Azie - Media PA
217 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Azie - Media PA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azie-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 566-4750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday Brunch Buffet11am- 2:30pm, Dinner-Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday-Saturday 5pm--10:30pm Sunday 5pm--9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Kazuyuki Mitsui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Many menu and group options are available. Groups of 12-75 are our specialty.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Deisinger 610-566-4670
- Special Events: BYO wine and sake every Sunday( reduced corkage applies) Every Monday,$10 off any bottle of wine. Bar and lounge specials Monday to Friday from 5pm - 7pm include discounted sushi rolls and drinks.
A word from Azie - Media PA
Azie is Global!Inspired by Japanese cuisine, Azie is expanding culinary arts into today’s trend toward globalization. We present to you an exquisite blend of flavors from cultures around the world… Japan, Thailand, France, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Azie - Media PA reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (46)good for groups (34)romantic (30)hot spot (24)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ReadToEatDined on 11/14/2014My two sisters and I ate lunch at Azie recently and we were all satisfied with our lunches. One had the Kobe burger and said it was delicious and the other had the shrimp tempura sandwich and liked it very much. I had the miso soup which was ok and shrimp tempura with the mustard sauce, which was great, but there were only 2 shrimp. I was still hungry so I munched on my sister's truffle french fries which were out of this world. We split the wonderful banana bread pudding for dessert. The waitstaff was very friendly, efficient and let us sit there for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DizzyDined on 11/9/2014Love the ambiance and the food is very good, but the kitchen is slow. Its not terrible as the atmosphere is conducive to talking and relaxing. The last visit we waited for more than an hour for our meal and that is not acceptable. Better this time but not as it should be. People serving the meals seem not comfortable and sure of themselves. Our waiter Jose was very professional, however. Media's closest thing to Philly dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy roomLindaDined on 11/8/2014we sat in the back room upstairs and there were two big parties and it was very noisy.Special Features:
- Good Food - VERY Noisy Upstairsrocman1954VIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is terrific. The noise level upstairs, however, is unacceptable. It's impossible to hold a conversation without raising your voice, and, even then, hearing what your dinner guests have to say is a chore. We moved to the bar area, which, surprisingly, is much quieter. The service was a little slow - not the usual great service we have experienced in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe beef fried riceWalterVIPDined on 10/27/2014Kroeber beef fried rice is amazing. One of my favorite dishes.
- Great experience!MakkDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time dining here. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Everything was really fresh and delicious -- loved the sushi and the house salad is to die for. Our server was very helpful with the menu and was very attentive to us. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Decent, yet expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014This was my first time at Azie. They did have wine flights for $15 for restaurant week which were good sized pours and tasty. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of that. We ordered the Kobe beef appetizer which is over priced and underwhelming at $18. It came out with five very thin and very small pieces of beef to cook on the sizzling rocks. The presentation was fun and the food was good, but neither the size of the appetizer nor the quality merits a $18 price tag. For dinner I tried the NY strip steak. This was an average cut of meat with a good sauce and some blue cheese on top. My boyfriend did rave about the surf and turf and at $34, I would say that it was pretty standard. Service was good, but extremely slow.Special Features:
- funtodineVIPDined on 10/12/2014excellent, as always. love Azie and the brunch is a real treat real bargain .Special Features:
- schwadaveVIPDined on 10/7/2014We went on a Tuesday night and ordered from the fixed price menu. While the food was very good, the entree and desert portions were quite small. Had I known that the portions were essentially Tapas size, I would have ordered off of the regular menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cuisine and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our family of four enjoyed a delicious meal at Azie. It was our first visit here and such a treat. Azie also provides menus with gluten-free and Vegan selections. A big plus for us. Ashley, our server, was very attentive as were the other wait staff. Meals were creative, tasty and artistically presented. We will definitely return on our next visit to Media.Special Features:
- PheeDined on 10/1/2014Very loud, wine list hard to access(on tablet) and limited, selection not as described.Special Features:
- DelightfulAngelfood1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Starting with an amazing happy hour - awesome cocktails & delicious appetizers at half price, we graduated to a lovely dinner. The menu includes a variety of dishes leaning towards Japanese (delicious toro, maki sushi,tempura, teriyaki,) with with emphasis on seafood (miso cod, sea bass, lobster) There is a prix fixe for $25. The wine list was well-chosen, we had a spanish Rioja that was lovely. Desserts were intriguing, the chocolate cake with berries & mint ice cream was yummy. Will be returning very soon!Special Features:
- ConsistentlyGoodPBV1VIPDined on 9/26/2014We went to Azie on a Friday night with another couple. Table was ready on time and service prompt but not rushed. The food was vey good and nicely presented. I have been to Azie several times and have consistently experienced good food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent as always.LindaDined on 9/26/2014I brough guests from out of town and they loved it. The food was delicious and Ashley's service was outstanding.Special Features:
- FavoriteDate2nightnjDined on 9/25/2014Azie is our favorite restaraunt!!! The food & ambiance is amazing. We have never been disappointed! What a great place to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014I have never had a bad meal at Azie - our server was particularly good this time!Special Features:
- nikibVIPDined on 9/24/2014My only complaint was that the tables were too packed together. The service was excellent and the food very good. It was very tough to make a decision on what to get because everything looked and sounded good! They even had a gluten free menu, though if they just use gluten free soy sauce they would have many many more options on it. Yummy cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014the food is excellent, the ambiance and decor is fabulous and i have never had bad service at Azie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience3rdTimerDined on 9/6/2014Great dining experience with Allison as server. Allison was most helpful in answering any questions we had. Appetizers and entrees were served promptly and were delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious food as usualMidge713VIPDined on 8/29/2014Love Azie and the unique foods they serve! The wait staff is generally well educated on the menu selections and can offer recommendations, based on their tasting experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SushidoubledinerDined on 8/28/2014We had been to Azie once before and while we loved the sushi, the noise level was too high for us. However, last Thursday evening we were seated outside on their rooftop dining area and it was a perfect evening! The sushi was even better than we remembered and we could hear one another talk. The wine list was extensive, too. Never felt rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drawn-out serviceKTnCBwine2dineDined on 8/27/2014Food & sangria were excellent. Enjoyed apps & entrees and chocolate w/ fruit dessert. The crepe dessert tried too hard to be creative and seemed to have too many competing flavors to be cohesive, the orange sauce was powerfully sweet. Lovely company. Service was slow, waited almost 1 hour for entrees and at least 1 hour for dessert. Although it was dining under the stars, our later reservation (19:30) and the empty 2nd floor of restaurant made it curious that the wait for food was a bit longer than would be typical. Would recommend on a not busy night.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY funToniloveDined on 8/27/2014I made reservations for the rooftop and even though it was a summer night, the table was shaded and our server was extremely attentive and charming. I highly recommend the fresh Sangria and I was pleasantly surprised by the delicious FREE birthday dessert! Azie is one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My expectations were too highAfromGlenoldenDined on 8/24/2014Azie seems to cater to a very eclectic crowd. Their motif is very nice and the expansive windows give a great hustling street view. Looks like a great place for happy hour. But the brunch is just okay for the price. For 2 brunches w/ a mimosa each (incl 20% tip) it was $30/pp. I do like the lunch style offerings w/ salmon ceviche and mahi. My custom spinach/cheese omelet was uncooked inside. I skipped the breakfast meats because they appeared extremely greasy. I think I would like to try dinner there and give it a second chance.Special Features:
- Great first experienceGinniTDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here. The waitress , Ashley was great- vet sweet and attentive. The food was wonderful. There were 4 in our party and we all loved our food. The only issue was that we had a reservation and still waited 35 minutes for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night!DiningfourDined on 8/23/2014Would absolutely recommend Azie to friends and family. Food was excellent, service wonderful, atmosphere perfect. Had a wonderful time with family on such an important occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, portions keep shrinkingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014I love the food at Azie, it is consistently good every time I go. Only complaint is the portion sizes keep shrinking with every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh foodllreVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great meal, fresh & interesting upscale food options. Everything was really delicious, especially the mushroom dumplings, they just melt in your mouth. Only negative, high wine prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & servicePaulDined on 8/9/2014Had a great dinner here. I ordered the short rib and when I saw it, I realized it was not the type of thing I would normally eat. However, it rocked! The service was great, and the suggestions very good. They even had japanese beers on tap, awesome! One of the sushi plates my date ordered was done incorrectly, and they promptly fixed it and apologized. What more could I ask for.Special Features:
- Slipping?swarthmoredocVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ok - I should start by stating that I believe the Azie Roll is the very best sushi roll ever invented. Simply amazing and I could eat it forever. I've catered many events at their Villanova outpost and they cater very well. That being said, if Azie was located anywhere but Media, competition would harm them rapidly. Other than sushi, the menu is somewhat limited with rich ingredients without a lot of imagination. The bar in Media has slipped SIGNIFICANTLY. Bartenders are not terribly friendly, the drink menu is uninspired, and the bartenders lack creativity. Overall, I continue to hope for improvement, but they will see me back again, and again, and again for those Azie Rolls (and the rock shrimp which are terrific as well).Special Features:
- Never disappointsCathyVIPDined on 8/9/2014If you're looking for an incredible culinary experience, order the Wagyu Beef. Because of the price, I certainly wouldn't order it on a regular basis, but everyone has to experience this taste sensation at least once in their life. Azie is the only restaurant in PA that serves it! My husband shared a few bites with me and it was worth every dollar. I was envious...and I had the surf and turf, so you can imagine how it tasted. If you order the 3 ounce minimum, I would suggest ordering the avocado salad (or another salad) to be served with it so you can slowly savor each bite. It's been 3 days, and I can't stop thinking about it!Special Features:
- Very good Restaurant close to homeMareDined on 8/8/2014Although we have gone to brunch at Azie in Villanova, we never went the location of Azie in our own town. The trout special was excellent on Friday evening . It was a beautiful evening on the roof deck dining room. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/7/2014another good meal. We like the sushi a lot and the crab fried rice was a nice surprise. Will be back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varied menuGailsailorDined on 8/4/2014We can always count on a great meal at Azie. Standouts are shrimp tempura and sushi but we like to try new things and this is a great place to do that. The chef is outstanding and you can count on a great new creation every time. The new wine list is impressive but difficult for us as my husband does not drink wine and there are very few choices of wine by the glass and those are expensive. They did bring samples of two wines for me to try as they did not have the Pinot Gris by the glass. Overall we can always count on great food and we are never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Fresh Yummy EatsBorn2EatVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a very nice dinner, our waitress was one of the best I've had in a long time, and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- great dinner enjoyed by allArabrabeatsDined on 8/3/2014We met friends for dinner and had a delightful evening starting with the cream cheese and crab rolls sushi and sashimi. Our meals which ranged from sushi to trout to steak to duck were excellent and the pace of service just right.Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday morning.Gagman65Dined on 8/3/2014Brunch was wonderful. Kyle, our server, and his team went out of their way to take great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeJBGrizzVIPDined on 8/2/2014I recently moved to Media and had several people tell me how good Azie is and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent the menu has a lot of unique items. I highly recommend coming here and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysLindaDined on 8/1/2014It is a great spot for a light dinner or a full meal; menu is versatile and many choices.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceDinewithDottsDined on 7/30/2014I love the cuisine. However on this particular night, we didn't get out wine for forty minutes after we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 851 reviews are from the Azie - Media PA reviews archive.