3901 Tennyson St.
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.axiosdenver.com/
- Phone: 7203282225
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am-9pm Friday 11am-10pm Saturday 10am-10pm Sunday 10am-9pm Now serving brunch Saturdays & Sundays 10am-3pm! Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Royce Oliveira
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire within in regarding our catering options.
- Entertainment: Greek Night every 3rd Thursday of the month. Live Greek bouzouki music featuring special musical guests each month.
- Special Events: Greek Night every 3rd Thursday of the month. Live Greek bouzouki music featuring special musical guests each month.
A word from Axios
Estiatorio AXIOS is Denver’s newest modern Greek Restaurant located on Tennyson Street in the Denver Highlands, only ten minutes from downtown. AXIOS offers an array of traditional Greek favorites from our family's recipes going back to the Greek Island of Chios. We also offer more progressive Mediterranean dishes, which we have created with strong Greek influences. In addition to the classic meat dishes, we offer many vegetarian and gluten-free options. Estiatorio AXIOS offers a full bar and an extensive wine list with selections from around the world, focusing strongly on the up and coming wine regions of Greece. Happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from 3-6 p.m. where mezze (small plates) are offered at happy hour prices along with discounted drink specials. Come join us for an authentic Greek experience! Now serving brunch Saturdays & Sundays 10am-3pm!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axios reviews from OpenTable diners
- I had a cup of the lentilOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012I had a cup of the lentil soup which was wonderfully spiced.The bread that came with olive oil was nicely textured and allowd the olive oil fragrance to show. For an entree I had a flatbread with meats. While the flatbread was quite good I found myself wanting some vegetables..... The waitress was very sweet and very attentive. The other food I saw being served looked great. I will have to come again....Special Features:
- We had a party of 6 and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012We had a party of 6 and everyone loved dinner there! The only issue was that the noise level in the restaurant was too loud to hear my group from across the table. The wait staff were friendly and the food was delicious. Prices were on the high side but the portions of the food were appropriate and very tasty. Next time we have some money to spend, we will come back.Special Features:
- We had a great table at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012We had a great table at the front looking out to the street!
- AxiosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Tried several small plates for happy hour the saganaki, gyro slider, and souvlaki and all were great. My husband tried the brizole and really liked it too. For dessert we split the almond olive cake and it was great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veUptownGirlDined on 8/17/2012This is the second time I've been here, which indicates we liked it very much. The food was great and the atmosphere nice, but this second time there were too many noisy kids for us four adults. If you have kids, this is the place to take them. We'll probably give it a try again, but if the kids again are loud we won't go back.Special Features:
- I first came to Axios on TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2012I first came to Axios on Tuesday for lunch w/a girlfriend. We loved the menu options, service and food! So much so that, after describing it all to my husband, we went again that same night for dinner! Service was excellent, they were very accommodating of our 3 yr old & the food was great! Plus $10 bottles of wine on Tuesdays?!? Two gyros, a bottle of Greek red & a kids meal (cleverly disguised spaghetti & meatballs- penne with meatballs in a lamb tomato ragout) and we were a happy family anxious to return again soon.Special Features:
- Perfectly Greek!hikerbuckDined on 8/11/2012Excellent spot for Greek food, we sampled several items, spanakopita..tender pillows of filo dough baked with spinach & cheese, delicious, lentil soup, brothy with lot of flavor from veggies & lentils, gyro sandwich, tender lamb, not too salty, spinch salad with beets, creamy feta & candied walnuts, yum and topped it off with the "do not miss" their baklava and Little Bear Ice Cream. Nice selection of wines, daily specials were a great choice, beer,cocktails and ouzo, of course! Service was spot on and friendly. We will return.Special Features:
- While the food was good forTimmyVIPDined on 8/11/2012While the food was good for the most part and the waiter was attentive, there were a couple of glitches. The first impression of the food was not good. We were served bread that was stale. We mentioned it to the waiter and he explained that they serve their old bread first. He seemed like he thought that was a reasonable response. After further discussion he said he would bring some fresh bread but never did. The special was listed as having asparagus but when the served it came with zucchinni instead. I would go back but am not in a big rush to do so.
- This is the best Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2012This is the best Greek food in Denver, mo question about it. Terrific wine selection, knowledgeable wait staff (Evangelos is great), and really fresh food. Check it out for yourselves!Special Features:
- We have been here severalBillDined on 7/28/2012We have been here several times and always enjoyed it. This time the service was very special as there was a mix-up on our order and the restaurant went way beyond to remedy the mistake. They even threw in a free dessert. We always have a great time here and the food is great.Special Features:
- really good food at decentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012really good food at decent prices. I really liked it!Special Features:
- Comfortable neighborhood restaurantJodyDined on 7/22/2012Comfortable neighborhood restaurant without a snobby scene. Wait staff is always friendly and the food is great. Love the Kima flatbread! They also have a Greek-style sangria that is perfect for a hot summer day.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2012Food and service were excellent. I only gave a "very good" for "Ambiance" because the ceiling was lined with plastic (b/c of a leak, we were told).Special Features:
- We were a party of 4 so wellrDENVIPDined on 7/3/2012We were a party of 4 so we tried almost all the appetizers and shared everything. Very good food, especially the lamb (meatballs and ribs). Dolmas were weird, more like the size of a spring roll. We were there when they were offering $10 bottles of wine, we had 3 and cocktails. Great server and we had a great time.
- went for a birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2012went for a birthday dinner and had an amazing time! the service was OUTSTANDING and the food exceeded our expectations. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great food as always. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Great food as always. Extremely noisy. Had to shout to hear each other. I don't call that "'energetic"-I call it a bad environment for getting together with old friends when you really want to talk. It keeps getting noisier and there's also the truly energetic background music that you can't really hear anymore; it's just more noise that makes people talk even louder. Axios has been a favorite of ours, but now we are reluctant to go there.Special Features:
- Denver area is lacking inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2012Denver area is lacking in Greek restaurants so this is a very good opportunity to experience some well prepared food.Special Features:
- This was our second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2012This was our second time dining at Axios and it was a very good experience. We took our children with us this time and they were able to order off the regular menu (they do have a children's menu) with no problem, and enjoyed their food. Axios has a very nice Greek wine selection and their desserts are very good. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Great service, helpful waitstaff,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2012Great service, helpful waitstaff, wonderful appetizers. Main course and salad were very disappointing. And someone has a heavy hand with the pepper.Special Features:
- Great Greek!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2012We've been to Axios several times and have never had a bad meal! The staff is great and very knowledgeable and the food is outstanding. We ALWAYS get the spanikopita and something with the Greek Meatballs. I had the Pastitsio (a Greek-style lasagna) and it was better than I thought it would be. Overall for the price you pay, it's worth every dollar. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- For really good Greek food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012For really good Greek food, this is the place to go. Our waitress told us that everything is made from scratch minus the pitas. After eating at other Greek diners-it's clearly evident that she is right. I had the moussaka. I have never had ANYTHING so good! It was rich and succulent-just perfect. The jalapeno infused bloody mary is a nice brunch wake up as well.Special Features:
- Easily the best Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Easily the best Greek food in Denver, very authentic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Overall food was good. ISamiDined on 6/16/2012Overall food was good. I had the Mousaka and it was very good. However, the Baklava was too sweet and a bit odd tasting.Special Features:
- Love the food, the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Love the food, the neighborhood and the service. What a wonderful hidden area. Great food every time we go!!Special Features:
- Everyone was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012Everyone was very friendly and the food was great. The portions were large which would be good for sharing. The only negative was not enough eggplant in the eggplant dish.Special Features:
- My friends and I had a lovelyJanetCVIPDined on 6/10/2012My friends and I had a lovely meal at Axios. The food and service were both just great! We all said we would return.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.JodyDined on 6/9/2012Great food and great service. There is plenty on the menu for those who want to spend a little more or a little less. The Greek meatballs were amazing!Special Features:
- In the "hood" so happy toDawnVIPDined on 6/8/2012In the "hood" so happy to have it close by. Very good and solid.....Special Features:
- While the food was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2012While the food was delicious, the service was very slow. A great place to eat, but allow extra time. Probably not a good choice for a one hour lunch break.Special Features:
- Terrific food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2012Terrific food, especially gyro sandwich. Also great service. We drove all the way from Castle Rock, and will go back!Special Features:
- $10 bottles of wine at certainthymeDined on 6/5/2012$10 bottles of wine at certain times. Delicious too! Food was fresh and much of it was very tasty. Skip the flatbreads and stick to main courses and appetizers. Sizeable portions!Special Features:
- I've been to Axios twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2012I've been to Axios twice and was not dissappointed in the least --fabulous restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Greek in name only?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012The salads were great, but the main meal was forgetable. The moussaka was so dry I had to drink at leat 4 glasses of water to get it down - wich the waitstaff was ever eager to refill. The main courses were pretty unimaginative flavorwise.Special Features:
- Must try Axios - ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Excellent food and service. The lamb shank and the flavor of the pasta sauce were outstanding. Would recommend for a quiet dinner for two or for a larger event and we will be back.Special Features:
- Love this place! The saganakilove2eatVIPDined on 5/25/2012Love this place! The saganaki is the most amazing thing EVER. Great food, great staff, and a great little spot to be! Keep up the good work guys! we'll be coming back for years to come!
- Good local sceneCGinArvadaDined on 5/23/2012Our waiter was GREAT! The food, very tasty. The entire experience delightful. I will return.Special Features:
- We found the food to be incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2012We found the food to be incredible and we actually returned a couple of days later for another wonderful dining experience! Our wait person was very helpful on recommending items (since we are not that familiar with Greek cuisine) and we were very pleased with her suggestions. We are looking forward to returning very soon!Special Features:
- Amazing gem of a restaurant!Dub69Dined on 5/20/2012Axios is sure to become a classic neighborhood restaurant in the area. Great food and just a great all around restaurant. If you are looking for something new that's not like all of the other restaurants out there, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- I had a lamb-burger whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012I had a lamb-burger which was delicious, though I ordered med-rare and it came to me very rare. My husbands gyro was good. My mother had orzo salad which she thought tasted bad, I tried a taste and indeed it did have something off about it.Special Features:
- You describe a loud noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012You describe a loud noise level as "energetic" for us old folks, it is unpleasant because tables are close together. When Axios isn't full, the noise level is fine. So, we normally go at lunch. We've brought many people to Axios and everyone loves it.Special Features: