Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: (240) 651-5155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)great for outdoor dining (94)good for groups (90)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (54)great for lunch (48)hot spot (46)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (4)Show More
- Wonderful!LibelleDined on 3/9/2014Like any first experience there is some level of uncertainty but from the time we were sited, through every bite and the explosion of delicious flavors we knew this was a restaurant we will visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new foodie oasis in FrederickcwmndcVIPDined on 3/9/2014We drove up from DC for Sunday lunch on a cold wintry day and discovered this fabulous new restaurant. In a rambling building off the main beaten paths -- with parking! -- the outdoor areas were still piled with snow. But inside was warm and in an elegantly understated Turkish style. The welcome was friendly and the service was attentive and informative. The remarkable, grilled Brussels Sprouts with currents are apparently locally famous but, in truth, each of the eight dishes we had was outstanding. If we lived in the area we definitely would be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The food was really good and we would definitely go back. There were some service issues though, but maybe just an off day for our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Great food and a wonderful setting. The service was lacking in attentiveness and that could have been due to the time of night and business of the rest. Overall, our experience was joyous The food was "life changing" in a great way. Very authentic and prepared with perfect portion sizes.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014This was my first visit. I was meeting some friends from out of town and I had to choose the restaurant. Turned out I made a great choice. Staff was terrific from the time I walked in to the time I walked out. Great variety of food, delicious, well prepared and presented and authentic. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Love it!RottieLoverDined on 3/8/2014Ayse is great! The food is consistent and the servers are always friendly! Love, love, love that we have a restaurant like this in Frederick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurant1sttimerDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and if it was not for Restaurant Week I would never have gone to this restaurant only because I had never heard of it before. Everything about this restaurant was impeccable, we all could not say enough about the food, service and detail to the presentation of the food. I will definitely return to this restaurant. Thank you Ayse Meze Lounge for making our experience so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to SharelocalDined on 3/7/2014Great place to go with a group to be able to share the wide variety of items on the menu. Sometimes feel rushed as the food comes out quickly once an order is placed. The wait staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant changeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Ayse Maze is a welcome addition to the Frederick dining scene. It's Middle Eastern fare brings a whole new choice in dining.Special Features:
- Our new fav Frederick restaurant!OliveMeVIPDined on 3/7/2014Our first time to this restaurant and it was during Frederick's Restaurant Week. We were so happy we put this outstanding place on our list of restaurants to dine at! It was very busy and therefore, probably louder than usual. Our waiter was Abraham, and he made the experience at the restaurant a very pleasant one. The food was delicious! We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for visitorsSkyJimDined on 3/7/2014We had friends in from out of town, and Ayse has such a variety on the menu it was hardly a challenge to take them here for dinner. Whether your group has food aficianados, vegans, wine snobs, or kids who only eat burgers, Ayse will have an offering to suit them. Smallish portions allow one to get a variety without becoming over-stuffed, and the seating can be in the lively bar area, or the main dining area, or (in good weather) the outdoor patio with music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014As a first timer at Ayse, my husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. The service was great, atmosphere was electric and the food was just amazing! Will definately be returning with friends!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014Fantastic! A friend & I went before a show at the Weinberg. Ordered two of the four course restaurant meals. Chose both meals together and shared everything. Their specialty Brussels sprouts are indeed special! Yummy. Spinach pie, salmon, hummus, cigars (pastry & filled!); EVERYTHING is perfect! I had a Turkish red wine that was excellent. Server super (so much we tipped 25%!); very helpful with food and wine. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food!ChaseDined on 3/7/2014The food was great and the desserts were awesome. My girlfriend and I ended up both getting the four course meal and shared the different courses with each other for variety. The dipper platter was great the hummus was seasoned very well. The Turkish cigars were good and the apricot jam that was served with it really set it off. The main entree was good but nothing too exciting. I am big sucker for baklava; it was served with a scope of ice cream and some apricot candies. It was outstanding and it made the meal. I will come back and suffer through the other courses just to have it again. The waitress we had was pleasant and knew the menu very well and the waitstaff was very attentive with clearing the table and refills on water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain Offer Becomes A FavoriteJdinerDined on 3/7/2014My friend and I were planning to eat Mediterranean food for a bargain price. Our lunch turned into so much more. She had fried calamari and moussaka which she said was fabulous. I had stuffed grape leaves (with a hint of sweetness) and the poached salmon on basmati rice mixed with sauteed spinach topped with a lemon sauce and lemon zest. My choices were absolutely perfection. All servings came on small plates one at a time. The dessert was an unexpected bonanza. The baklava was the best I have ever had - rich with pistachios and honey served with a delectable orange marmalade and dollop of cream. The chocolate cream inside a chocolate shell infused with pop rocks was indescribable. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! We asked the waiterJessiEDined on 3/6/2014Great food! We asked the waiter for some recommendations, and he did not lead us astray! The brussel sprouts really are amazing here, do not miss them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itBrianDined on 3/6/2014We went for Frederick Restaurant Week. Although it wasn't cheap, we thoroughly enjoyed all of our selections. I started with the dolmades. I assumed that they would be the same as all other dolmades I've had, but these were out of this world. I followed that up with the keftedes. A simple meatball, but so delicious. The tzatziki was fabulous. Unfortunately, I cannot remember my third course, but I promise you that it was great as well. I completed that up with the cikolati. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. Oh, I almost forgot about the elysian, a gin-based drink. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014We chose to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary here. The food is always amazing. The wait staff is helpful and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a wonderful meal and a great evening.Special Features:
- The waiter was very helpfulGuyFDined on 3/4/2014The waiter was very helpful in describing the menu items. Food was delicious and the service was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.lvbgirlDined on 3/4/2014Great food, great selection - best part was our waiter - he was incredibly knowledgeable about the food, took the time to give in-depth explanations for all our questions - which is particularly helpful in a restaurant where much of the food has traditional Mediterranean names. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendGampatsterDined on 3/4/2014Ayse is a favorite of ours...fantastic food, great service! The restaurant is comfortable and so tastefully decorated. Don't plan to rush through a meal-there are many small plates to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Great restaurant with great food. Ask for Abe - he's an awesome waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to try it again!FirstTimerDined on 2/22/2014We were very impressed with the quality of the food. Service was great and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She also provided great suggestions since it was our first time in trying out different items on the menu. It is tapas style, and we enjoy every bit of it. My only complaint is that our table for two was a little small particularly being tapas style dining, but that won't stop us from going back. There are items on the menu that we were too full to try so we will definitely be going back to finish what we started!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed itNotKiddingNoVaDined on 2/22/2014It was our first trip to Ayse, from the Washingtonian's Top 100 (January 2014). My view: they had many opportunities to mess things up, and get it all wrong - and, they took NONE of them. A 5-star experience: setting, ambiance, food quality, service, and overall. More than pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablemnkyboyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was very good!! Brussel sprouts were great!!! Tried a few of their cocktails (Pom Fizz & another one that was a martini) & they were not very good at all!! Kind of bland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant - excellent foodStickman33Dined on 2/22/2014We've been here twice. We've had a good experience both times. The first time we sat in the dining room, the second in the bar area. The bar area was definitely very loud, hard to have a good conversation across the table. Not bad, but something to keep in mind. The tapas approach is nice to pick and choose different things, as well as share with each other. We found the service to be very attentive during both visits. Because of this style, you can manage the cost of your meal, but generally, it adds up quick so don't look at this as a value restaurant unless you are looking for a small meal. Highly recommend to others to try out. The Eastern Mediterranean style food is a nice change of pace and everything is amazing and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ambience and ServiceTonyVIPDined on 2/21/2014As always our dining experience at Ayse couldn't have been better. The food was wonderful. The service and friendly staff top notch!! The skills of the chef continue to showcase his talents. The management and servers treat us like family. Chris the manager suggested a wonderful bottle of wine for us. Again the personal service here can't be beat anyplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always unique and tastyrichviiiDined on 2/21/2014The food is always great. It is fun to try different menu items. Our favorites are the brussel sprouts, meat cigar sampler and many others. Great kids menu with awesome pizza. One of our favorites in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the Girls at AyseKimMDined on 2/18/2014The atmosphere of the place is upscale, yet comfortable with a spacious patio in the warmer months (pups allowed on the patio). The selection at dinner amazing, with a more limited menu at lunch. Everyone I have ever gone to Ayse with enjoys the Brussell sprouts and scallops with sweet potatoes. The potato and leek soup was enjoyed by my friend too. They're also very accommodating with special dietary needs such as: gluten free, vegetarian, and it's listed right on the menu which dishes are gfree. Servers are also very knowledgeable of the menu and ingredients in case there are other question regarding menu options. I have been here numerous times and tasted many dishes, each one always has just the right combo of delish flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!gml35Dined on 2/16/2014My wife and I came to Ayse Meze for a late Valentine's Day. The food was amazing authentic Greek fair. The dining area was very cute and will put together. We plan on going back for sure! Very pleased overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoopah!!!AdmanDined on 2/15/2014It is a marvelously delicious restaurant, and you'll appreciate the fact that it is tapas. it enables you to try so many different, amazing dishes. Don't pass on the cigars!Special Features:
- Simply amazing!JulieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Amazing food and service! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicemandmVIPDined on 2/14/2014As always, the food was delicious. The spread sampler and the Brussels sprouts are a must. The lamb chops were also excellent. The atmosphere is pleasant and all of the servers are attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local gemDrakosDined on 2/14/2014Food was plentiful and flavorful...designed to be a "small plate" eatery, three or four plates between two people is more than enough...make sure to try the Babaganoush and Mastika ice cream. Moreover, the noise level was comfortable, a personal pet peeve, I cannot stand paying good money for food with the noise level of a cafeteria. Another fine addition to the Frederick food scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites-BjanemcgVIPDined on 2/14/2014Love the food - I had Turkish (I think) cab/merlot that was nice and an improvement over the previous wine list. The only thing- because the tables are so tiny, if you order a few meze the table becomes crowded very fast, then the servers feel the need to try and take items away before you are finished with them. I think they should ask- but they come and grab things and you have to stop them before they get away with it. It's a fine line between good service and feeling as if you are being rushed and they could work on that a bit. But we will always go back -Special Features:
- Rewarding dining experienceJamieDined on 2/14/2014Food from the middle east blends sweet, spice and texture in so many ways it would be difficult to appreciate the range of flavors by sampling a single dish. Ayse Meze takes full advantage of the "Meze" format by offering a wonderful selection of dishes that reward the palate with each bite. It is a great way to gain an appreciation for the gift of the culinary arts of that part of the world. Ayse Meze has become a favorite of my wife and I. Whether lunch or dinner, we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Ayse manyRTOtterDined on 2/8/2014We have eaten at Ayse many times--even had our daughter's rehearsal dinner there!--and had never had bad service....until Saturday. Our table was not ready at the reserved time, and when we inquired some time later the hostess had evidently forgotten we were waiting. Two of five food items ordered arrived s-l-o-w-l-y, then we were left with empty plates and dry glasses (although they did try to serve us two items that we did not order). Eventually, the waitress asked if we were finished, not knowing that most of our food had not yet arrived. In all, an awkward, unprofessional experience. The food is consistently delicious and inventive at Ayse. We just hope they can get their service back on track.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerJmp01Dined on 2/8/2014This is a great spot for a special occasion dinner. The dip sampler is a must!Special Features:
- YUMMYdisappointedVIPDined on 2/8/2014Very nice experience on our first time dining in Frederick. Good was absolutely delicious. The brussel sprouts were out of this world. Server was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!karenDined on 2/7/2014Delicious food and wine at an affordable cost and outstanding service. The atmosphere was inviting and the music set the tone for a very enjoyable evening with the family. A definate must for anyone looking for a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.