AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
11 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ayzanyc.com/
- Phone: 2127142992x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Couples' Night in New York goo.gl/AZViC
TUESDAYS GIRLS' NIGHT OUT in Manhattan goo.gl/H5Rdo
Special Offers: http://goo.gl/H5I4M
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:45pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Dinner: Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Murat Sevimcok
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music on Mondays!
- Cross Street: Between 5th Avenue and Broadway
- Public Transit: B, D, F, V, N, Q, R & W trains to 34th Street/Herald Square, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 34th Street/Penn Station, and 6 to 33rd Street. M4, M16, M34 & Q32 buses to West 31st Street & 5th Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available after 6:00pm on 31st Street. Central Parking System is located on 9 West 31st Street, (between 5th Avenue and Broadway), New York, NY 10001, Phone: (212) 868-1682.
A word from AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
Enjoy Our Outdoor Dining! Savory cheese and Jacques Torres chocolate truffles! Full menu of salads, paninis and more. Ultimate in Flavor & Style; Private Parties at the Best Wine Bar in NYC. The proprietors of AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a selection of over 90 fine wines and champagnes from all over the world. AYZA Wine & Chocolate bar, offers its patrons finest food and wines in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, in which to dine, meet friends, or have drinks after work. Ayza is nearby Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Empire State Building, Broadway Show Theater in New York City. French, Mediterranean, Italian Restaurants. Dining at chocolate and wine bar in Times Square. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar will be within walking distance of Broadway’s Theater District, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)romantic (64)special occasion (49)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (47)late-night find (42)great for lunch (29)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Azya was awesome. I never write these review so it must be great. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing timeLoesDined on 10/18/2014I think the settings of this place were incredible. Everything about my experience was great not complaints at all. I would definitely recommend my fiends to come, and enjoy for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We certainly enjoyed our lunch and the waitstaff was extremely polite and courteous. The chocolate martini was delicious as it was my first and I would like to come back and try dinner. Overall, it was a fun lunch and the staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Website totally misleadingTrynewthingsDined on 10/13/2014We sat indoors at lunchtime and the room was very small with small tables pushed together. Very difficult to navigate around other tables as they were so close together. Decor looked as if it needed an overhaul. Site promotes this as a very romantic place but that is difficult to understand. Appetizers surprisingly very good which is what we shared and good proportions. My two friends said the ladies' room was so dark you couldn't see anything. Waitstaff very nice but not terribly well informed about menu. Overall an odd experience.
- try the wine pairingsmemememememeDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the food and they have the best chocolate martini we have ever had. The wine pairings with the dark chocolate were perfect.Special Features:
- Great place!Luv1Choc2Wine3Dined on 10/11/2014I visited Ayza midtown on an early Sat evening with a friend. We sat outside which was nice & more spacious then inside. Everything was wonderful except the 10 min wait for our server to finally come to our table. We shared the shrimp dumpling app (the chili sauce it came with is so delicious!), we each had a panini, her the turkey, I the chicken (both absolutely mouth watering!even the salad that came on the side), a glass of Riesling for me which I enjoyed & a glass of red wine for her (she enjoyed it as well), chocolate covered strawberries & s'mores for dessert. We both really love all the food from the app to the dessert & will be returning again, our go to spot when she comes in town again!Special Features:
- Good food, better for groupsKC22blueDined on 10/10/2014Went on a date with my fiancé for dinner here. Food was great - chocolate raspberry martini was delicious. 21 layer crepe cake is their signature recommended cake - it was ok, texture was questionable. This place is better for GROUPS than a date! Loud ambiance.. people are very chatty!Special Features:
- Amazing placeNesaDined on 10/5/2014This is by far one of the best restaurants I've been to. The ambiance was perfect, the service was amazing. I wasn't too fond of my drink at first but the bartender fixed it in a cry unique was by adding ice cream to it. Now it's one of the best drinks I've ever had. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic date or just an intimate dinner with their significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific spot!!joanneDined on 10/2/2014Before the Billy Joel concert at MSG we were looking for a place to eat. Read about Ayza on the Internet GREAT FIND. Delicious apps - white pizza, brie, and shrimp dumplings. Interesting and tasty cocktails. Paninnis and salads were very delicious also. Luckily we had a reservation. Service was excellent. Don't miss chocolate for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch in MidtownSIdinerDined on 10/2/2014Ayza has a great and very interesting lunch menu . Every thing we ordered was delicious and beautifully presented. The wine list was very nice and prices were fair. Make sure you save room for a chocolate sampler dessert ! Would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved This Place !!!NCTreasureDined on 10/1/2014We've been to Ayza Midtown several times now and have totally enjoyed our experience. The food is wonderful and is presented in such a way that you can't wait to dig in to it. The Angry Chicken Lollipops and the Brie w/Walnuts are two of my favorites. On to the entrees, I've had the ravioli, the steak and the chicken, all wonderful. Would be hard to pick my favorite. And the DESSERTS !!!! on my ......the 21 layer crepe brulee is so wonderful and the Molten Lava cake was simply to die for! Ayza is a great place to relax at the end of a stressful work day and they certainly fit the bill for us. We'll definitely be back !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The place is small. But the food was excellent and the wine /chocolate combos are very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious delights!Foodcriticnyc8Dined on 9/24/2014Being a picky eater in NYC, Ayza delivered the most ultimate wow-factor with their food. We ordered a few things(shrimp dumplings, octopus, pulled pork panini, ravioli) and then the dessert was fondue and chocolate pizza.. Everything was beyond delicious.. Wines were on point.. Bordeux amazing! I would highly recommend this spot for anyone .. Couples, family and friends.. I mean it's definitely the most ideal environment to accommodate any occasion. Almost felt like we were on Europe for dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening! Ayza is a Gem!NYCCOILSDined on 9/24/2014Went to unwind and celebrate a birthday! Enjoyed the cheese platter (a must!), the wine, lava cake and the service (efficient and professional)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!MJNYCDined on 9/22/2014Who doesn't love wine and chocolates? I loved the free tasting of the sangria and the amazing truffle that came with each drink. It just sweetened the atmosphere for this great romantic venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and winesmc18VIPDined on 9/20/2014I had the wild salmon salad and the Torrentes wine. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Love wine and dining outdoorsWineandDineDined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed an evening with my daughter at Ayza - we're going to make it our "place". Good service, good wine (and the martinis looked great - next time) and good food - if you just want small bites or a meal. Reasonable prices on the food. Definitely a find in NYC!Special Features:
- What a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This is a very tiny place, but it is a super nice and classy place to go with friends. I enjoyed the appetizers that we got and the staff was very friendly!Special Features:
- One of the best dessert barJuelzzDined on 9/12/2014Glad found this dessert bar! Ambiance was good! Tried the crepe cake and it is AMAZING!!!! Also ordered the chocolate covered strawberries and the molten chocolate cake and it was YUM!! Will be defenitely going back to try other items on the menu!!Special Features:
- good food, drinks, but....?PJC15VIPDined on 9/12/2014We were fortunate to sit outside, since inside is small/cramped/loud. The apps and salad we ordered were all delicious - My lemon martini was great, and my friend liked the house sangria (too sweet for my taste, and no fresh fruit in it). Dark choc dipped strawberries asso delish. We talked abt coming back because we were enjoying it so much.....but we felt pushed out. We hadnt ordered second drinks (yet) and yes, we were given the bill and paid it..but we were sitting enjoying atmosphere, and a busboy came and took our waters, took all our utensils, wiped down the table.....we can take a hint, they wanted us to leave, so their loss for losing out on additional business then& in future..I've never had this happen at any restaurantSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The service is really bad from the waiters to the manager. I will not come back!!
- Why no pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We dined. You did not give us 100 points!,,,,.....".......................
- Greatnycgirl4491VIPDined on 9/3/2014Everything was perfect! Food was great! Service was on point. Had a romantic table with my fiancée :) strongly recommend for couples or a girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & location.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A girlfriend of mine and I decided to meet up for dinner. We wanted a place that wouldn't break the bank, but that good food. I'd been to this location once before for a birthday gathering and had a great time, and decided to give it another go......it was a good decision. We ordered a few items each from the appetizer/tapas section of the menu......yum. I even had dessert, which I rarely do-the crape layer cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent time...ckmoore1130Dined on 8/23/2014My wife, lifelong friends and I had a great time. The chocolate and wine pairings where amazing. You will enjoy AYZA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!RandyDined on 8/17/2014Great food! Great Desserts! Great Service! The portions are pretty big, and the price is great especially for its locationSpecial Features:
- Trendy dinner and dessertMelzebubDined on 8/15/2014Delicious food, wine and chocolate. Free sample of tropical sangria!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Experience!YummoDined on 8/15/2014We loved Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar! Good was excellent and so was the ambience. The food, drink and dessert menus are exquisite. Really enjoyed the overall experience and will be returning. I definitely recommend Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BekaDined on 8/9/2014Awesome place! Came across this place online and invited my best friend. We loved the raspberry, chocolate martinis. She had a panini and I had the ravioli. We loved both options! I would definitely come back here! Service was also excellent! I wrote down the names of the waitresses that helped us on a comment card inside the restaurant (they were so sweet and superb)!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Waitress had a phony "nice" attitude. Food was mediocre at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed our meal at AYZA. Possibly recommend or suggest wines with the foods and chocolate to enhance dining experience. A bit crowded indoors but overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dm518Dined on 8/7/2014I had the classic chocolate martini .. it was the BEST chocolate martini I EVER HAD! I would definitely recommend this place for appetizers and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hill...nycgirl4491VIPDined on 8/5/2014I've been going to Ayza for over a year now, at least twice a month. Food was always great, not expensive and great service. I went a few months ago and had a horrible experience. The service was so bad. So many mistakes were made. I said I wouldn't go back there but I decided to go back thinking things hopefully got better. I made a huge mistake. When the appetizers came out, they were COLD, like they had been sitting around for 30 mins before they came to the table. For main, I had the smoked salmon salad. The lettuce was soggy and droopy, the salmon was NOT fresh. For dessert we had the chocolate strawberries which were sour and not ripe. Server came up to me when entree arrived and asked if I wanted dessert...Not going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to some it upkrystle7000Dined on 8/5/2014Food and drinks was great, place was beyond small. Service was alright, very rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven in NYCwinendineDined on 8/4/2014I went to Ayza for the first time to celebrate my birthday and it was wonderful. The staff was extremely friendly. I made a reservation and me and my group were seated immediately. We received free Sangria shots that were delicious. My boyfriend had called the restaurant without my knowing and during the meal they sprinkled rose petals on the table and gave me two roses. It was very romantic. Mondays are Jazz Night so the music was lively, they even sang "Happy Birthday" to me on top of the complimentary chocolate shots we received. The food and drinks were delicious and all my guest raved about the place after we left, I will definitely be returning!!!!Special Features:
- Couples' Night MadeRelationshipWinDined on 8/3/2014I took my girlfriend to Ayza as a random special treat and we both absolutely loved it. The food was delicious, the wine selection incredible, and the complimentary chocolate truffles provided as part of the Sunday Couples Special were quite simply decadent in their deliciousness. All things considered, very reasonably priced, as well. The staff was attentive and eager to please. A+ all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckyDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant. The ambience is nice abs drinks are deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindnycrestaurantluvrDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Ayza a few times. The service and food are great. The only negative (not uncommon at NYC restaurants) was that when my friend and I were sitting outside, we were so close to the people next to us that it felt like we were eating with them. Some tables have more space between them so if you want more privacy, I would suggest requesting a table where there is more room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible servicenycfoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food here was pretty good. Portions were a lot bigger and more filling than expected. The spicy artichoke appetizer was amazing. The service was mediocre. Our waitress was nice but not very attentive, one of the guys that brought our food tipped my friends glass of wine over, he felt horrible, no harm no foul. Then another guy, come to find out was a manager of some sort, basically threw our chocolate covered strawberries on the table. Lastly, I had an open table gift card and it didn't go through apparently, which was really a pain because all of our phones were dead. After the service they should have comped us more of the meal anyways. Really cool outside dining area and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food is very delicate and delicious, although th wine list was poorer than I expected. I went with my husband for a romantic dinner, and it worked very well.Special Features: