AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
11 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ayzanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 714-2992
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Couples' Night in New York goo.gl/AZViC
TUESDAYS GIRLS' NIGHT OUT in Manhattan goo.gl/H5Rdo
Special Offers: http://goo.gl/H5I4M
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm,
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:45pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Dinner: Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Murat Sevimcok
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music on Mondays!
- Cross Street: Between 5th Avenue and Broadway
- Public Transit: B, D, F, V, N, Q, R & W trains to 34th Street/Herald Square, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 34th Street/Penn Station, and 6 to 33rd Street. M4, M16, M34 & Q32 buses to West 31st Street & 5th Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available after 6:00pm on 31st Street. Central Parking System is located on 9 West 31st Street, (between 5th Avenue and Broadway), New York, NY 10001, Phone: (212) 868-1682.
A word from AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar
Enjoy Our Outdoor Dining! Savory cheese and Jacques Torres chocolate truffles! Full menu of salads, paninis and more. Ultimate in Flavor & Style; Private Parties at the Best Wine Bar in NYC. The proprietors of AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a selection of over 90 fine wines and champagnes from all over the world. AYZA Wine & Chocolate bar, offers its patrons finest food and wines in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, in which to dine, meet friends, or have drinks after work. Ayza is nearby Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, Empire State Building, Broadway Show Theater in New York City. French, Mediterranean, Italian Restaurants. Dining at chocolate and wine bar in Times Square. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar will be within walking distance of Broadway’s Theater District, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AYZA Wine & Chocolate Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)romantic (63)notable wine list (50)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (39)late-night find (38)good for groups (29)hot spot (26)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Seating delayed w/ reservation and rushed to leavejennycorDined on 11/19/2014Had a reservation for 5 for 6 ppl. 3 were there by 5:15. I was told they would not be seated and that the place was nearly empty. Really ! The 2 other ppl got there right after. No where does it state that. The only thing I was aware of was that if your party was late for 15 min we might not have our reserved seats. The place was practically empty. We spent close to $300 , tip included. This was my 4th time there and I was disappointed. The waitress was superb though. We got shots on the house. Thank you. We did feel rushed at the end. Not by our waitress but some other guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014The wine list, chocolates and cheese were great. They offered a nice wine flight selection as well. My only complaint about the entree is that the sea bass tasted a bit "fishy". The dessert chocolates and cookies were small but still tasty. The restaurant itself was also quite small but we were lucky enough to get a table inside on a very cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our chocolate fun! Staff & food awesome!BeautifulDined on 11/15/2014Loved our chocolate experience at Ayza. Both staff and food were awesome!! Will definitely plan to return on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pick except for one little issueDoctaM3Dined on 11/15/2014So I was looking at places to take my gf and have my friend and his partner join us for dinner .. we settled on Ayza because all of us are major chocoholics and Ayza had a fantastic selection of chocolate desserts so it was the restaurant to try out. Our table was reserved and ready when we got there. Our waitress was very prompt and helpful throughout the night. We stayed there for about 2.5 hours throughout our meal. Now the issue: when we finished our meal, the staff kept coming by trying to rush us out the door but being subtle at the same time by doing some of the following (taking away our wine and water glasses even though we were still using them), coming by our table and just checking up on us without saying anything as if they wanted to clear the space.. sending the cleaning personnel to make rounds as well, (albeit we were still conversing and deciding if we wanted other items off the menu). So instead of asking us if we wanted anything else, I believe it was the manager that came by and asked us "politely" to vacate our table because there was another reservation. I am well aware that if you have reservations for a certain time slot, you deserve to be seated at said time (because thats how I would want it to be for my reservations). However, I would not vacate someone off their table just so I can fit someone else in without knowing for sure that that party had finished their stay. (suffice to say, we hadn't paid our bill yet and were told to vacate, which I find rude).Special Features:
- The food wasn't as good as I had hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014$16 for a drink that is watered down I have had better.Special Features:
- Good Optionyesse17Dined on 11/12/2014Overall I like Ayza and have frequented a few times, my only complaint is that it is a bit cramped but otherwise I'm always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a fabulous experience!KarinePDined on 11/8/2014We loved our dining at Ayza. Our drinks were wonderful, the service amazing, the food delicious, the decoration magnificient. Really, nothing to complain about. I will come back for sure!Special Features:
- Outdoor seating nice...but HOT!NYCgirl24Dined on 11/7/2014I made a reservation for Friday evening. I've been here once before two years ago during the summer, so I was happy to see that outdoor seating was available on this cold November night. The restaurant puts up plastic curtains to block at the wind and cold and have some very efficient overhead heaters to keep the place warm.....maybe too efficient, felt like 85 - 90 degrees. Service was okay. We had to ask for the waitress a few times for an extra menu and silverware for our added guests. I don't want to fault her too much as the outside area was quite packed and she seemed to have too many people to assist. Maybe they were short-staffed. The small taster of mulled wine when we were first seated was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Nice romantic dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014My bf and I requested a couple nights out. We did the cheese tasting and chocolate tasting. It was some experience. Definitely recommend this place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hancgDined on 10/30/2014It was ok at the beginning but the end, when I asked a check, the total was included 18% gratuity already. Usually they charge a tip for 6 or more people but we were only 2people. I really don't like they added a tip and didn't mention any. I didn't feel I enjoyed their food an wine whenever they did it.
- Truffle-tastic!KvalDined on 10/29/2014The chocolate martinis and truffles are to die for.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The service was extremely poor. We had a reservation through open table. When we arrived I told them we had a reservation and they never asked my name to confirm it and just pointed to a table and asked rather surely "is this ok". The waitress announced with a very bad attitude that the kitchen was closed and they were only serving dessert and drinks, which was our intent. The problem was the way everything was done. We were served our desserts which were lackluster without napkins. They seemed surprised when we asked for them. Our water glasses were never refilled and remained empty until we left. I would not return.
- Chocolate fixes everything...dessertprincessDined on 10/25/2014We were sitting near a bridal shower party, so the noise level was pretty high. Despite that, it was a very fun, romantic birthday for my boyfriend and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!VennyVIPDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere, the food and the service were excellent. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AyzaNickandSabDined on 10/24/2014Had a great time at Ayza on Friday night 10/24 with my wife. Food was excellent and wine selection was amazing.Special Features:
- Wine & chocoate are faves, not AYZA2FoodiesVIPDined on 10/24/2014We ate dinner at Ayza on Friday evening. I chose it because of its subtitles- my favorite food!-, the outdoor patio and the price range quoted on the Open Table site. I was disappointed on all counts. The opening spiced hot wine was nice, but the wines by the glass selection was limited. I tried a flight of reds- tasteless. The baba ganoush had mayonnaise in it- YUK!! AND my husband is allergic to soy- sent it back. My salad (walnuts and dates, manchego, roast chicken). The chicken was moist but bland. Too many dates & walnuts. We had 2 brands of chocolate tasters, 9 chocolates in all. These were very small and one brand (6 types) was monotonous in the literal sense, other than the coffee flavored one. Price far too high for the value.
- Great for a girls' nightMDNYCDined on 10/23/2014I choose this place mostly for catching up with co-workers, meeting up with friends and as a great after-work spot. The wine list is impressive, the drinks always delicious and the desserts out of this world (try the crepe layer cake OMG good!). The staff is very attentive but not over-bearing and the service always good. In the summer they have an outdoor space and in the colder months the close off the space so you are still sitting outdoors but it's covered up with heaters. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Love.Foodie23VIPDined on 10/21/2014I simply love this place. It's sooo small. But it has outdoor dining that is heated in the cold weather months that add space. And the food? Divine. Get the truffle pizza and thank me later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Azya was awesome. I never write these review so it must be great. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an amazing timeLoesDined on 10/18/2014I think the settings of this place were incredible. Everything about my experience was great not complaints at all. I would definitely recommend my fiends to come, and enjoy for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We certainly enjoyed our lunch and the waitstaff was extremely polite and courteous. The chocolate martini was delicious as it was my first and I would like to come back and try dinner. Overall, it was a fun lunch and the staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Website totally misleadingTrynewthingsDined on 10/13/2014We sat indoors at lunchtime and the room was very small with small tables pushed together. Very difficult to navigate around other tables as they were so close together. Decor looked as if it needed an overhaul. Site promotes this as a very romantic place but that is difficult to understand. Appetizers surprisingly very good which is what we shared and good proportions. My two friends said the ladies' room was so dark you couldn't see anything. Waitstaff very nice but not terribly well informed about menu. Overall an odd experience.
- try the wine pairingsmemememememeDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the food and they have the best chocolate martini we have ever had. The wine pairings with the dark chocolate were perfect.Special Features:
- Great place!Luv1Choc2Wine3Dined on 10/11/2014I visited Ayza midtown on an early Sat evening with a friend. We sat outside which was nice & more spacious then inside. Everything was wonderful except the 10 min wait for our server to finally come to our table. We shared the shrimp dumpling app (the chili sauce it came with is so delicious!), we each had a panini, her the turkey, I the chicken (both absolutely mouth watering!even the salad that came on the side), a glass of Riesling for me which I enjoyed & a glass of red wine for her (she enjoyed it as well), chocolate covered strawberries & s'mores for dessert. We both really love all the food from the app to the dessert & will be returning again, our go to spot when she comes in town again!Special Features:
- Good food, better for groupsKC22blueDined on 10/10/2014Went on a date with my fiancé for dinner here. Food was great - chocolate raspberry martini was delicious. 21 layer crepe cake is their signature recommended cake - it was ok, texture was questionable. This place is better for GROUPS than a date! Loud ambiance.. people are very chatty!Special Features:
- Amazing placeNesaDined on 10/5/2014This is by far one of the best restaurants I've been to. The ambiance was perfect, the service was amazing. I wasn't too fond of my drink at first but the bartender fixed it in a cry unique was by adding ice cream to it. Now it's one of the best drinks I've ever had. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic date or just an intimate dinner with their significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific spot!!joanneDined on 10/2/2014Before the Billy Joel concert at MSG we were looking for a place to eat. Read about Ayza on the Internet GREAT FIND. Delicious apps - white pizza, brie, and shrimp dumplings. Interesting and tasty cocktails. Paninnis and salads were very delicious also. Luckily we had a reservation. Service was excellent. Don't miss chocolate for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch in MidtownSIdinerDined on 10/2/2014Ayza has a great and very interesting lunch menu . Every thing we ordered was delicious and beautifully presented. The wine list was very nice and prices were fair. Make sure you save room for a chocolate sampler dessert ! Would recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved This Place !!!NCTreasureDined on 10/1/2014We've been to Ayza Midtown several times now and have totally enjoyed our experience. The food is wonderful and is presented in such a way that you can't wait to dig in to it. The Angry Chicken Lollipops and the Brie w/Walnuts are two of my favorites. On to the entrees, I've had the ravioli, the steak and the chicken, all wonderful. Would be hard to pick my favorite. And the DESSERTS !!!! on my ......the 21 layer crepe brulee is so wonderful and the Molten Lava cake was simply to die for! Ayza is a great place to relax at the end of a stressful work day and they certainly fit the bill for us. We'll definitely be back !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The place is small. But the food was excellent and the wine /chocolate combos are very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious delights!Foodcriticnyc8Dined on 9/24/2014Being a picky eater in NYC, Ayza delivered the most ultimate wow-factor with their food. We ordered a few things(shrimp dumplings, octopus, pulled pork panini, ravioli) and then the dessert was fondue and chocolate pizza.. Everything was beyond delicious.. Wines were on point.. Bordeux amazing! I would highly recommend this spot for anyone .. Couples, family and friends.. I mean it's definitely the most ideal environment to accommodate any occasion. Almost felt like we were on Europe for dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening! Ayza is a Gem!NYCCOILSDined on 9/24/2014Went to unwind and celebrate a birthday! Enjoyed the cheese platter (a must!), the wine, lava cake and the service (efficient and professional)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!MJNYCDined on 9/22/2014Who doesn't love wine and chocolates? I loved the free tasting of the sangria and the amazing truffle that came with each drink. It just sweetened the atmosphere for this great romantic venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and winesmc18VIPDined on 9/20/2014I had the wild salmon salad and the Torrentes wine. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Love wine and dining outdoorsWineandDineDined on 9/18/2014Enjoyed an evening with my daughter at Ayza - we're going to make it our "place". Good service, good wine (and the martinis looked great - next time) and good food - if you just want small bites or a meal. Reasonable prices on the food. Definitely a find in NYC!Special Features:
- What a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This is a very tiny place, but it is a super nice and classy place to go with friends. I enjoyed the appetizers that we got and the staff was very friendly!Special Features:
- One of the best dessert barJuelzzDined on 9/12/2014Glad found this dessert bar! Ambiance was good! Tried the crepe cake and it is AMAZING!!!! Also ordered the chocolate covered strawberries and the molten chocolate cake and it was YUM!! Will be defenitely going back to try other items on the menu!!Special Features:
- good food, drinks, but....?PJC15VIPDined on 9/12/2014We were fortunate to sit outside, since inside is small/cramped/loud. The apps and salad we ordered were all delicious - My lemon martini was great, and my friend liked the house sangria (too sweet for my taste, and no fresh fruit in it). Dark choc dipped strawberries asso delish. We talked abt coming back because we were enjoying it so much.....but we felt pushed out. We hadnt ordered second drinks (yet) and yes, we were given the bill and paid it..but we were sitting enjoying atmosphere, and a busboy came and took our waters, took all our utensils, wiped down the table.....we can take a hint, they wanted us to leave, so their loss for losing out on additional business then& in future..I've never had this happen at any restaurantSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The service is really bad from the waiters to the manager. I will not come back!!
- Why no pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We dined. You did not give us 100 points!,,,,.....".......................