called "our regular place to hang and eat"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014A great restaurant in a beautiful town. One of the best dinners we've had in a very long time and we dine out often. It is a top recommendation.Special Features:
- Food was fantabulous!DiscoDined on 6/11/2014Delicious food and reasonably priced. Was pretty loud though and seating was close.Special Features:
- Pan-Asian Azie AscendsScubasanDined on 6/2/2014We went on a slow Monday night where they had a tasting menu of $25. The Halibut was delicious, flakey and tender. The Azie Rolls had a deep taste and texture. Azie has a great modern pan-asian feel and the service was very good and accommodating, making several substitutions for the gluten and Lactose intolerant in our group of 6.Special Features:
- delraeDined on 5/29/2014Always have delish fresh sushi when we have visitedSpecial Features:
- SushiStephDined on 5/29/2014I've been going to Azie for years however have not gone since summer of 2014. When I ate there last week, their sushi was not up to par & seemed not as high quality was previous vists. I wonder if they hired a new chef or not. I was very disappointed - especially with thier New Philly roll.Special Features:
- Ears still ringing....gogoVIPDined on 5/21/2014The noise level was not fit for dining. It was deafening!! We left before coffee and desert and will not go back until they figure out how to make the experience enjoyable!!!
- Delicious treatpickyeaterDined on 5/18/2014The food was wonderful, tasty and fresh. Enjoyed every bite. The room was a bit noisy but the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...SylvestineVIPDined on 5/17/2014We've had dinner here many times and the food is always great. The Chicken Lettuce Wrap starter was wonderful and the sushi was excellent. The only problem is the noise level and table arrangements in the dining room. Hard to get up and down from the table without disturbing other guests. It really detracts from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Very Favorite RestaurantJeanDined on 5/16/2014We were at Azie on Friday evening 5/16/2014. We took clients who are moving locally from Beijing. We were place on the second floor right beside the atrium above the bar/entry area. Unfortunately, it was so noisy that conversation was all but impossible. I felt like I was in a bar or worse yet, a diner. The food is always excellent, and as I said, it is my favorite place to go. Sadly, for a lot of money, it was an uncomfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushiwinendineDined on 5/16/2014Azie is a great spot in town in Media where you can grab decent sushi and a good cocktail. The service is always good and I have never had anything there yet that I haven't liked. The only problem that I have come across is that there is no wall changing table in the bathroom where I could change my little ones diaper. That was frustrating because she needed to be changed so I did it right there where we were sitting. Luckily it was a quick and easy diaper change, but if it wasn't I would not have felt comfortable doing it at the table and I would have liked to have some privacy. Other than that I like the food and atmosphere, but will not be back with my family until they install a changing table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but coldLaurenDined on 5/11/2014My boyfriend and i took our moms here for mothers day brunch. i have been here once before and loved it. the food was very good, but we were told the buffet downstairs was identical to the one we had upstairs and it was not...at all. downstairs had eggs and an omelet station, we did not, but not a big deal. overall the food and service were very good and i will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomestephie1082Dined on 5/10/2014I usually come to Azie for birthdays and anniversaries, because I'm never disappointed with the experience. I chose to go there for my graduation dinner, and it was possibly the best time I've ever had there. It was a perfect ending to an amazing day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!!!!!!marmar88Dined on 5/7/2014Have been to this restaurant several times to meet up with the gals and always enjoy the evening. It was my friend's first time and she was very impressed and is looking forward to bringing her husband to try the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobDjsmoooveDined on 5/4/2014Had brunch and it was a tremendous experience.. Food was great.. Server was awesome and other diners were very welcoming and everyone seemed very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for meeting friendsMomof4VIPDined on 5/2/2014This was our second visit to Azie and, as before, it did not disappoint. Their menu covers all tastes and I especially enjoy the appetizer and sushi options. Our server was excellent, allowing our party sufficient time to make selection decisions and finish our meals. I would recommend this fusion-style restaurant anytime, alone, as a couple or with a group of people.Special Features:
- Azie hits the mark!JB22VIPDined on 5/1/2014Popped in for a mid-week treat. Always get the rock tempura shrimp (consistent kick from first bite to last!), the ahi sesame crusted tuna over seaweed salad is a steal. Split 3 rolls, Dynamite, Jalapeno Tuna and CrabCake roll. Kitchen is on their game. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Such a great find in Media. Our waiter made some great recommendations, food was fantastic and so were the drinks! Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTerribleDined on 4/29/2014Wonderful eating experience with the help of Sarah, our waitress. Excellent food. Made reservation so would have liked a more private seating ... we were at window with people walking by. Slow start, arrived before dinner hours and sat at bar to get drink...after about 5 mins had to ask hostess where bartender was...she accomodated us and went into next room. Still waited for bartender who upon arrival literally sashayed behind bar, stopped to turn tv volume off and put music on then made his way down to us. That did not impress me at all but once seated and Sara arrived...all was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...service needs workMOKittyDined on 4/23/2014First, let me say we love Azie. But we have a hard time with the bartender. While he can be nice and engaging, overall he has a offputting demeanor and I find my self ALWAYS having to ask to be served, or get a refill. It becomes very annoying. The waitress was very pleasant but a bit slow. And we waited a while for our bill. The busboys were great. Very prompt with our food and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu needs an updateFoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014I have been dining here over several years and they need to add more specials. Menu is getting a bit old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughts to shareSunshine21Dined on 4/11/2014It was not our first experience dinning at Azie and it will not be our last. We enjoy the restaurant and take our family when they are in town. The staff is knowledgeable and accommodating. They made an excellent vodka gimlet (one of the best) and our server was able to get to information on the ingredients. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesimeon1835Dined on 4/10/2014The wait staff and hostess really go out of there way to provide excellent service. The food was delicious and the lunch specials are very reasonably priced. All in all a great experience and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Sunday Brunch!!!AdamLesleyDined on 4/6/2014My husband loves brunch buffets, so we go to them pretty often. He said that the sunday brunch buffet at Azie was quite possibly the best buffet that he had ever been to. There was just so much variety. All the traditional American breakfast favorites that you would expect (omelet station, french toast, bacon, etc) and then two kinds of spring rolls, pork dumplings, meat balls, filet in a wonderful sauce, two kinds of fish, etc. And sushi and cold salads, as well as an extensive dessert table. All of it was delicious, you could really tell that they had put a lot of effort into preparing each dish, nothing was just ordinary. We live about an hour away, but we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodKebabDined on 4/5/2014A great mix of food, from Sushi to Steak. Good wine list and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Japanese/Korean fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Overall a great experience. The sushi seems very fresh and the selection is awesome. Great chef!Special Features:
- Good not greatTgdinesVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food at Azie was good but the service was slow. The ambience was somewhat lacking. They need to turn the brightness of the lights down a bit.Special Features:
- The following 810 reviews are from the Azie - Media PA reviews archive.
- Will go againShlubInNicePlacesDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I got sushi and it was fantastic. The beer and wine lists were diverse enough for our liking. I have never had sushi before this, but it smelled so good coming out to other diners, I had to try it and I am glad I did. The Great Philly roll was fantastic and my wife's choices were tastey as well. I will be going in the near future when I am tired of the other regular pub restaurants on State St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.