Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: (240) 651-5155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)great for outdoor dining (97)good for groups (93)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (78)romantic (56)great for lunch (50)hot spot (47)notable wine list (31)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (4)Show More
- Cozy Mediterranean restaurant in FrederickDktran31VIPDined on 11/19/2014This restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping center in downtown. It's very cozy. They have real flowers and candles throughout. Service was great. The food was pretty good, not the best. I prefer Cava Mezze in VA/DC - they have very similar dishes. I had the scallops, lamb chops, rabbit, tuna, chicken livers and baklava. The scallops were cooked to near perfection. I loved the mashed sweet potatoes that are included on the dish. The lamb chops were good, the rabbit, tuna, chicken livers were all alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayse MezecherobrienVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food is excellent but it's small plates so you have to be willing to share or pick just what you want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Came in from the bitter cold quite a bit ahead of our reservation, and so glad we did. Happy Hour was a wonderful surprise, as the lovely brick walls were illuminated by late afternoon sun. Service was exceptionally attentive, helpful and friendly, and the food was simply amazing. We will definitely come back to sample more of your extensive menu. A delightfully memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its always a great meal there. Also very clean!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014We love the relaxed feel of this place. Its always a comfortable dining room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The brussels sprouts are to die for. We also enjoyed the zucchini cakes, the veggie kabobs and the cheese filled cigars. I didn't have a bite of food I would go back to this restaurant to eat again and again. Service was well-timed and friendly,and super warm. It was like having a girlfriend take care of you at her home. Very posh and inviting. Great place for a lunch with your girlfriends or an evening out with your special friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit better than ever!CslotkinDined on 11/9/2014This is the second time we ate Ayse Meza and we will be back. We bought a gift card for our friends as a holiday gift because we enjoy the food so much. The brussel sprout dish remains popular and superb. Prices are appropriate although some dishes give you more quantity than others. We ordered the sampler hummus which was too much for two people so we took it home to be enjoyed by family. The waitress even gave us extr pita bread which is delicious. On the other hand, one pork dish had a tiny patty and while tasty, was not worth the price. This is a really good restaurant. Don't pass or up. There is ample parking, prices are good, quality of food and preparation is excellent, and the service is attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time , good food!PugluvrVIPDined on 11/8/2014We like to try new restaurants and this one did not disappoint. The calamari and the brussel sprouts we amazing as were the "pides" that we ordered. We always like to go to places that offer small plates so we can try different things. We ordered 7 plates for 4 people which was just about right. The only negative is the wine list ...even though it's a Greek/Middle Eastern place they need a better selection of American wines.Special Features:
- Small plates to indulge your palatelander60Dined on 11/8/2014I love the chance to try so many things and glad to say that everything was fantastic. We had 10 at a large table with comfy cushions tucked in along a stretch of windows. It reminded me of a meal I had in Morocco. We felt as though we had our own private space to celebrate a 50 and 60th birthday. Going somewhere new for a special event can be risky, but this time our luck held out. Our server was excellent in describing the favorites and making suggestions. She was very engaging and accommodating. It was an A+ evening all the way around!Special Features:
- Great platesSteveDined on 11/8/2014We dined here early (6:00 PM) on a Saturday evening. We were seated immediately at a very nice table for 2 by a window. We started with Raki, the national beverage of Turkey -- very similar to Ouzo. It was served nicely with a glass of ice, water to add, and instructions from our server on how to "prepare" it. Following that we switched to local beer and had an array of small plates ranging from "dips" like Hummus to a lamb stew. All were outstanding. The service was well paced and just right. The room started out quiet but by 8:00 PM is was getting more energetic as several large parties arrived - friends who met up at the restaurant. A very pleasant evening. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestTonyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Ayse never ceases to please!! The food is top rate even by a foodie's standard. The serve is proper,prompt yet not overbearing and very friendly. The management makes sure all the wheels turns in unison to give the diner a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food wonderful serviceCarlDined on 11/7/2014Always enjoy dining here. Our server was excellent and excellent suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday, and everything was wonderful. I had put in a request for a special table, that was granted and it was beautiful! Food was outstanding and we can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- high quality, consistently good!julesDined on 11/2/2014Every item we've ordered at Ayse Meza has been very good-excellent. The environment is fresh Mediterranean, casual upscale. Definitely not stuffy, relaxed, enjoyable. Excellent favor profiles, excellent service. A wonderful venue for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Date Night For ParentsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I do not get to get out much with having a 1 1/2 year old but when we do this place is almost always where we end up for dinner. The food is amazing, the restaurant is friendly and always full.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014After dining at AM, we're unclear as to why it is a number 1 rated restaurant in Frederick? Maybe Frederick is still deficient in fine dining experiences. Our 7:15 reservation was delayed until 8:00. If you are looking for a moderate to low noise level, do elsewhere; this is a noisy/busy restaurant. The menus are on diner style plastic(?). yadayadayada So go after 9:00 p.m. and don't expect more than very good to excellent food.Special Features:
- Great Mediterranean small platesWoodbineCoupleDined on 11/1/2014Boy, the food was really good here. My wife and two teen-aged boys really enjoy interesting foods to taste, and we were not disappointed here. We loved the fried brussel sprouts, souvlaki, keftedes, tavuk pide, and the kalamar. Loved the local Brewer's Alley beers on tap. It was a little loud and servers pretty busy at peak time on a Saturday night, but it was fun and nobody at my table minded waiting, and it wasn't too long. We consider this a real find!Special Features:
- Another great restaurant/ FrederickmddemDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant opened some time ago but we were reluctant to give up on our other favorites to try it. We finally did for lunch one day. The food was so good, the kitchen so very accommodating to my garlic allergy we decided to try it for dinner. We made reservations for First Saturday (a Frederick monthly event) and brought some friends from out of the area. We all loved it! Dinner was fantastic, fresh and priced right. We wandered the restaurant after dinner and found a very large bar area which was quiet for a Saturday night, but we will come early for drinks next time.Special Features:
- All PleasingTonyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Our regular servers were not there on Friday evening. As a result there was no one to explain the specials to us especially the Peruvian ones. That was ok because we ordered our ole favorites from the regular menu. The rabbit was outstanding as always with the light carrot coulis. The lamb stew very tender and seasoned just right served on a bed of eggplant puree. The seafood saganaki very favorful with the white wine and brandy sauce. As always the service was good and the management couldn't be better. Under the watchful eye of Chris, the manager, the diner is ensured a fine dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!MStolbaDined on 10/28/2014My husband love meeting friends here for dinner. Food is always good, atmosphere is fantastic and service has always been impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuleattosmileDined on 10/25/2014We loved indulging in almost every delightful thing on the menu. The things that stuck out the most was the scallops, pumpkin creme brule and coffee! It's a must eat on a date night or a great gathering with all your friends on the outdoors patio. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!BubblesandPrawnsDined on 10/25/2014Once seated for dinner, we were told most tables for two order 6 or 7 small plates to share. She didn't mention they provide hearth baked pita bread throughout the meal, so consider that when ordering. Although the server said it was unusual, the noise level in the main dining room was quite high that night. We felt comfortable and unrushed during our 2 1/2 hour dinner. There is a rhythm to each plate delivery -- as one divine dish was almost finished another arrived as if by magic. The 2-top table got very crowded as each dish came out. We started with hummus and saganaki with raw vegs and lavash. (Vegs were uneaten because of the pita). The brüksel lahanasi was excellent, as was garides saganaki (v. garlicky, though). Excellent food!Special Features:
- Always great!!!TonyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Dinner at Ayse was wonderful. So many daily specials. The flagelots ( small beans) were outstanding. Hard to find outside of France. The venison was cooked to order. Pink on the inside with the right amount of sauce and seasoning. The Salmon Kofte (cakes) were delicate and not dry. Everything cooked to order. The staff as usual went out of their ways to please us. One of the few restaurants I'd give a Perfect 10,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so-so serviceSuzeDined on 10/25/2014The food, as always, was great (especially the gluten-free options), but a strange thing happened after our meal We were a group of 6, and 2 of us paid with cash, and the rest with credit cards. We split the bill ($181) evenly. The 2 people who paid cash put in extra money for tips; the others left tips on our credit cards. After we paid, the server came to the table "just to let us know" that the tip was "$20 on a $200 bill." We did not understand, as all of us had left at least a 15% tip, and the bill was only $181, not $200. We called him back over to ask about it, and he replied, "You can tip whatever you want; I was just letting you know." Not sure what happened, but the server's unnecessary "reminder" was very off-putting!Special Features:
- directorDined on 10/24/2014Love the small plate concept. Wish they would stagger the serving a bit. Reasonable prices and good vibe here.Special Features:
- DelicousWemmeDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were able to obtain a last minute Saturday evening reservation at this popular Frederick restaurant. It was very crowded and we still had to wait 15 minutes at the bar for our table. We ordered the grilled whole fish (bronzini), Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, artichokes and spanakopita to share between the two of us. The food was delicious, the fish was very moist and cooked to pefection. We had a Turkish coffee with baklava for dessert. The dessert was a bit of a disappointed (too hard) but otherwise everything was great. We plan on coming back and highly recommend the restaurant to those who love Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Great food, ok experienceAryEDined on 10/18/2014We were seated at 7:45 for a 6:30 reservation after 2 members of our party of 6 had to leave. The cocktail waitress in the bar while we waited was very slow, inattentive, and flat out rude at times. We were the first couple to arrive out of 3 and while she did eventually take our order she proceeded to completely ignore the other 2 couples after they arrived. I was ready to write this place off, but after we were seated in the dining room, our experience took a 180* turn for the better. Our server was extremely attentive, helpful, and friendly. The food was fantastic and at the end of the night I would try this place again, although maybe not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsChrisNiemanDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I ate here Saturday night for date night. My wife is a vegetarian it was great to have so many delicious sounding vegetarian offerings. We both enjoyed our meals, desserts, cocktails and the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing varietyTrishalVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were just visiting Frederick on an "spur-of-the-moment" basis for a Friday night out, and found the best available restaurant away from the craziness of Market St to dine at. At first we thought we've had such food in places around Baltimore and DC, but then we noticed the variety in the menu differed from the norm. We tried flavors we had never before, such as the honey-glazed brussels sprouts with a tangy vinaigrette, making it both sweet and sour pleasantly. We ordered so many things, most of them vegetarian, and everything was really very VERY good. I managed to get my younger brother to eat brussels sprouts and spaghetti squash! By the way, the service we received was beyond Amazing! Definitely going back again.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We think this is the best restaurant in Frederick and I have lived here my entire life and have tried many local places. We were pleasantly surprised!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to miss in FredericklisacDined on 10/11/2014We went to Ayse on the recommendation by a friend. We had a reservation for a Saturday night, which is a must. We were seated in a small room that was quiet. We started with a beer & a grapefruit cocktail, both very good. Selecting from the menu was difficult because there were so many good dishes to try. We ended up with the tomatoes with feta, lamb cigars and scallops with pesto & sweet potato, which were all amazing. We also had the spinach hearth bread, which was very good. Unfortunately, they were out of the apple cobbler we wanted for dessert, so we had ice cream and little tea cakes, both excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful! We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Always the bestTonyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great menu and great daily specials. What to choose is the problem. My lamb stew with eggplant puree was suberb!! Just the right amount of seasoning. The daily fish dishes always stand out as does the vegetable specials There is something on the menu to please everyone and the service couldn't be better from Chris the manager to the servers and buspersonsSpecial Features:
- An Evening at AyseAmigoDined on 10/11/2014My husband & I have been at Ayse numerous times & have always been very pleased. We brought new guests this weekend and they were so impressed with the selections, service and atmosphere. I am always pleased at all the choices I have that do not have meat. Our one guest has a tree nut allergy and was able to have many selections to choose from. The menu is so descriptive in describing each of the dishes. While we were there, Ayse was able to host 2 large party groups and still serve the general public there with excellent, timely service. This was the first time we ordered dessert at Ayse and were delighted with ending our meal on a sweet note! It's so great that Frederick has such a unique restaurant in its neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!DKDinerDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time at this wonderful Mediterranean restaurant. There was a great selection. Loved the flaming cheese and the corn fritters were to die for! Lamb skewers were also fantastic and there was a good selection of reasonably priced wines. We liked it so much, we went back two nights later and found a new favorite: the brussel sprouts! Recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- LOVED it!SuzeDined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the service was efficient and friendly, and the ambiance was calm and relaxing. There were several gluten-free items on the menu, including REALLY GOOD gluten-free pita! Wonderful!Special Features:
- What's the fuss?sdb138Dined on 10/4/2014After reading some reviews, we were excited to try this place. The brussel sprouts were good and were served hot. The falafel was terrible. All other dishes were so-so and bland. Also, all the foods, except the sprouts, were served at room temperature even when they should be warm. Obviously, all had been prepared in advance and barely warmed before being served. A lovely room, noisy when crowded (we were there for an early lunch and thus no crowds), but not worth a special trip.
- eastcoastnomadDined on 10/3/2014I know it sounds a bit odd, but Frederick needed something new. I was tired of all the "American" food restaurants in town and just in the mood for something different. my experience with Mediterranean foods has been limited at best, and this was an excellent experience. I expanded my pallet and found that the ambiance and design of the restaurant really took me away from it all after a long work week. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRocaDined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent. We drove from Annapolis and enjoyed the day.Special Features:
- Great place!Bruncher2Dined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Frederick. Great food, reasonable prices, very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodie a great localeAverageJaneVIPDined on 9/27/2014We come here for the variety of Mediterranean small plates and are usually very satisfied with our choices. This past weekend was no exception. We loved the roasted Brussel sprouts, the beef shish kabob, the tuna with hummus special and the quinoa. We also enjoyed the baklava for dessert. However, the service was very slow and twice they brought out the wrong dish, although they did rectify the mistakes. We will be back soon and hope to continue to enjoy our meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014excellent dinner, excellent service. reservation was honored in a timely manner. will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of Turkey in Frederickh0mersimps0nDined on 9/27/2014Loved the Greek/Turkish Food. All the lamb was done very well. Some items more of a hit than others but overall excellent way to grab something other than a burger and beer in Frederick. A breath of fresh culinary air.Special Features: