Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: 2406515155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)great for outdoor dining (115)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (78)romantic (56)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (35)hot spot (31)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (17)scenic view (6)Show More
- Greek Eats Done RightJJMDVIPDined on 8/30/2014Second visit to Ayse Meze and all is well. From the Cigar platter to the Cheese appetizer to dessert, the food was great. I recommend the meatballs, the brussel sprouts, and any of the seafood dishes. Our server was lots of fun and very playful. Overall, a great dining night out in Frederick!Special Features:
- LuvgoodrestaurantsDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food; knowledgeable server who was able to make recommendations. The Brussel sprouts, scallops, ravioli, lamb, and for dessert baklava and cup cakes were outstanding. We were fortunate to get prime seating for our group of four in an alcove with gorgeous Turkish pillows against the back of the bench. On a Tuesday night it was not noisy. On a previous visit on a Friday, the noise level was high, but the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aysa Meze never disappointsEdinWVDined on 8/26/2014Having lived in Turkey and traveled in Greece, I am very familiar with the cuisine of the area. Aysa Meze serves 100% authentic Greek and Turkish food with one small exception -- they are inclined to make some dishes spicier than usual in the host countries. This is especially true of the meze like baba ganouj and other spreads. The restaurant was quite busy for a Tuesday evening. Dining on the patio was pleasant, but the new chairs are badly in need of cushions (which I understand are on order,) and better lighting is needed -- some diners had difficulty seeing the menus. The live entertainment was a bit overpowering, making it difficult for some guests to communicate with their servers. Service was attentive but slow.Special Features:
- The Very Best!!!TonyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our dining experiences at Ayse seem to get better. The food is remarkable and the service and friendly staff can't be beat anyplace. On our last visit, we decided to revisit some of our favorites on the regular menu. It's hard to pass up the daily specials. My wife's salmon was excellent. Braised just right with large beans and an array of seasonal vegetables from the owner's farm. It's a dish which we judge all salmon dishes. My Adana was cooked to perfection-pink on the inside; charred on the outside served with rice pilaf. The shrimp saganaki very favorful and the brandy showcased it. To start we had muhamma a flavorable dip and Greece salald. As good as th food is, its the warm friendly management and staff that keeps us coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family TimeOLME22Dined on 8/21/2014A wonderful dinning experience. Service was very attentive and timely. The cuisine was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYardapeDined on 8/17/2014The service is friendly and the food is some of the best tapas I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suggestion....TheBigWDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. However, the pre-course is olive oil in a small dish with several olives and pita bread. I did not know the olives had pits. I bit down on the olive and think I have cracked a tooth or filling. I will be going to the dentist this week. It may be wise to inform the customers that the olives have pits OR get pitted olives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food +, service -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the food and the small plates format, but the service was very slow. Waited 15 min just to get asked what we wanted to drink. the wine came quickly thereafter but the kids drinks were another 10 min later. Had to do frequent reminders for stuff we had asked for (refills, etc.). the table next to us was also constantly looking for their server. I will say he was very knowledgeable and explained the food choices well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We had an excellent meal, excellent service, and the outdoor patio on a beautiful evening was just what the doctor ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerKevinKDined on 8/12/2014Excellent Mediterranean fare with polite, energetic service in a quaint, historic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as Always!LilygirlDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Ayse Meze since it opened and we shall continue to do so. It is a wonderful restaurant for the food, the ambiance, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine MealTonyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our weekly visit to Ayse couldn't have been better. The daily specials were outstanding. The chef is so innovative with the locally grown vegetables, and seafood. My fresh mung beans with a light dressing was a dish I've only seen on my trips to The Netherlands. Chef Ric's talents really shined with this and every dish on the menu. The octopus salad was so unique and tasty. There is something on the menu for everyone's taste. As always the staff were great!! From the owner, the management, to the servers, they all go out of their way to make the dining expereince memorable for all the diners. Ayse is truly a dining jewel!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayes mezzoLovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014It was a wonderful place to eat. The service was great, the menu had a very wide selection. The Mediterranean messes were delicious and beautifully presented. It is a place to come back and dine again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super goodKJo8Dined on 8/3/2014They take a lot of pride in their restaurant and it was quite noticeable. Wonderful chefs and knowledgeable servers made this a most exquisite experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than we expectedUltracsicVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is done in a Mediterranean small plate style. Everything that we ordered was very good. Great hummus plate with Oppah (greek) flaming cheese. They were great together. The salads were fresh and tasty as were the entrees. We will be back.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Birthday DinnerTonyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had my birthday dinner at Ayse Last Friday evening. Everyone at Ayse went out of their way to make it a memorable occassion. It couldn't have been better!! The chef made a couple of special dishes I requested and the cake which was presented to me was wonderful. The frog legs were excellent and rarely found in restaurants. Just the right amount of garlic and buuter. The Ossobuco made with pork was so tender I didnt need a knife. Both dishes highlighted the culinary talents of Chef Ric. Some of the best I've had. The fried Zucchini blossoms were fried in a light batter and served with a nice tomato and yogurt sauce. As a self proclaimed foodie, I'm always amazed by the creative cusine that the chef makes. Always pleasesSpecial Features:
- Marweas46108aublaflushnyDined on 7/31/2014Very Well Done! Great setting, great food, friendly and well versed staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousJamesPDined on 7/30/2014We have eaten here at least a dozen times and we've never had a bad experience. Love the Saganaki (Opaaa!), the brussel sprouts, Shish Tawook, and Gemlik Zeytin.Special Features:
- Delicious...LoveFoodVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our first time (me & my husband) dining at Ayse Meze Lounge and we found it quite enjoyable! Our server was fantastic.... wish I could remember his name, but he thoroughly explained the concept of the restaurant (although we already knew), but we appreciated the detail. We had several dishes - the dolmades (very nice touch with the currants), the brussels sprouts (loved the sweetness of the honey), the scallops, which we AMAZING, and the Moussaka, which my husband LOVED (I am just not a fan of the dish... anywhere), but this restaurant will DEFINITELY be in our rotation.Special Features:
- Always AmazingrichviiiDined on 7/26/2014The food NEVER disappoints! We have our favorites like the cigar trio or various drips. They have new gluten free items which is great for my wife. The rotating and local food items are also amazing. We always try new things and keep our favorites.Special Features:
- Nice, friendly place with good foodYouGonnaEatThatDined on 7/25/2014This was my first time having Turkish food, so I can't speak to the authenticity, but everything was delicious. Service was friendly and absolutely excellent. The restaurant was recently remodeled (I had been her in its previous incarnation) and it's done in a very clean, airy style. One caveat is that there are a lot of hard surfaces and it can get a little noisy in the dining room when tables fill up. If you want to eat outside (which is nicely shaded), specify in your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Fantastic food and wine!LedgestoneDined on 7/24/2014We dined here for the first time last week. The beautiful outdoor brick patio had live entertainment but was full, unfortunately, but the hostess sat us next to the giant windows that look out on the patio, so it was the next best thing. Our server was enthusiastic and attentive, a real delite. The restaurant has a buzz to it;people enjoying great food,wine and each other! Extensive uniquen menu,some items came from the family farm in Turkey. Greek and Turkish dishes (tapas). We ordered 3 each-way too much food! 3 to split would have been perfect. I am a big fan of Greek reds, but was intrigued by a Turkish red, appreciate the detail descriptions on the menu- it was fabulous.We can't wait to return with group of friends to taste and pass!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation problem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We made an "online" reservation for outdoor dining. When we arrived we were told there was no outdoor dining available, even though the "internet" site did not notify us...it said our reservation was accepted. The maître d said she would do us a "favor" and find us seats somewhere inside. I would advise calling on the phone to make a reservation. As always the food was excellent! Bill from Hyattstown.Special Features:
- Delightful food and atmosperePatsyDined on 7/18/2014The Meza selections were delicious. The lunch special price fix was an excellent value. Enjoyed the lamb burger in Pita a d small Greek salad for lunch. The dinner special with cucumber soup and sauteed shrimp in a skillet were outstanding. We were there on Friday night and listened to the Monocacy Jazz combo. The food, drinks, service and music made for a memorable evening. Look forward to another visit there.Special Features:
- Frederick gemTonyDined on 7/16/2014I have eaten here several times and the food and service has been outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealTonyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Week after week we always are so pleased with Ayse. It never fails to please. The daily specials reflect the seasons and highlights the veggies locally raised. The grilled food, the seafood and mezzes always please and reflect the talents of the chef and kitchen. The staff and severs are the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DittyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding Opaa Saganaki! Great Kakavia too. I'm greek on my mother's side and I thought it was very authentic. We'll go there again.Special Features:
- Consistently a great restaurant!OliveMeDined on 7/11/2014We have eaten here many times and have always had great food, wine and service. I love the small plate and sharing concept. Able to have a large variety of different foods without spending a fortune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around Great!MomandhergirlsDined on 7/11/2014Fun and wonderful food~ yummy Meze selections, Outdoor seating was great with live music too. Very attentive staff We all enjoyed!Special Features:
- FabulousYummyDined on 7/5/2014We had a fabulous time at this restaurant! We arrived just as overtime began in one of the quarterfinal World Cup games. My husband jokingly asked if we could be seated where we could see the big screen TV. We had never been to this restaurant before and were pleasantly surprised to find they actually had a room with a big screen TV!! We waw the end of the game, had a fabulous meal, and interacted with people at the next table. The staff was helpful and attentive. Their suggestions were great. Had a sampler appetizer. The restaurant even provided a printed card showing what each item was on the serving plate. My husband's moussaka was delicious and my souvlaki was great. We shared a baklava for dessert and went away very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!jernlandDined on 7/5/2014We have dined at Ayse several times now and the food is always top notch. They offer so many unique items on the menu. It's nice that they offer it small plate style so that we can taste several different things. The brussel sprouts are my favorite (go figure!!) but everything is wonderful. Our service this time was not quite as good. Our waitress was very nice, but a little scattered. She forgot our orders a couple of times and had to come back and ask again. Also, on several occasions other servers brought plates to our table which were not ours and tried to serve our plates to the table beside us. Not sure what was going on there, as we have never had a problem with that before, but in any case, it was still a nice experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodAnnieDined on 6/29/2014Don't miss the sampler of spreads for the freshese pita bread or the Marrash Lamb. Other great finds are the scallops, the meatballs, the wonderful Turkish wine and the baklava with fresh ice cream.Special Features:
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014This is the first time I have ever tried Mediterranean food and I will be a lifer now. It was the best food I have had since moving here 4 years ago. I have the Filet and tavuk pide, the flavors are amazing and vibrant, with the most melt in your mouth tenderness. I plan on this being a staple in the community that not many people in the area have tried.Special Features:
- Another great mealTonyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our weekly dining experience at Ayse was as always great!! The menu reflected the seasons and the talents of Chef Ric. The fried squash bloosoms were so good, I had 2 servings. So many items on the nightly and regular menu to choose from. Everything cooked to order and perfection. The service is outstanding from the Manager Chris, who has become a dear friend, to our steady servers Sedat and Regina. We like to refer to them as the "A Team". They go out of their way to make the dining experience exceptional. Very efficient service. The wine list could use a few additonal selections from Spain, Italy and Portugal. I can understand that they try to showcase wines from the Eastern Mediterraean area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This was our second visit to Ayse Meze and we both wondered why it took us so long to return. It had been about a year. We ate early - dinner at 5:30 on a Friday so I cannot attest to the night life or late night dining experience. For us, we were grateful it was not yet crowded. We were able to hear each other talk with little problem. Our waiter was great at recommending items and explaining the portions. Ayse Meze is largely a "tapas" restaurant so portions are small with the intention that diners will have multiple dishes. We had an appetizer (a cheese dish served flaming!), salmon, scallops, spicy sausage and egg, oysters, and fruit for dessert. All was delicious, well presented. We had one beer and water, and the tab came to $72.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the ScallopssarahjaneDined on 6/20/2014The food was good, but the scallops were by far the best thing we ordered. They are delicious. You should definitely try them. It's listed as xtemia on the menu.
- Never Fails to PleaseTonyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our recent meal at Ayse was as usual excellent. The staff and the fine food never fails to please us. Some great specials and new items on the regular menu such as the couscous with crabmeat, and the salmon with beans are defnite winners along with the rabbit in fillo dough. Not to be overlooked are the stuffed zucchine blossoms fried. A seasonal dish which will always please. The staff as always treated us a famly. Catering to our every wishes. Not many places like Ayse around. That's why we come there weekly.Special Features:
- 1new guestnot2happyDined on 6/18/2014Food was good as usual, service however was not what we are accustomed to, timing of food to the table was off and at one point our food per the waiter was given to another diner, we will most likely return thoughSpecial Features:
- Middle Eastern delightdontgetoutmuchDined on 6/15/2014For anyone who has lived in the Middle East, this is a very delicious trip down taste-memory lane. The dishes were traditional and, in some cases, exotically creative. The Calamari was fabulous. The Istanbul sampler set the scene for a wonderful sample of the special flavors of this cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceTHD68Dined on 6/15/2014Our first visit to this restaurant was very good. The food and service were awesome. We enjoyed trying various plates and non disappointed. Since we went for a very early dinner on a Sunday, the bar area was not busy. I can't wait to go again to sit in the lounge. The restaurant decor is beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.