3901 Tennyson Street
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axiosdenver.com/
- Phone: 7203282225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Thomas dAquin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Axios
Estiatorio AXIOS is Denver’s newest modern Greek Restaurant located on Tennyson Street in the Denver Highlands, only ten minutes from downtown. AXIOS offers an array of traditional Greek favorites from our family's recipes going back to the Greek Island of Chios. We also offer more progressive Mediterranean dishes, which we have created with strong Greek influences. In addition to the classic meat dishes, we offer many vegetarian and gluten-free options. Estiatorio AXIOS offers a full bar and an extensive wine list focusing strongly on Greek and Italian wines. Happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from 5-6 p.m. where mezze (small plates) are offered at happy hour prices along with discounted drink specials. Come join us for an authentic Greek experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Axios - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Axios reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (22)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (16)good for groups (12)romantic (12)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Special night outsrlsDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating a quiet birthday- the service was very personable, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxing. We were able to enjoy our wine and appetizer without rush, then the main course was exceptional. The dessert was lacking a little. I would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDaveDined on 9/26/2014We live within a 10 minute walk of Axios and with all of the great dining along Tennyson street hadn't gotten to eat here yet. That was a mistake, we found the food to be delicious and unique. We will definitely be back. The one complaint is that the service was slow, we were there for an hour and a half total for diner. My feeling about going out to eat is if I want fast food I'll go to chipotle. The manager did come out and apologized for a large party of 12 that was seated right before us, so I think the wait may have been abnormal. One last note is the noise level was pretty high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!ViennaGirlDined on 9/18/2014Ambiance, food and service very good. We'll be back for Greek Night!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014One of our very favorite restaurants in Colorado Springs is Jake n Telly's. We decided to visit our kids in Denver and wants to Axios, the offspring. The brunch was fabulous. Greek eggs Benedict and a cheese dish with egg on top. Scrumptious! We even had sweets that were unique and tasty. The service was less than stellar. We were seated right away, having made reservations. We were served water and given menus, but had to still for a server after waiting 15 minutes. Food came out slowly, the dessert was very late coming out. The server was sterile, which is completely the opposite of our favorite eatery in The Springs. Even the celebratory OPA was flat, and not offered to our table. I would probably try again, but no time soon. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014Axios is a standout. We've been a couple times this past year, and the quality and depth of flavor of the dishes has really impressed us. They have several traditional dishes they do to perfection plus some that are creative, different and tasty.Special Features:
- surprisingly classyKpearlDined on 8/28/2014From the exterior it may look a little gimmicky, but inside it's nothing but class all the way! Food is flavorful, elegant and exciting. The ambiance is relaxed with just the right amount of Greek charm. A great place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Greek!foodcriticDined on 8/27/2014It is great to finally find an upscale Greek restaurant in Denver. The food and service were both top-notch. Very friendly, kind and welcoming environment. The lamb ribs fell off the bone & melted in my mouth & a bite of the swordfish left me wanting more! The house-made desserts are out of this world. especially the flour-less chocolate cake!! (If you do save room for it, bring a slice home.) A welcome addition to our list of favorite places. Will definitely frequent it and let friends know about it!Special Features:
- Greek with a twistCapHillResDined on 8/27/2014My meal started off w Kasseri cheese flambeau. That was a fun presentation. The lemon, so indicative of Greece, added a nice counterpart to the melted cheese. I really enjoyed the Roast lamb ribs. They were tender and flavorful. Rather than a bed of rice , it was served on garlic feta mashed potatoes. My only disappointment was the Baklava wasn't drenched in honey. I like mine gooey and sweet. The dining experience is certainly worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Restaurant WeekEpepDined on 8/24/2014We came for Denver Restaurant Week and had a great time. The food was delicious and portions were very generous. Our waiter was very helpful and professional, as were all the staff. They have a very nice selection of Greek wines which are not so easy to find, but go perfectly with the food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RememberingEnjoyDined on 8/21/2014Have been to Axios before when they were serving lunch. Was very impressed then. Thought I would try again. This time the service again was excellent. The wine choice also. The food was very good. The description of the lamb ribs was a little misleading but the dish is worth ordering again. All together a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not real Greek foodgoodeatsDined on 8/9/2014It wants to be fancy Greek Food but it is over thought. If you want spicy Pastitsio with green peppers then you are at the right place. I did expect olive oil on the feta and olives but the orange infusion on the olives was unexpected.Special Features:
- Really great -GracedDined on 8/9/2014We love this place. Wonderful food and fun staff. Save room for desert and try the Torta Kataifi, it's amazing!Special Features:
- love2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything is perfectly done every time we come in! Well done Axios. We will be back often!Special Features:
- Yum. and LOVE!yummyeaterDined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience. The food was amazing- really unique and not something that you can just whip up in your own kitchen. Our waitress was fabulous- she even brought me two different kinds of feta to sample and explained the difference. Great food, and the service was so good that I asked to speak to the manager. A really great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Not as good. this time.mangiaVIPDined on 8/2/2014I really like going to the restaurant. But Saturday night was a little off. First we were served the wrong salad which I can see might happen. The menu is in greek and it hard to pronounce some of the words. So, perhaps the waitress could not understand me. We ate it anyway but miss what we wanted. The fish special was not up to par because of a very bland sauce served with the fish. Just an off night but we return again.Special Features:
- Best Greek food EVERNancVIPDined on 7/30/2014Seriously. If you like Greek food, this is THE place to go in Denver. Like moussaka? You will never find any more heavenly than at Axios. Same goes for their arni. And the chef here knows how to make a simple lentil soup or Green salad something really special. In addition to delectable Greek desserts, the flourless chocolate cake is out of this world. You have to try this place...and then you'll be craving for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice brunch optionpastrychef5280Dined on 7/19/2014We had been to Axios before for dinner, but we never thought of it for brunch until we saw a Living Social deal including mimosas, entrees and a pastry to share. We really enjoyed our experience. Our server was quick and efficient but also friendly. Our food was tasty too. I had the fig pancakes, and my fiancé had the omelet with added gyro meat. The only criticism I can share is that one or two of my pancakes were cooked a little too long and were kind of crispy on one side.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 7/15/2014Our New York City cousins were visiting and we took they to Axios...and we had a great evening. Ann is a professional and very enthusiastic waitperson and all four of us enjoyed our meal....especially the calamari appetizer, and my lamb rib and chicken dish made with deep purple wine (sorry, don't remember the name.) We are going back tonight with our best couple friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingwhodatDined on 7/5/2014All the dishes being served looked so good but we had a new salad on the menu with arugula and cayenne pepper which was a fantastic start. My wife got Moussaka and I had Lamb Giouvetsi which were both excellent. Wine pairings suggested were spot on and finished with some ouzo - what a great meal! Portions sized for leftovers which was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKarenDined on 7/5/2014Just yummy! The service is great too. A must try for anyone new.Special Features:
- An up and down experience at AxiosOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I like Axios, and have enjoyed all four or five times we've been, but our recent visit for brunch didn't measure up. The coffee came lukewarm and the cream put in the coffee had curdled. The bowl of soup, which just involves pouring into the bowl and bringing out, took a very long time to come out, and right on its heels came the entrees. Then, the fig pancakes with candied nuts arrived with none of the candied nuts. My wife had to ask about it twice. Finally, the situation was kind of remedied when they were packaged up and put in a carry out box with the dessert we decided to take home with us. I can report that the split pea soup, Greek salad and Greek dessert were fine. Altogether, our most shaky experience at Axios.Special Features:
- Friendly, Wonderful Greek food24brunchDined on 6/26/2014Charming corner view with attentive service and very vibrant menu. Had a lovely time and enjoyed the view of the neighborhood with Greek food both traditional and newer variations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carole HopsonShirahDined on 6/19/2014A real gem for a date, a meal with friends,with good food and wine. The special occasions are a plus. Looking forward to the day when its venue can expand somewhat,so that the occasional Greek music and dance has room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek food loverRogersVIPDined on 6/19/2014It was a special event about santorini wines.we all enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in denverDineorwhineDined on 6/15/2014I am half Greek and love the food at Axios. The flavors are authentic and delicious with a modern take. Truly great. I ordinarily avoid Greek restaurants because the food is never as good as what my grandmother and mother used to make. However, Axios is fantastic. Great service and drinks tooSpecial Features:
- DisgustingNotafoodsnobDined on 6/5/2014Food wasn't fresh, wasn't skillfully prepared, wasn't at the proper temperature and wasn't served by competent people. It was disappointing in every way.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Axios reviews archive.
- Great Findluv2eatDined on 5/27/2014Axios is a great little place in the up and coming neighborhood. Had driven past it many times and finally had a birthday dinner there. Wonderful food at good prices. Will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Axios continues to impressTBarnesDined on 5/25/2014We have been eating at Axios since they opened and have always had an excellent experience. Not just the best Greek restaurant in Denver, but one of the best restaurants in Denver. Service is attentive without being overbearing. Food is excellent and well presented. Telly, the owner, always manages to stop by to see how everything is. The only negative is that Axios is not open for lunch during the week.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014The food is authentic and delicious! The servers were really attentive and the owner even stopped by to check on everything. Wonderful experience and will return!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Great ExperienceGarrettLSDined on 5/20/2014This place was amazing! The service was really impressive. The owner was very active in making sure everything was great, and the server was really helpful and informative, too. The food was the best part, though. We got the dolmades to start and then the Arni Psito and the Lamb Giouvetsi. Everything tasted sooo good! I'm sure a lot of time and care went into crafting the recipes, and it was obvious in how great the results were. This was our first time visiting, but we will returning, as well as telling our friends about it.Special Features:
- Deliciously IntimateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014We ventured to Axios with an Amazon Local deal for $50. We were seated at the front in a small table that faced the road, to see the way the nightlife was in the area. We were greeted with a hearty smile and appreciation for using an Amazon Local deal (which is a nice change of pace from how people usually react to some sort of deal voucher). Our waitress gave us recommendations on food and drink, and we went with a nice hummus plate, pork loin with rice, and pork chop. The hummus plate was the perfect size and a nice space filler before the main courses. I had the most giant hunk of pork I've ever had at a restaurant, and it was cooked to perfection. The drinks were unique and a nice complement to the entrees. A great experience!Special Features:
- Great GreekfoodnutDined on 5/16/2014A small Greek restaurant located off the usual track. The food is excellent and the diners are young professionals. Friendly staff. The flaming cheese is always my favorite. Great place for meeting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014We went here for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day, the food was amazing and our service was even better! I highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014If you like Greek food, you should check this place out. It is outstanding Greek food and not even classifying it as Greek, it is just flat out delicious-very everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentKleatusVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place for Mother's Day brunch, one of my mom's favorite restaurants when she comes to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have been looking for Greek food in the Denver area. We finally found it and it was great!Special Features:
- yummycwoodDined on 5/10/2014great food, service, and ambience. fun place to experience greek food if you have or haven't had it before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food002reviewerDined on 5/9/2014My mom and I both ordered the Chicken Mavrodaphne. The presentation of the dish and the flavor was outstanding! The Greek Sangria was great too. For dessert we both had the tasty Torta Kataifi. One piece is enough for two people to share. Overall I was impressed with the service and quality of the ingredients.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Terrific experience. The owner is passionate about the food and wine offerings, having traveled far and wide and brought his experiences to benefit in this Greek restaurant. Knowledgeable staff, everything is custom prepared. Superb wine list. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesomercrystal78VIPDined on 5/1/2014Love Axios. Best Greek food in Denver. A true gem in the Highlands.Special Features: