Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: 2406515155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)great for outdoor dining (100)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (70)romantic (46)great for lunch (40)hot spot (37)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (21)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (4)Show More
- DelicousWemmeDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were able to obtain a last minute Saturday evening reservation at this popular Frederick restaurant. It was very crowded and we still had to wait 15 minutes at the bar for our table. We ordered the grilled whole fish (bronzini), Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, artichokes and spanakopita to share between the two of us. The food was delicious, the fish was very moist and cooked to pefection. We had a Turkish coffee with baklava for dessert. The dessert was a bit of a disappointed (too hard) but otherwise everything was great. We plan on coming back and highly recommend the restaurant to those who love Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Great food, ok experienceAryEDined on 10/18/2014We were seated at 7:45 for a 6:30 reservation after 2 members of our party of 6 had to leave. The cocktail waitress in the bar while we waited was very slow, inattentive, and flat out rude at times. We were the first couple to arrive out of 3 and while she did eventually take our order she proceeded to completely ignore the other 2 couples after they arrived. I was ready to write this place off, but after we were seated in the dining room, our experience took a 180* turn for the better. Our server was extremely attentive, helpful, and friendly. The food was fantastic and at the end of the night I would try this place again, although maybe not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsChrisNiemanDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I ate here Saturday night for date night. My wife is a vegetarian it was great to have so many delicious sounding vegetarian offerings. We both enjoyed our meals, desserts, cocktails and the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing varietyTrishalVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were just visiting Frederick on an "spur-of-the-moment" basis for a Friday night out, and found the best available restaurant away from the craziness of Market St to dine at. At first we thought we've had such food in places around Baltimore and DC, but then we noticed the variety in the menu differed from the norm. We tried flavors we had never before, such as the honey-glazed brussels sprouts with a tangy vinaigrette, making it both sweet and sour pleasantly. We ordered so many things, most of them vegetarian, and everything was really very VERY good. I managed to get my younger brother to eat brussels sprouts and spaghetti squash! By the way, the service we received was beyond Amazing! Definitely going back again.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We think this is the best restaurant in Frederick and I have lived here my entire life and have tried many local places. We were pleasantly surprised!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to miss in FredericklisacDined on 10/11/2014We went to Ayse on the recommendation by a friend. We had a reservation for a Saturday night, which is a must. We were seated in a small room that was quiet. We started with a beer & a grapefruit cocktail, both very good. Selecting from the menu was difficult because there were so many good dishes to try. We ended up with the tomatoes with feta, lamb cigars and scallops with pesto & sweet potato, which were all amazing. We also had the spinach hearth bread, which was very good. Unfortunately, they were out of the apple cobbler we wanted for dessert, so we had ice cream and little tea cakes, both excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Always the bestTonyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great menu and great daily specials. What to choose is the problem. My lamb stew with eggplant puree was suberb!! Just the right amount of seasoning. The daily fish dishes always stand out as does the vegetable specials There is something on the menu to please everyone and the service couldn't be better from Chris the manager to the servers and buspersonsSpecial Features:
- An Evening at AyseAmigoDined on 10/11/2014My husband & I have been at Ayse numerous times & have always been very pleased. We brought new guests this weekend and they were so impressed with the selections, service and atmosphere. I am always pleased at all the choices I have that do not have meat. Our one guest has a tree nut allergy and was able to have many selections to choose from. The menu is so descriptive in describing each of the dishes. While we were there, Ayse was able to host 2 large party groups and still serve the general public there with excellent, timely service. This was the first time we ordered dessert at Ayse and were delighted with ending our meal on a sweet note! It's so great that Frederick has such a unique restaurant in its neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DKDinerDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time at this wonderful Mediterranean restaurant. There was a great selection. Loved the flaming cheese and the corn fritters were to die for! Lamb skewers were also fantastic and there was a good selection of reasonably priced wines. We liked it so much, we went back two nights later and found a new favorite: the brussel sprouts! Recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- LOVED it!SuzeDined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the service was efficient and friendly, and the ambiance was calm and relaxing. There were several gluten-free items on the menu, including REALLY GOOD gluten-free pita! Wonderful!Special Features:
- What's the fuss?sdb138Dined on 10/4/2014After reading some reviews, we were excited to try this place. The brussel sprouts were good and were served hot. The falafel was terrible. All other dishes were so-so and bland. Also, all the foods, except the sprouts, were served at room temperature even when they should be warm. Obviously, all had been prepared in advance and barely warmed before being served. A lovely room, noisy when crowded (we were there for an early lunch and thus no crowds), but not worth a special trip.
- eastcoastnomadDined on 10/3/2014I know it sounds a bit odd, but Frederick needed something new. I was tired of all the "American" food restaurants in town and just in the mood for something different. my experience with Mediterranean foods has been limited at best, and this was an excellent experience. I expanded my pallet and found that the ambiance and design of the restaurant really took me away from it all after a long work week. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRocaDined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent. We drove from Annapolis and enjoyed the day.Special Features:
- Great place!Bruncher2Dined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Frederick. Great food, reasonable prices, very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodie a great localeAverageJaneVIPDined on 9/27/2014We come here for the variety of Mediterranean small plates and are usually very satisfied with our choices. This past weekend was no exception. We loved the roasted Brussel sprouts, the beef shish kabob, the tuna with hummus special and the quinoa. We also enjoyed the baklava for dessert. However, the service was very slow and twice they brought out the wrong dish, although they did rectify the mistakes. We will be back soon and hope to continue to enjoy our meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014excellent dinner, excellent service. reservation was honored in a timely manner. will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of Turkey in Frederickh0mersimps0nDined on 9/27/2014Loved the Greek/Turkish Food. All the lamb was done very well. Some items more of a hit than others but overall excellent way to grab something other than a burger and beer in Frederick. A breath of fresh culinary air.Special Features:
- Superb dining experiencevickiBDined on 9/27/2014Our food was wonderful. We had a sample plater of dips. We tried the recommended brussel sprouts and they were excellent (and who likes brussel sprouts anyway). Beet salad was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinnerchipmunk226Dined on 9/27/2014Was very pleased with this restauraunt. The food was amazing, the service was great, the atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTonyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Anther great meal at Ayse. At my request, the chef had goat stew on the daily menu and it was excellent!! Cooked to order with wonderful side dishes. As always Chef Ric's menu refect the best of the seasons. Much of the produce comes from the owner's farm. The mission figs in salad was a great starter. A few Peruvian dishes addes a special touch to the special menu. As always the friendly staff and manager made our dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayPaulVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our OpenTable reservation was honored on a Saturday night in late summer, but our request to be seated in the (empty) dining room was ignored and we found ourselves in the bar area. The server admitted she knew very little about the menu, but she was charming and did the best that she could to answer our questions. We had mission figs, brussel sprouts, moussaka, shrimp in brandy, baked oysters, and baklava (the high point) for dessert. The tapas were just 'okay'; there was nothing really memorable or satisfying about the food at all, so we will probably not return. This restaurant is owned by the same people who have several others in the immediate area, of which, we prefer Isabella's on Market Street.
- Favorite Frederick restaurantjuliloquyDined on 9/19/2014I love the blend of locally-sourced specials with Turkish/Bulgarian/Middle-Eastern classics.Special Features:
- Small meza so choose manyDeethursdayniteblogDined on 9/18/2014You will enjoy the food very authentic small servings but fun to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small plateseatingagainDined on 9/14/2014The menu had an excellent selection of dishes, some creative and surprising. We would readily order everything we had on our next visit, except there are so many other things we would like to try. Nothing felt heavy to us, not even the beautifully prepared dessert of compressed cantaloupe.Special Features:
- Local favoriteShantanDined on 9/13/2014A great place for Greek small bites. Great variety of food and very knowledgeable staff. They also have excellent Gluten Free items clearly labeled on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutqueenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Ayse and bring friends in whenever we can. We especially enjoy the live jazz music.Special Features:
- Great foodOmarVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went to this restaurant on a whim on our way back from Harper's Ferry. It was great! The service was amazing and I really liked the ambiance. It's a spacious restaurant with room between the tables and an ability to have a private meal, something that is lost in a lot of DC spaces. The food was also great, I recommend the istanbul spread sampler and the keftedes. My husband really enjoyed the fish of the day!Special Features:
- Perfect Dining ExperienceHappydinerDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have eaten here one time before; our friends had never eaten here. We chose a table outside right by the singer/guitar player on Saturday night. Frequently, performers have the speakers so loud that conversation is impossible. This performer (John DuRant) was not trying to blast everyone out of the area; he played at a level that was enjoyable but not intrusive. We were able to converse easily. As we expected, the food was delicious. Two members of our party are gluten sensitive. Fortunately, the menu is clearly marked with GF options, which are plentiful. The server was very personable and friendly as well as helpful in making safe choices from the menu. I will not hesitate to invite friends to Ayse Meze in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Eats Done RightJJMDVIPDined on 8/30/2014Second visit to Ayse Meze and all is well. From the Cigar platter to the Cheese appetizer to dessert, the food was great. I recommend the meatballs, the brussel sprouts, and any of the seafood dishes. Our server was lots of fun and very playful. Overall, a great dining night out in Frederick!Special Features:
- LuvgoodrestaurantsDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food; knowledgeable server who was able to make recommendations. The Brussel sprouts, scallops, ravioli, lamb, and for dessert baklava and cup cakes were outstanding. We were fortunate to get prime seating for our group of four in an alcove with gorgeous Turkish pillows against the back of the bench. On a Tuesday night it was not noisy. On a previous visit on a Friday, the noise level was high, but the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aysa Meze never disappointsEdinWVDined on 8/26/2014Having lived in Turkey and traveled in Greece, I am very familiar with the cuisine of the area. Aysa Meze serves 100% authentic Greek and Turkish food with one small exception -- they are inclined to make some dishes spicier than usual in the host countries. This is especially true of the meze like baba ganouj and other spreads. The restaurant was quite busy for a Tuesday evening. Dining on the patio was pleasant, but the new chairs are badly in need of cushions (which I understand are on order,) and better lighting is needed -- some diners had difficulty seeing the menus. The live entertainment was a bit overpowering, making it difficult for some guests to communicate with their servers. Service was attentive but slow.Special Features:
- Great menu choices.StaceyDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal Saturday night. Our server was knowledgeable and food came out quickly. If you go, you have to get the brussel sprouts!Special Features:
- The Very Best!!!TonyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our dining experiences at Ayse seem to get better. The food is remarkable and the service and friendly staff can't be beat anyplace. On our last visit, we decided to revisit some of our favorites on the regular menu. It's hard to pass up the daily specials. My wife's salmon was excellent. Braised just right with large beans and an array of seasonal vegetables from the owner's farm. It's a dish which we judge all salmon dishes. My Adana was cooked to perfection-pink on the inside; charred on the outside served with rice pilaf. The shrimp saganaki very favorful and the brandy showcased it. To start we had muhamma a flavorable dip and Greece salald. As good as th food is, its the warm friendly management and staff that keeps us coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family TimeOLME22Dined on 8/21/2014A wonderful dinning experience. Service was very attentive and timely. The cuisine was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYardapeDined on 8/17/2014The service is friendly and the food is some of the best tapas I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suggestion....TheBigWDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. However, the pre-course is olive oil in a small dish with several olives and pita bread. I did not know the olives had pits. I bit down on the olive and think I have cracked a tooth or filling. I will be going to the dentist this week. It may be wise to inform the customers that the olives have pits OR get pitted olives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food +, service -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the food and the small plates format, but the service was very slow. Waited 15 min just to get asked what we wanted to drink. the wine came quickly thereafter but the kids drinks were another 10 min later. Had to do frequent reminders for stuff we had asked for (refills, etc.). the table next to us was also constantly looking for their server. I will say he was very knowledgeable and explained the food choices well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We had an excellent meal, excellent service, and the outdoor patio on a beautiful evening was just what the doctor ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerKevinKDined on 8/12/2014Excellent Mediterranean fare with polite, energetic service in a quaint, historic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as Always!LilygirlDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Ayse Meze since it opened and we shall continue to do so. It is a wonderful restaurant for the food, the ambiance, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.