Azie - Media PA
217 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Azie - Media PA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.azie-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6105664750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Sunday Brunch Buffet11am- 2:30pm, Dinner-Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday-Saturday 5pm--10:30pm Sunday 5pm--9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Kazuyuki Mitsui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Many menu and group options are available. Groups of 12-75 are our specialty.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Deisinger 610-566-4670
- Special Events: BYO wine and sake every Sunday( reduced corkage applies) Every Monday,$10 off any bottle of wine. Bar and lounge specials Monday to Friday from 5pm - 7pm include discounted sushi rolls and drinks.
A word from Azie - Media PA
Azie is Global!Inspired by Japanese cuisine, Azie is expanding culinary arts into today’s trend toward globalization. We present to you an exquisite blend of flavors from cultures around the world… Japan, Thailand, France, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Azie - Media PA - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Azie - Media PA reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (42)romantic (31)good for groups (26)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (18)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great fresh foodllreVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great meal, fresh & interesting upscale food options. Everything was really delicious, especially the mushroom dumplings, they just melt in your mouth. Only negative, high wine prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & servicePaulDined on 8/9/2014Had a great dinner here. I ordered the short rib and when I saw it, I realized it was not the type of thing I would normally eat. However, it rocked! The service was great, and the suggestions very good. They even had japanese beers on tap, awesome! One of the sushi plates my date ordered was done incorrectly, and they promptly fixed it and apologized. What more could I ask for.Special Features:
- Slipping?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Ok - I should start by stating that I believe the Azie Roll is the very best sushi roll ever invented. Simply amazing and I could eat it forever. I've catered many events at their Villanova outpost and they cater very well. That being said, if Azie was located anywhere but Media, competition would harm them rapidly. Other than sushi, the menu is somewhat limited with rich ingredients without a lot of imagination. The bar in Media has slipped SIGNIFICANTLY. Bartenders are not terribly friendly, the drink menu is uninspired, and the bartenders lack creativity. Overall, I continue to hope for improvement, but they will see me back again, and again, and again for those Azie Rolls (and the rock shrimp which are terrific as well).Special Features:
- Never disappointsCathyVIPDined on 8/9/2014If you're looking for an incredible culinary experience, order the Wagyu Beef. Because of the price, I certainly wouldn't order it on a regular basis, but everyone has to experience this taste sensation at least once in their life. Azie is the only restaurant in PA that serves it! My husband shared a few bites with me and it was worth every dollar. I was envious...and I had the surf and turf, so you can imagine how it tasted. If you order the 3 ounce minimum, I would suggest ordering the avocado salad (or another salad) to be served with it so you can slowly savor each bite. It's been 3 days, and I can't stop thinking about it!Special Features:
- Very good Restaurant close to homeMareDined on 8/8/2014Although we have gone to brunch at Azie in Villanova, we never went the location of Azie in our own town. The trout special was excellent on Friday evening . It was a beautiful evening on the roof deck dining room. I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/7/2014another good meal. We like the sushi a lot and the crab fried rice was a nice surprise. Will be back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varied menuGailsailorDined on 8/4/2014We can always count on a great meal at Azie. Standouts are shrimp tempura and sushi but we like to try new things and this is a great place to do that. The chef is outstanding and you can count on a great new creation every time. The new wine list is impressive but difficult for us as my husband does not drink wine and there are very few choices of wine by the glass and those are expensive. They did bring samples of two wines for me to try as they did not have the Pinot Gris by the glass. Overall we can always count on great food and we are never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Fresh Yummy EatsBorn2EatDined on 8/3/2014We had a very nice dinner, our waitress was one of the best I've had in a long time, and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- great dinner enjoyed by allArabrabeatsDined on 8/3/2014We met friends for dinner and had a delightful evening starting with the cream cheese and crab rolls sushi and sashimi. Our meals which ranged from sushi to trout to steak to duck were excellent and the pace of service just right.Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday morning.Gagman65Dined on 8/3/2014Brunch was wonderful. Kyle, our server, and his team went out of their way to take great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypeJBGrizzVIPDined on 8/2/2014I recently moved to Media and had several people tell me how good Azie is and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent the menu has a lot of unique items. I highly recommend coming here and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysLindaDined on 8/1/2014It is a great spot for a light dinner or a full meal; menu is versatile and many choices.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceDinewithDottsDined on 7/30/2014I love the cuisine. However on this particular night, we didn't get out wine for forty minutes after we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Japanese FoodSydRDined on 7/26/2014This is a neighborhood gem; high end Japanese food. The sushi was creative, beautifully presented and delicious. The server was enthusiastic and clearly enjoyed her work. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Best Meal & Service YetAnthonyZVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been to Azie in Media numerous times before and this was by far the best dining experience we've ever had there. The food was outstanding across the board and the service was polished, friendly and fun. My wife and I were celebrating a very special occasion (which we kind of just kept to ourselves) and it was as if they somehow knew to just make everything perfect that night. Cheers to the staff all-around for creating a truly memorable experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillmanDined on 7/20/2014The food at Azie is always interesting and tasty as well as beautifully presented. The price point is perhaps a little steep. I would probably go more often if the prices were a bit lower. Then it would be a true neighborhood gem for me. The service was outstanding. The waitperson knew her wines and was comfortable making recommendations. Which led to the realization that there is an excellent selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great Food - A Little NoisySweetSophieDined on 7/19/2014The food was wonderful and the service was good. It was noisy at a table in the bar/TV area. I also though the wine was a little pricey - nothing under $40.Special Features:
- Mediocre service sank our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014We love Winn restaurants and have enjoyed previous meals at Azie. The service on this night was inattentive and inconsistent -- who was our server? Where did he go? Also, we felt that rather than truly informing us about the menu and listening to the kind of experience we wished to have, our server steered us to higher cost items that would yield a bigger tip. Yuck.Special Features:
- Sushi hot rockOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Sushi was amazing! Crab cream cheese spring rolls were also amazing service was good except waiter didn't explain you could switch certain things out of the sushi rolls. knew information about the menu but didn't explain a lot. Aside from that was pleasant and a good server. Food is always amazing here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday nightTonyBDined on 7/16/2014Excellent meal - highly recommend this restaurant. The accoustics in the main dining area are very loud so be prepared or sit upstairs. The Wagyu beef appetizer was out of this world.Special Features:
- AMAM1515Dined on 7/15/2014Great restaurant and great food. I have been to Media many times but just discovered this awesome Asian Fusion restaurant. Will definitely go back and would recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Overall very good experience. Drinks, Appetizers and Sushi were delicious. The only negative was the tables were pretty tight, but that was to expected for this type of place.Special Features:
- Great Date Night DiningBethDined on 7/14/2014This was the first time I dined at Azie on Media. I usually go to the Villanova location. The restaurant was clean, the staff was friendly and the food was better than Villanova. The only problem was that they ran out of Wagyu Beef, which we were looking forward to. Fabulous wine menu and interesting drink specialties. I look forward to going back. Next time, when the weather permits a walk down the beautiful main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular guestbestboyDined on 7/12/2014We are regulars at Azie. Easily the best restaurant in Media by far. Superb food and excellent service./Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceedeneskiDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed the entire experience. Food was really, really good. Ashley was our server and she was fantastic. She was knowledgeable of the menu and so attentive to us. She made the experience very memorable. It was my birthday and she had a fun treat for me after dinner to wish me a wonderful birthday. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Upstairs in back roomanneDined on 6/19/2014It took a long time for the waiter to take our drink order. After 15 minutes went by he told us they were out on a drink ingredient. 10 minutes later we finally got our drinks. As we were ordering our meals he almost scolded us for not ordering appetizers. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service/good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I've dined here several times. It is normally better. They must have been short handed on Sunday 6-15-14 as it was not very crowded.
- My faveRetiredfoodiesVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is a place that can be called "our regular place to hang and eat"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014A great restaurant in a beautiful town. One of the best dinners we've had in a very long time and we dine out often. It is a top recommendation.Special Features:
- Food was fantabulous!DiscoDined on 6/11/2014Delicious food and reasonably priced. Was pretty loud though and seating was close.Special Features:
- Pan-Asian Azie AscendsScubasanDined on 6/2/2014We went on a slow Monday night where they had a tasting menu of $25. The Halibut was delicious, flakey and tender. The Azie Rolls had a deep taste and texture. Azie has a great modern pan-asian feel and the service was very good and accommodating, making several substitutions for the gluten and Lactose intolerant in our group of 6.Special Features:
- delraeDined on 5/29/2014Always have delish fresh sushi when we have visitedSpecial Features:
- SushiStephDined on 5/29/2014I've been going to Azie for years however have not gone since summer of 2014. When I ate there last week, their sushi was not up to par & seemed not as high quality was previous vists. I wonder if they hired a new chef or not. I was very disappointed - especially with thier New Philly roll.Special Features:
- Ears still ringing....gogoVIPDined on 5/21/2014The noise level was not fit for dining. It was deafening!! We left before coffee and desert and will not go back until they figure out how to make the experience enjoyable!!!
- Delicious treatpickyeaterDined on 5/18/2014The food was wonderful, tasty and fresh. Enjoyed every bite. The room was a bit noisy but the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...SylvestineVIPDined on 5/17/2014We've had dinner here many times and the food is always great. The Chicken Lettuce Wrap starter was wonderful and the sushi was excellent. The only problem is the noise level and table arrangements in the dining room. Hard to get up and down from the table without disturbing other guests. It really detracts from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Very Favorite RestaurantJeanDined on 5/16/2014We were at Azie on Friday evening 5/16/2014. We took clients who are moving locally from Beijing. We were place on the second floor right beside the atrium above the bar/entry area. Unfortunately, it was so noisy that conversation was all but impossible. I felt like I was in a bar or worse yet, a diner. The food is always excellent, and as I said, it is my favorite place to go. Sadly, for a lot of money, it was an uncomfortable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushiwinendineDined on 5/16/2014Azie is a great spot in town in Media where you can grab decent sushi and a good cocktail. The service is always good and I have never had anything there yet that I haven't liked. The only problem that I have come across is that there is no wall changing table in the bathroom where I could change my little ones diaper. That was frustrating because she needed to be changed so I did it right there where we were sitting. Luckily it was a quick and easy diaper change, but if it wasn't I would not have felt comfortable doing it at the table and I would have liked to have some privacy. Other than that I like the food and atmosphere, but will not be back with my family until they install a changing table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but coldLaurenDined on 5/11/2014My boyfriend and i took our moms here for mothers day brunch. i have been here once before and loved it. the food was very good, but we were told the buffet downstairs was identical to the one we had upstairs and it was not...at all. downstairs had eggs and an omelet station, we did not, but not a big deal. overall the food and service were very good and i will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomestephie1082Dined on 5/10/2014I usually come to Azie for birthdays and anniversaries, because I'm never disappointed with the experience. I chose to go there for my graduation dinner, and it was possibly the best time I've ever had there. It was a perfect ending to an amazing day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.