Ayhan's Shish Kebab
477 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Ayhan's Shish Kebab
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ayhansrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 5162228000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 11:00am -11:00pm Friday - Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday Bruch 11:00 am -3:00 pm Gourmet Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Contact: Juan or Giacomo 5162228000
A word from Ayhan's Shish Kebab
Ayhan's Shish Kebab in Westbury provides a contemporary setting for the Mediterranean fusion cuisine Ayhan first introduced to Long Island over 30 years ago. Ayhan's Shish Kebab serves house made Appetizers, including oustanding Hummus and Cod Fish Caviar. And Ayhan's is acclaimed for its Flame Grilled Whole Fish like the moist Branzini. The flavorful meat dishes include Grilled Mignon Kebab, Baby Lamb Chops and a juicy NY Strip. There is also a fine selection of Grilled Shrimp and Chicken dishes and popular Lobster Specials. The wine list includes a fine selection from Turkey and Greece as well as the USA and other regions, and the Bar serves generous Cocktails. The fresh made desserts include super creamy Cheesecake and the best Balkava anywhere. Ayhan's Shish Kebab strives to provide the warm hospitality and happy ambiance of the Mediterranean. So we invite you to dine with us and " Enjoy Life!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ayhan's Shish Kebab reviews from OpenTable diners
- delicioius and inexpensivedoc1989VIPDined on 8/14/2013great as always. delicious and inexpensive lunch specials. the pizza is quite tasty and the roll ups huge. salads look wonderful also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013The food was ok. I think they need a cold table to keep salad at proper temps. Service was friendly. Not crowded at all. We ware able to stay for a few hours.
- Ayan's Shish Kabobshels1818Dined on 6/18/2013Ayan's is a great place for Greek food. i love the lamb ribs, which are very flavorful. I get grilled vegetables instead of the traditional rice and potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek Fareshels1818Dined on 5/11/2013Ayan's Shish Kabob is a great place to get a reasonably priced Greek lunch or dinner. In addition to the shish Kabob, they serve the whole menu of Greek favorite. The Chumas appetizer is particularly good as were the the lamb ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty spot for lunch... IDebbusDined on 4/3/2013Tasty spot for lunch... I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday night.NeverdisappointedDined on 2/2/2013We went on a Saturday night. The new spot (across the street from the previous location in the Source) was a pleasant suprise. Decor was tasteful and welcoming but the real show stopper was the service. Excellent and attentive without being overbearing or bothersome. We were so pleased with the service - truly better than any we've had in months anywhere! We were a bit disappointed with the food. It was tasty but left us feeling a little short. The mixed grill Romanian steak was flavorful, the lamb gyro meat was moist and not dried out but the lamb chop was 75% fat. We were hoping for something just a bit more - but overall a great meal and a great place
- Of all the Ayhan's restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2012Of all the Ayhan's restaurants the one in Westbury is the nicest in my opinion. We went on a weeknight so restaurant was practically empty. Food here is good, but nothing spectacular. Service and ambiance make it worth it. If you want good Mediterranean at a reasonable price its a good place.Special Features:
- as always good food at relativelyfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 11/30/2012as always good food at relatively good prices - wait staff is a little amateurish - not as professional and finer establishments - but for the price, consistently good foodSpecial Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012The food and service were very good. A nice place for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- The food arrived lukewarm.ruthDined on 8/4/2012The food arrived lukewarm. The service was overly attentive. I put down my fork to take a breath and a busboy asked if he could wrap the rest of my dinner. We were rushed through three courses in under an hour - and the restaurant was nearly empty.Special Features:
- We liked the appetizers veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2012We liked the appetizers very much. Generous portions and very flavorful. It was a little expensive, that might inhibit us from returning. Entrees were great. But the felafel was surprisingly the weakest dish...a little dry.Special Features:
- Very nice experience. WeArnieDined on 7/11/2012Very nice experience. We have been there before and it was very good as usual. Waitress was a little hassled, but still did a good job. Certainly would recommend!!Special Features:
- Usually love this place butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/4/2012Usually love this place but I had lobster - it was very mushy and had an off-smell. sent it back and replacement was not that much better.
- We have been to Ayhan's restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2012We have been to Ayhan's restaurants on numerous occasions. While the food was good, the service was awful. We asked the waiter to bring more bread many times before he complied and the water was not refilled until we asked a number of times. There were no apologies offered, nor did the waiter seem at all concerned. The restaurant was not busy at our early hour, and there was truly no excuse for the lack of interest.
- For the first time I was disappointfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 6/27/2012For the first time I was disappointed in the service at Ayhan's - the waitress took a ridiculously long time to return when asked for our check and pick it up after we put the money down and waited for change. Also, the kafta kebob was extremely dry - almost too difficult to eat - these places are always outstanding, maybe caught a bad night, but they need to improve on how we were served this past week.
- Good but could be greatJredstangVIPDined on 6/22/2012Food was quick and tasty but service wasn't the best because on a Friday nite their was only one waitress on the floor. Other than that it was a nice place worth returning to.Special Features:
- Best Tasting CHicken!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2012One of best Mediterranean Restaurants. The chicken cooked on the skewer could not have been more perfect. Service was a pleasure. It was busy, he was working hard, and so attentive. Tasting the chicken made me want to sample many things off the menu. Hummis was cool, fresh, and tasty. I was also happy with the tasted of the red wine that was served with the meal.
- Great experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Everything went smoothly from the greeting to service. The food was very good, cooked properly as we asked for it, good selection of dishes. Everything was FRESH tasting & served hot! Lemons on the table for you to self cut & use - nice touch We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great brunch, although everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/11/2012Great brunch, although everyone in my party felt that it's better at Ayhan's, Plainview.Special Features:
- A bustleing atmosphere doesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2012A bustleing atmosphere does not diminish the enjoyment of food,drink and friends. We were a group of eight and the wait staff was extremely attentive and accommodating. Generous portions of delicious homemade bread and pita introduced us to the fare and were replenished without request. The hummus appetizer was beyond reproach-the best I have experienced.The mixed kebabs were succulent and cooked as ordered. We were looking forward to dessert but one member of our party insisted on going for a walk because he just could not eat any more! We will be back again for dessert and more.Special Features:
- Tried the grilled whole fishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Tried the grilled whole fish for which the restaurant is known. It was very good. Service was efficient. Garlic bread and dipping sauce to start meal was excellent. White sangria was fruity and very good. Ambiance was excellent.Special Features:
- My fish was dry, next tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2012My fish was dry, next table complained about the olives on the salad. looked like they came from Stop and shop they were not even a whole olive but sliced olives on the salad. Should have gone to Fish Kabob
- What a joke!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012They must have been kidding! Even with good, not great food. It would have been nice to see or find our waitress after she dropped off our food. My wife tried their Prix Fixe Valentine’s Day Special; she was not able to eat her desert and asked if she could just have to go. Well when we got home, the piece of Baklava looked like it was a left over from some other table. The whole piece was 1 inch wide and 2 inches long. What a joke and by no means was it a free meal.
- GOOD FOOD - BAD GREETINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012Good food, but annoying when I was greeted. The maitre d' insisted he knew who I was, and would not take my name. When I asked if my friend had arrived he said "NO." That was incorrect. She was already sitting down, and had given my name for the reservation. He thought I was someone else and wouldn't even listen when I wanted to give my name in order to receive my open table points. I did finally find my dinner friend, and the maitre d' realized his error. But I thought he was difficult and unprofessional - NOT customer-friendly. ALSO - the server was in a hurry to leave and not explain everything fully when we had questions. The food was very good. This is a casual eatery but service needs improvement FROM THE TOP DOWN.
- Service was slow, the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012Service was slow, the waitress was hard to track down on several occasions (less then 10 customers in the restaurant), although I did see her outside smoking a cigarette when we left and - guess she had time for that? Food was good, meat a little drier then hoped for. Also a little pricey for the amount of food delivered.
- The food at was well presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2012The food at was well presented for a brunch with a wide variety of breakfast foods and classic Mediterranean fare. The staff was preparing delicious zucchini pancakes but there weren't enough for the number of people present for brunch-I would suggest that they make larger batches in a larger pan each time. The waitstaff was efficient and courteous. As is always the case with a buffet, some of the food was not hot enough, but overall the brunch was very good for the price in a pleasant setting.Special Features:
- Service was slow, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2012Service was slow, however manager was very attentive. Food is same as at other Ayhan's, but not as well prepared. A little skimpy on vegetables and had to ask several times for the usual yogurt and onion sauces.
- Very good food. Great menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2011Very good food. Great menu, with lots of choices. There is something for everyone on the menu!Special Features:
- Worst restaurant in WestburyMarcoVIPDined on 12/1/2011A horrible dining experience. The waiter mixed up our order several times and gave us wrong information about the food. The chicken kabobs were sparse and dried out. The steak was well done not rare as ordered and it was like shoe leather. The vegetables that were represented as steamed had oil on them. The food was tasteless and of poor quality. The portions were skimpy. There were very few customers in the restaurant so I guess nobody ever goes back. We had bought a discount coupon and were very sorry. Even with the discount, the meal was of poor value. We will never go back.
- This is a very busy restaurant.LeslVIPDined on 11/5/2011This is a very busy restaurant. The food that we ordered had mixed reviews. The salad came before our drinks, and before appetizers. The soup was good. One person ordered lamb chops, when they came, they were loin not baby chops, the manager said they don't have baby chops anymore. The grilled pompano was not great. The stuffed sole and lamb shank were excellent. They were very accommodating and apologetic for the mistakes.Special Features:
- Nice quiet romantic setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Nice quiet romantic setting. Went on a Friday night. Attentive service (but not too attentive). Could chat between courses and no rush which is welcome change from other places. Food was good had moussaka, and some other entrees. Chocolate desert was appropriately delicious and high calorie.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch selection wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011Sunday Brunch selection was good, but not as many items as listed on their website. However, everything was delicious - from the Mediterranean specialties to the standard American fare such as french toast. Great bargain, including Bellinis and Mimosas for only $3.00. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We went a little later in the afternoon (2:30 pm) so it wasn't overly crowded, as some previous reviews seemed to indicate. We will definitely go back for not only the brunch, but dinner.Special Features:
- Been here numerous times andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Been here numerous times and between myself and dining partners easily have tried over 15 different menu items all of which have been excellent, very fresh and served hot. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Very good food, charming contemporaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2011Very good food, charming contemporary decor, excellent service.Special Features:
- Nice variety of MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2011Nice variety of Mediterranean food. One of us wanted something light and the other wanted a full dinner. We were both pleased.Special Features:
- very nice, casual restaurantAJHGDined on 10/22/2011very nice, casual restaurant with good food and moderate pricesSpecial Features:
- understaffed and over worked.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/17/2011understaffed and over worked. large party dominated restaurant and the service to everyone clearly suffered. kitchen also unable to perform to usual level. extremely disappointing as a long-time customer of Ahyan's, but can't ignore the truth.
- very accommodating to ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2011very accommodating to our party which had a wheelchair patron.Special Features:
- Brunch was served to a packedfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 9/11/2011Brunch was served to a packed house but there were simply not enough servers to handle the crowd. Went there for lunch the next day and it was excellent. I have been to three of Ayhan's locations and the food has been excellent, worth a try for those wanting Mediterranean food,Special Features:
- I had high expectations fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011I had high expectations from reading customer reviews and ended up being a bit disappointed. Perhaps as an industry professional and having lived in Astoria where there is an enormous amount of wonderful and authentic Mediterranean cuisine, it renders me a bit critical. The grilled whole branzino was fantastic, as well as the bottle of Greek white wine (2010 Boutari Moscofilero). But the appetizers were just ok - falafel didn't have much flavor, grilled octopus was tasty but a little tough, and the zucchini pancakes seemed tired and were a bit oily. I don't enjoy bashing restaurants. I do, however, have many years experience in fine dining as a chef and sommelier, and have simply given my honest opinion.