Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant
286 Main Street
Port Washington, NY 11050Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ayhansrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 5168831515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Friday, Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm Dinner: Sunday thru Thursday: 4:30pm to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available in house and off-premise. We offer flexible menus, entertainment and decor packages.
- Special Events: Father's Day 3 Course Prix Fixe Dinner for only $39 plus tax and tip.Served in a romantic setting by our friendly staff. Available all weekend June 17,18,19. Includes Appetizer, Main Course and Dessert, and a choice of Lobster, Fish, Steak and Lamb entrees.
A word from Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant
We serve a fusion cuisine of the best seafood dishes from Turkey, Greece, Israel,and other Mediterranean regions that provides one of the world's healthiest, most flavorful and well balanced diets. We prepare our Whole Grilled Fish in the traditional Mediterranean style by basting with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and searing in the juices on a very hot open flame grill. Our menu includes home made Appetizers and traditional fresh fish dishes like Baked Chilean Seabass, Stuffed Flounder Athenian and our acclaimed Mediterranean Bouillabaisse. We are famous for our Lobster specials, Filet Mignon Kebab and grilled Shrimp dishes. Our international wine list includes a fine selection from Turkey, Greece and the USA and our Bar serves contemporary cocktails. Our desserts are fresh made and include a tart Key Lime Pie and superb Baklava. We offer Catering in our festive Private Party Room as well as off premise. We hope you enjoy our cuisine and the warm hospitality of Ayhan's own native CyprusContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Port Washington ›
Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)special occasion (6)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/14/2014Suat was our waiter ... excellent service. Two fish dishes, both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner always fresh. There's service with a smile. We always enjoy going back for another delicious evening.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014The atmosphere and the food were decent, but the service was downright terrible. From the outset, the waitress Ellen didn't want to serve us. Our orders were rudely taken and the waitress used the main course dish to push my fork/knife away to make room for the dish. We also noticed the other customers were treated better than us. For example, she took the meat of the skewers and ask how the meal to all the customers except us. We were polite to the waitress through the whole ordeal. In certain ways, I felt bad for the owner. He placed his restaurant discount with Groupon and AMEX. His goal was to draw more customers. Instead, many customers will not come back.
- LTxrxDined on 7/23/2014Had reservations across the street at Fish Kebab, but the address on our coupon [save $5.] was for this restaurant. Same owner, same food. Salad comes with all the dishes, Good mixed Greek salad. Fresh bread & dip. 2 had lamb baked ribs, thought they were a bit greasy [but it's lamb], salmon kebab and soft shell crabs. All accompanied by rice and peas. Best soft shell crabs I've had in a while. Know how sometimes the shell is still a bit hard & chewy? Well these weren't-well coated [a bit salty] & nicely sauteed. Asked for he crabs [as opposed to she] & seems that is what I got-no roe & meaty. Also the sangria was very good. Have heard only good things about these restaurants [there are 3 in Port Washington], can understand why GO! GO!Special Features:
- AnOldFriendDined on 7/4/2014Delightful and reliable; never disappoints. This evening, I only had a grilled fish but it was delightfully fresh and grilled perfectly and annointed with just the right touch of olive oil and lemon. The side salad with a minimal extra charge [$4.00] is a bargain; easily enough for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs a revampOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was eh. The place looks old and outdated. Food was nothing to talk about. I def wouldn't go back especially considering the prices.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Ayhan's Fish-Kebab Restaurant reviews archive.
- Do NOT recognize RESERVATIONS!MrandMrsJayDined on 6/21/20146.22.14: Made rez. with Open Table for 7:30. Reservation WAS accepted. Arrived at 7:20, there was a 40 minute wait for a table (EVEN WITH) my open table reservation. Obviously, reservations (Open Table, or via phone) are NOT honored by this restaurant. When asked why reservation are NO Thonored, the young lady at reception desk had a "so . . . sue me" attitude! Indifferent, indignant! After 45 minutes (with at least another 20 minute wait ahead of us) . . .we LEFT and went to the French Bistro (on the same block) and were seated IMMEDIATELY upon arrival! The food, service and ambiance (there) was just fine! In fact, the owner came over twice to ask about our dinning experience with them.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 6/21/2014Last Saturday was an off night with everything being below par. Still recommend the restaurant for fresh fish, generally good service and ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TomCatDined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Ayhan's Fish Kekob, but it will not be our last. The apps were delicious--we had the fried calamari (which was the best I've ever had!), the mussels--also great, and the crab cakes--which were delightful as well!! For dinner I had the striped bass special, my wife had the bronzino, kids had chicken kebob and shrimp/steak kebob. All of the food was truly fantastic. We had a bit of a wait between appetizers and dinner, but the waiter made up for it by giving me a big piece of chocolate cake to go (because I couldn't eat anything else!!).Special Features:
- arthurmsDined on 5/20/2014always good. Their lobster special on Monday and Tuesdays is really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulousLIFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014This was my first time going and the food was so good. The selection was great. Their house special salad with dill was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayhan's Fish-KebabthewritefoodDined on 5/17/2014Four of us ate at Ayhan's Fish-Kebab this past weekend. Attractive place (we have eaten there a couple of times prior to this visit) The service was friendly, knowledgeable and prompt, but not pushy. The salads were fresh and the hummus was very tasty. As to the entrees. An order of salmon was dry and had more than a hint of lemon and the soft shell crab special was way too lemony (unless you really like lemons) and somewhat spongy. The other two entrees were fine. Portions were fair. The galaktoboureko dessert was one of the best I have ever eaten. Overall, we thought the prices were a little high and the food was good but not great.
- Always a Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Delicious..consistent..good service & pleasanvt surroundings. Have a drink outside while you wait! Going for many years, prices good too! Not just fish!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, So-So ServiceConnecticutCoupleVIPDined on 5/11/2014I went to Ayhan's on Mother's Day, so they were packed and short-staffed....service was somewhat lacking, but the staff was well-intentioned. But the food was really, really good...much better than I was expecting. Don't miss the grilled octopus, or the seafood kabobs. Exceptional. I'll try it again on a non-holiday.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 4/25/2014Once again we had the most enjoyable dinner. The food is fresh & delicious. I am gluten free & feel safe eating here.The service (Sal) & the other wait staff are helpful & accommodating ... It's always a pleasurable dining experience. Looking forward to our next time. Always, EllenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room For ImprovementValueSeekerDined on 4/12/2014Made a reservation for the Restaurant for Saturday at 2:00 PM - Open Table's system should not have accepted this reservation since as we found out when we arrived: the restaurant is closed at this hour. What was open was the self-serve Ayhan's Fish Kebab Cafe across the street. Service at the Cafe was slow, inefficient and unfriendly. Pre-cooked food sold at the cafe (for example: chicken kebab) was not fresh.
- Great neighborhood spot!AwesomeVIPDined on 3/21/2014We came here with cousins from Manhattan, haulage, coLorado & Atlanta. Everyone found something they liked. Service was very good & the decor is very pretty. Is go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An easy place to go with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/18/2014An easy place to go with friends. They let you dine leisurely, the food is good and prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/1/2014always a great choice for dinner- fresh fish choices recommended by our favorite waiter Sal who is always right on the money! Salads fresh and lightly dresses- goes great with the unbeatable warm pita bread and hummus! We will return!Special Features:
- Well Cooked Fish123abcVIPDined on 2/9/2014Large selection of whole fish that was cooked perfectly, as well as a great selection of filet of fish, chicken, lamb, & beef. Service was a little slow due to the lack of wait staff. Willing to give them another try since I enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open seating, disappointingresident11Dined on 1/18/2014Ahyans was great. However they did not get the reservation that I made through open seating and had to seat me at the only table available which was near the kitchen and very noisy. I will never use open searing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Been there many times. Always good. Consistent food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best part of the Ayhan empireKidsdoc141Dined on 1/5/2014Attentive service and excellent fish. Great hummus and salads. Warm pita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although there wasn't a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014Although there wasn't a problem being seated, hostess advised that she didn't see that we had made a reservation using opentable. Food. Dry good, as always. We love the outdoors courtyard ambience of this indoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good fishBillyeatsVIPDined on 12/28/2013Food here is consistantly very good. I recommend the whole stuffed bronzini. Shrimp kabobs also good...two skewers with rice and veggies. Service can be spotty.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodMartiniGirlDined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed our 3rd visit to this restaurant. We both ordered the sea scallops and they were well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laura's B'DayeyelashesDined on 10/21/2013I had an overall good experience at your restaurant. Fish was fresh and very good. My friends were satisfied with there food as well. I certainly will be back. Thank you for asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was not impressive.msmrjmDined on 10/13/2013The service was not impressive. Extremely noisy surroundings and they had a party with a DJ playing which made the noise even more intense. When our main courses were served 1 out of the 4 of us didn't get their meal until at least 10 minutes plus. One of the dishes came with linguini that was over cooked and they serve small portions. We felt that the waiter probably forgot to order the dish.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD BUT WOULDN'T GO BACKBenDoverDined on 10/12/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was good but the noise and service was unbearable. There is an open balcony over half the dining room where there was a private party with a LOUD DJ. The kitchen was busy preparing food for the party and no food was coming out of the kitchen for the diners on the first floor. When it came time to serve the people at the party all the waiters and busboys from the first floor were used. At this point there was no food and no servers. The diners were up in arms. This restaurant is not made for catering. If the management doesn't realize this they will loose a lot of diners.
- Great fishAlanDined on 10/4/2013We frequent the restaurant and love the way they prepare the fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were on a boat moored inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2013We were on a boat moored in the harbor. Were walking around looking for a place to eat and wandered in. We were very pleased with everything. The fish was fresh and the service was friendly and helpful. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable seafood diningbiscuitDined on 7/17/2013Good but not great food. Seafood very fresh and cooked properly but with a bit too much salt for my taste. Service good but could be more attentive.Special Features:
- Lobster is wonderful I! VillagerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2013Lobster is wonderful I! Villager salad is very good so is desertSpecial Features:
- Again and again...GourmantVIPDined on 6/29/2013Returned with out of town friends for a Sunday diner. The evil was soft shell crabs. Awesome. The lobster tail salmon cobo was also a winner. Crystal, out waitress is friendly and professional. Tell her I sent you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish in townGourmantVIPDined on 6/16/2013If you are looking for great quality, fresh fish, there is no better in the area. In addition, the ambiance transports you to foreign lands. Best of all, the waitstaff have been there forever. Always accommodating and friendly. Lobster special is a bargain. An eating extravaganza. Even the coffee is special.Special Features:
- Food was good as usual, butdijonVIPDined on 6/16/2013Food was good as usual, but service was not. It seemed like the waitress really didn't want to be there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The total experience was horriblecontangoDined on 6/15/2013The total experience was horrible from the minute we arrrived. We were a party of six , Four of us were seated.They seated us at a table made up of two separate tables. Each one had a leaf that didn't stay up. Finally the other two arrived giving our name and they were seated at another table. Our drink orders were finally taken after being there for about 10 minutes. The alcohol was delivered to 4 and the two wines arrived 5 minutes later. Finally the waitress came. She didn't seem to care about the fact that we were being ignored. Some time later the food came out and she placed all of the dishes in the wrong places. Even one dish was from another table. We have frequented this restaurant many times before and probably will never again.
- Excellent food; hard to parkOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2013The food and ambience were fine, the noise level a little high. The only problem was trying to cross Main Street from the valet parking lot. The traffic is heavy and the crossing buttons didn't seem to work to allow people to cross safely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Second time that we came to Fish-Kebab. Loved it so much last time we brought friends with us to show them we were not lying. Excellent food, wonderful atmosphere, waitress was a doll even though she was pretty busy the whole time. What more could you ask for from a place. Will be back again no doubt about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2013Chef has a heavy hand with salt. Should try to reduce salt in dishes. We had the boulabaisse, stuffed shrimp and broiled lobster. Came with a salad. Bread and hummus was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.