AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
11 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ayzanyc.com/
- Phone: 2127142992x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Couples' Night in New York goo.gl/AZViC
TUESDAYS GIRLS' NIGHT OUT in Manhattan goo.gl/H5Rdo
Special Offers: http://goo.gl/H5I4M
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:45pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Dinner: Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Murat Sevimcok
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music on Mondays!
- Cross Street: Between 5th Avenue and Broadway
- Public Transit: B, D, F, V, N, Q, R & W trains to 34th Street/Herald Square, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 34th Street/Penn Station, and 6 to 33rd Street. M4, M16, M34 & Q32 buses to West 31st Street & 5th Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available after 6:00pm on 31st Street. Central Parking System is located on 9 West 31st Street, (between 5th Avenue and Broadway), New York, NY 10001, Phone: (212) 868-1682.
A word from AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
Enjoy Our Outdoor Dining! Savory cheese and Jacques Torres chocolate truffles! Full menu of salads, paninis and more. Ultimate in Flavor & Style; Private Parties at the Best Wine Bar in NYC. The proprietors of AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a selection of over 90 fine wines and champagnes from all over the world. AYZA Wine & Chocolate bar, offers its patrons finest food and wines in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, in which to dine, meet friends, or have drinks after work. Ayza is nearby Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Empire State Building, Broadway Show Theater in New York City. French, Mediterranean, Italian Restaurants. Dining at chocolate and wine bar in Times Square. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar will be within walking distance of Broadway’s Theater District, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (78)romantic (69)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (40)late-night find (40)great for lunch (29)good for groups (24)hot spot (24)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food & location.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A girlfriend of mine and I decided to meet up for dinner. We wanted a place that wouldn't break the bank, but that good food. I'd been to this location once before for a birthday gathering and had a great time, and decided to give it another go......it was a good decision. We ordered a few items each from the appetizer/tapas section of the menu......yum. I even had dessert, which I rarely do-the crape layer cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!RandyDined on 8/17/2014Great food! Great Desserts! Great Service! The portions are pretty big, and the price is great especially for its locationSpecial Features:
- Trendy dinner and dessertMelzebubDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food, wine and chocolate. Free sample of tropical sangria!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Experience!YummoDined on 8/15/2014We loved Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar! Good was excellent and so was the ambience. The food, drink and dessert menus are exquisite. Really enjoyed the overall experience and will be returning. I definitely recommend Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BekaDined on 8/9/2014Awesome place! Came across this place online and invited my best friend. We loved the raspberry, chocolate martinis. She had a panini and I had the ravioli. We loved both options! I would definitely come back here! Service was also excellent! I wrote down the names of the waitresses that helped us on a comment card inside the restaurant (they were so sweet and superb)!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Waitress had a phony "nice" attitude. Food was mediocre at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed our meal at AYZA. Possibly recommend or suggest wines with the foods and chocolate to enhance dining experience. A bit crowded indoors but overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dm518Dined on 8/7/2014I had the classic chocolate martini .. it was the BEST chocolate martini I EVER HAD! I would definitely recommend this place for appetizers and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hill...nycgirl4491VIPDined on 8/5/2014I've been going to Ayza for over a year now, at least twice a month. Food was always great, not expensive and great service. I went a few months ago and had a horrible experience. The service was so bad. So many mistakes were made. I said I wouldn't go back there but I decided to go back thinking things hopefully got better. I made a huge mistake. When the appetizers came out, they were COLD, like they had been sitting around for 30 mins before they came to the table. For main, I had the smoked salmon salad. The lettuce was soggy and droopy, the salmon was NOT fresh. For dessert we had the chocolate strawberries which were sour and not ripe. Server came up to me when entree arrived and asked if I wanted dessert...Not going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to some it upkrystle7000Dined on 8/5/2014Food and drinks was great, place was beyond small. Service was alright, very rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven in NYCwinendineDined on 8/4/2014I went to Ayza for the first time to celebrate my birthday and it was wonderful. The staff was extremely friendly. I made a reservation and me and my group were seated immediately. We received free Sangria shots that were delicious. My boyfriend had called the restaurant without my knowing and during the meal they sprinkled rose petals on the table and gave me two roses. It was very romantic. Mondays are Jazz Night so the music was lively, they even sang "Happy Birthday" to me on top of the complimentary chocolate shots we received. The food and drinks were delicious and all my guest raved about the place after we left, I will definitely be returning!!!!Special Features:
- Couples' Night MadeRelationshipWinDined on 8/3/2014I took my girlfriend to Ayza as a random special treat and we both absolutely loved it. The food was delicious, the wine selection incredible, and the complimentary chocolate truffles provided as part of the Sunday Couples Special were quite simply decadent in their deliciousness. All things considered, very reasonably priced, as well. The staff was attentive and eager to please. A+ all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckyDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant. The ambience is nice abs drinks are deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindnycrestaurantluvrDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Ayza a few times. The service and food are great. The only negative (not uncommon at NYC restaurants) was that when my friend and I were sitting outside, we were so close to the people next to us that it felt like we were eating with them. Some tables have more space between them so if you want more privacy, I would suggest requesting a table where there is more room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible servicenycfoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food here was pretty good. Portions were a lot bigger and more filling than expected. The spicy artichoke appetizer was amazing. The service was mediocre. Our waitress was nice but not very attentive, one of the guys that brought our food tipped my friends glass of wine over, he felt horrible, no harm no foul. Then another guy, come to find out was a manager of some sort, basically threw our chocolate covered strawberries on the table. Lastly, I had an open table gift card and it didn't go through apparently, which was really a pain because all of our phones were dead. After the service they should have comped us more of the meal anyways. Really cool outside dining area and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food is very delicate and delicious, although th wine list was poorer than I expected. I went with my husband for a romantic dinner, and it worked very well.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014Great way to celebrate a special occasion. Although Food menu is not extensive it will do. However, there is no need to as the drinks certainly make up for it as they are spectacular. Service was very good as wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itEatsgoodDined on 7/24/2014It's on the top of my list of restaurants in ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great food, ambiance, and lovely waitress. Would recommend to all my friends! A little pricey considering the portion sizes but definitely worth it for a "treat-yoself" kind of night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedFoodieeeeDined on 7/19/2014Nothing amazing, the chocolate Pizza was good but everything else was underwhelming. Small portions for prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal Treatment (plus Chocolate!)WineWithThatVIPDined on 7/19/2014I'd heard good things about AYZA so did a leap-of-faith booking for my birthday. We were a large group and were seated in their charming outdoor area. Our wine-savvy friends said this is a great place for wine and I can vouch for how wonderful the selection of chocolate was for dessert. AYZA also gave our group some really nice perks, like complimentary sangria shots to begin and complimentary chocolate wine shots to finish. Most of us had small plates, salads, and charcuterie-ane-cheese plates, all top-notch. Only cavil: The inside dining area seems small so I don't know how they handle crowds in inclement weather. Nonetheless, WINNER! We'll return happily.Special Features:
- Lovely, we will be back.LovelyDined on 7/18/2014Thank you to the gracious staff. They were all perfect and prompt. They were the highlight of the event and took great care of our large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and busyLuifer23VIPDined on 7/17/2014Nice for people watching. Otdoor sitting very nice. Perfect for sharing plates and pair it with wine glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Things Come in Small PackagesUWSdadVIPDined on 7/17/2014The place is tiny, but what a great find! We had several of the tapas, and they were all excellent. We sat inside, which is pretty small and a bit noisy, but the outside space looked great. The place has a great energy and it is very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- AyzaAyzaDined on 7/16/2014Four people in our party - everyone said they're food was delicious and different. Martinis were excellent and the wine was very good. Save room for dessert - it was awesome! And our server was efficient, helpful and friendly. Great experience!Special Features:
- A must when visiting NYCChrisDined on 7/16/2014I always make a point of going to Ayza when visiting New York. The food is trendy and delicious. The wine is excellent and the chocolates and desserts are to die for. It's gets very busy so I would recommend a reservation.Special Features:
- Great timeeldiDined on 7/15/2014Went with a small group of friends and had an awesome time. Great drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive experienceAwesomePossumDined on 7/11/2014Menu had a great selection of wines, chocolates and unique delicious appetizers. Service was also quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DisappointedWineGuyDined on 7/11/2014We went here expecting an actual wine bar but found a very small VERY noisy place with a disappointing wine list. A wine bar should have more than five very unimpressive Red or White wines available by the glass. The place is small and the tables packed so tightly that if you moved too much you would elbow the person sitting at the table next to you. It was difficult to have a conversation over the noise in the place. It was a warm night and the doors were open which made it very uncomfortable. We asked for a table outside but the uninterested, borderline nasty hostess said it would be about 20 - 30 minutes (No reservations accepted for outside tables) but there were at least 5 - 6 tables empty. Don't waste your time or money here.Special Features:
- Summer LunchHerculesDined on 7/10/2014Had Lunch at AYZA in July, sat outside, nice location on a not too busy street. The location is good, not far from Macys. Service was quick and attentive. The Blush sparkling wine was served with a raspberry in it - nice touch. I had the fix price lunch, hummus, salad and a small sandwich was enough food for me. I'd eat here again.Special Features:
- Great fun for birthdaysLoveNYandTNDined on 7/9/2014Went here with 6 friends for my birthday and was very fun. Cool drinks and they bring sparkelers for your birthday. However the portion sizes of the meals were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Only negative is the seating is very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Little Wine BarFoody257Dined on 7/3/2014Great menu with some interesting wine selections. The place was very busy but small enough that it wasn't very noisy. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as savored some great small plates and very generous salads. We finished with wine and chocolate pairings which were amazing. Great place to met with friends or before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before Billy JoelLEAPDined on 7/2/2014We had apps and drinks - the service was right on, the food was delicious and the drinks were awesome. My friend had never been before and I recommended the angry lolipops, which did not fail to impress her. Had two of the chocoate martinis and she had a french kiss- which also were wonderful. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaaaaamazing!!!DoyleDined on 6/30/2014Too bad we dont have choice of 10 star!!! Great all the way it our second time and much more to comeSpecial Features:
- More than expectedQualityCountsDined on 6/29/2014Dinner was great! The wine and chocolate was the heart of the recommendation from our friend. We chose the spot to celebrate a birthday for a friend. The wine, cheese plate and sangria were a perfect start. Three of us loved the Sea bass and our fourth thoroughly enjoyed the filet minon medallions. Portions were perfect! The fondue and the lava cake were shared by all four, which was just right. The service was wonderful. I appreciated the sparkler and song for the birthday. I will definitely return and will recommend the restaurant to friends for small parties, as it is a clever use of a small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine barKateDined on 6/26/2014Nice wine bar where you can also enjoy some very tasty tapas or a full meal. Yummy desserts offered as well. As is annoyingly standard in NYC, the restaurant wouldn't seat me until my friend arrived, but when she did, they didn't have a table waiting for us even though we had a reservation. Not a reason not to return to the restaurant, just something to be aware of when you're making a reservation.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!browneyes1217Dined on 6/26/2014Booked reservations at AYZA for a date night. We were seated right away, the hostess and our waitress were absolutely awesome and the food was delicious. (Definitely try the Truffle Oil Pizza!) The real highlight was of course the drinks. The chocolate martinis were like heaven in a glass. As was the Honey Fizz. I already recommended AYZA to everyone of my friends and we will of course be back very soon to try the 20 layer creme brulee cake! <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!DelishVIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything was absolutely delicious! We had the Octopus Carpaccio and Grilled Shrimp with Mango and I highly recommend them both. The salads were also quite fantastic and the flourless chocolate cake was lovely. So nice to be able to have dessert in a restaurant, which is unusual for those of us that are gluten intolerant.Special Features:
- Favorite soot in MidtownNumber1fanDined on 6/20/2014Ayza is one of my favorite places in New York. This trip I brought my daughter and three of her friends. It was their first time experiencing the chocolate Martinis. As always, the foods was delicious and the service was great. The service is not fast or rushed - just a nice, relaxed pace.Special Features: